PDA

View Full Version : Friday 2nd October

steelendhibs
30-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Doing a bit of planning ahead to get my football tokens with the good lady in early and I noticed all the Scottish Premiership games are on Friday 2nd October. Does anybody know why?

HibeeMackenzie
30-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Internationals the next midweek

Sir David Gray
30-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Doing a bit of planning ahead to get my football tokens with the good lady in early and I noticed all the Scottish Premiership games are on Friday 2nd October. Does anybody know why?

I think it's because the League Cup group stage starts the following Tuesday.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2020, 07:35 PM
I think it's because the League Cup group stage starts the following Tuesday.

It’s not, it’s to give extra time pre the play off game

Teams regularly play Saturday/Tuesday

CMurdoch
30-08-2020, 07:38 PM

We have a winner

Sir David Gray
30-08-2020, 07:40 PM

Fair enough, not having any Sunday games would have explained it though.

Billy Whizz
30-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Fair enough, not having any Sunday games would have explained it though.

It will count for sod all though, if all the English based players play on the Sunday

Sir David Gray
30-08-2020, 08:01 PM
It will count for sod all though, if all the English based players play on the Sunday

I was just about to say that as I've been looking into this since your last post.

What's the point when we have a number of the squad playing in England who won't just be playing on the Friday?

Billy Whizz
30-08-2020, 08:02 PM
I was just about to say that as I've been looking into this since your last post.

What's the point when we have a number of the squad playing in England who won't just be playing on the Friday?

Think it’s just Scottish football’s way of supporting the National team

Sir David Gray
30-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Think it’s just Scottish football’s way of supporting the National team

Yes no doubt it will be but 13 out of the 23 players selected to play in this match play their club football in England, just not sure it will have the desired effect.

JohnMcM
30-08-2020, 08:13 PM

Is Saturday the 3rd October a really bad day to play football for some reason? :greengrin