PDA

View Full Version : Powder Puff

dastardly8
30-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Why did today look like we were a rag doll against Aberdeen , they outfought and out muscled us apart from Porto and Hanlon , Ferguson and McCrorie were like bulldogs and our midfield were like poodles , we need to toughen up mentally and physically, Gogic obviously will help that but we need more fight if we are to maintain a foothold in the higher part of the league

Basildon Hibs
30-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Been saying this for 3 or 4 seasons. No steel in the middle of the park and easily bullied by big, physical teams.

Needs addressed pronto !!

:brickwall

3pm
30-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Been saying this for 3 or 4 seasons. No steel in the middle of the park and easily bullied by big, physical teams.

3 or 4 aye?

sean04
30-08-2020, 07:16 PM
I think we’re looking at that type of player to play with gogic. When Allan isn’t productive he’s a man down. Hallberg isn’t physical enough for Scotland. I’m sure jack Ross is aware of what we need

Ryan91
30-08-2020, 09:09 PM

We did address it, we signed Gogic, and unfortunately due to an inaccurate/inconclusive result on a Coronavirus test (which was then followed up by TWO negative tests) he was unable to take part today.

We missed Gogic today, and I personally feel that he might have provided that bit of steel to help break down Aberdeen in the Second Half

No Nisbet likely hampers us as well, I like Doidge, but he's not going to make wonders happen against 2 Aberdeen Centre Halves that are allowed to grab and foul as much as they please, 2 strikers is a must against a team like Aberdeen, and whilst I love Boyle, he's not a striker, he's a winger

Aberdeen are a decent side, they have a formula and they're very good at sticking to their formula of getting a lucky/undeserved goal and then shutting up shop for the rest of the day, we've often struggled against teams like that, going back to our days in the Championship, beating Aberdeen requires a dose of luck, we've had a bit of luck in recent weeks, against the likes of Dundee Utd and St Johnstone. Today we didn't have that luck.

Today was frustrating, nobody is going to suggest otherwise, but the reaction from some fans seems a bit ridiculous, we were poor, but they didn't offer a huge amount either. They got a penalty (a correct decision, but also a bit spawny and against the run of play), scored and then parked the bus, 10 men behind the ball and just seeking to frustrate Hibs and make us play to their strengths by putting balls in the air for their tall men to easily deal with.

The positives that I am going to take from this are that we are still to concede from open play, our defence was solid yet again and we go into the international break with 13 points from a possible 18. 4 weeks ago, if you suggested that we'd have that points total by the end of August, I think most would have described themselves as being content with such a return.

The positive signs are there, and we must continue to build on them