PDA

View Full Version : Style of play

Stuart93
30-08-2020, 10:48 PM
What’s Jack Ross’ preferred style of play for us? I’m yet to see any really.

Today wasn’t great at all.

It seems like all we have just now is sidewards pass after sidewards pass then a punt up to the striker when we’re pressed/no ones moving to make any space.

Aberdeen played the way any team should play against us like what hearts done last year, press us high up the park and we’ll launch it forward to no-one.

Like others are saying, there’s no link from the defence to the midfield then from the midfield to attack. Even when Gogic is playing he’s often bypassed. I know people keep going on and on about mcgeouch but he was superb at dropping deep for the ball and linking the midfield with defence and creating an attack.

Surely if we can see it, watching the games as fans, our manager/coaches/recruitment team are all seeing it too?

We really need to find a player that’s capable of doing that.

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Slow and sideways recently.

Unseen work
30-08-2020, 11:02 PM
When he first came in it was clearly all out attack to try and get the best players on the park and try to be the “well out score the opposition approach”. It worked well for him however you can’t expect to score 2-3 goals every game.

This season he’s clearly identified our weakenesses and brought in Gogic for a bit of steel and drilled the defence on what he expect, which has lead to not conceding from open play.

Going forward the main issue is our main creative players in Allan and Boyle are off form, whilst Wright, Doidge and Nisbet have been injured for a part.

He’s still trying to find the right balance but when he does and our creative players get form we will be good to go and be a real threat going forward whilst defensively solid.

I think he has the right view of playing good attacking football but also the importance of being solid and hard to beat which is massive in Scotland.

Stuart93
30-08-2020, 11:08 PM
When he first came in it was clearly all out attack to try and get the best players on the park and try to be the “well out score the opposition approach”. It worked well for him however you can’t expect to score 2-3 goals every game.

This season he’s clearly identified our weakenesses and brought in Gogic for a bit of steel and drilled the defence on what he expect, which has lead to not conceding from open play.

Going forward the main issue is our main creative players in Allan and Boyle are off form, whilst Wright, Doidge and Nisbet have been injured for a part.

He’s still trying to find the right balance but when he does and our creative players get form we will be good to go and be a real threat going forward whilst defensively solid.

I think he has the right view of playing good attacking football but also the importance of being solid and hard to beat which is massive in Scotland.

I think it has a lot more to do with teams knowing how to play against us as opposed to our attacking/creative players being “off form”

If there’s no link between your defence and midfield you’ll struggle to get your creative players into the game imo. They pressed us and hurried us into punting an aimless ball forward today countless times after we passed it sideways.

It’s been a problem in our midfield now for a couple seasons and our league position has reflected it. Our midfielders/wingers don’t seem to want to move to make themselves available for the ball.

I think JR still has work to do in the transfer market to properly address it because apart from the livi game we haven’t controlled any game in the middle of the park yet imo.