PDA

View Full Version : Utterly pathetic.

AL-Qaholik
30-08-2020, 05:26 PM
Nowhere near good enough.
We are eye-bleeding to watch, even when we aren’t losing.
All this chat about not conceding from open play - we’ve scored ONE from open play in 4 games.
Scored two in total.
Never came close to troubling that shower in the second half today.
Massive recruitment and a complete tactical overhaul required if we genuinely have any aspirations above mid-table.

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Give me a lenny / Stubbs style off attacking. That and the last three performances utter utter boring. Seriously. Pathetic

Sir David Gray
30-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Not great at all unfortunately.

We are very stuffy and hard to beat but going forward we are rreally not good enough, particularly in midfield.

HIBERNIAN-0762
30-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Our passing was abysmal, far too many weak willed players on show, the sheep won't have an easier game, Ross needs to get this garbage sorted out, been coming for weeks.

The_Exile
30-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Yep, been trying to remain positive but that was boring as ****, getting to a point where it’s a total waste of 2 hours.

madhatter
30-08-2020, 05:31 PM
We are quite solid defensively because more than half our team spend most of the half far too deep. We are going to struggle without more signings.

Our transition play from back to front is absolutely rotten, no other way to describe it.

Col2
We were ok against Killie, good against Livi, ok at Dundee United, poor at home to Motherwell, very poor against St Johnstone and awful against Aberdeen.

We ALL knew how this would play out, but the lack of basic passing and willingness to take on a man is not good enough.

We are lucky to have 13 points. We could be sitting on 5 in reality.

McCrorie was everything none of our midfielders are.

Vault Boy
Very poor today.

Great start to the season though, and there will be more to come, with new recruits,players returning from injury/quarantine and Murphy getting up to speed.

Defence excellent all season. Midfield not so much.

gaz1875
Slow as a month of Sunday's, plenty so called fast players no energy in their play. Desperate for a running midfielder.

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 05:33 PM
We basically need a new midfield, otherwise will never be able to control a game. We are so weak in that area. Credit to the defence, they have been excellent.

neil7908
We'll be fine in terms of league position this season but it's going to be a struggle to justify £20 a steam to watch us. We are a very poor football team.

Northernhibee
Slow as a month of Sunday's, plenty so called fast players no energy in their play. Desperate for a running midfielder.

Aberdeen sit with eleven men behind the ball and give no space for fast players to run into, no idea what difference it would have made to have more pace today?

ahibby
30-08-2020, 05:34 PM
All this chat about not conceding from open play - we’ve scored ONE from open play in 4 games.
Scored two in total.
Massive recruitment and a complete tactical overhaul required if we genuinely have any aspirations above mid-table.

Spot on mate what a load of rubbish. Never got going at all, so many poor performances all over the pitch it's difficult to blame specific individuals, Porteous deserved his Hibs man of the match. I hope there is more to come from Jamie Murphy because the guy he is replacing can do better than that all day long and it feels like a step down or backwards. I think he is going to be a massive dud, of course I'm hoping to be proved wrong.

WestStandMoaner

:agree:

where'stheslope
I think what your seeing is the difference of fans attending or not!
OK the fans get on the players backs, but it can spur them on to do or try better.
Don't think I heard one shout from our bench throughout the game?

Scotty Leither
30-08-2020, 05:35 PM
Do the coaching staff not tell Jack Ross how that mob play against us?

Harry, foul, press you high up the park and don't let you play - pretty standard fare for Aberdeen especially at Easter Road.

Too many samey players, and too many of our big players are not doing it - Boyle, Allan to name two - and if the boy Wright has beat a man yet i've yet to see it.

Steve20
We are poor, do nothing in the final third. Jack Ross’’ foootball is dreadful and the wins will now dry up.

Boring to watch.

hfc rd
The midfield is a major concern. Take Gogic out and we are back to the same issue as last season as evidenced today. Complete powderpuff. Mentioned in the matchday thread but Ross McCrorie would have been a very good addition to this Hibs team.

Going forward, we just look so slow and predictable. Lost for ideas in the final 3rd. Scott Allan’s form is a major issue. Just doesn’t look the same player.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 05:36 PM
I'm not sure utterly pathetic is the correct description.

Defensively we are well drilled and don't really look like conceding soft goals as we have in the past. An absolutely crazy few seconds from Boyle trying to piss about in and around our own box cost us a goal today.

There are alarm bells ringing though with regards to our lack of creativity. 1 goal from open play in our last 4 games is not a good stat. We didn't perform significantly differently today in comparison to most other games this season, the difference was today we were up against a team that is likely to take advantage.

Today was the start of a tough run of fixtures for us and it's not a good start, there is a lot of pressure on the St Mirren game now. We need to improve our level of performance offensively, that's the long and short of it. We are missing the player(s) to do that though imo.

gaz1875
30-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Aberdeen sit with eleven men behind the ball and give no space for fast players to run into, no idea what difference it would have made to have more pace today?

Really? We are so slow teams get in front of us so easily. we need to move the ball much quicker and run at defences, not knock the ball side to side before a big lump upfield.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2020, 05:38 PM

Quicker midfielders who take the ball on the turn and run away from their markers are what we need, they then commit the defenders into coming towards them, which then leaves space for our forwards.

Simple really, that midfield are awful to watch and easy to play against by the better sides in this league.

Northernhibee
30-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Really? We are so slow teams get in front of us so easily. we need to move the ball much quicker and run at defences, not knock the ball side to side before a big lump upfield.

When the defence doubles up on runners so there's someone to collect the ball when knocked past the first man, again I don't know how running at the defence would work. Stevie Mallan tried that in the second half in the box and couldn't get an inch of space.

The only way that a team like ours can beat Aberdeen who are so defensively minded and physical is not to let them have something to hang on to. The penalty gave them that and it was going to take something spectacular sadly.

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Anybody thinking Murphy is a better option than Horgan who is outgoing needs to explain that to me.
I find it incredible we would Ship out a player who is direct,quick and gets into good positions.unless the boy wants to go.

Northernhibee
30-08-2020, 05:40 PM
Anybody thinking Murphy is a better option than Horgan who is outgoing needs to explain that to me.
I find it incredible we would Ship out a player who is direct,quick and gets into good positions.unless the boy wants to go.

Well be prepared to find it credible then.

Glory Lurker
30-08-2020, 05:40 PM
I don't think all this is that fair. First half was good, although the wastefulness up front was frustrating.

Second half was horrible, but that's Aberdeen defending a lead for you. We were clueless against it which is unacceptable given we knew that's what Aberdeen would do. I reckon Horgan could have offered something because we were desperate for a ball player. So much irony - Aberdeen players getting away with almost getting football paused, Gogic out despite never being healthier, McRorie being a big player today for them, and Horgan being lined up to leave.

the tornadoe
30-08-2020, 05:41 PM
After recent performances I put £20 on the Sheep to win, not a regular punter but watching us the last few weeks I had no confidence whatsoever and hearing Gogic was out sealed it for me !

Centre Hawf
Gogic is a huge miss to this team because no one else does his job well. But we are hopeless going forward as well at the moment so it makes you wonder what the rest of them do?

Hiber-nation
Quicker midfielders who take the ball on the turn and run away from their markers are what we need, they then commit the defenders into coming towards them, which then leaves space for our forwards.

Simple really, that midfield are awful to watch and easy to play against by the better sides in this league.

Yep, as opposed to Newell and Mallan who shuttle it back to a central defender as soon as they are pressed. Don't even mention Hallberg. There is no creativity.

That midfield even with Gogic is miles off what we need to compete for 3rd.

Hibernia&Alba
I'm not sure utterly pathetic is the correct description.

Defensively we are well drilled and don't really look like conceding soft goals as we have in the past. An absolutely crazy few seconds from Boyle trying to piss about in and around our own box cost us a goal today.

There are alarm bells ringing though with regards to our lack of creativity. 1 goal from open play in our last 4 games is not a good stat. We didn't perform significantly differently today in comparison to most other games this season, the difference was today we were up against a team that is likely to take advantage.

Today was the start of a tough run of fixtures for us and it's not a good start, there is a lot of pressure on the St Mirren game now. We need to improve our level of performance offensively, that's the long and short of it. We are missing the player(s) to do that though imo.

Also a lack of energy in midfield. We are too passive and the game is passing them by. It has to be addressed quickly.

NAE NOOKIE
Way over the top. I actually thought we were better than we have been for the last 3 games, at least in spells. But ye gods we simply have to start taking our chances, we probably made more in that game than we have in the last three, we put a number of decent balls across the box with not a striker to be seen anywhere near them and when we did create a shooting opportunity our efforts were somewhere between poor and woeful, Doig's effort notwithstanding.

At the end of the day Rocky only had a couple of saves to make, but we committed the cardinal sin of letting Aberdeen go one up and we all know what happens after that. Only Boyle will know why he didn't clear the ball once he had made space to do it rather than doing what he ended up doing and giving away a stupid penalty.

The bottom line is the defence did their job and even the midfield were a bit more creative and combative than they have been, unfortunately for us it looked like we could have played all day without scoring, the third game in a row we have failed to do so from open play.

madhatter
Hallberg, Newell, Mallan and Allan move, turn and pick their pass too slowly. This is identical to last year, Allan behind striker but rest of midfield sitting on our CBs playing slow comfortable passes all game. Our midfield is far far too deep and has 0 movement in it. We need 3-4 signings and some players need to be shifted on.

Coco Bryce
30-08-2020, 05:43 PM
These are the type of performance that the Sunderland fans turned on Ross.

Mutu
30-08-2020, 05:44 PM
11 shots on target over the last 4 games.

Pretty clear what the problem is. Tactically we have no idea how to play out from the back.

Feel for Allan because theres no one around him with any sort of composure.

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 05:45 PM
Newell looking lost again. Mallan isn’t the answer. We really miss a docherty type someone who can run and carry. We’re the experts and pointless sideways passing at the back. Aberdeen were rubbing their hands together at minute sixty. They knew the game was won.

Jones28
30-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Hysterical Hibs.net at its finest 😂

A Hi-Bee
30-08-2020, 05:47 PM
These are the type of performance that the Sunderland fans turned on Ross.

I hope not as this is eye bleeding Alex Miller stuff, it got so bad then we used to just stay in the pub rather than go to the game, Jimmy O'Rourke was much more entertaining than watching Hibs then, but it worries me to think they may revert back to crap like that, as it can only end one way and that is no very nice or good.

gaz1875
30-08-2020, 05:48 PM
Hallberg, Newell, Mallan and Allan move, turn and pick their pass too slowly. This is identical to last year, Allan behind striker but rest of midfield sitting on our CBs playing slow comfortable passes all game. Our midfield is far far too deep and has 0 movement in it. We need 3-4 signings and some players need to be shifted on.

Just said the same, I would move on 3 out these 4 and only keep Newell probably because he is more consistent only just though.

Greenbeard
Never been Heid-doon Horgan's biggest fan but if he is being shipped out (rather than leaving of his own acord) he must have been smiling internally at how anonymous Murphy was and how little Wright contributed.

ahibby
11 shots on target over the last 4 games.

Pretty clear what the problem is. Tactically we have no idea how to play out from the back.

Feel for Allan because theres no one around him with any sort of composure.

It's more than that, you are right as well we can't play out from the back, I think Hanlon found a Hibs player once today when he played the long switch four or five times. The other thing that is clear is that no one really wanted to win today, second to almost every ball and slow to react everywhere except at the back. Several passengers today.

S4uzee
30-08-2020, 05:49 PM
Says it all in the last minute when Porteous broke forward and they got everyone back and we had about 2 players in the box

Scotty Leither
30-08-2020, 05:49 PM
How we can not sign a forward that takes the ball into feet like Paatelainen or Killen? You'll draw fouls that way and someone dropping short pulls stuffy teams out like Aberdeen. Another poster was right, you could have turned the telly off after they scored as I've seen that movie against them 100 times or more.

We never laid a glove on them, and i'm afraid grinding football ain't the Hibs way, Jack.

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 05:50 PM

What's your opinion on today and the performances over the last few weeks?

Scotty Leither
30-08-2020, 05:51 PM

Or proper scrutiny of a manager who can't seem to fashion a goal from open play?

Greenbeard
30-08-2020, 05:53 PM
Yep, as opposed to Newell and Mallan who shuttle it back to a central defender as soon as they are pressed. Don't even mention Hallberg. There is no creativity.

That midfield even with Gogic is miles off what we need to compete for 3rd.
Which is fine if they then move to get in a position which gives the defender an option but Newell especially just stands or strolls in a marked position, often doing that f***ing pointing thing, and we end up hoofing a long ball or a speculative diagonal.

Andy74

Yep, it always has to go the way of every single person at the club not being good enough.

Heisenberg
Or proper scrutiny of a manager who can't seem to fashion a goal from open play?

I suppose he should be on the park putting in the crosses and finishing the chances too then eh? He’s not telling the players to not score goals. We are awful in midfield. Recruitment over the past few seasons is killing us.

SingaporeHibs
30-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Newell is utterly garbage! He shows for the ball a lot very deep and then passes back or sideways, a total imposter. No ability to play forward or drive a game forward and shows zero intent to do so. Can’t tackle either. With guys like that in our midfield we’ll go nowhere.
Can someone tell me how Wright stays on the pitch while we remove Allan in 53 mins? Did he do anything???
We have to be better up front. Doidge is frustrating!
I could actually go through every player from defence forward as none of them get pass marks for the second half.
First half we played better than we’ve done since Livi but no composure when the chances came along.
Very frustrating to watch, really poor. We’ll give ourselves a chance of finishing 4th but that probably says more about the other teams in the league than how good we are.
There is a lot of work required before the transfer window closes

Northernhibee
Way over the top. I actually thought we were better than we have been for the last 3 games, at least in spells. But ye gods we simply have to start taking our chances, we probably made more in that game than we have in the last three, we put a number of decent balls across the box with not a striker to be seen anywhere near them and when we did create a shooting opportunity our efforts were somewhere between poor and woeful, Doig's effort notwithstanding.

At the end of the day Rocky only had a couple of saves to make, but we committed the cardinal sin of letting Aberdeen go one up and we all know what happens after that. Only Boyle will know why he didn't clear the ball once he had made space to do it rather than doing what he ended up doing and giving away a stupid penalty.

The bottom line is the defence did their job and even the midfield were a bit more creative and combative than they have been, unfortunately for us it looked like we could have played all day without scoring, the third game in a row we have failed to do so from open play.

Our issue is that we were wasteful when we did get our chances. Unless they have an offday, a team as stuffy as Aberdeen are only going to give you 2-3 chances in a game to capitalise on. Boyle hit the ball right into the keepers arms when he was caught out in the first minute, Wright failed to find Doidge with his cutback and I think we had another that didn't come off.

I think we need Nisbet back as I prefer us playing with two up top with an extra option on the bench.

Hibernia&Alba

I honestly don't think it's hysteria, mate. We can all see what's wrong, and, if the problems aren't rectified, it's going to be hard graft.

Coco Bryce
30-08-2020, 05:55 PM

Yet you contribute nowt to the debate?

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 05:58 PM
The fans will voice their opinions on those kind if performances when allowed back in the stadium, that is for sure.

The Modfather
30-08-2020, 06:02 PM
We basically need a new midfield, otherwise will never be able to control a game. We are so weak in that area. Credit to the defence, they have been excellent.

We need a new midfield for the 3rd season in a row. I could at least accept if we were signing the type of players we need (energy and athleticism, ball retention and movement) but who weren’t good enough. We seem to sign the exact same static midfielder with no clear defined role or plan as to how the midfield will fit together.

Greenbeard
30-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Overall disappointing, but some of the critiques on here are defo OTT. First half I thought was a good improvement on the last two games and I thought we were very unlucky to go in at half-time behind. On another day it could easily have been the other way round.
But the 2nd half was pretty inept. A man down with Wright just hogging the touchline and not giving ball carriers an option. Too many not looking to get on the ball and take responsibility. Hanlon, Porto and McGinn get pass marks from me though. True test of how good the defence is will come against the OF.

madhatter
30-08-2020, 06:05 PM
Did any of our players actually take on their man? Genuine question. Run, stop, slow ponderous look and pass sideways or backwards seemed to be the trend. As others have pointed out, Porteous went running forward and we only had 2-3 players in box while Aberdeen had 8-9 back...what are our players doing? Marking invisible Aberdeen players?

ancient hibee
30-08-2020, 06:06 PM
Too many hopeful(hopeless) balls into the box from the wings not targetting players.

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Never been Heid-doon Horgan's biggest fan but if he is being shipped out (rather than leaving of his own acord) he must have been smiling internally at how anonymous Murphy was and how little Wright contributed.

Horgan can frustrate you but Mallan,Hallberg Wright and Murphy all lesser players imo.ive seen plenty of Murphy he’s no the answer like.

Fergos
30-08-2020, 06:08 PM

Agree with this, our movement when in possession of the ball is terrible. Players ball watching, stationary waiting for others to take responsibility. Not good enough middle to front. Defence good today again, Rocky my MOTM, says it all.

GGTTH.

The Modfather
30-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Horgan can frustrate you but Mallan,Hallberg Wright and Murphy all lesser players imo.ive seen plenty of Murphy he’s no the answer like.

Horgan wasn’t the answer either. An expensive player that failed to deliver more often than not. A poor signing and poor value for money IMO.

Since452
30-08-2020, 06:09 PM
Plenty hard work needed over the international break. On a side note, gutted we lost out on McCrorie. Excellent today.

Hibernia&Alba
We need a new midfield for the 3rd season in a row. I could at least accept if we were signing the type of players we need (energy and athleticism, ball retention and movement) but who weren’t good enough. We seem to sign the exact same static midfielder with no clear defined role or plan as to how the midfield will fit together.

Fully agree with you. It's a big problem.

Hibernianrus
We are poor, do nothing in the final third. Jack Ross’’ foootball is dreadful and the wins will now dry up.

Boring to watch.
Spot on mate . We are not going to score many goals in any games this season by the looks of things. We will win more than we lose but they will be 1-0 more often than not.

Bobby's Cinema
30-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Not true. And to be fair, we still haven’t conceded one either.

the tornadoe
30-08-2020, 06:11 PM

McRorrie was the one to do that but as usual we wouldn't compete financially when it was required..

Unseen work
30-08-2020, 06:13 PM
First 30 was the best Iv seen us this season and thought we looked dangerous without getting the break of the ball.

After that was very poor.

Doesnt help when your main attacking players like Allan and Boyle are miles off it.

Nothing to do with Ross’ football, the attacking players aren’t performing.

ClermistonGreen
30-08-2020, 06:13 PM
Saw my cut out on tv today , even he looked pi..ed off !

Bobby's Cinema
30-08-2020, 06:15 PM
Our main problem is still the glaringly obvious central midfield. Nothing comes through the middle when Allan is not firing. The central midfield pairing today is totally passive, we are missing that John Mcginn type driving through the middle past players and taking the game on. Newell and Hallberg are too happy to play sideways and not a lot more and there is no link to the strikers as a result.

Feel for Doidge, the guy tracked back to his own goal line to try and get involved had nothing to go on yet again.

gaz1875
30-08-2020, 06:17 PM
First 30 was the best Iv seen us this season and thought we looked dangerous without getting the break of the ball.

Doesnt help when your main attacking players like Allan and Boyle are miles off it.

Agreed, first 25minutes we actually looked like a team, only for things too revert back to the norm, slow sideways lump.

Gatecrasher
30-08-2020, 06:19 PM

pretty much how i seen it as well, Aberdeen controlled the Midfield from then on. I have to say though we defended well and we missed Gogic but theres something missing in the team.

broondog
30-08-2020, 06:20 PM
we are very lucky to be in second at the moment. that loss was coming. hopefully a wake up call for Jack Ross. apart from 1 or 2 games we have been really bad to watch.

think allan need some time out of the team, his passing has been dreadful all season

madhatter
30-08-2020, 06:20 PM
Our main problem is still the glaringly obvious central midfield. Nothing comes through the middle when Allan is not firing. The central midfield pairing today is totally passive, we are missing that John Mcginn type driving through the middle past players and taking the game on. Newell and Hallberg are too happy to play sideways and not a lot more and there is no link to the strikers as a result.

Feel for Doidge, the guy tracked back to his own goal line to try and get involved had nothing to go on yet again.

Yep, we can all see it. If Boyle is not playing well our whole attacking plan goes out the window. There is no creativity or forward movement from the middle. Allan sits just behind Doidge then there is a 20+ yard gap to Newell and Hallberg. We are forced to play these players because we have nothing else.

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 06:22 PM
Hallberg/Slivka//Newell/Mallan all falling into the category recently of don’t know what they’re good at type midfielders.

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2020, 06:24 PM

I'd agree with that, but Aberdeen were in our faces never giving us an inch of space. When you have a midfield who cant get away from their marker, they will just pop it back the way which is frustrating, as we just go through the same rigmarole again until we lose it.

Aberdeen are a good side, some on here dont like saying it, but they are what we want to be. They know how to win games, and they know how to stop teams playing and grind a result out.

Hibees1973
30-08-2020, 06:32 PM
Let’s get real. Aberdeen are the benchmark for us.

Aberdeen have more know-how than us. Over the last few years they have consistently proven that they are better than us head to head. This is the reason why McCrorie and McGeouch joined them rather than us. Their strength of squad will mean they will finish above us again this season as they have in previous years.

We only have two or three players, on form, that would get into their first 11. We need players such as Doig and Nisbet to improve over the next year to get to the level Aberdeen are at. With them and Boyle and one of two more additions maybe we will have five of six that would get into their first team. It will be then that maybe we could finish 3rd and win a cup.

Hibs can still have a good season. 4th in the league (Europe) and a cup final is possible.

Hopefully this time next year we will have improved enough to match and finish above Aberdeen.

Onion
30-08-2020, 06:33 PM
Don't share the many negative views expressed here. Hibs did well for the first 20 mins, created very decent chances but simply failed to take them. One silly moment by Boyler cost us a pen which was the perfect scenario for Aberdeen.

We've always known Hallberg and Mallan are not up to the task, that's why Hibs have been chasing the likes of Corrie.

This is all about getting points on the board at the moment, and we've managed to do that. Over the whole season, we'll do well under Ross who appears to know what he's doing.

A Hi-Bee
30-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Saw my cut out on tv today , even he looked pi..ed off !

:agree::thumbsup:

Jones28
30-08-2020, 06:37 PM
What's your opinion on today and the performances over the last few weeks?

Today, not good enough going forward. First half an hour or so today we were decent and linked well, created a few chances one of which Doidge should score from. Poor after the penalty, Aberdeen sat back and did what they do. That’s why they’ve finished in the top 4 for the past 6 or so years.

St Johnston was ok, but we all revelled in the winning ugly element of it, and I will continue to take that as we all took it last weekend.

Motherwell was similar to today, but today I actually thought we played better today than that game, and had the scores been reversed I don’t think we would have had too much to complain about.

Dundee United was alright, I didn’t think there was much between the 2 sides and we took a chance, they didn’t.

Livi was good, obviously.

Killie was a different game for me, first outing for lots of players and I didn’t actually see the full match so not in a position to comment.

Overall we’ve looked ok in spells, Boyle had a decent game against Killie and then has fallen away, Nisbet the same against Livi, Doidge consistently works hard but today in particular nothing came off, and it rarely has done especially when up front by himself.

It’s been an exceptional start results wise where the football hasn’t been good to watch, we’ve won ugly but also won playing great football.

If the football had been exceptional but the results not good we would be doing the exact same thing from the other angle. We’ve still not conceded from open play; we’re still second going into the international break and Ross’s Hibs have accrued more points than anyone outside the old firm since his arrival.

HOWEVER

What’s obvious is that McCrorie would have made a huge difference today. Like a lot of us in here I was disappointed to lose out to Aberdeen but wasn’t fussed until tonight. I hope this is a warning shot to the recruitment team that we need that level of player in ASAP. The break has come at the right time for us, and us gives a fortnight to bring someone in.

We are also losing Horgan who for me has been our best forward player this season, and it will take time for Murphy to get up to speed - luckily we have some time with the break.

Today’s level of performance is not good enough, and we will at best tread water this season which is not good enough. Ross has to realise this and has to recruit appropriately.

That’s my 2 cents.

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 06:37 PM
After recent performances I put £20 on the Sheep to win, not a regular punter but watching us the last few weeks I had no confidence whatsoever and hearing Gogic was out sealed it for me !

Good for you.

Jones28
30-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Yet you contribute nowt to the debate?

I just have, so you can read it if you want a respond if you want.

Real Emerald
30-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Today, not good enough going forward. First half an hour or so today we were decent and linked well, created a few chances one of which Doidge should score from. Poor after the penalty, Aberdeen sat back and did what they do. That’s why they’ve finished in the top 4 for the past 6 or so years.

St Johnston was ok, but we all revelled in the winning ugly element of it, and I will continue to take that as we all took it last weekend.

Motherwell was similar to today, but today I actually thought we played better today than that game, and had the scores been reversed I don’t think we would have had too much to complain about.

Dundee United was alright, I didn’t think there was much between the 2 sides and we took a chance, they didn’t.

Killie was a different game for me, first outing for lots of players and I didn’t actually see the full match so not in a position to comment.

Overall we’ve looked ok in spells, Boyle had a decent game against Killie and then has fallen away, Nisbet the same against Livi, Doidge consistently works hard but today in particular nothing came off, and it rarely has done especially when up front by himself.

It’s been an exceptional start results wise where the football hasn’t been good to watch, we’ve won ugly but also won playing great football.

If the football had been exceptional but the results not good we would be doing the exact same thing from the other angle. We’ve still not conceded from open play; we’re still second going into the international break and Ross’s Hibs have accrued more points than anyone outside the old firm since his arrival.

HOWEVER

What’s obvious is that McCrorie would have made a huge difference today. Like a lot of us in here I was disappointed to lose out to Aberdeen but wasn’t fussed until tonight. I hope this is a warning shot to the recruitment team that we need that level of player in ASAP. The break has come at the right time for us, and us gives a fortnight to bring someone in.

We are also losing Horgan who for me has been our best forward player this season, and it will take time for Murphy to get up to speed - luckily we have some time with the break.

Today’s level of performance is not good enough, and we will at best tread water this season which is not good enough. Ross has to realise this and has to recruit appropriately.

That’s my 2 cents.

Alan Campbell at Motherwell could maybe do a job for us. Loads of skill and energy and only 22 ish. Just a thought.

ronaldo7

You can see why the manager wants the types of players like McCrorie, and why we had Docherty. These guys move defences

Jones28
I honestly don't think it's hysteria, mate. We can all see what's wrong, and, if the problems aren't rectified, it's going to be hard graft.

I agree, but it’s classic .net to be beaten 1-0 where the difference was a penalty and see threads titled like this one in the aftermath.

Jones28
30-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Alan Campbell at Motherwell could maybe do a job for us. Loads of skill and energy and only 22 ish. Just a thought.

No chance would we get him imo. Especially with them losing turnbull

Real Emerald
30-08-2020, 06:43 PM
No chance would we get him imo. Especially with them losing turnbull

I didn’t think we’d get John McGinn on a 4 year deal but we did.

bigwheel
30-08-2020, 06:44 PM
I didn’t think we’d get John McGinn on a 4 year deal but we did.

He was out of contract with few options...Campbell is hot property....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Emerald
30-08-2020, 06:50 PM
He was out of contract with few options...Campbell is hot property....

It’s the type of signing we need though with future sell on money. It was just a thought though as we desperately need someone since losing out on RMc going to the sheep.

Brightside
30-08-2020, 06:53 PM
At this rate we will have a Jack Ross Legacy thread on here. 😂

erin go bragh
30-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Overall disappointing, but some of the critiques on here are defo OTT. First half I thought was a good improvement on the last two games and I thought we were very unlucky to go in at half-time behind. On another day it could easily have been the other way round.
But the 2nd half was pretty inept. A man down with Wright just hogging the touchline and not giving ball carriers an option. Too many not looking to get on the ball and take responsibility. Hanlon, Porto and McGinn get pass marks from me though. True test of how good the defence is will come against the OF.
Agree with this . First half we could have scored a couple but apart from the lovely McGinn pass chance for Wright , we were very poor second half .

GreenCastle
We need 2 or 3 central midfielders - said it for weeks.

We are too nice and Gogic is a start but we need more.

Plus midfielders who run from deep - not slivka / Allan / Mallan / Hallberg types.

1st half we did ok - 1st goal was so important and players looked deflated when it was such a cheap penalty.

Real Emerald
At this rate we will have a Jack Ross Legacy thread on here. 😂

Who’s Jack Ross Legacy? 😂

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 06:56 PM
Don't share the many negative views expressed here. Hibs did well for the first 20 mins, created very decent chances but simply failed to take them. One silly moment by Boyler cost us a pen which was the perfect scenario for Aberdeen.

We've always known Hallberg and Mallan are not up to the task, that's why Hibs have been chasing the likes of Corrie.

This is all about getting points on the board at the moment, and we've managed to do that. Over the whole season, we'll do well under Ross who appears to know what he's doing.

I agree. Though Boyle was unlucky with the penalty we should have been ahead by then and we struggled after that with too many aimless balls fired in the direction of the isolated Doidge. The lack of training yesterday coupled with Gogics ban must have had some effect on the match preparations as well.
Hopefully there is still transfer business to be done both in central midfield and up front.

Hulk1875
30-08-2020, 06:56 PM

HOWEVER

That’s my 2 cents.

Like this post we weren’t great again but Aberdeen were not any better lost by a penalty

HibeeDaz6270
30-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Like this post we weren’t great again but Aberdeen were not any better lost by a penalty

Aberdeen were better at pressing us off the ball, shape and also played the better stuff.

I understand we lost by a penalty, and it is clear to see defensively we are better this year but Aberdeen were certainly the better side overall.

We are poor, and it is very concerning that Jack Ross has not sorted out the middle of the park yet. We need a central midfielder who can collect the ball from the difference and dictate play. I personally would try Scott Allan in a deeper role until we hopefully find a solution. We are very poor to watch at the moment.

bigwheel
30-08-2020, 07:03 PM
It’s the type of signing we need though with future sell on money. It was just a thought though as we desperately need someone since losing out on RMc going to the sheep.

Yep...but well beyond us now

Basildon Hibs
30-08-2020, 07:05 PM

We are poor, and it is very concerning that Jack Ross has not sorted out the middle of the park yet. We need a central midfielder who can collect the ball from the difference and dictate play. I personally would try Scott Allan in a deeper role until we hopefully find a solution. We are very poor to watch at the moment.

Ive been saying for the last 3 or 4 seasons that we are powder-puff/soft as sh**t in the middle. I still can't get my head round why this has never been addressed.
Every man and his dog (and other teams can see this) so why can't our management? :confused::confused:

Alfred E Newman
30-08-2020, 07:11 PM
Ive been saying for the last 3 or 4 seasons that we are powder-puff/soft as sh**t in the middle. I still can't get my head round why this has never been addressed.
Every man and his dog (and other teams can see this) so why can't our management? :confused::confused:

3 or 4 seasons?
We’ve been saying for as long as I can remember. I even said it to my son at Hampden when I saw the cup final line up!!
It’s definitely a Hibs supporters thing!

Nicho87
30-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Boyle wasted at wing back

Stokesy's on fire
30-08-2020, 07:15 PM
we are very lucky to be in second at the moment. that loss was coming. hopefully a wake up call for Jack Ross. apart from 1 or 2 games we have been really bad to watch.

think allan need some time out of the team, his passing has been dreadful all season

Perth last weekend should have been a wake up call....

percy veer
30-08-2020, 07:50 PM

Well done .. 100% thought we were actually no bad first half

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Never said this before in my life like but a bit over the top? We lost 1-0 not ****ged away from home against Falkirk Alloa or Dumbarton.

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Never said this before in my life like but a bit over the top? We lost 1-0 not ****ged away from home against Falkirk Alloa or Dumbarton.

Don't send me into meltdoon :greengrin. You're right, it's all relative and today's loss isn't the end of the world. The defeat at Alloa, who were miles adrift at the bottom of the Championship at the time, was the one time I've really lost the plot on on .net. Being second in the SPL is much nicer.

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Sideways pass FC today.

matty_f
30-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Or a manager who has had more wins and points than any other manager outside of the Glasgow two?

(I agree with your point, by the way but i think the way you’ve worded it is unfair).

The 90+2
30-08-2020, 08:33 PM
Don't send me into meltdoon :greengrin. You're right, it's all relative and today's loss isn't the end of the world. The defeat at Alloa, who were miles adrift at the bottom of the Championship at the time, was the one time I've really lost the plot on on .net. Being second in the SPL is much nicer.

🤣🤣I can see the concern of being pedestrian mate but utterly pathetic, really? I’ve seen a million times worse and I’m not even exaggerating. That day at Alloa was criminal. Then there was Stirling away in the Scottish Stranraer away in the same cup, numerous pumpings by the pink tramps and going down to Killie on grand national day and watching us lose 6-2 to Killie under Jumbo. 1-0 to Aberdeen who where always going to control the middle when the news Gogic was out isn’t really pathetic tbh. Losing 3-0 at home to Livi (Twice ironically once the year after we finished third 2001 and once we where about to finish third 2005) and 4-0 to Dunfermline rate that scale

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2020, 08:44 PM
You can see why the manager wants the types of players like McCrorie, and why we had Docherty. These guys move defences
:agree:

Hibernia&Alba
30-08-2020, 08:44 PM
🤣🤣I can see the concern of being pedestrian mate but utterly pathetic, really? I’ve seen a million times worse and I’m not even exaggerating. That day at Alloa was criminal. Then there was Stirling away in the Scottish Stranraer away in the same cup, numerous pumpings by the pink tramps and going down to Killie on grand national day and watching us lose 6-2 to Killie under Jumbo. 1-0 to Aberdeen who where always going to control the middle when the news Gogic was out isn’t really pathetic tbh. Losing 3-0 at home to Livi (Twice ironically once the year after we finished third 2001 and once we where about to finish third 2005) and 4-0 to Dunfermline rate that scale

Don't think I will ever get over that Alloa result. Didn't Dumbarton beat us two years in a row? Oh Jesus.

JammyDoidger
30-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Why we didn't get the McCrorie deal over the line is beyond me. Can't believe we let the sheep take him right out of our hands. Hibs need to step up here. We've lost about 10 players and brought in 4. Completely unacceptable. Our fans have dug deep in these times. We deserve better than the crap that's on offer atm.

The Harp Awakes
30-08-2020, 09:48 PM
Sideways pass FC today.

That's where the problem lies. We have no drive in midfield, and few ball winners. When Gogic was missing from the team sheet, it was obvious the way the game was going to go; the Aberdeen midfield dominated us. So predictable.

We may have made some good additions in other areas, but the midfield needs urgent attention. At least 2 additions I'd say.

ekhibee
30-08-2020, 10:24 PM

So have I. When he was with Motherwell he was a terrific player, IMO a far better player than Horgan. Whether he's up to that standard nowadays we'll find out over the season.

madhatter
31-08-2020, 12:26 AM
Aberdeen were worthy winners. Barring the first 20-25mins we just couldn’t pass forward with any purpose or intent.

Wish we had a player even remotely like McGinn. A player that goes “I’m going to drive us up the park”. Too many players whose first thought is to look for a pass even if there is 10+ yards space in from of them. We’ve seen this since McGinn left and it isn’t solved with Gogic. We lack serious mobility in midfield and top 4 will be unlikely unless we get that sorted.

We’re extremely lucky to be in the position we are in, could easily have 6pts max.

I would play Allan from a deeper starting position, far too often he is receiving ball with back to goal and getting bullied off the ball. Hope we make 2-3 quality signings shortly as they are needed.

Chuck Rhoades
31-08-2020, 02:44 AM
Scored two in total.

By my watch you jumped on here during stoppage time, bet you couldn’t wait to post this? Choking on a defeat in previous match threads too.