PDA

View Full Version : Porteous

AugustaHibs
30-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Absolutely superb every game this season and strolled it today.

I also gave hanlon it tight a few weeks ago but he was also very good today, could do with cutting out the aimless punts to doidge but its probably not his fault due to midfield being invisible

neil7908
30-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Excellent. That whole defence looks so solid.

Now if we can just sort out the midfield...

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2020, 05:31 PM

I also gave hanlon it tight a few weeks ago but he was also very good today, could do with cutting out the aimless punts to doidge but its probably not his fault due to midfield being invisible

Eh?, seriously? I thought he was piss poor, especially at passing and clearing his lines.

AugustaHibs
30-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Eh?, seriously? I thought he was piss poor, especially at passing and clearing his lines.

No idea what game you were watching.

Vault Boy
30-08-2020, 05:33 PM
Improving all the time. Ironed out a lot of the creases in his game that existed prior to his injury and he's looking like a really mature defender. Good again today.

Mutu
30-08-2020, 05:35 PM
Thought he was brilliant. He's definitely getting better on the ball and playing it out.

Spike Mandela
30-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Excellent young player getting better every game.

Borderhibbie76
30-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Defensively he was excellent but his passing at times was dreadful

flash
30-08-2020, 05:46 PM

What an utterly incredible opinion.

Jones28
30-08-2020, 05:47 PM

I counted 2 misplaced passes. Piss poor right enough 🙄

Hiber-nation
30-08-2020, 05:49 PM

I'm struggling to think how anyone could come up with an opinion like that. Marciano, Porteous, McGinn and Hanlon couldn't really be faulted. The problems lay elsewhere.

A Hi-Bee
30-08-2020, 05:50 PM
Excellent young player getting better every game.

Would have to agree, very good young player.

Hibs90
30-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Agreed with both points.

Still room for improvement but it's positive he is playing well and certainly seems to have learned from his previous mistakes. I'd like for him to work on his clearances though, some of them are a bit wayward at times.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 05:52 PM
Both our CBs were rock solid today.

The long balls get a bit frustrating but there is often little other option as we have a midfield that doesn't want to, or is instructed not to, show short.

neil7908
30-08-2020, 05:53 PM
Defensively he was excellent but his passing at times was dreadful

He does need to work on this passing. Every now and then he bursts forward, puts his head up and your hoping for a ball over the top for someone to run onto.

Invariably it ends up out of play.

Defensively though he's been excellent this year. Cut out a lot of the jumping into daft tackles.

JimBHibees
30-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Over commits a wee bit at times however getting better with every game

Centre Hawf
30-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Once again him and the back line played well. Some of the passing can be a bit whiffy but they're defenders first and foremost and they are "keeping clean sheets" (if you want to keep subscribing to our open play streak). If they can keep that up then hopefully when we start playing some decent football we'll be in a healthier place.

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 06:20 PM
The defence is performing really well, thankfully. I thought we defended well again for the most part. Aberdeen had a couple of good chances, but again we didn't concede from open play.

we are hibs
30-08-2020, 06:23 PM
It would help both Porteous and Hanlon if a midfielder bothered to drop a bit deeper and take the ball and try and start a move rather than relying on our 2 centre backs to do it all the time. H

RoYO!
30-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Pass marks for all defenders today. And for Newell- just! That was truly grim watching tho!

scuttle
30-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Pass marks for all defenders today. And for Newell- just! That was truly grim watching tho!

Agreed the defence is not the problem its the weak midfield and attacking players failing to take men on

CmoantheHibs
30-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Thought that was his best game yet. Looks so impressive defensively and strikers this season haven't had a look in against him. Strong, quick,great in the air and reads the game well. Hats off to all our defence who have performed superbly all season.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2020, 07:00 PM
No idea what game you were watching.

Are you his mate? :rolleyes:, I was watching him closely today and his passing out of defence was abysmal several times. A prospect of course but needs coaching.

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 07:01 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is nonsense. He had a couple of careless passes but how we could do with more players with his commitment.

erin go bragh
30-08-2020, 07:02 PM
I'm struggling to think how anyone could come up with an opinion like that. Marciano, Porteous, McGinn and Hanlon couldn't really be faulted. The problems lay elsewhere.

Haven’t conceded a goal in open play in six games . Boyle should be barred from his own box .

Stokesy's on fire
30-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Ryan bossed that game today best player on the park by a long way