PDA

View Full Version : Has the break came at a good time for us now?

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 08:26 PM
As the title says.

Thoughts?

H18 SFR
30-08-2020, 08:30 PM
Yes. Regroup from here.

Dalkeith Boy
30-08-2020, 10:05 PM
Yes!

Vault Boy
30-08-2020, 10:11 PM
Had we performed better today and come away with a win, I'd have said nah.

Now - definitely. 4 points from 9 available, with two of those games at home, isn't quite as impressive as the start we made. Particularly when you compound it with the fact that we haven't scored from open play for three matches now.

(In fairness, we still haven't conceded from open play all season, which is mighty impressive from a defensive standpoint).

Plenty to work on in terms of our style of play and attacking intent, plus we need to get Gogic and Nisbet back available. The break comes at an ideal time for us.

Hibstrooper
30-08-2020, 10:19 PM
Yes I think so. We haven’t been playing well recently and need to regroup. I think a couple of weeks to regroup and build confidence would be good but key is finding some more energy to add to the centre of the park.

Thankfully I believe JR knows totally recognises all this and knows where the issues lie. I really hope we get some energy added to the middle of the park over the next couple of weeks but think our next move in the market will depend on the English market picking up pace as that’s where we now need to look as Scottish market is pretty dry now.

Since452
31-08-2020, 05:38 AM
Yes. Jamie Murphy hadn't even trained with the players before coming on yesterday for instance. Nisbet and Gogic will be back, maybe another signing. The players will benefit from the mini break as it's been full on.