PDA

View Full Version : Murphy vs McRorie Contract - what's the difference?

houstonhibbee
30-08-2020, 10:32 PM
Seems like Jamie Murphy deal is a 12 month loan followed by a one year contract.

Is that not the same deal on the table for McRorie but we didn't like it so Aberdeen stepped in and took it? Or was it the $350k fee that stopped the deal or just the player choosing Aberdeen over Hibs?

Stokesy's on fire
30-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Seems like Jamie Murphy deal is a 12 month loan followed by a one year contract.

Is that not the same deal on the table for McRorie but we didn't like it so Aberdeen stepped in and took it? Or was it the $350k fee that stopped the deal or just the player choosing Aberdeen over Hibs?

Think we have no fee to pay for Murphy

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Rangers won’t have inserted a sell on clause to Murphys deal either.

Ozyhibby
30-08-2020, 10:52 PM

Made up nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

houstonhibbee
30-08-2020, 10:52 PM
I don't think that would have been the reason we lost out though?

Ozyhibby
30-08-2020, 10:53 PM
Aberdeen valued him higher than we did. They want to win more.

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 10:53 PM

Didn’t say that, answering thread title question

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 10:54 PM

No Aberdeen offered him more wages. I just answered thread title.

houstonhibbee
30-08-2020, 10:58 PM
Didn’t say that, answering thread title question
Taking it very literally yes, but what I was getting it is why did we take the Murphy deal but not the McRorie deal?

I thought it was because Rangers would only do the one year loan bit first and we didn't want to do that? Or was that not the stumbing block and it was either the money or players preference that was the deciding factor.

Chorley Hibee
30-08-2020, 11:04 PM

Correct!

All the other nonsense that was peddled (without any proof whatsoever) looks ridiculous in light of this deal.

Another defeat at home to Aberdeen (the 9th in the last 15) just exacerbates matters.

houstonhibbee
30-08-2020, 11:17 PM
Correct!

All the other nonsense that was peddled (without any proof whatsoever) looks ridiculous in light of this deal.

Another defeat at home to Aberdeen (the 9th in the last 15) just exacerbates matters.

Nisbet before the game on Hibs TV had said he is good friends with McRorie and was pushing to get him in....

CMurdoch
30-08-2020, 11:40 PM
Taking it very literally yes, but what I was getting it is why did we take the Murphy deal but not the McRorie deal?

I thought it was because Rangers would only do the one year loan bit first and we didn't want to do that? Or was that not the stumbing block and it was either the money or players preference that was the deciding factor.

Aberdeen didn't want Murphy :wink:.
Re McCrorie, my guess is we fannied about for so long that Aberdeen managed to nip in on front of us and quickly agreed to Rangers and the players terms.

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 12:35 AM
Not sure what the story is but we should have pushed the boat out to match Aberdeen to get him off Rangers' hands. The guy strolled and bullied our midfield today and would have been a cracking addition and worth every penny of the 350k or there abouts.

Forza Fred
31-08-2020, 01:35 AM
I'm not ITK by any means, but usually a player ends up where he gets most money.

Other 'reasons' are generally window dressing.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 05:36 AM
I'm not ITK by any means, but usually a player ends up where he gets most money.

Other 'reasons' are generally window dressing.

Yep that will be the key reason. He looked good let's not over exaggerate how good based on the midfield he was playing against.

hibIBZ
31-08-2020, 06:08 AM

Aberdeen have more money than we do and can afford to pay more.

We want to win the same

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2020, 06:17 AM
Not sure what the story is but we should have pushed the boat out to match Aberdeen to get him off Rangers' hands. The guy strolled and bullied our midfield today and would have been a cracking addition and worth every penny of the 350k or there abouts.

So your not sure what the story is, but think that we should of pushed the boat out? How do you know we didn’t?

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2020, 06:18 AM
Aberdeen have more money than we do and can afford to pay more.

We want to win the same

Exactly, nonsense to suggest otherwise.

J-C
31-08-2020, 06:19 AM

They are paying the transfer fee Rangers wanted, we didn't offer enough and Aberdeen did it's that simple. He had agreed to his move already so he was obviously happy with the wages we were offering, we didn't meet his value to Rangers.

bod
31-08-2020, 06:55 AM
I thought you had to agree the fee with the club before you could talk to a player

Andy74
31-08-2020, 07:42 AM
Isn't the difference one wanted to sign for us and one wanted to sign for Aberdeen? McCrorie couldn't have been much clearer in all his interviews that he only really wanted to go to Aberdeen.

Iain G
31-08-2020, 07:44 AM

Murphy has a year left in his contract, I assume we negotiate a deal with rangers for this year and have agreed a permanent 1 year contract with Murphy to sign for us at the end of that loan, which gives him comfort of 2 years at Hibs. McCrorie had longer than 1 year left on his deal so Aberdeen arranged a fee with Rangers?

Winston Ingram
31-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Aberdeen will be paying him more than we can. They have a benefactor who's donations enable them to blow us out the water every single time we're up against them for a player.

Stokesy's on fire
31-08-2020, 08:12 AM
Aberdeen will be paying him more than we can. They have a benefactor who's donations enable them to blow us out the water every single time we're up against them for a player.

The same benefactor who has deferred player wages and opted to pay a fee for the player later?

The Aberdeen fans pay into the AberDNA thing and Mccormack uses funds from that

easty
31-08-2020, 08:12 AM
McCrorie chose Aberdeen. Whether they’re paying him more, or there are better bonuses, or if he wanted to work with McInnes, or wanted to play in Europe...whatever the reason, he chose Aberdeen.

It’s got nothing to do with the Murphy deal.

They don’t “want to win” more than us. That’s just wetting your nappy hysterics.

easty
31-08-2020, 08:13 AM
The same benefactor who has deferred player wages and opted to pay a fee for the player later?

The Aberdeen fans pay into the AberDNA thing and Mccormack uses funds from that

It’s thier money. It’s up to them what they do with it.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 08:15 AM
He chose Aberdeen over us, quite simple really.

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Isn't the difference one wanted to sign for us and one wanted to sign for Aberdeen? McCrorie couldn't have been much clearer in all his interviews that he only really wanted to go to Aberdeen.

Reading between the lines on Graham Mathies interview. McCrorie was very interested in signing for us. then suddenly signed for Aberdeen without even a heads up.

My interpretation was that he was more than happy to sign for us until Aberdeen came in with bigger wages.

Steve20
31-08-2020, 08:50 AM
The 'Aberdeen want to win more' is pretty much correct. We are happy to just coast along. Reading 13 points is a good return so far. It's not a 'good' return. Look at the fixtures, we've not played the Old Firm yet. 13 would be absolute minimum for a team that claims to want a top 3 finish. The results are drying up already with the shocking performances.

JammyDoidger
31-08-2020, 09:10 AM
Out of all the rangers rejects free to find a club, Murphy would probably be last on my list of ones I'd want us to sign. I'd much rather have Greg Stewart, McCrorie, docherty or jordan Jones. We are being had by the board imo. Roughly 10 out and only 4 in. We've also brought in transfer fees. So haven't really spent anything. Feeling let down tbh.

easty
31-08-2020, 09:14 AM
Out of all the rangers rejects free to find a club, Murphy would probably be last on my list of ones I'd want us to sign. I'd much rather have Greg Stewart, McCrorie, docherty or jordan Jones. We are being had by the board imo. Roughly 10 out and only 4 in. We've also brought in transfer fees. So haven't really spent anything. Feeling let down tbh.

McCrorie wasn't free to leave rangers. He's costing Aberdeen a decent chunk of money next summer.

I'm almost certain we've spent more than we've brought in, so the bit in bold is bollocks.

JammyDoidger
31-08-2020, 09:21 AM
McCrorie wasn't free to leave rangers. He's costing Aberdeen a decent chunk of money next summer.

I'm almost certain we've spent more than we've brought in, so the bit in bold is bollocks.

What's McCrorie got to do with what we've spent? He's not our player we were beaten by aberdeen again. We've only spent money on nisbet. We've got fees for kamberi, Jackson and Horgan now, we've also seen whittaker, slivka, Bogdan, mcnulty, omeonga, docherty, Naismith leave. To only bring in 3 free agents, and nisbet is an Absoloute disgrace. We've had enough time now to identify targets. And know what needs strenghtened. Gogic and nisbet is a start but we need more. Sort it out hibs!!!

easty
31-08-2020, 09:58 AM
What's McCrorie got to do with what we've spent? He's not our player we were beaten by aberdeen again. We've only spent money on nisbet. We've got fees for kamberi, Jackson and Horgan now, we've also seen whittaker, slivka, Bogdan, mcnulty, omeonga, docherty, Naismith leave. To only bring in 3 free agents, and nisbet is an Absoloute disgrace. We've had enough time now to identify targets. And know what needs strenghtened. Gogic and nisbet is a start but we need more. Sort it out hibs!!!

You brought up McCrorie!!!! As one of “the rangers rejects free to find a club”. I pointed out he wasn’t free.

We got a fee for Kamberi, we’ll have received buttons for Jackson. Horgan hasn’t gone anywhere yet...so how could we have spent that money?

JammyDoidger
31-08-2020, 10:13 AM
You brought up McCrorie!!!! As one of “the rangers rejects free to find a club”. I pointed out he wasn’t free.

We got a fee for Kamberi, we’ll have received buttons for Jackson. Horgan hasn’t gone anywhere yet...so how could we have spent that money?

yes he was a reject free to find a club? Didn't mean he could leave for free. My Point still stands. We've been had so far. We've let docherty and McCrorie slip through our fingers.

Rumble de Thump
31-08-2020, 10:18 AM
yes he was a reject free to find a club? Didn't mean he could leave for free. My Point still stands. We've been had so far. We've let docherty and McCrorie slip through our fingers.

This is complete and utter nonsense. What are your thoughts on the global health and economic crisis?

easty
31-08-2020, 10:20 AM

No we haven’t. They haven’t slipped through our fingers as they were never ours, McCrorie was close but he chose to go elsewhere.

MikeyS
31-08-2020, 10:21 AM

What a load of p*sh. Neither of those players wanted to come to us. Graeme Mathie said so regarding Docherty in his long bangers interview & McCrorie has said similar himself

Keith_M
31-08-2020, 10:24 AM
The 'Aberdeen want to win more' is pretty much correct. We are happy to just coast along...

Not it's not, it's overly emotional nonsense from people who are childishly reacting to a defeat.

Your second comment is just utter bollox, but not unexpected.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2020, 10:31 AM
The 'Aberdeen want to win more' is pretty much correct. We are happy to just coast along. Reading 13 points is a good return so far. It's not a 'good' return. Look at the fixtures, we've not played the Old Firm yet. 13 would be absolute minimum for a team that claims to want a top 3 finish. The results are drying up already with the shocking performances.

Of course it’s a good points return. If you maintain it over the course of a season that’s 65 points over 30 games (Old Firm games excluded).

We’re not going to maintain it if we don’t improve our performances but there is no way it can be argued that it’s not a good points return.

the tornadoe
31-08-2020, 10:41 AM
St Mirren away next will be a vital 3 points given we have the Ugly Sisters next 2 games after that. Its a real test of how this team will do this season after the start we have made .

ahibby
31-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Not it's not, it's overly emotional nonsense from people who are childishly reacting to a defeat.

Your second comment is just utter bollox, but not unexpected.

I don't think that we can argue that Aberdeen have done something to attract players that we want, they have gazumped us twice now. That could be taken to show that they have put themselves in a better position than we are in. I don't buy it all being about money because they have none left to spend on players, MicInnes has said as much. McRorie chose them over us and that is a concern. They are out of the way up north, colder and less attractive city, so they must be showing more of a promise and winning mentality than we are otherwise they wouldn't be chosen over us.

easty
31-08-2020, 11:25 AM
I don't think that we can argue that Aberdeen have done something to attract players that we want, they have gazumped us twice now. That could be taken to show that they have put themselves in a better position than we are in. I don't buy it all being about money because they have none left to spend on players, MicInnes has said as much. McRorie chose them over us and that is a concern. They are out of the way up north, colder and less attractive city, so they must be showing more of a promise and winning mentality than we are otherwise they wouldn't be chosen over us.

Money and European football maybe?

They beat us to Ojo last season, because we offered him as much as we thought he was worth, they offered him more, and he chose them. Turns out he’s been nae good, so it looks like he wasn’t worth the extra money they offered. There’s nothing that suggests we couldnae afford it with Ojo. It’s just as likely we decided that we’d offered him what we felt he was worth. Lucky us.

The same can apply to McCrorie, he might end up being a really good signing for Aberdeen, but they’ve obviously decided that he’s worth more to them than we thought he was to us.

It happens.

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 11:31 AM
So your not sure what the story is, but think that we should of pushed the boat out? How do you know we didn’t?

Because he was in a red jersey as opposed to a green one yesterday which suggests to me we didn’t push the boat out far enough. Hope this helps.

Since90+2
31-08-2020, 11:34 AM
Because he was in a red jersey as opposed to a green one yesterday which suggests to me we didn’t push the boat out far enough. Hope this helps.

Maybe we did but Aberdeen were still offering more?

dalkeith stu
31-08-2020, 11:39 AM

Aberdeen fans put more money into their club through AberDNA than we do with HSL.

Their fans want to win more!!

Unseen work
31-08-2020, 11:42 AM
If you had no affiliation to Hibs who would you pick?

Aberdeen - Constant 2nd or 3rd place finishes and European football for about 7 years and offer more money. Consistent and had the same manager for 7 years.

Hibs - a new manager every 1.5 years or so, very inconsistent and tend to be between 5-7 in the top flight. Don’t offer as much money as Aberdeen.

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 12:09 PM
Maybe we did but Aberdeen were still offering more?

Then by definition the boat wasn’t out far enough.

Edinburgh Green
31-08-2020, 12:20 PM

So we just keep offering more and more money until they accept?

We'll get beaten for targets who turn out good, and we'll miss out on targets who turn out to be poor, it happens.

We've spent more money on transfers in the last 2-3 years than the last 10-15 years before that combined! So the managers are getting backed.

Since90+2
31-08-2020, 12:23 PM

With any financial transaction there is a limit to what can be offered. Without having detailed knowledge of the financial discussions that went on,which I presume you weren't involved in, it's too simplistic to simply say "the boat wasn't out far enough".

For all we know Hibs might have offered to make him the highest paid player at the club and Aberdeen still offered more.

SlickShoes
31-08-2020, 12:27 PM
If you had no affiliation to Hibs who would you pick?

Aberdeen - Constant 2nd or 3rd place finishes and European football for about 7 years and offer more money. Consistent and had the same manager for 7 years.

Hibs - a new manager every 1.5 years or so, very inconsistent and tend to be between 5-7 in the top flight. Don’t offer as much money as Aberdeen.

This is how people should look at it, but they won't. If you are not a Hibs fan you pick Aberdeen every time, unless you have some connection to the manager or something.

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 12:30 PM
With any financial transaction there is a limit to what can be offered.

For all we know Hibs night offered to make him the highest paid player at the club and Aberdeen still offered more.

Definitely. But going by the news reports the snagging point in the deal to us was we didn't want to accept a clause not allowing him to play against Rangers this season. Something it seems Aberdeen have happily taken.

If we've missed out on him because of that, when we could have gotten it tied up quicker before Aberdeen got involved, then I think we've made the wrong choice personally.

easty
31-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Definitely. But going by the news reports the snagging point in the deal to us was we didn't want to accept a clause not allowing him to play against Rangers this season. Something it seems Aberdeen have happily taken.

If we've missed out on him because of that, when we could have gotten it tied up quicker before Aberdeen got involved, then I think we've made the wrong choice personally.

Where’s that news being reported?

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Where’s that news being reported?

Hopefully this link works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-aberdeen-ross-mccrorie-rangers-18785827.amp (https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-aberdeen-ross-mccrorie-rangers-18785827)

JammyDoidger
31-08-2020, 02:12 PM
What a load of p*sh. Neither of those players wanted to come to us. Graeme Mathie said so regarding Docherty in his long bangers interview & McCrorie has said similar himself

That makes it even more sad then. If McCrorie actually wanted to sign for Aberdeen over us. If we could offer the same deal. That is very frustrating. I'm still convinced if we just agreed to loan him for the year then but we would have had him before aberdeen. We were dragging it out for days.

31-08-2020, 03:18 PM
That makes it even more sad then. If McCrorie actually wanted to sign for Aberdeen over us. If we could offer the same deal. That is very frustrating. I'm still convinced if we just agreed to loan him for the year then but we would have had him before aberdeen. We were dragging it out for days.

Told over the weekend from AFC employee Ross McCrorie was going to Hibs. Hibs stalled over fee and Aberdeen nicked in. By the time we matched the fee (which we did), player was in Aberdeen, medical done and agreed terms. We dithered, they didn't.

The 90+2
31-08-2020, 03:28 PM
Told over the weekend from AFC employee Ross McCrorie was going to Hibs. Hibs stalled over fee and Aberdeen nicked in. By the time we matched the fee (which we did), player was in Aberdeen, medical done and agreed terms. We dithered, they didn't.

This is exactly what happened.

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 04:35 PM

If you're a footballer and talking to a club but they're not sure whether they want to pay the asking price for you it surely doesn't fill you with a lot of confidence about the move to begin with. Then all of a sudden another team comes in straight away happy to pay the price and bring you in asap, as a footballer that would make you feel wanted from the start as opposed to the club who is dithering.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 04:48 PM
This is exactly what happened.

Allegedly

LeithMike
31-08-2020, 04:54 PM
Equally as we shouldn't conclude that players are not good enough for Hibs based on one game, we also shouldn't be concluding that McCrorie is exactly what we need based on one game. He might be a nice to have but we still more desperately need someone in midfield with mobility who can attack and defend.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

brog
31-08-2020, 04:56 PM
I continue to be amazed by the number of people on here who know the exact & minute details of private negotiations between Hibs & various players.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 05:07 PM
I continue to be amazed by the number of people on here who know the exact & minute details of private negotiations between Hibs & various players.

Exactly.

CMurdoch
31-08-2020, 05:10 PM
Hopefully this link works.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-aberdeen-ross-mccrorie-rangers-18785827.amp (https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/hibs-aberdeen-ross-mccrorie-rangers-18785827)

Edinburgh Live is a poor source. Copy and pasters.
No more knowledgeable than you and I.

The 90+2
31-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Allegedly

Make up stories about us saying no to not playing him this year and believe that all you want then. Doesn’t bother me buddy. It’s not allegedly either we didn’t match what they looked for Aberdeen did next year as they can’t afford just now. By the time we staged our accepted bid it was too late. He had agreed to come to us too.

The 90+2
31-08-2020, 05:31 PM
Exactly.

Yet you believe we walked away because of the same clause we have with Jamie Murphy and had with Docherty. And McInness has said they couldn’t afford a fee this year 🤣🤣

easty
31-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Edinburgh Live is a poor source. Copy and pasters.
No more knowledgeable than you and I.

It’s a very poor source. Nobody involved has said rangers wanted a loan initially. They’ve attributed it to nobody.

There’s no way Rangers are going to say - that guy we didn’t need, that we were happy to sell, well we were too worried about him playing against us this season, so we struck that deal,

No way they’d say it, cos there’s no way it’s true.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 05:42 PM
Yet you believe we walked away because of the same clause we have with Jamie Murphy and had with Docherty. And McInness has said they couldn’t afford a fee this year 🤣🤣

I believe nothing other than we tried to get him and failed 😂

The 90+2
31-08-2020, 05:42 PM
I believe nothing other than we tried to get him and failed 😂

👌

Callum_62
31-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Of course it’s a good points return. If you maintain it over the course of a season that’s 65 points over 30 games (Old Firm games excluded).

We’re not going to maintain it if we don’t improve our performances but there is no way it can be argued that it’s not a good points return.That's bare minimum

We need to improve on that

Apparently

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

jacomo
31-08-2020, 07:50 PM

Well, hopefully a lesson learned for us then.

JammyDoidger
01-09-2020, 07:19 AM
If you're a footballer and talking to a club but they're not sure whether they want to pay the asking price for you it surely doesn't fill you with a lot of confidence about the move to begin with. Then all of a sudden another team comes in straight away happy to pay the price and bring you in asap, as a footballer that would make you feel wanted from the start as opposed to the club who is dithering.

Exactly this. We done it with Ojo and we've now done it with McCrorie, i bet Jack Ross is righly hacked off. Hopefully some good news this week in regards to incomings. We badly need it.

Peevemor
01-09-2020, 07:22 AM
Exactly this. We done it with Ojo and we've now done it with McCrorie, i bet Jack Ross is righly hacked off. Hopefully some good news this week in regards to incomings. We badly need it.

Do you know exactly what happened?

Do you think Jack Ross was hacked off to get Nisbet, Wright & Gogic in early doors?

JammyDoidger
01-09-2020, 07:30 AM
Do you know exactly what happened?

Do you think Jack Ross was hacked off to get Nisbet, Wright & Gogic in early doors?

Aye? Our manager, our owner, everyone was talking about McCrorie and confident the deal was going to happen, it fell through. Why? Does it really matter why? It shouldn't have fallen through. He was ours to lose imo. Aberdeen got him for 350k not needing to pay anything untill next year. With a loan for a year. That's a great deal imo and I'm unsure as to how we couldn't have managed that before they even piped up. I often wonder why it takes so long for these deals to happen, they drag on for days, surely you can sort it out in a day christ.

Peevemor
01-09-2020, 07:37 AM
Aye? Our manager, our owner, everyone was talking about McCrorie and confident the deal was going to happen, it fell through. Why? Does it really matter why? It shouldn't have fallen through. He was ours to lose imo. Aberdeen got him for 350k not needing to pay anything untill next year. With a loan for a year. That's a great deal imo and I'm unsure as to how we couldn't have managed that before they even piped up. I often wonder why it takes so long for these deals to happen, they drag on for days, surely you can sort it out in a day christ.

But you don't know exactly what happened do you?

Graeme Mathie sounded mightily pissed off about it on the long bangers podcast last week. I got the impression that Hibs thought the deal was going through fine then McCrorie/his agent done the dirty behind our backs.

Hibs have made decent signings and are shelling out money on transfer fees yet you still want to moan.

JammyDoidger
01-09-2020, 07:49 AM
But you don't know exactly what happened do you?

Graeme Mathie sounded mightily pissed off about it on the long bangers podcast last week. I got the impression that Hibs thought the deal was going through fine then McCrorie/his agent done the dirty behind our backs.

Hibs have made decent signings and are shelling out money on transfer fees yet you still want to moan.

That's what hibs want you to think. If we sign another one or 2 that cost money fair enough, but as it stands 5 games into the season, we've only spend money on nisbet. We've brought in fees and saved a ton on wages don't forget.

Peevemor
01-09-2020, 07:52 AM
That's what hibs want you to think.

You need to get out more.

If we sign another one or 2 that cost money fair enough, but as it stands 5 games into the season, we've only spend money on nisbet.

What are you on about? Transfer fees are irrelevant. And 5 games into the season we're sitting second in the league.

We've brought in fees and saved a ton on wages don't forget.

Have we? Income's well down too you know.

Rumble de Thump
01-09-2020, 08:02 AM
Even the Jammy Tarts don't get every player they want. That's football.

Keith_M
01-09-2020, 08:06 AM
That's what hibs want you to think. If we sign another one or 2 that cost money fair enough, but as it stands 5 games into the season, we've only spend money on nisbet. We've brought in fees and saved a ton on wages don't forget.

Aye, right, so it's all one big conspiracy by Hibs to cover their failings.

:rolleyes:

So far, Hibs have had four major targets and three of them are now playing for us (despite some pathetic attempts by Hearts). All three are decent players.

We missed out on a fourth but are still looking for new players. Some people need to accept that happens and calm down a bit.

Peevemor
01-09-2020, 08:07 AM
Aye, right, so it's all one big conspiracy by Hibs to cover their failings.

:rolleyes:

So far, Hibs have had four major targets and three of them are now playing for us (despite some pathetic attempts by Hearts). All three are decent players.

We missed out on a fourth but are still looking for new players. Some people need to accept that happens and calm down a bit.

We missed out on a fourth and brought in someone else (Murphy).

Keith_M
01-09-2020, 08:44 AM
We missed out on a fourth and brought in someone else (Murphy).

Good point, forgot about Murphy.

lucky
01-09-2020, 08:54 AM
Murphy is a replacement for Horgan and it’s likely most of his wage is covered by Rangers this season and then Hibs will be paying him roughly what Horgan was on. I’m sure Hibs are still looking for a midfielder and the salary cap in leagues 1&2 in England will help. McCorrie looks like he will be a loss but as he didn’t sign then for whatever reason we move on and try and not do business with his agent again.

Caversham Green
01-09-2020, 08:55 AM
In the year ended 30 June 2019 Hibs paid £1.097m in transfer fees, Aberdeen spent £354k. In this transfer window Hibs have paid a transfer fee for Nisbet, Aberdeen have spent nothing. Both have brought in a loan player from Sevco.

Which club is showing the most ambition?

stantonhibby
01-09-2020, 09:04 AM

Aye....and we're about 3000 season tickets down, had no matchday income, zero hospitality sales etc with no date as to when this will all start, don't forget🙄

brog
01-09-2020, 09:56 AM
Even the Jammy Tarts don't get every player they want. That's football.

I see what you did there :wink:. I'm with you!

JimBHibees
01-09-2020, 10:03 AM
That's what hibs want you to think.If we sign another one or 2 that cost money fair enough, but as it stands 5 games into the season, we've only spend money on nisbet. We've brought in fees and saved a ton on wages don't forget.

Because that will have been what happened. No way Ron would have been commenting about if the club didn't think it was in the bag however only last summer the same happened with the same club so we need to get back to not commenting until signed.