PDA

View Full Version : Scott allan

berwickhibee
30-08-2020, 05:36 PM
A shadow of his former self, I have been a huge fan of his in his time at hibs.

What's the problem??

Looks slow and weak and uninterested.

It's very worrying watching a big Big player struggling.

Centre Hawf
30-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Wasn't outstanding at all today but I still maintain we player better football with him on the park, when he went off we barely used the ball at all.

Scott needs to improve but the worrying thing for me is the lack of ability in the midfield elsewhere.

Jones28
30-08-2020, 05:37 PM
He was dominated by the 2 Aberdeen central players. Simple. Some games he will be, others he will have more space and get on the balm more. He had a poor game and was subbed, nothing more.

hibee-boys
30-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Looks like he's not match fit to me, doesn't look sharp at all.

berwickhibee
30-08-2020, 05:40 PM
He was dominated by the 2 Aberdeen central players. Simple. Some games he will be, others he will have more space and get on the balm more. He had a poor game and was subbed, nothing more.

He has had too many poor games lately, its becoming more often, he was always poor the odd game but he's now poor more than he's good.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 05:41 PM
Have we changed our dieticians and fitness coaches recently? I remember George Craig and Alan Stubbs saying we spent a lot of time managing Allan and getting his physique right, less bulk and more lean muscle, whilst being aware of his condition.

He looks sluggish and he seems to absolutely gas after an hour. He's got all the natural ability in the world but right now I'd struggle to make a case for him starting our next game.

ahibby
30-08-2020, 05:41 PM
A shadow of his former self, I have been a huge fan of his in his time at hibs.

What's the problem??

Looks slow and weak and uninterested.

It's very worrying watching a big Big player struggling.

Needs to be playing in a dominant side, not the current Hibs team. One of the first to blame his team mates when things go wrong. Flatters.

A Hi-Bee
30-08-2020, 05:42 PM
Looks like he's not match fit to me, doesn't look sharp at all.

Agree, but would never say he looked uninterested, more frustrated as time went on.

30-08-2020, 05:43 PM
He’s been guff since he returned. He seems to be idolised and I can’t quite understand why. A reverse ball when we got destroyed at ibrox seems to be the sum of his contribution in his current spell and it’s tedious watching him play.

HH81
I think he has been poor most times I have seen him this season.

Looks like he is way off the pace.

tonyrougier123
Ineffective midfield the problem,but Scotty is apart of that unfortunately

Jones28
30-08-2020, 05:44 PM
He has had too many poor games lately, its becoming more often, he was always poor the odd game but he's now poor more than he's good.

And yet today we were better when he was on today, we played better when he came on against United too. He’s maybe struggling at the moment but there were 3 or 4 others today who I felt were at best on a par with Allan’s performance today.

Callum_62
30-08-2020, 05:46 PM
He's no where near a stater for me at the moment

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

the tornadoe
Drop him and play Mallan instead... get whatever is wrong with him/the players around him/tactics/shape then get him back in. Too good a player to be wasted in our current team.

jeffers
Agree, but would never say he looked uninterested, more frustrated as time went on.

Agree with that. Something is definitely not right with him. I keep saying it though, no one makes the type of runs that he picks out. Can’t argue with anyone suggesting he gets dropped though, but let’s not pretend Mallan is the answer.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2020, 05:47 PM
He’s been guff since he returned. He seems to be idolised and I can’t quite understand why. A reverse ball when we got destroyed at ibrox seems to be the sum of his contribution in his current spell and it’s tedious watching him play.

No, he hasn't. He had a very solid season last year. This has been proven many times. Double figures for goals and assists, basically all of those being vital to gaining points.

the tornadoe
30-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Agree with that. Something is definitely not right with him. I keep saying it though, no one makes the type of runs that he picks out. Can’t argue with anyone suggesting he gets dropped though, but let’s not pretend Mallan is the answer.

Mallan would really struggle to be any worse at the moment !

berwickhibee
30-08-2020, 05:50 PM
And yet today we were better when he was on today, we played better when he came on against United too. He’s maybe struggling at the moment but there were 3 or 4 others today who I felt were at best on a par with Allan’s performance today.

That's the point, Scott has more talent than any of our other players, he's gifted but is not making a difference just now.

keep the faith
30-08-2020, 05:51 PM
This team absolutely need scott allan as it creates nothing without him.
Need to keep playing him and getting his match fitness up.
Not playing him makes no sense. The second half today proved that.

jeffers
30-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Yes true but let’s not forget all the games that have passed him by. He offered heehaw when he came on today.

EVENTUALLY
30-08-2020, 05:54 PM
This position he is playing just behind Doidge is not his best. He is a marked man before a ball is kicked because of his reputation and playing up at the front of the pitch means there are tackling defenders arriving to challenge him if he shakes off his marker. I would play him were Newell is playing.
Here he would would gain a wee bit more time and space to play forward passes which most of the midfield are not instinctively inclined to do.
He has been poor since the 2nd game of the season though.

Northernhibee
30-08-2020, 05:56 PM

Just now it creates nothing with him, our biggest win of the season was without him on the pitch and the best opportunity today was a beautiful pass from Paul McGinn.

Scott Allan needs to up his game or be replaced.

Kojock
30-08-2020, 05:56 PM
Spends more time looking for free kicks and falling on his @rse

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 05:57 PM
When it comes to winning the ball back or retaining possession, he isn’t interested.

MWHIBBIES
30-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Just now it creates nothing with him, our biggest win of the season was without him on the pitch and the best opportunity today was a beautiful pass from Paul McGinn.

We created 3/4 great chances today.

keep the faith
Spends more time looking for free kicks and falling on his @rse

Great backing of our own player there!

jeffers
This position he is playing just behind Doidge is not his best. He is a marked man before a ball is kicked because of his reputation and playing up at the front of the pitch means there are tackling defenders arriving to challenge him if he shakes off his marker. I would play him were Newell is playing.
Here he would would gain a wee bit more time and space to play forward passes which most of the midfield are not instinctively inclined to do.
He has been poor since the 2nd game of the season though.

I would give him a free role. Asking him to track back and tackle is a waste of his talents. But you need the players around him to allow him to do that. He needs to find whatever is missing from his performances first though.

Callum_62
30-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Marv saying Scott needs to look at himself over the break as he needs to give more to the team

the tornadoe
30-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Need to keep playing him and getting his match fitness up.
Not playing him makes no sense. The second half today proved that.

His fitness should be good enough by now or at least good enough for an hour, the second half was played against a team not looking for a goal, they had the one and that's usually as much as they go for

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 06:02 PM
I asked the same thing in the match thread. Firstly, he does look a bit heavier than I remember. Then there's the fact he has lesser players around him now. Allan is a class ballplayer, but he needs at least one midfielder beside him who will do the hard work of getting him the ball and providing him with time to play. At the moment he doesn't have that and he's struggling. He needs help in there so we can play to his strengths.

ancient hibee
30-08-2020, 06:02 PM
Put the ball on the plate for Boyle at the start who messed up.Had a lung burster to the bye line -no takers. Not up to old standard but is better than Mallan.

flash
30-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Not quite up to his usual high standards but we rarely, if ever, improve when he goes off.

Kojock
30-08-2020, 06:12 PM
Great backing of our own player there!

Great backing from the manager as well who subbed him 9 minutes into the second half.

bigwheel
30-08-2020, 06:15 PM
Great backing from the manager as well who subbed him 9 minutes into the second half.

Allan can’t have any complaints today....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fritz
30-08-2020, 06:18 PM

Enjoy the Championship mate.

30-08-2020, 06:22 PM

What? Are you saying I’m a hearts fan because I’m not a huge fan of Allan?

Kaff
30-08-2020, 06:24 PM
It's probably worse looking because both our 'star' players are out of sorts slightly.
If Boyler was playing to his capabilities then Allan would get lifted along on that too and vice versa.
Aberdeen are probably the worst team to have them struggle against as they deny space and it does take some magic to break them down, I thought Scott had flashes of good play but he struggles badly winning the ball back against such physical players, probably why he never cut it in English Championship tbh.
St Mirren will be interesting as they'll be well organised but if we start with both after the break I think we'll be OK.
Not the time for knee jerk reactions just yet I hope.
I still would hate to support Aberdeen, brutal football about killing the game instead of trying to build on a fortuitous 1-0 at halftime. Havi g Scott and Martin in the team should mean more games are entertaining than not

we are hibs
30-08-2020, 06:26 PM
Not quite up to his usual high standards but we rarely, if ever, improve when he goes off.

People seem to ignore this. He went off and we created 1 chance 2nd half. 1st half we created numerous. When he went off we also started to lump the ball forward.

A few weeks back v motherwell when he came on we started getting the ball down and playing a bit more. Its defo not a coincidence.

bigwheel
30-08-2020, 06:26 PM
It's probably worse looking because both our 'star' players are out of sorts slightly.
If Boyler was playing to his capabilities then Allan would get lifted along on that too and vice versa.
Aberdeen are probably the worst team to have them struggle against as they deny space and it does take some magic to break them down, I thought Scott had flashes of good play but he struggles badly winning the ball back against such physical players, probably why he never cut it in English Championship tbh.
St Mirren will be interesting as they'll be well organised but if we start with both after the break I think we'll be OK.
Not the time for knee jerk reactions just yet I hope.
I still would hate to support Aberdeen, brutal football about killing the game instead of trying to build on a fortuitous 1-0 at halftime. Havi g Scott and Martin in the team should mean more games are entertaining than not

Decent post this...lots of good balanced points...[emoji106]

HibeeDaz6270
30-08-2020, 06:29 PM
Decent post this...lots of good balanced points...[emoji106]

Except the brutal football from Aberdeen part. They were by far the better side and played a lot better stuff than us.

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 06:33 PM

No need for that, mate. He clearly isn't a Jambo.

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 06:33 PM
Allan was at his best when we had hard grafters like McGinn, McGeough and Bartley in the midfield. You will never see the best of him in the current set up.

Unseen work
30-08-2020, 06:35 PM
I don’t think Aberdeen played bad football at all today, they actually had some really really good bits of play.

The Marciano save from Hedges was really good play and they cut us open at ease.

We seemed to be doing a lot more aimless, lofted crosses to Doidge than Aberdeen were to Watkins

wookie70
30-08-2020, 06:37 PM
I've never been a fan. Off the ball he is just as terrible now as he always has been. On it though he can be very effective. However, that is typically when we are playing well. He adds to a team playing well rather than grabbing a game and making a team play well. A cherry on top player for me.

We are nowhere near strong enough to have him in our starting eleven at the moment and he doesn't look like he wants to be there to me. He was never a worker but he has shown a complete lack of heart when he has lost the ball or when he has got a chance to win it in a 50/50. I know he is never going to be a tough tackler but he needs to work much harder. Someone else made the point that no-one is making the runs. I agree with that to a point but Paul McGinn can see a runner and Hallberg picked a lovely pass out in the first half, with help from a nice dummy by Scottie. I'd stick him on the bench and bring him on the next time we are dominating possession. That might not be for a while though

Cod Boy
30-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Only willing runner off the ball in second half was paul Hanlon and he is centre half

familyman
30-08-2020, 06:40 PM

Scott has been mediocre of late, the absence of a McCrorie player is a BIG gap in our midfield which still has too many similar players even now.Scott gets pushed off the ball far too often ,something is up with him..he has been such terrific player so what is going on?

bigwheel
30-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Except the brutal football from Aberdeen part. They were by far the better side and played a lot better stuff than us.

Yeah. I think they meant they are functional rather than good to watch...as you say though, they were a lot better than us.

Hibiza
30-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Needs to " roll his sleeves up " and get into it. ( Please no , sleeves already up ).

Duke of Currie
30-08-2020, 06:45 PM
He needs to find other ways to tackle players rather than trying to hassle them and getting swatted off the ball. At times its like watching a boy against men.

J-C
30-08-2020, 06:46 PM
You cannot play Allan in a midfield 3 when 2 of those midfielders are soft as sh ite and decidedly average at best. Gogic to hold and another energetic box2box type and you'll see Allan play a lot better and more chances created further up the pitch, we just give way in the midfield all too easily.

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 06:47 PM
You cannot play Allan in a midfield 3 when 2 of those midfielders are soft as sh ite and decidedly average at best. Gogic to hold and another energetic box2box type and you'll see Allan play a lot better and more chances created further up the pitch, we just give way the midfield all too easily.

Exactly :agree:

Gloucester Hibs
30-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Put the ball on the plate for Boyle at the start who messed up.Had a lung burster to the bye line -no takers. Not up to old standard but is better than Mallan.

Agreed. Gogic’s absence was always going to shine the spotlight on SA but Hallberg and Newell were equally honking today

JimBHibees
30-08-2020, 06:56 PM

Jeez kickback down at the moment. :greengrin

Fergos
30-08-2020, 07:05 PM
I would give him a free role. Asking him to track back and tackle is a waste of his talents. But you need the players around him to allow him to do that. He needs to find whatever is missing from his performances first though.

Agreed on the free role if we are to see the best of SA again. We need to get the base of the midfield be right to let him, Newall etc do that. That’s JRs job now, get a runner / grafter who can pass next to Gogic and let SA play with 2 wide men in a 352.

GGTTH

Fergos
30-08-2020, 07:09 PM
Only willing runner off the ball in second half was paul Hanlon and he is centre half

Totally, our movement when in possession was chronic to watch, hence easy for Aberdeen to defend against. Midfield needs a much better balance.

GGTTH

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 07:14 PM
You cannot play Allan in a midfield 3 when 2 of those midfielders are soft as sh ite and decidedly average at best. Gogic to hold and another energetic box2box type and you'll see Allan play a lot better and more chances created further up the pitch, we just give way in the midfield all too easily.

Correct

zitelli62
30-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Give the guy a break apart from the defense and gogic who's form has been great lately looks like allan is turning into the new stevenson/ hanlon for the boo boys, forms temporary class is permanent.

JohnM1875
30-08-2020, 08:09 PM

You're not wrong with that. Our movement is abysmal. Allan's strength is spotting runs and playing those passes.

We need someone making runs behind the defence for Allan to shine. That's why when folk were suggesting Simon Murray I wasn't 100% against it. Thing with Murray he'd be offside 9 times out if 10

keep the faith
30-08-2020, 08:15 PM
His dummy to put on a plate for Doidge was also sublime.

A poor game for him yet still he had an impact. Think some people just want 11 Gogics. We wouldnt win many games with that!

Give Allan a break FFS. Some very yam like comments in this thread.

JohnM1875
30-08-2020, 08:25 PM
His dummy to put on a plate for Doidge was also sublime.

A poor game for him yet still he had an impact. Think some people just want 11 Gogics. We wouldnt win many games with that!

Give Allan a break FFS. Some very yam like comments in this thread.

Forgot all about that!

So that's the dummy, the lay off to Boyle where he chipped it back to the keeper and his run into the penalty box and cut back, which is a strikers (poacher) dream.

Not bad for a player who's apparently not good enough to start just now.

Unseen work
First 30 minutes I thought him and Wright looked good and were causing Aberdeen problems.

Wright has a couple of good runs, flicking it over their defenders heads and put a brilliant cross into the box that flashed along the 6 yard box. He also needs to be more greedy and should be smashing the back at goal in the second half when he tried to square it.

Allan had a run to the byline where he showed a great touch, turn of pace then meg to get the cross away. Good dummy to Doidge where he should have scored and another couple of moments where I thought he was coming back to his best.

Aberdeen then took control of the game a bit more and Allan and Wright fell out of it, I also think our defence were nervous playing out though during that spell and resorted to going long, often to Wright who had to wrestle 3 but centre half’s. The first 30 we were brave and zipped it along the ground which benefitted them massively.

Im not sure how much Ross rates Allan, ever since he’s came in he seems to be the first sub every game at the 60 minute mark.

The Modfather

I think part of the problem is that we rarely get worse when he goes off either.

I like Allan, and there may be mitigation if he struggled more then most with with his diabetes in lockdown for example. However I can’t help shake the feeling of Riordan in his second spell. There’s still quality there, but just not the same player he once was.

Kato
30-08-2020, 08:26 PM
There has been chat about whether Hibs have benefitted from having fans in the ground or not. I dont think it has benefitted Scott.

He's a showman that thrives on the oohs and aahs of the crowd.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 08:27 PM

👍🏽

flash
30-08-2020, 08:29 PM
I think part of the problem is that we rarely get worse when he goes off either.

I like Allan, and there may be mitigation if he struggled more then most with with his diabetes in lockdown for example. However I can’t help shake the feeling of Riordan in his second spell. There’s still quality there, but just not the same player he once was.
Personally I reckon we almost always get worse. We certainly did today.

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Forgot all about that!

So that's the dummy, the lay off to Boyle where he chipped it back to the keeper and his run into the penalty box and cut back, which is a strikers (poacher) dream.

Not bad for a player who's apparently not good enough to start just now.

Yeah amazing, no wonder we took him off, job done Scott put your feet up, as long as we can remember a few good things you done, the rest of your ***** game doesn’t matter 🙄

The Modfather
30-08-2020, 08:35 PM

That’s fair enough. On today I thought we were good for the first half an hour (Allan being good in that time) then Aberdeen got on top and we struggled. Allan was taken off in the 54th minute, which was long after the momentum had swung.

JammyDoidger
30-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Seems he plays his best football when he has had a long spell on the sidelines. Doesn't look interested, wonder if he's the type to fall in and out of love with the game. Him and newell need a haircut aswell:rolleyes:

Cameron1875
30-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Has he played well once in 2020?

The fact I can't really think of a performance that stands out (positively) concerns me. If we got a bid, which I highly doubt, then Hibs would surely be tempted to take the money.

Andy74
30-08-2020, 09:51 PM

Yep. We seem to think Hibs fans like the maverick player that tries things and they don’t always work. I think that’s long gone. We aren’t going to be in the market for guys that can be brilliant week in and week out against any team.

It’ll go the same way as when we had Boozy, Zemamma too. Fine for a bit and then the inevitable criticism that they don’t try, don’t tackle, can only play when x, y or z player are around to make them look good.

Then ten years later everyone will appreciate that you don’t get a player like that very often and that they always loved them really.

JohnM1875
30-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Yeah amazing, no wonder we took him off, job done Scott put your feet up, as long as we can remember a few good things you done, the rest of your ***** game doesn’t matter 🙄

😂 Aye, that's exactly what I was saying.

Subbing Allan for Murphy made more sense though eh?

#2 Double Tap
30-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Yep. We seem to think Hibs fans like the maverick player that tries things and they don’t always work. I think that’s long gone. We aren’t going to be in the market for guys that can be brilliant week in and week out against any team.

It’ll go the same way as when we had Boozy, Zemamma too. Fine for a bit and then the inevitable criticism that they don’t try, don’t tackle, can only play when x, y or z player are around to make them look good.

Then ten years later everyone will appreciate that you don’t get a player like that very often and that they always loved them really.

sort out the two guys behind him and he will spark into life.

He is a feel good player and right now it looks like the whole squad is not feeling so good, after the first two weeks I thought we shoulda been buzzing, but the performance levels just fell off a cliff. Too much defending not enough taking the game to the opponents.

Since452
31-08-2020, 05:19 AM
Living off past glories. Sad to say that as I think he's an absolute joy to watch when it clicks. Really hope he gets back to his best.

flash
31-08-2020, 06:01 AM

What a way to talk about one of our own. What is wrong with people these days?

EdinMike
31-08-2020, 06:42 AM
Said it before last season (and got slated) and I’ll say it again. He needs dropped to maybe get a kick up the jacksy. Looks sluggish and uninterested. Not saying he is, but he looks it...

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 07:04 AM
What a way to talk about one of our own. What is wrong with people these days?

I don’t know what is wrong with him, but something is.

flash
31-08-2020, 07:07 AM
I don’t know what is wrong with him, but something is.

Marvellous.

DJ HIBBY
31-08-2020, 07:10 AM
Based on current personnel, I would move Allan into McGeouchs old role. That will allow us to be much quicker as he can a spot a quick pass to our wingers. I would give Mallan the number 10 slot in place of Newell so he can push high up the park creating and scoring goals with the wingers

Dmas
31-08-2020, 07:10 AM
I don’t want allan making tackles and running back to his own goal, his game is getting it final 3rd and making things happen, him like Boyle, are receiving the ball far too deep to cause any trouble at the other end of the park, why was Boyle even that far back for the pen for example, we’re suffering because of a poorly set up midfield and a defensive line that’s dropping too deep, Aberdeen could move to about 25 yards from goal before a challenge was going in, long balls to doidge and a huge gap between him and the other forward minded players

Brightside
31-08-2020, 07:11 AM
I think we’d get more out of him as a second half sub. The game is always more open then and he’d have more chance to dictate.

Smartie
31-08-2020, 07:14 AM
Based on current personnel, I would move Allan into McGeouchs old role. That will allow us to be much quicker as he can a spot a quick pass to our wingers. I would give Mallan the number 10 slot in place of Newell so he can push high up the park creating and scoring goals with the wingers

The Scott Allan from the Championship, maybe.

It would be far too easy to stop Hibs playing if we tried that right now. I still think Scott has obvious quality but he’s nowhere near as sharp as he was. His agility and acceleration look to have gone downhill, and if we played him in that role as you say, every team in the league would snuff him out with ease.

The solution to Hibs’ problems doesn’t lie with players already at the club.

keep the faith
31-08-2020, 08:52 AM

That post is exactly what is wrong with this board at times.

Allan had a poor game and still contributed more than the likes of Wright, Hallberg, Boyle and Murphy.

Support the guy. He will know he has been poor but he surely is worth supporting? He is our match winner and his challenge now is to work harder and find his form.

Instead of binning him, how about we start playing things through him and using him properly. The Scott Allans of this world are what gets me to ER and we will be a poorer club without him.

ancient hibee
31-08-2020, 08:57 AM

Pity.Your posts are usually better than that.What you’re missing is that the three moves mentioned could(should)have resulted in goals.In which case this thread would be praising him to the skies.

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Said it before last season (and got slated) and I’ll say it again. He needs dropped to maybe get a kick up the jacksy. Looks sluggish and uninterested. Not saying he is, but he looks it...

He has only started half of the games this season

BoomtownHibees
31-08-2020, 09:04 AM

Poor post that

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 09:17 AM
That post is exactly what is wrong with this board at times.

Allan had a poor game and still contributed more than the likes of Wright, Hallberg, Boyle and Murphy.

Support the guy. He will know he has been poor but he surely is worth supporting? He is our match winner and his challenge now is to work harder and find his form.

Instead of binning him, how about we start playing things through him and using him properly. The Scott Allans of this world are what gets me to ER and we will be a poorer club without him.

Behave with the “this is what is wrong this board” nonsense. This is a football forum where I can express my feelings about a player just as I would do if we were discussing him in the pub. You don’t have to agree or even like my comments but they are nothing to dislike .net for.

flash
31-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Behave with the “this is what is wrong this board” nonsense. This is a football forum where I can express my feelings about a player just as I would do if we were discussing him in the pub. You don’t have to agree or even like my comments but they are nothing to dislike .net for.

On this I agree. Every opinion however disagreeable should be welcomed on an open forum.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Poor post that

Entitled to your opinions, they were mine.

keep the faith
31-08-2020, 09:28 AM

Apologies to the rest of the board. Its your post which I think is very yammish. Not the rest of the board.

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Apologies to the rest of the board. Its your post which I think is very yammish. Not the rest of the board.

Yammish 😂

Outed after all these years undercover!

Scouse Hibee
31-08-2020, 09:48 AM
Pity.Your posts are usually better than that.What you’re missing is that the three moves mentioned could(should)have resulted in goals.In which case this thread would be praising him to the skies.

Which is kind of my point maybe put across badly. Allan has a poor game, is subbed and as soon as anyone says he has had a poor game, it’s pointed out the good things he done whilst on the pitch. Other players have poor games and are subbed or dropped yet I never hear the positives even if just a few of them whilst on the pitch being highlighted which tends to bug me. Allan on his day is an exceptional player, sadly being on his day is something we don’t seem to see much off and certainly not over ninety minutes.

Northernhibee
31-08-2020, 09:53 AM
Which is kind of my point maybe put across badly. Allan has a poor game, is subbed and as soon as anyone says he has had a poor game, it’s pointed out the good things he done whilst on the pitch. Other players have poor games and are subbed or dropped yet I never hear the positives even if just a few of them whilst on the pitch being highlighted which tends to bug me. Allan on his day is an exceptional player, sadly being on his day is something we don’t seem to see much off and certainly not over ninety minutes.

Mallan, Horgan and even Wright either have been or still are slaughtered for some of the things that Allan has been far more guilty of this season.

I'm not one for too much sentiment but a club legend like Lewis Stevenson warming the bench should be a massive warning to Scott Allan. There are less and less reasons with each passing game for Scott Allan to be a starting eleven player for Hibernian football club and he has the power to change that, but it needs to start soon. The most creative moment in the game yesterday came from Paul McGinn.

Keith_M
31-08-2020, 11:27 AM

Last season he made 40 appearances and scored 10 goals.... from midfield.

That's aside from the number of assists (the match at Tynecastle being a good example).

Feel free to criticise him when he actually plays badly but that's clearly utter nonsense.

wandering_hibee
31-08-2020, 11:31 AM
Mallan, Horgan and even Wright either have been or still are slaughtered for some of the things that Allan has been far more guilty of this season.

I'm not one for too much sentiment but a club legend like Lewis Stevenson warming the bench should be a massive warning to Scott Allan. There are less and less reasons with each passing game for Scott Allan to be a starting eleven player for Hibernian football club and he has the power to change that, but it needs to start soon. The most creative moment in the game yesterday came from Paul McGinn.

Totally agree with this.

Scott has been poor since the start of this season, along with Boyle for the most part, and yet seems to start most games. I think that it probably shows the lack of depth in the squad and I am sure that if Jack could get another 1 or 2 strong midfielders in then Scott would find himself on the bench too.

Keith_M
31-08-2020, 11:38 AM
On this I agree. Every opinion however disagreeable should be welcomed on an open forum.

How about opinions about other people's posts?

flash
31-08-2020, 11:45 AM
How about opinions about other people's posts?

It's all good.

FilipinoHibs
31-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Thought he played better today. Nice we shimmy in first half to get to the bye but cutback was cut out - showed his frustration at that. One pass to oppo but in their half but going for an assist. He his clattered repeatedly when breaking free and in a position to make a telling pass. Looks slighly puffed which may be down to his diet. A bit leaner and might skip by these challenges. We generally keep better procession when he is on. Having Gogic back will help.

Since90+2
31-08-2020, 11:59 AM
It's looks to me as though he has lost a fair bit of mobility over the past 6 months or so. Not sure if it's because he's not match fit or if there has been a change to his fitnesa regime but he looks dreadfully slow at reacting to balls in the middle of the park.

AgentDaleCooper
31-08-2020, 12:14 PM
He basically needs a team to be built around him for him to perform. He needs to be behind two strikers, with two other midfielders doing the dirty work for him. Yesterday he was operating as a false 9 of sorts (i think?), which doesn't really suit him IMO. Might be talking pish here, of course! :aok:

hibee-boys
31-08-2020, 01:08 PM
It's looks to me as though he has lost a fair bit of mobility over the past 6 months or so. Not sure if it's because he's not match fit or if there has been a change to his fitnesa regime but he looks dreadfully slow at reacting to balls in the middle of the park.

This is the way I see it, I'm not doubting that Allan is trying his best out there but he seems, at the moment certainly, lacking match fitness/sharpness. Compounding the lack of sharpness he has been displaying, he only is able to contribute 2/3rds of a game....we just don't have that luxury. Every player should be fit enough to contribute over 90 mins or shouldn't be on the park to begin with. Not sure what the issue is, we need a fit/energetic Scott Allan more than ever, my worry is whether we'll see that from him again.

The 90+2
31-08-2020, 03:45 PM
This years scapegoat.

The 90+2
31-08-2020, 03:47 PM
He basically needs a team to be built around him for him to perform. He needs to be behind two strikers, with two other midfielders doing the dirty work for him. Yesterday he was operating as a false 9 of sorts (i think?), which doesn't really suit him IMO. Might be talking pish here, of course! :aok:

Fair point even in his first year he had Scotty Rob and Liam Craig doing so with Bartley there too.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 04:12 PM

What a fantastic pass that was. Deserved better finish or any finish come to that. :greengrin

SMAXXA
31-08-2020, 04:39 PM
This years scapegoat.

Not sure about scapegoat mate I think the criticism is pretty valid as it would be towards Boyle who’s also been nowhere near the levels he needs to be at. It’s natural for fans to expect more from the likes of Scotty as he’s got more ability than most players we have therefore makes it more disappointing when he doesn’t perform when he’s getting a run in the team. Long way to go wouldn’t write him off yet but he needs to massively I prove his performance levels IMO

Shrekko
31-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Not sure about scapegoat mate I think the criticism is pretty valid as it would be towards Boyle who’s also been nowhere near the levels he needs to be at. It’s natural for fans to expect more from the likes of Scotty as he’s got more ability than most players we have therefore makes it more disappointing when he doesn’t perform when he’s getting a run in the team. Long way to go wouldn’t write him off yet but he needs to massively I prove his performance levels IMO

Agree- a few of our potential match winners haven't been at their best and its obvious people will comment. Scott Allan has said many times that Hibs fans are understanding with him.

I think his overall body of work last season was very decent indeed but he faded a bit and definitely looks a bit off balance at the moment. Hopefully the magic returns with him and Boyler. Pretty confident it will.

Callum_62
31-08-2020, 10:51 PM
Forget scapegoats or whatever

His physical attributes have obviously diminished signficantly. I've been saying the same thing for a while

Its needs looked into pronto and hopefully a solution found

JohnM1875
31-08-2020, 11:52 PM
Forget scapegoats or whatever

His physical attributes have obviously dinished signficantlu. I've been saying the same thing for a while

Its needs looked into pronto and hopefully a solution found

You've been saying his attributes have 'dinished signficantlu' for a while?! No wonder no one is listening to you ;)

Callum_62
31-08-2020, 11:53 PM
You've been saying his attributes have 'dinished signficantlu' for a while?! No wonder no one is listening to you ;)Ah, moderate [emoji23]

MWHIBBIES
01-09-2020, 06:01 AM
Fair point even in his first year he had Scotty Rob and Liam Craig doing so with Bartley there too.

Marv joined later.

BILLYHIBS
01-09-2020, 06:18 AM
Don’t think his hair looks as good this season :rolleyes:

madhatter
01-09-2020, 06:38 AM
The problem is he is completely out of form and is more often than not receiving the ball with his back to goal. What I remember about him from before is him starting much deeper and driving forward playing one-twos and threading through balls through.

He is playing too close to Doidge and needs to drop off a bit more.

Scouse Hibee
01-09-2020, 08:00 AM
The problem is he is completely out of form and is more often than not receiving the ball with his back to goal. What I remember about him from before is him starting much deeper and driving forward playing one-twos and threading through balls through.

He is playing too close to Doidge and needs to drop off a bit more.

Yes I would say that’s a pretty accurate description of how I remember his role in games when he was outstanding. Playing a different position, fitness, illness related to his condition, who knows it may well be an accumulation of all of these things. Whatever it is I hope we can get him back to his best so he impacts the game as we all know he can.

BS44
01-09-2020, 09:22 AM
Don’t think his hair looks as good this season :rolleyes:

Exactly Bill, nowt to do with the position he plays, who is in the team beside him, not his diabetes either

Samson lost his strength when they cut his hair off, Scotty has lost his super skills since he changed his magnificent hair style

CMurdoch
01-09-2020, 09:20 PM
Interesting Scott stat.
He has played 102 games for Hibs, in all competitions, and that is more games than he played for all his previous teams put together.