PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 08:35 PM
Give the guy a break. He’s enough credit in the bank to deserve that.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Is Ross getting a lot of stick?

I'm not reading a huge amount on here. The midfield and recruitment seems to be the focus of the bulk of the ire.

I accept it may be different elsewhere.

#2 Double Tap
30-08-2020, 08:42 PM
he has got two weeks to sort out the midfield and start playing some attacking football or he will go the same way as the last guy, we dont care about conceding we care about scoring goals!

it might be harsh, it might be sad, but it is true.....the rumblings are there already.....we dont want to watch hoof, even when its winning a large majority of fans wont stand for it.

Northernhibee
30-08-2020, 08:42 PM
Give the guy a break. He’s enough credit in the bank to deserve that.

Yep. We were gazumped on a deal to bring in McRorie which is the sort of player we needed by a team who are willing to pay over the odds for people, and we also unfairly lost Gogic today too when Aberdeen were able to play all the players who were told that they couldn't play.

If Boyle chips the keeper in the first minute of the game or Drey Wright finds Doidge with his cutback we have a totally different story. We handed Aberdeen something to hold on to and as ever they put eleven men behind the ball as soon as that happens and make it near impossible to break them down. They may have three carthorses at CB but it also makes it very difficult to make set pieces stick as well.

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 08:46 PM
Is Ross getting a lot of stick?

I'm not reading a huge amount on here. The midfield and recruitment seems to be the focus of the bulk of the ire.

I accept it may be different elsewhere.

The talk of Sunderland fans and dire football is over the top. The manager is going to be here for years and build something. The fact that he identified McRorie and he’s came and dominated the midfield today shows he’s the right plans in place and we need to take a step back and remember this time last year it was 9th and 10th.

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 08:47 PM
he has got two weeks to sort out the midfield and start playing some attacking football or he will go the same way as the last guy, we dont care about conceding we care about scoring goals!

it might be harsh, it might be sad, but it is true.....the rumblings are there already.....we dont want to watch hoof, even when its winning a large majority of fans wont stand for it.

He’s tried to sign Mcrorie, signed one of the best Youngsters in the country and got a flying winger who’s clearly not match sharp.

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 08:48 PM
Yep. We were gazumped on a deal to bring in McRorie which is the sort of player we needed by a team who are willing to pay over the odds for people, and we also unfairly lost Gogic today too when Aberdeen were able to play all the players who were told that they couldn't play.

If Boyle chips the keeper in the first minute of the game or Drey Wright finds Doidge with his cutback we have a totally different story. We handed Aberdeen something to hold on to and as ever they put eleven men behind the ball as soon as that happens and make it near impossible to break them down. They may have three carthorses at CB but it also makes it very difficult to make set pieces stick as well.

I agree with in general your post but I don’t feel we where unlucky.

Northernhibee
30-08-2020, 08:50 PM
I agree with in general your post but I don’t feel we where unlucky.

Neither do I in the respect that we had two clear cut chances and didn't take them, but we were unlucky with Gogic unfairly being counted out whilst Aberdeen get away scot free from breaking the rules re: COVID.

There are mitigating circumstances around it and the reaction on here has been way OTT.

A Celtic season ticket holder that I know considers Jack Ross to be the best manager in the league. I don't know yet if I'd agree but certainly he's highly regarded and I trust him to recruit well enough to have us playing better football soon.

Stevie Reid
30-08-2020, 08:51 PM
His record speaks for itself at the moment, 50% win ratio and 29% loss ratio. Won a good amount of points in his time here and played some lovely stuff at times.

There’s clearly work to be done, especially on the midfield, but the first thing that needed addressed was the loss of so many cheap goals, which he has definitely done.

I’m as convinced as I can be that he is the right man for us. Hugely disappointing derby defeat at ER aside, I don’t think we could have asked much more from him in the first nine months of the job - several of which, he couldn’t even work with the players.

bingo70
30-08-2020, 08:53 PM

I don’t think Ross is under any sort of pressure, quite rightly so as well as he’s done a pretty decent job since he came in. Opening Post is strange in that regard.

All that’s said though I actually agree with your post. We’re absolutely dreadful to watch just now. If we don’t start to become better to watch Ross won’t last long as manager.

My fear is he is trying to copy Derek McInnes Aberdeen blueprint. They have clearly been successful in doing what they do, I don’t fancy watching that every week though, I’m sure I’m not alone with that either.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2020, 08:53 PM
And it starts again.:faf:

Next we will be hearing about the unbalanced squad.

bingo70
30-08-2020, 08:54 PM
He’s tried to sign Mcrorie, signed one of the best Youngsters in the country and got a flying winger who’s clearly not match sharp.

Who is the flying winger that’s not match sharp?

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 09:05 PM

Jamie Murphy. See what he done at Burton last year.

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 09:06 PM
And it starts again.:faf:

Next we will be hearing about the unbalanced squad.

I’m sticking up for him ya bam 😃

neil7908
30-08-2020, 09:08 PM
Manager under zero pressure but that's doesn't mean we can't criticise performances.

Watching us the last 4 games has been like watching paint dry.

I'm confident though he and the recruitment team can sort it out.

Steve20
30-08-2020, 09:10 PM
Yes he’s got enough credit in the bank, but his style of play is awful to watch. If he continues to get 4 wins in 6, then fair enough but we won’t with the lack of play in the final third and the sitting back at home nonsense.

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 09:10 PM
It’s standard Hibs net unfortunately.

bingo70
30-08-2020, 09:14 PM
Jamie Murphy. See what he done at Burton last year.

He might be a very good winger and as you say he did excellently at Burton last season.

He was never a flying winger though, technically very good and plenty tricks but never the quickest.

Just_Jimmy
30-08-2020, 09:21 PM
I don't think many managers prefer sitting in hanging on to winning 4/5-0 with swashbuckling football. I think often managers come in and try to work with the limited resources they have and unfortunately get into a style that either works or the players can almost play to. Then they get branded by the fans as an xyz kind of manager.

Ross would probably love to play sexy football winning by clear margins every week. Right now we don't have it cos we're not good enough. Build a foundation and get results. We'll never ever sack a manager who is winning games even when it's dull to watch.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 09:29 PM
It’s standard Hibs net unfortunately.

I don't want to single you out, and I apologise that I have chose your post to quote as there are a few candidates, but stuff like this really doesn't help.

Anyone has the opportunity to put forward their opinion on here. If people don't like the content of a thread or disagree with something being said then they have the freedom to counteract it and express an alternative viewpoint. When people resort to 'only on hibs.net' or 'typical hibs.net' then it just compounds the problem. If a number of people on one 'side' of a debate choose not to engage then it allows the content of the site to be dragged down. It also to an extent removes the right to complain about it. The idea that moaning about losing is somehow unique to or typical of here is flawed anyway. Across the vast medium that is social media this place is pretty tame, certainly in comparison to the unregulated world of Twitter or the lightly moderated Facebook pages.

I asked someone on another thread what their opinion was after they posted a comment about 'Hysterical.net'and they came back with a very decent post with points that provoked a good discussion. I would argue that thread, and more generally speaking the forum as a whole, is better if we dispense with the 1st type of comment and just present an argument from an opposing viewpoint. There are people over the years that I've come to expect little from, cheap digs and smart erse remarks are their level. There are others who could raise the level of debate markedly if they chose to engage and it would relegate some of the other stuff to a mere footnote.

As I said earlier in the thread I have seen very little to suggest Ross is under any kind of pressure and nor should he be. A few comments about Sunderland fans does not make a witch hunt. I think a discussion about some of the misgivings people have about our performances is merited, I think a discussion about areas we are early lacking is merited and I think after a defeat a certain amount of moaning is merited. That's 'typical football supporters' really.

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 09:33 PM
I don't think anybody is questioning Ross's position or being too harsh towards him. We know where the team needs improving, but Ross deserves every chance to address those issues. We are second in the SPL; there is no cause for panic. It's a process; we don't have the money to spend a fortune on an immediate fix.

JohnM1875
30-08-2020, 10:02 PM

Jamie Murphy is not a flying winger!

He's an intelligent player with good delivery and I'm sure we'll get the best out of him. But a flying winger he is not.

Chorley Hibee
30-08-2020, 10:08 PM

Fed up of the hard luck stories, and it's time the club addressed its shortcomings.

Aberdeen's 9th win in 15 at Easter Road. ****ing embarrassing!

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 10:12 PM
Fed up of the hard luck stories, and it's time the club addressed its shortcomings.

That is bad. I didn't realise it was so poor.

IvanSproule
30-08-2020, 10:17 PM

This one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idoD8ZLGZX0

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 10:19 PM
Jamie Murphy is not a flying winger!

He's an intelligent player with good delivery and I'm sure we'll get the best out of him. But a flying winger he is not.

Correct. I had a chuckle when I seen it.

Andy74
30-08-2020, 10:20 PM

What they’ve done is given the manager several years to build and stuck with it even when it was t going well at times.

We keep expecting managers never to have bad spells and to immediately get squads up and running and fully balanced and functioning.

sesoim
30-08-2020, 10:23 PM

I agree. It isn't Ross's fault that our Aberdeen record has been poor for so long, but the frustrating thing about today is I expected to lose, and it was obvious that once they got their usual penalty, we would.

jeffers
30-08-2020, 11:15 PM
6 games in, I've enjoyed watching one of them. He absolutely shouldn't be under any pressure but I'm wondering if this is just a temporary thing til he gets in all the players he wants or is this going to be what we can expect under him. Obviously hoping it's the former.

What does encourage me is he has identified the areas of the team that need strengthening and is taking steps to address them.

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2020, 06:00 AM
Eye bleeding stuff but pretty sure he said in his prematch interview ( Aberdeen) that there were more players to come in

We should cut him some slack until we see what happens with his own team

The first I want to hear about players is when they have signed as I am fed up scouting players for Aberdeen :confused:

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2020, 06:16 AM
Eye bleeding stuff but pretty sure he said in his prematch interview ( Aberdeen) that there were more players to come in

We should cut him some slack until we see what happens with his own team

The first I want to hear about players is when they have signed as I am fed up scouting players for Aberdeen :confused:

This is his team. He's had nearly a year to evaluate them, train them, replace them. Few more to come maybe, but he should be getting better football out of what he has.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 06:21 AM

i definitely care about conceding it is the reason we lost yesterday.

Heisenberg
31-08-2020, 06:23 AM
This is his team. He's had nearly a year to evaluate them, train them, replace them. Few more to come maybe, but he should be getting better football out of what he has.

He’s had the highest points total outside the OF since he arrived. He’s done just fine. Not always been pretty but it’s been mightily effective.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2020, 06:25 AM
He’s had the highest points total outside the OF since he arrived. He’s done just fine. Not always been pretty but it’s been mightily effective.

Eh, yeah, I guess so. Not mighty effective against Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers, though. If we're happy to lose those games then he should keep doing as is.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2020, 06:28 AM
Eh, yeah, I guess so. Not mighty effective against Aberdeen, Celtic or Rangers, though. If we're happy to lose those games then he should keep doing as is.

Who is happy losing these games?:confused:

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 06:29 AM

We beat Aberdeen 3 0 in one of his games and in the other were ahead before losing a man and imploding. Clear areas need improving hopefully he gets the backing to do so.

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2020, 06:29 AM
:agree:

Appointed 15th November 2019

I said at the time he was the ‘ Scottish Hecky’ and I am still to be convinced otherwise prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt as we cannot keep binning Coaches short term

Lets see what happens?

Heisenberg
31-08-2020, 06:32 AM

While we need to do better against those teams his record overall can’t be questioned currently. Room for improvement in certain areas and I’m sure with the right additions we will. The manager needs to be given the time and space to do that without people losing it every time we don’t win or aren’t playing free flowing attacking football.

J-C
31-08-2020, 06:33 AM
The talk of Sunderland fans and dire football is over the top. The manager is going to be here for years and build something. The fact that he identified McRorie and he’s came and dominated the midfield today shows he’s the right plans in place and we need to take a step back and remember this time last year it was 9th and 10th.

Well he better get his effing finger out then if he wants to be here for years. That's 3 games in a row were we have been absolutely rank, he's still insisting on playing Newell who has been anonymous the 2 games prior, we still don't know what shape or system the team will play 442/451/433/4231/352, he's played them all recently and often changing it during games. Forget todays game and look at the previous 3, scraped a win against a decent Dundee U, were 2nd best all game against Motherwell at home and got a draw and again 2nd best away to St Johnstone and scraped a very lucky last minute penalty. He learnt absolutely nothing from these games as he never once attempted to shake things up personnel wise or tactics wise, so come yesterday he goes with a soft as sh ite midfield against a tough tackling hard working midfield in Aberdeen, we lost the game immediately because of the tactics. At this moment in time the jury is now out for me, that game and the previous 3 were just like watching a Heckinbottom team and we all know how that turned out.

Coco Bryce
31-08-2020, 06:40 AM
Why is Jack Ross exempt from criticism? Is it because he talks a good game? Like many managers before him.

Yes, fair enough we are in a great league position but nobody can deny we are up there because we have been VERY lucky in games this season.

The football on show is utterly dreadful, the team selections and formations are baffling. Ross Jack is responsible for this. End of!

He has two weeks to sort this out or we will fall down this league like a massive rock playing like this.

Heisenberg
31-08-2020, 06:41 AM
Well he better get his effing finger out then if he wants to be here for years. That's 3 games in a row were we have been absolutely rank, he's still insisting on playing Newell who has been anonymous the 2 games prior, we still don't know what shape or system the team will play 442/451/433/4231/352, he's played them all recently and often changing it during games. Forget todays game and look at the previous 3, scraped a win against a decent Dundee U, were 2nd best all game against Motherwell at home and got a draw and again 2nd best away to St Johnstone and scraped a very lucky last minute penalty. He learnt absolutely nothing from these games as he never once attempted to shake things up personnel wise or tactics wise, so come yesterday he goes with a soft as sh ite midfield against a tough tackling hard working midfield in Aberdeen, we lost the game immediately because of the tactics. At this moment in time the jury is now out for me, that game and the previous 3 were just like watching a Heckinbottom team and we all know how that turned out.

So should we have signed ourselves a whole new midfield before yesterday? It’s not his fault Gogic missed out. We badly need additions in midfield, we did actually try to sign someone funnily enough but it didn’t work out. We will add more.

“The jury is out” on a manager that’s got us second in the league, has the best form outside the OF since he arrived and we aren’t done in the transfer window yet. Ideal.

Jack Ross has admitted himself we haven’t been at our best over the last few games (results are all that count tbh) and he’s looking to address that. We really need to learn to start giving managers a bit of time on here.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 06:42 AM
Why is Ross Jack exempt from criticism? Is it because he talks a good game? Like many managers before him.

Yes, fair enough we are in a great league position but nobody can deny we are up there because we have been VERY lucky in games this season.

The football on show is utterly dreadful, the team selections and formations are baffling. Ross Jack is responsible for this. End of!

He has two weeks to sort this out or we will fall down this league like a massive rock playing like this.

Ross Jack is really funny. :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2020, 06:43 AM
So should we have signed ourselves a whole new midfield before yesterday? It’s not his fault Gogic missed out. We badly need additions in midfield, we did actually try to sign someone funnily enough but it didn’t work out. We will add more.

“The jury is out” on a manager that’s got us second in the league, has the best form outside the OF since he arrived and we aren’t done in the transfer window yet. Ideal.

Jack Ross has admitted himself we haven’t been at our best over the last few games (results are all that count tbh) and he’s looking to address that. We really need to learn to start giving managers a bit of time on here.
:agree:

The Count
31-08-2020, 06:46 AM
Yes we have not been great but we have taken 13 points from a possible 18 from the first phrase of games.We now have a couple of weeks to regroup and tackle the next phrase of games.It would be great to play lovely flowing football combined with good results but remember Aberdeen have been 2nd/3rd in our league for years and how often do they play attractive football? Yes i like to play the Hibs way but this season from the armchair i will take top 4 anyway it can be achieved.

Brightside
31-08-2020, 06:46 AM
He will be brilliant once he’s gone.

Coco Bryce
31-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Ross Jack is really funny. :greengrin

What a fud I am :greengrin

we are hibs
31-08-2020, 06:51 AM
It works both ways. Jack Ross will obviously be given plenty time because the results merit it and we have a month of the window left to try and sort the glaring holes in midfield (for about the 6th window in a row). We also have players who are capable and have proven they are capable of playing a bit of football. But the football is awful right now. Thats whats concerning more than individual mistakes like Boyle not clearing the ball and Wright not shooting. It didnt feel at all as if we were going to get a goal 2nd half. We didnt even have 1 single period of sustained pressure on their box 2nd half.

bingo70
31-08-2020, 07:01 AM
It works both ways. Jack Ross will obviously be given plenty time because the results merit it and we have a month of the window left to try and sort the glaring holes in midfield (for about the 6th window in a row). We also have players who are capable and have proven they are capable of playing a bit of football. But the football is awful right now. Thats whats concerning more than individual mistakes like Boyle not clearing the ball and Wright not shooting. It didnt feel at all as if we were going to get a goal 2nd half. We didnt even have 1 single period of sustained pressure on their box 2nd half.

Heckingbottom never got plenty of time despite results meriting it.

We were on great form, results wise, even if we weren’t playing well until we lost to Celtic, lost a couple of similar games to yesterday after the split and then that was it, the knives were out for him because of our style of play and he never recovered from it.

Jack Ross isn’t under any pressure at all just now and neither he should be as we are sitting second in the league and had a more than decent start to the season. Due to the style of play so far this season though I don’t think he’s got the credit in the bank that the results suggest he probably should.

FWIW I really hope we’re not trying to copy the blueprint of Aberdeen’s recent success, you can’t argue with their league positions and consistency in recent years but Jesus Christ they’re a boring side to watch, 4 or 5 years like that would see the punters leaving in their droves. I think that’s reflected in Aberdeen’s poor crowds before Covid, despite their relative success.

southern hibby
31-08-2020, 07:20 AM
Certain things are making me have a split view on Jack.

Against :- As certain posters have said he doesn’t know his best formation.

Style of football is rank.

Certain things he’s too predictable, for example he seems to be making subs around the 55- 60 Minute mark ( give or take ). Nothing really wrong with this as such, except it seems to be happening this season and might become the norm, so other managers straight away know we might try and do this so have a counter plan.

Started the game yesterday with Doidge up front On his own. Doidge went how many games when he joined us as a lone striker and didn’t score. ( this is from my recollection so I might be wrong on this ), so either we have been practicing this lone striker role in training or just having two strikers on the bench through injury proves we need another in.

For :- Has won the most points outside the old firm since he has come
in.

Seems to be able to spot players we need. Unfortunately we never got the one that seemed to give our midfield a hard time yesterday.

Very articulate in interviews etc, which makes me think in training and during a game he will be able to pass over to the players exactly what he wants.

Seems to have the backing of the board as money is being made available which makes me think he’s regarded as a long term investment in producing younger players that We can develop for the team and then we can sell on.

Now this might not seem like much ( but to me it proves It in my mind ), Boyle signed an extension which makes me think the players are more than happy for their careers to be developing here and on the other side ( not that I have any proof just a hunch ) players who Are not in the plans will be told they are free to move on if they can get another club ( maybe what’s happening with Horgan? ).

I hope the Jack Ross is here to come for a very long time as it proves he is doing something right and let’s be honest he ain’t done that bad since he came in.

GGTTH

The Count
31-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Old enough to remember Alex Fergusons early days at Manchester United and the football was dreadfull with many fans wanting him sacked.However with help from Bobby Charlton the board stuck with him.Now i am not saying we have another Ferguson on our hands but we have to give our manager time.

Brightside
31-08-2020, 07:37 AM
Certain things are making me have a split view on Jack.

Against :- As certain posters have said he doesn’t know his best formation.

Style of football is rank.

Certain things he’s too predictable, for example he seems to be making subs around the 55- 60 Minute mark ( give or take ). Nothing really wrong with this as such, except it seems to be happening this season and might become the norm, so other managers straight away know we might try and do this so have a counter plan.

Started the game yesterday with Doidge up front On his own. Doidge went how many games when he joined us as a lone striker and didn’t score. ( this is from my recollection so I might be wrong on this ), so either we have been practicing this lone striker role in training or just having two strikers on the bench through injury proves we need another in.

For :- Has won the most points outside the old firm since he has come
in.

Seems to be able to spot players we need. Unfortunately we never got the one that seemed to give our midfield a hard time yesterday.

Very articulate in interviews etc, which makes me think in training and during a game he will be able to pass over to the players exactly what he wants.

Seems to have the backing of the board as money is being made available which makes me think he’s regarded as a long term investment in producing younger players that We can develop for the team and then we can sell on.

Now this might not seem like much ( but to me it proves It in my mind ), Boyle signed an extension which makes me think the players are more than happy for their careers to be developing here and on the other side ( not that I have any proof just a hunch ) players who Are not in the plans will be told they are free to move on if they can get another club ( maybe what’s happening with Horgan? ).

I hope the Jack Ross is here to come for a very long time as it proves he is doing something right and let’s be honest he ain’t done that bad since he came in.

GGTTH

We started with Doidge and Wright up front.

Winston Ingram
31-08-2020, 07:44 AM
He definitely deserved to be questioned. Everyone does. His tactics yesterday were ridiculous.

It was clear after about half an hour yesterday, that 352 wasn't working and was playing right into Aberdeen's hands.

I'm also getting pig sick of his misuse of Martin Boyle. Every week a different position.

Using him as a wing-back is the most ridiculous waste of arguably our greatest attacking threat. Having him playing 50 yards away from where he is most effective is absolutely nuts.

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2020, 07:45 AM
He definitely deserved to be questioned. Everyone does. His tactics yesterday were ridiculous.

It was clear after about half an hour yesterday, that 352 wasn't working and was playing right into Aberdeen's hands.

I'm also getting pig sick of his misuse of Martin Boyle. Every week a different position.

Using him as a wing-back is the most ridiculous waste of arguably our greatest attacking threat. Having him playing 50 yards away from where he is most effective is absolutely nuts.

Boyle has played most of his best football for Hibs playing as a wing back

lucky
31-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Hibs very rarely win anything but we have the third biggest support in the league, based on attendances, fans like Hibs to play attacking football and try and win games. The way we are being set up is not to lose games. We may finish in the top 6 but the football this season is going to be dreadful. JR is not under pressure but fans won’t buy into this style of football long term

southern hibby
31-08-2020, 07:48 AM
We started with Doidge and Wright up front.

Maybe on the team sheet we did but wright hardly did any running off the ball to drag defenders out of position for Doidge. Hardly got into the box and we probably had more out of Boyle in the first couple of minutes running through on goal when he could have chipped the goal keeper than wright gave us all day.

However you are correct and I except that technically we had two upfront but did we really and if so why did we not start with Boyle up front to partner Doidge then?

GGTTH

J-C
31-08-2020, 07:52 AM

I accept that we have had a good start result wise this season but forgetting the first 2 games, it's been brutal to watch and we've ridden our luck on 2 or 3 occasions. Someone else mentioned Doidge playing as a lone striker doesn't work indeed it didn't work last year either, so why not play Boyle or Gullan beside him and go 352 which suits us personnel wise. You can only play a lone striker with wide players as long as the 3 midfielders are winning balls and keeping possession, that will never happen when 2 of those midfielders are Hallberg and Newell, so you then see Doidge isolate, Allan unable to influence and Wright/Boyle doing more defensively than attack due to having to help out the midfield all too often.

Gogic was a good start to rebuilding the soft midfield and McCrorie would have been a very good signing as we seen yesterday but we need more than just those 2, at this moment I'd be happy to let Newell and Hallberg go and replace them with better energetic players capable of taking the game to teams like Aberdeen.

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2020, 07:53 AM
I accept that we have had a good start result wise this season but forgetting the first 2 games, it's been brutal to watch and we've ridden our luck on 2 or 3 occasions. Someone else mentioned Doidge playing as a lone striker doesn't work indeed it didn't work last year either, so why not play Boyle or Gullan beside him and go 352 which suits us personnel wise. You can only play a lone striker with wide players as long as the 3 midfielders are winning balls and keeping possession, that will never happen when 2 of those midfielders are Hallberg and Newell, so you then see Doidge isolate, Allan unable to influence and Wright/Boyle doing more defensively than attack due to having to help out the midfield all too often.

Gogic was a good start to rebuilding the soft midfield and McCrorie would have been a very good signing as we seen yesterday but we need more than just those 2, at this moment I'd be happy to let Newell and Hallberg go and replace them with better energetic players capable of taking the game to teams like Aberdeen.

We played 352 yesterday

J-C
31-08-2020, 07:57 AM
We played 352 yesterday

Did we really, you could've fooled me, if Wright was the other striker where the hell was he meant to be playing? he looked to be playing wide left most of the game as far as I could see. I thought we started 4231 with Hallberg and Newell sitting deep, Allan in front of them with Wright and Boyle left and right, Doidge through the middle.

Winston Ingram
31-08-2020, 07:58 AM
Boyle has played most of his best football for Hibs playing as a wing back

Sorry that's just not true. In the last 3 months of 17/18, he played wingback but the team was that attacking he was effectively a winger.

I don't really remember him doing it that regularly before or after that.

Winston Ingram
31-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Did we really, you could've fooled me, if Wright was the other striker where the hell was he meant to be playing? he looked to be playing wide left most of the game as far as I could see. I thought we started 4231 with Hallberg and Newell sitting deep, Allan in front of them with Wright and Boyle left and right, Doidge through the middle.

We absolutely played 352 yesterday and Wright played as a Centre Forward until Allan got subbed then he went back to no 10 and then we moved him to left wing back when Doig went off

J-C
31-08-2020, 08:00 AM
Sorry that's just not true. In the last 3 months of 17/18, he played wingback but the team was that attacking he was effectively a winger.

I don't really remember him doing it that regularly before or after that.

Lennon got lucky as that great midfield in MJM, Allan and Dylan dominated most teams, Efe was superb in the back 3 and it allowed Boyle to play like a natural winger.

jeffers
31-08-2020, 08:01 AM

Last paragraph I certainly hope so. Both offer little to nothing. To think there was chat about Newell being out of contract at the end of the season as if losing him would be a bad thing. Allan is (rightly) being questioned for his recent performances but what has Newell offered ? Another player who will be on a good wage that is contributing heehaw as he has for most of his time with us. Hopefully when we get in a player similar to McCrorie Newell is dropped.

J-C
31-08-2020, 08:02 AM
We absolutely played 352 yesterday and Wright played as a Centre Forward until Allan got subbed then he went back to no 10 and then we moved him to left wing back when Doig went off

Every time I seen Wright he was linking up with Doig on the left wing, hence I assumed he was playing there, TBH Boyle made more runs through the middle than Wright did.

Winston Ingram
31-08-2020, 08:04 AM
Lennon got lucky as that great midfield in MJM, Allan and Dylan dominated most teams, Efe was superb in the back 3 and it allowed Boyle to play like a natural winger.

Yep. It allowed Boyle to be 50 yards further up the pitch. Since that midfield left, he's been more of a right back. A total waste. McInnes must've been delighted when he saw he was playing there yesterday.

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Sorry that's just not true. In the last 3 months of 17/18, he played wingback

I believe that was his best period for us

RossScott1991
31-08-2020, 08:19 AM
Still a few short but it’s madness to get on Jack Ross back. (Not saying folk are)

Mccrorie would have been a fantastic signing, so it’s clear Jack Ross has an eye for what we need. I have no doubt in my mind like Omeonga, he won’t rate Hallberg that highly.

Nisbet still to come back. Think a couple of more midfielders and we will be fine. We played better football in games last year, I’ve no doubt once we have more players in we will be a mixed style under Ross which isn’t a bad thing. Will be dependent on opposition.

I’ve seen some pretty good hibs teams be stifled and suffocated by Aberdeen. Better players + better performances will come. And it won’t always be pretty either but that’s ok too. Points wise it’s a good start to the season. We look solid at the back, emergence of Doig. And we haven’t had too many games of Nisbet/Doidge playing together. Sort that midfield out and we will be a decent SPFL side.

matty_f
31-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Why is Jack Ross exempt from criticism? Is it because he talks a good game? Like many managers before him.

I don’t think he’s exempt from criticism though i do think he has enough credit in the bank to not get slaughtered.

Can i ask, do you think Aberdeen were VERY lucky to win yesterday?

Coco Bryce
31-08-2020, 08:32 AM
I don’t think he’s exempt from criticism though i do think he has enough credit in the bank to not get slaughtered.

No

ancient hibee
31-08-2020, 08:49 AM
G

No

I think they were VERY,VERY lucky.Without the stupid penalty they could have played till Christmas and never scored.We missed all the best chances.

Northernhibee
31-08-2020, 08:52 AM

It’s a sign of the pathetic “I want everything my way and I want it now or I’ll scream and scream and scream” attitude that social media has created.

There will be a very small but very vocal group for whom Jack Ross will never be good enough. Soon as we have another loss they’ll be out with the “told you so”.

BS44
31-08-2020, 08:52 AM

😂

stantonhibby
31-08-2020, 09:07 AM
It’s a sign of the pathetic “I want everything my way and I want it now or I’ll scream and scream and scream” attitude that social media has created.

There will be a very small but very vocal group for whom Jack Ross will never be good enough. Soon as we have another loss they’ll be out with the “told you so”.

Same for every manager.

Northernhibee
31-08-2020, 09:10 AM
Same for every manager.

More so recently than before though. Even before the downturn in form there were knives out for Heckingbottom, you could sense it.

stantonhibby
31-08-2020, 09:12 AM
More so recently than before though. Even before the downturn in form there were knives out for Heckingbottom, you could sense it.

Agreed......& for Lennon too.

Brightside
31-08-2020, 09:12 AM

We 100% played 352. Boyle as wing back as he is better at that role than others. i wasnt sure about Wright up front tbh, but he has played there. I'd have rather had Gullan on with Doidge. But we created plenty chances in the first half so its hard to have a go at the set up at that point.

Id expect 352 in the next game also tbh but with Nisbit starting and Wright playing in the 10 role instead of Allan.

Northernhibee
31-08-2020, 09:16 AM
Agreed......& for Lennon too.

Disagree. Considering that at Heckingbottoms unveiling at his first game at Easter Road there were people in the crowd chanting "One Neil Lennon" at him (and at a game or two past that as well), and also he came in after the Scottish Cup high he got time. I was probably one of the first to see through him on here, but that was after a game in January or February that year IIRC.

I never got the hype around him, but some clearly did and I think some people want a big personality and celebrity in charge of the team and perhaps that's why the managers after him haven't been given an easy time.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Who is happy losing these games?:confused:

What I'm saying is, his points tally is good but it could be better with better performances in bigger games. We must keep improving and not just think "it's fine because we've been 3rd since he came in"

B.H.F.C
31-08-2020, 09:25 AM
We 100% played 352. Boyle as wing back as he is better at that role than others. i wasnt sure about Wright up front tbh, but he has played there. I'd have rather had Gullan on with Doidge. But we created plenty chances in the first half so its hard to have a go at the set up at that point.

Id expect 352 in the next game also tbh but with Nisbit starting and Wright playing in the 10 role instead of Allan.

We like shunting players about.

Wright was apparently signed as a winger yet, yesterday, he played as a striker a number 10 and a wing back. We sign Murphy as a replacement for Horgan, first appearance is in a position Horgan has never occupied in a competitive game. Neither of those decisions say very much for Gullan, or Ross’s faith in Gullan.

I don’t think Ross can decide what he wants to do in an attacking sense.

Brightside
31-08-2020, 09:34 AM
We like shunting players about.

Wright was apparently signed as a winger yet, yesterday, he played as a striker a number 10 and a wing back. We sign Murphy as a replacement for Horgan, first appearance is in a position Horgan has never occupied in a competitive game. Neither of those decisions say very much for Gullan, or Ross’s faith in Gullan.

I don’t think Ross can decide what he wants to do in an attacking sense.

Yep pretty much agree with that. But Jack says he wants that from his players.

Wilson
31-08-2020, 09:51 AM
G

I think they were VERY,VERY lucky.Without the stupid penalty they could have played till Christmas and never scored.We missed all the best chances.

I seem to recall Rocky being forced into action a couple of times. Their chances were at least as good as ours. They forced the mistake for the penalty. You could argue they made their own luck.

Stevie Reid
31-08-2020, 09:52 AM

He was appointed on 15 November last year - that's nine and a half months. For three of those months, he couldn't even be with the players.

Heisenberg
31-08-2020, 10:05 AM

This is part of my issue. People say we are lucky, not playing well, Ross needs to change it when we’re winning away from home 1-0 and grinding out wins. When Aberdeen do it to us it’s that they deserved it and we’re *****. It boggles my mind. I reckon it was a pretty even contest settled by a penalty.

hibsbollah
31-08-2020, 10:19 AM

Is he really getting slaughtered though? I don’t really see or hear it. Incidentally, it was me who said ‘I’m starting to relate to what Sunderland fans were saying’ on the game thread, ie-our slow ponderous midfield devoid of ideas. Which has been referenced in this ‘get behind the manager’ thread. I’m still broadly behind Ross and the start he’s made, and I’m normally a bit of a happy clapper when it comes to managers, but you can’t ignore the evidence of your own eyes which is that something clearly isn’t working tactically as well as with personnel.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2020, 10:50 AM
Is he really getting slaughtered though? I don’t really see or hear it. Incidentally, it was me who said ‘I’m starting to relate to what Sunderland fans were saying’ on the game thread, ie-our slow ponderous midfield devoid of ideas. Which has been referenced in this ‘get behind the manager’ thread. I’m still broadly behind Ross and the start he’s made, and I’m normally a bit of a happy clapper when it comes to managers, but you can’t ignore the evidence of your own eyes which is that something clearly isn’t working tactically as well as with personnel.

I don’t think he’s been getting slaughtered. It’s worth remembering that any criticism isn’t the result of losing a game, it’s been there when we’ve won games as well.

Anybody with any sense wouldn’t be getting carried away with the start we made based on the performances. Most will be happy with points accumulated but realise we can’t maintain results playing as we have in the last few weeks. In fact, Ross seems to think similar given his comments after the last couple of games.

St Mirren away is a big game with the Old Firm back to back following that.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2020, 11:08 AM
He was appointed on 15 November last year - that's nine and a half months. For three of those months, he couldn't even be with the players.

Personally, I think the actual football we play has gotten worse from when he started. Now, we are definitely harder to beat but as yesterday showed, if you aren't taking the game to the opposition, you are only one mistake away from losing. Aberdeen got a lucky penalty and our previous 2 opponents got goals disallowed. Slim margins either way and we could've lost the last 3. The type of wins we have been getting aren't really reliable. We need to be playing better to get consistent results.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 11:11 AM
Still a few short but it’s madness to get on Jack Ross back. (Not saying folk are)

Mccrorie would have been a fantastic signing, so it’s clear Jack Ross has an eye for what we need. I have no doubt in my mind like Omeonga, he won’t rate Hallberg that highly.

Nisbet still to come back. Think a couple of more midfielders and we will be fine. We played better football in games last year, I’ve no doubt once we have more players in we will be a mixed style under Ross which isn’t a bad thing. Will be dependent on opposition.

I’ve seen some pretty good hibs teams be stifled and suffocated by Aberdeen. Better players + better performances will come. And it won’t always be pretty either but that’s ok too. Points wise it’s a good start to the season. We look solid at the back, emergence of Doig. And we haven’t had too many games of Nisbet/Doidge playing together. Sort that midfield out and we will be a decent SPFL side.

Agree with this a pretty fair summary at present.

allmodcons
31-08-2020, 11:27 AM

You must have been watching a different game from me. The first 30 minutes was when we were at our best in what was a good open game. A bad mistake by Boyle proved pivotal allowing Aberdeen to get in front and protect what they had, something they are very good at.

To suggest we played in to their hands prior to the penalty just bewilders me.

Sammy7nil
31-08-2020, 12:25 PM

TBF Hibs fans are really quite patient we have been sold and told it will be jam tomorrow for decades. Just wait until the stadium is complete, just wait until training facility complete etc etc. Tomorrow never comes clubs a similar size to us seem to be able to outspend us at every turn. Yes they have benefactors and money from fans, what concerns me is why Hibs can’t attract that same backing.

hibbydad
31-08-2020, 12:30 PM
TBF Hibs fans are really quite patient we have been sold and told it will be jam tomorrow for decades. Just wait until the stadium is complete, just wait until training facility complete etc etc. Tomorrow never comes clubs a similar size to us seem to be able to outspend us at every turn. Yes they have benefactors and money from fans, what concerns me is why Hibs can’t attract that same backing.
We had some of that in our own hands but failed to step up to the plate in large enough numbers

The Modfather
31-08-2020, 12:53 PM
We had some of that in our own hands but failed to step up to the plate in large enough numbers

I don’t think any criticism can be levelled at the fans for our financial commitment over the last 5 or 6 years. Hibs have to get better at spending what we do have and recruiting a functioning balanced midfield. Then we can look at the fans possibly digging deeper than we already are.

matty_f
31-08-2020, 01:37 PM
This is part of my issue. People say we are lucky, not playing well, Ross needs to change it when we’re winning away from home 1-0 and grinding out wins. When Aberdeen do it to us it’s that they deserved it and we’re *****. It boggles my mind. I reckon it was a pretty even contest settled by a penalty.

That was why i asked -Aberdeen weren’t scintillating yesterday, nor were they when they beat St Johnstone 0-1. If we’d have taken a point or won by a goal yesterday they wouldn’t have had any complaints.

They got a goal out of nowhere, yet aren’t considered lucky. However when we’ve won with a similar performance we’re considered lucky. I don’t get it.

B.H.F.C
31-08-2020, 01:55 PM
That was why i asked -Aberdeen weren’t scintillating yesterday, nor were they when they beat St Johnstone 0-1. If we’d have taken a point or won by a goal yesterday they wouldn’t have had any complaints.

They got a goal out of nowhere, yet aren’t considered lucky. However when we’ve won with a similar performance we’re considered lucky. I don’t get it.

We’ve been lucky in the sense that we’ve benefitted from incorrect decisions from officials in our last two away games; an offside which wasn’t given when it should have been and an offside which was given when it shouldn’t have been.

For me, we were marginally the better side against both Killie and Dundee Utd, even though though there was a bit of criticism for our performances. We were obviously better than Livi. Motherwell and St Johnstone were just poor games all round. Yesterday was fairly typical of a game against Aberdeen at home.

matty_f
31-08-2020, 01:59 PM
We’ve been lucky in the sense that we’ve benefitted from incorrect decisions from officials in our last two away games; an offside which wasn’t given when it should have been and an offside which was given when it shouldn’t have been.

For me, we were marginally the better side against both Killie and Dundee Utd, even though though there was a bit of criticism for our performances. We were obviously better than Livi. Motherwell and St Johnstone were just poor games all round. Yesterday was fairly typical of a game against Aberdeen at home.
We should have had a penalty yesterday, there was at least a good shout for one.

The offside that wasn’t given? Doig? The TV pictures were inconclusive, so i don’t think that was lucky.

Aberdeen were lucky that we couldn’t train and that we were without Gogic and Nisbet. You can make an argument for both teams being lucky/unlucky, but it should be consistent.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 02:02 PM
We should have had a penalty yesterday, there was at least a good shout for one.

The offside that wasn’t given? Doig? The TV pictures were inconclusive, so i don’t think that was lucky.

Aberdeen were lucky that we couldn’t train and that we were without Gogic and Nisbet. You can make an argument for both teams being lucky/unlucky, but it should be consistent.

Personally thought the Doidge one was a pen. Pulling him down by his shirt. Linesman had perfect view.

Sammy7nil
31-08-2020, 02:56 PM

Aberdeen have been doing that for years now it is almost in their DNA that is why it is not considered lucky. Hibs don’t play like that and we have been lucky in recent weeks to gather the points we have no doubt about that. If we continue to grind out results year on year we won’t be considered lucky either.

Personally thought the Doidge one was a pen. Pulling him down by his shirt. Linesman had perfect view.

I agree

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Grinding out games away is terrific. Trying to do it at home and losing is horrendous.

Heisenberg
31-08-2020, 04:41 PM
Grinding out games away is terrific. Trying to do it at home and losing is horrendous.

Did we try and do that yesterday? I don’t think so.

MWHIBBIES
31-08-2020, 04:45 PM
Did we try and do that yesterday? I don’t think so.
We certainly didn't show anything, other than a wonderful ball by Mcginn, in the second half to show we were desperate to get back into it and take the game to them. I actually do think we were trying to grind and battle out a win rather than blowing them away.

Andy74
31-08-2020, 05:24 PM
We certainly didn't show anything, other than a wonderful ball by Mcginn, in the second half to show we were desperate to get back into it and take the game to them. I actually do think we were trying to grind and battle out a win rather than blowing them away.

That has a lot to do with how Aberdeen set up. You can't blow them away with pace or with balls in behind - not often anyway. Did you see the player movement map Sky had after the game? Aberdeen players barely move from being deep and compact.

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2020, 05:46 PM
That has a lot to do with how Aberdeen set up. You can't blow them away with pace or with balls in behind - not often anyway. Did you see the player movement map Sky had after the game? Aberdeen players barely move from being deep and compact.

They were neat and compact, we had no nous to break that down, and huffed and puffed, often going backwards when nobody was moving in spaces

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2020, 05:47 PM

They were neat and compact, we had no nous to break that down, and huffed and puffed, often going backwards when nobody was moving in spaces.

That could be a factor in many games, so we better try to adapt our system to break teams down

easty
31-08-2020, 05:50 PM
They were neat and compact, we had no nous to break that down, and huffed and puffed, often going backwards when nobody was moving in spaces.

That could be a factor in many games, so we better try to adapt our system to break teams down

If we hadn’t lost a silly penalty, then they’d have been more likely to open up as they looked for a goal themselves. We shot ourselves in the foot with the pen, and it was always going to be tough after the goal.

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2020, 05:58 PM
If we hadn’t lost a silly penalty, then they’d have been more likely to open up as they looked for a goal themselves. We shot ourselves in the foot with the pen, and it was always going to be tough after the goal.

Indeed, but second half chances were at a premium as we couldn't get through them. We need to better when teams are defending so deep

Jim44
31-08-2020, 06:04 PM

Boyle learned the biggest lesson yesterday......... don’t fart about in your own penalty area. Other than that, I agree with you, Easty. We started well, lost the plot a bit and allowed them to control the game. If we hadn’t given them a gift, the outcome was probably 50-50. With Gogic and Nisbet to come back soon, I don’t see the problems, a lot of folk on here are predicting. A feisty addition to midfield wouldn’t go amiss tho’.

matty_f
31-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Aberdeen have been doing that for years now it is almost in their DNA that is why it is not considered lucky. Hibs don’t play like that and we have been lucky in recent weeks to gather the points we have no doubt about that. If we continue to grind out results year on year we won’t be considered lucky either.

I agree

So were Aberdeen only lucky the first couple of times that it happened?

matty_f
31-08-2020, 06:12 PM

:agree: the system needs to change and/or we need players to take responsibility for changing things or trying something different.

Sammy7nil
31-08-2020, 06:26 PM
So were Aberdeen only lucky the first couple of times that it happened?

Yeah

Lago
31-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Should have been 2 up before Aberdeen came into the game.

blackpoolhibs
31-08-2020, 07:27 PM
They were neat and compact, we had no nous to break that down, and huffed and puffed, often going backwards when nobody was moving in spaces

Our central midfield 3 dont move into space much at all, Scott Allan usually does i suppose, but he's so out of form he's unrecognisable from the player we know he can be.

Halberg is just very ordinary, neat and tidy if you want to keep the ball by passing sideways or back.

Newell is the same, slow and ponderous, easily marked and easily stopped from going forward.

Boyle is our main man our biggest threat, but he too is out of form. We need Gogic back,and better quality and legs in beside him.

This combination does not work against the better organised teams in this league, Ross knows this and has tried to sort it, but obviously Aberdeen won the race for McRorie.

Lets hope our next choice can do what we clearly need.:pray:

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2020, 07:59 PM

People on here say that Aberdeen are better organised, more competitive than us yet if Jack Ross grinds out results their way they moan that it’s dreadful to watch.

matty_f
31-08-2020, 08:02 PM
Yeah

:aok:

Wilson
31-08-2020, 08:06 PM
People on here say that Aberdeen are better organised, more competitive than us yet if Jack Ross grinds out results their way they moan that it’s dreadful to watch.

They are also dreadful to watch.

Stokesy's on fire
31-08-2020, 08:20 PM

Correct..This happens to a wee Don then you can stick yer mortgage on them getting the pen

Alfred E Newman
31-08-2020, 08:23 PM
They are also dreadful to watch.

That’s my point. They are dreadful to watch but churn out results against their main rivals , get turned over regularly by the old firm and finish annually in the top 3 or 4. Hibs fans demand we play the “Hibs way” and though we probably have a better record against the old firm than Aberdeen , we struggle to finish in the top 6.

Stuart93
31-08-2020, 09:10 PM
That’s my point. They are dreadful to watch but churn out results against their main rivals , get turned over regularly by the old firm and finish annually in the top 3 or 4. Hibs fans demand we play the “Hibs way” and though we probably have a better record against the old firm than Aberdeen , we struggle to finish in the top 6.

It’s been a while since I’ve watched us and thought “this is the hibs way”

If we played fast attacking football we probably would’ve won yesterday imo.

Sammy7nil
31-08-2020, 09:52 PM
:aok:

:greengrin:wink::aok:

hibbie02
31-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Why were we we shooting downhill in the first half???? Ruined the second half!!!

Sammy7nil
01-09-2020, 06:45 AM
Why we we shooting downhill in the first half???? Ruined the second half!!!

Because Aberdeen won the toss and changed things ?

500miles
01-09-2020, 07:23 AM
I hope we don't turn into Aberdeen. It's been turgid viewing, which I can deal with for a while, but not 7 years. I'd prefer us to risk an entertaining style and maybe finish 4th -6th than grind to 3rd every year. Football is entertainment. Also, its rare for really entertaining teams to not actually be effective too.

Stevie Reid
01-09-2020, 02:16 PM
Personally, I think the actual football we play has gotten worse from when he started. Now, we are definitely harder to beat but as yesterday showed, if you aren't taking the game to the opposition, you are only one mistake away from losing. Aberdeen got a lucky penalty and our previous 2 opponents got goals disallowed. Slim margins either way and we could've lost the last 3. The type of wins we have been getting aren't really reliable. We need to be playing better to get consistent results.

I've definitely not been very happy with the way that we've played in the vast majority of our last three matches, though I'm not as convinced as others that JR is a naturally cautious manager or doesn't want to play open, attacking football.

Regardless, the only point I contested in your post that I quoted, was you saying that he'd had nearly a year of working with the players. He's had far less time than that.

hibeerealist
01-09-2020, 02:20 PM
Boyle learned the biggest lesson yesterday......... don’t fart about in your own penalty area. Other than that, I agree with you, Easty. We started well, lost the plot a bit and allowed them to control the game. If we hadn’t given them a gift, the outcome was probably 50-50. With Gogic and Nisbet to come back soon, I don’t see the problems, a lot of folk on here are predicting. A feisty addition to midfield wouldn’t go amiss tho’.

Shirley Boyle got told that at kids football yet just ignored it

Greenio
01-09-2020, 02:55 PM
I hope we don't turn into Aberdeen. It's been turgid viewing, which I can deal with for a while, but not 7 years. I'd prefer us to risk an entertaining style and maybe finish 4th -6th than grind to 3rd every year. Football is entertainment. Also, its rare for really entertaining teams to not actually be effective too.

Maybe finish 4-6th? Try 8th!

BoomtownHibees
01-09-2020, 05:17 PM
Maybe finish 4-6th? Try 8th!

Why 8th?

Viva_Palmeiras
01-09-2020, 05:28 PM
If we’d brought in MacInnes would he have lasted as long as he’s done at the other Famous? He would have been on shakey ground checking the Ibrox sweetie-bag for sure...

The 90+2
01-09-2020, 05:33 PM
If we’d brought in MacInnes would he have lasted as long as he’s done at the other Famous? He would have been on shakey ground checking the Ibrox sweetie-bag for sure...

Gjp done the same if I remember right then came out with unfinished business crap when he had already told members of the first team he was going.

If Mcinnnes turned them down eventually to stay with us he would be a hero, the same he should be up there.

greenlex
01-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Motherwell abandoned effective football for attractive football and finished third. They are currently propping up the league. It will be interesting to see what kind of football they play in the next few months.