PDA

View Full Version : Horgan set to leave??

Irish_Steve
30-08-2020, 03:33 PM
Commentator says Horgannn due to leave in the next couple of days - bit of a shame that but a wage off the bill?

Speedy
It was mentioned on hibspass that he's moving on, did I pick that up right?

Anyone got any details?

Speedy
snap

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Surely not?

NC1875
30-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Murphy a better player

RIP Bestie
30-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Sheep

Irish_Steve
30-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Surely not?

Yip, commentator just mentioned it again. Strange as he could still do a job

Speedy
30-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Surely not?

Tanner mentioned it about half an hour ago when going through the lineups, then repeated by sky.

J-C
30-08-2020, 03:36 PM
Just mentioned right now, anyone know where? Decent player on his day but so inconsistent.

Hibs Class
30-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Any word on where he may be headed.

Speedy
30-08-2020, 03:37 PM
Just mentioned right now, anyone know where? Decent player on his day but so inconsistent.

Agree. Assume we've had a decent bid rather than us telling him he's surplus to requirements

LaMotta
30-08-2020, 03:38 PM
Unnamed English club. Been lined up for a few weeks.

RIP Bestie
30-08-2020, 03:38 PM

Sheep

blackpoolhibs
30-08-2020, 03:40 PM
Yip, commentator just mentioned it again. Strange as he could still do a job

I was jesting, its been all over the internet all day. :greengrin

Irish_Steve
30-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Unnamed English club. Been lined up for a few weeks.

That un-named English club called Aberdeen??

Irish_Steve
30-08-2020, 03:43 PM
I was jesting, its been all over the internet all day. :greengrin

Just got in, been an internet free Day!

Just_Jimmy
30-08-2020, 03:50 PM
SheepThat'll be Aberdeen that are a direct rival and aren't signing players?

Unless we're getting money why are we letting him go there?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Cocaine&Caviar
30-08-2020, 03:51 PM
Chap on twitter saying Salford, what league are they in now?

Just_Jimmy
30-08-2020, 03:52 PM
Chap on twitter saying Salford, what league are they in now?L2. I watch them now and again. He'd do well at that level. Might get fee too if it's them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Beefster
30-08-2020, 04:00 PM
Isn’t Horgan one of our highest-paid players? If so, seems like a good thing to get him off the wage bill seeing as he only does it three or four times a season.

NORTHERNHIBBY
30-08-2020, 04:05 PM
Sheep

We would need to release him and then say that we wanted to sign him.

DH1875
30-08-2020, 04:35 PM
That un-named English club called Aberdeen??

Jack Ross said it's a club down south.

EI255
30-08-2020, 04:52 PM
Sky saying he's wanted away for a couple of weeks now. See ya.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

overdrive
30-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Wright looks a massive downgrade on Horgan. I’ll give Murphy the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

neil7908
30-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Jack Ross said it's a club down south.

Best for all parties I think. Let's use the wages to strengthen in the middle of the park.

Beefster
30-08-2020, 05:37 PM
Wright looks a massive downgrade on Horgan. I’ll give Murphy the benefit of the doubt at the moment.

Give the guy a chance, he’s only played about a game and a third for us. It’s great that you’re not writing Murphy off after 35 minutes though.

I predict that every time we lose that Horgan will become some sort of saviour that would solve all our problems.

04Sauzee
30-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Decent of you to give Murphy the benefit of the doubt 😅

Drey Wright played 3 or 4 differnt roles today and he wasn't that bad and was definitely not the worst

Pretty Boy
30-08-2020, 05:48 PM
We should have a thread once every 5 or 6 weeks saying how much we missed Horgan. It would be reflective of the consistency of his contribution.

Great that day at Tynecastle. Often posted missing before and after.

NC1875
30-08-2020, 05:55 PM
People thinking Horgan is some sort of Messiah.
Been here for how long and I can count on both hands how many good performances we’ve had from him. We won’t miss his one good performance every 3 months

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:00 PM
We should have a thread once every 5 or 6 weeks saying how much we missed Horgan. It would be reflective of the consistency of his contribution.

Think that’s unfair pb,he’s direct always willing to take the ball creates chances.drey Wright Murphy Newell and Hallberg all failed to do that today.id rather he stayed and others went.

greenlex
30-08-2020, 06:10 PM
Horgan was never and is not the answer to any attacking question. He’s one good game six poor. We should be looking for better.
Murphy might just be that. Any idea why Sky had a welsh flag beside his name when he came on today?

Since452
30-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Horgan is one of the players I'd be looking to move on personally. More poor games than good ones.

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:15 PM
Horgan was never and is not the answer to any attacking question. He’s one good game six poor. We should be looking for better.
Murphy might just be that. Any idea why Sky had a welsh flag beside his name when he came on today?

Murphy is even less the answer than Horgan.we have let a player leave better than what replaces him.not good business by us

Dalianwanda
30-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Murphy is even less the answer than Horgan.we have let a player leave better than what replaces him.not good business by us

In what way is he less the answer? Murphy has played at a decent level & from what Ive read on twitter a lot of rangers fans were disappointed he moved on. Horgan was someone I was told was gonna give us 100% every game...Maybe he did but for the majority of the time he wasnt that impressive. I liked Horgans attitude & have no idea of whether murphy is going to be better or worse. Interested to hear how your opinion on Murphy & in a Hibs strip why it can be made so quickly.

Since452
30-08-2020, 06:23 PM

Murphy is a huge upgrade on Horgan

greenlex
30-08-2020, 06:29 PM

Horgan regularly blew out his arse after20 mins on the park. As I said one good game and six poor. Murphy should be an upgrade.

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Murphy is a huge upgrade on Horgan

Don’t think so mate

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:31 PM
Horgan regularly blew out his arse after20 mins on the park. As I said one good game and six poor. Murphy should be an upgrade.

Been excellent for us this season so far.

bingo70
30-08-2020, 06:33 PM

In what games?

Wasn’t excellent against Killie, Dundee Utd, Motherwell or St Johnstone?

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:33 PM
In what way is he less the answer? Murphy has played at a decent level & from what Ive read on twitter a lot of rangers fans were disappointed he moved on. Horgan was someone I was told was gonna give us 100% every game...Maybe he did but for the majority of the time he wasnt that impressive. I liked Horgans attitude & have no idea of whether murphy is going to be better or worse. Interested to hear how your opinion on Murphy & in a Hibs strip why it can be made so quickly.
Lesser meaning I think Horgan is a better option than murphy

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:35 PM
In what games?

Wasn’t excellent against Killie, Dundee Utd, Motherwell or St Johnstone?

Ran the show against Livvy,put Boyle thru with a Scott Allan pass against well,but all you get on here is blows out his arse after twenty on here.the boy is in good lean condition and clearly in form in a side that was unbeaten until today.
Also put some cracking balls in for Doidge and Nisbet going inside of his man,whipped early

Springbank
30-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Decent of you to give Murphy the benefit of the doubt 😅

Drey Wright played 3 or 4 differnt roles today and he wasn't that bad and was definitely not the worst

You maybe missed the key moment in the game...

Through 1 on 1
Keeper backpedalling
Far post gaping
And he slid a cross to nobody

An Aberdeen player scores that chance

We need better from him, if he is to make it here

That's not writing him off.

But it is putting him on notice, on fair notice

bingo70
30-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Ran the show against Livvy,put Boyle thru with a Scott Allan pass against well,but all you get on here is blows out his arse after twenty on here.the boy is in good lean condition and clearly in form in a side that was unbeaten until today.
Also put some cracking balls in for Doidge and Nisbet going inside of his man,whipped early

So had one excellent game and one excellent pass.

He wasn’t in good form, he hadn’t played well all season apart from one good game and one good pass.

I had no effort with his effort levels or his fitness levels, i just always felt pretty confident going into a game he wouldn’t do anything, apart from a couple of exceptions I was normally right.

A Hi-Bee
30-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Good luck to him his 2 goals at the piggery were more than an awful lot of players for Hibs have managed over the years.
:greengrin:greengrin

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:44 PM
So had one excellent game and one excellent pass.

He wasn’t in good form, he hadn’t played well all season apart from one good game and one good pass.

I had no effort with his effort levels or his fitness levels, i just always felt pretty confident going into a game he wouldn’t do anything, apart from a couple of exceptions I was normally right.
No he done that in most the games you mentioned,put whipped early crosses in,has been direct going forward,no one put crosses in today of the class he has supplied this season.we disagree bingo fair enough👍.the highlights are there.horgan never hides.or goes backwards like today.

MrRobot
30-08-2020, 06:45 PM

Horgan was inconsistent at best, Wright has played a few games.

bingo70
30-08-2020, 06:46 PM
Good luck to him his 2 goals at the piggery were more than an awful lot of players for Hibs have managed over the years.
:greengrin:greengrin

As someone who has criticised him on this thread I completely agree.

Not a big fan of his at all but seems like a good bloke who always gave his all adn scores two goals at Tynecastle. Good luck to him, wish him all the best and have no ill feeling towards him at all, I just don’t think he’s that good a player at all.

tonyrougier123
30-08-2020, 06:47 PM
I’ve seen drey Wright and plenty of Murphy over the years.id play Horgan before either

Fergos
30-08-2020, 06:55 PM

I’d agree he’s been one of the players that have shown a bit of directness and creativity so far this season.

Hoping Murphy brings a bit more however, we need it based in recent performances, time will tell.

GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
30-08-2020, 07:22 PM
Horgan is one of the players I'd be looking to move on personally. More poor games than good ones.

You could be describing Allan

greenlex
30-08-2020, 07:39 PM
You could be describing Allan

There’s an argument to move him on too.

JimBHibees
30-08-2020, 07:46 PM
I’ve seen drey Wright and plenty of Murphy over the years.id play Horgan before either

Certainly not Murphy

smack
30-08-2020, 07:52 PM

Sky are still learning which badge goes against which club. It’ll be another couple of years before they progress to getting players nationalities correct

HendoDelivered
30-08-2020, 08:28 PM
Wycombe bound?

jacomo
30-08-2020, 08:47 PM
As someone who has criticised him on this thread I completely agree.

Not a big fan of his at all but seems like a good bloke who always gave his all adn scores two goals at Tynecastle. Good luck to him, wish him all the best and have no ill feeling towards him at all, I just don’t think he’s that good a player at all.

Daryl seems like a lovely fella. Best of luck to him and his family if he is away.

Centre Hawf
31-08-2020, 01:10 AM
It remains to be seen if Wright or Murphy will be better than Horgan, but there's no doubt in my mind that Horgan isn't consistent enough and if I'm honest while I don't doubt he's a hard working professional, I question his heart in the 90 minutes as he would go missing for large periods.

Good luck to him, he was a decent player at times. But never moved on from just decent at times.

Since452
31-08-2020, 05:16 AM
There’s an argument to move him on too.

I'm swaying towards that argument. Like Horgan more poor games than good

bigwheel
31-08-2020, 05:33 AM
Good move for Horgan if he is off to Wycombe . Playing in the championship....wish him the best of luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squealing pig
31-08-2020, 05:59 AM
No big loss IMO

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 06:03 AM

Probably the same reason I went to record it on tv and it came up Hamilton v Aberdeen on the sky channel. :greengrin

hibIBZ
31-08-2020, 06:05 AM
Unfortunately I think we might end up with a few "should never of let Horgan go" threads.

Imo the replacements haven't got me particularly excited

Horgan being a high earner and obv not in the plans I can see why he is off, but I'm not convinced it's a good idea

BILLYHIBS
31-08-2020, 06:10 AM
Horgan would be some player if he would just ‘ look up’ always chooses the wrong option imho

Hearts game excepted of course :greengrin

Best of luck for the future ‘Wee Man’

500miles
31-08-2020, 06:37 AM

Through 1 on 1
Keeper backpedalling
Far post gaping

That wasn't a decent shooting angle, the keeper was always favourite. Doidge should have been running towards the back post for a tap in, but he was running Wright for some reason.

Billy Whizz
31-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Hopefully they are paying for him, and we’re not just letting him go

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 06:59 AM
Hopefully they are paying for him, and we’re not just letting him go

Certainly should be given the league they are now in and the time on his contract.

JimBHibees
31-08-2020, 07:00 AM
That wasn't a decent shooting angle, the keeper was always favourite. Doidge should have been running towards the back post for a tap in, but he was running Wright for some reason.

I would say he definitely should have shot not to say he was favourite to score but imo was a decent chance.

Brightside
31-08-2020, 07:43 AM

Through 1 on 1
Keeper backpedalling
Far post gaping

Putting him on notice??? Ffs.

Septimus
31-08-2020, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=Fergos;6287199]I’d agree he’s been one of the players that have shown a bit of directness and creativity so far this season.
/QUOTE]

I would agree with this. His close control of the ball is way above the present Hibs average. Runs out of steam most of the time but I'm sorry to lose him.

Lago
31-08-2020, 10:55 AM
Well he is going to be playing the championship so it will be interesting to see how he does.

PH91
31-08-2020, 01:58 PM
If you take the final ball out of the equation then horgan would be one of the best players in the league. Unfortunately, the final ball is the key part of a wide players game and under 3 managers it has been erratic and hasn't improved.

Add to that we don't have the right players to play a system with wingers and i can understand moving him on if he is a high earner.

Springbank
31-08-2020, 02:01 PM
Putting him on notice??? Ffs.

You are of course totally correct

I have reflected and I absolutely loved that moment where Drey was put through and did hee haw

I need to downgrade my expectations of my team

I resoundingly apologise for the offence

Drey, you keep doing what you did, I get it...

Ffs

500miles
31-08-2020, 04:13 PM
I would say he definitely should have shot not to say he was favourite to score but imo was a decent chance.

And if Doidge makes a dash to the back post instead of towards Wright, it's a tap in.

We talk about forwards having good movement and making good angles, Doidge isn't good at that. It's part of the reason he doesn't link up with Allan. But then again, if you want someone to react first or dig out the ball in a stramash, Doidge is excellent.

We're disjointed because we have players that are good at very different things.

Tyler Durden
31-08-2020, 04:15 PM
Think that’s unfair pb,he’s direct always willing to take the ball creates chances.drey Wright Murphy Newell and Hallberg all failed to do that today.id rather he stayed and others went.

I could disagree with virtually all your posts on this thread but this one in particular.

Drey Wright created a good chance for Boyle in the first 20 minutes. Hallberg laid a chance on a plate for Doidge with probably the best pass of the game.

Horgan won’t be missed.

Greenbeard
31-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Good idea. And you have to type your post without looking up from the keyboard.

Seveno
31-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Daryl seems like a lovely fella. Best of luck to him and his family if he is away.

I can confirm that. He phoned me as part of the Club programme of contacting senior STs at the start of the lockdown. He chatted for 30 minutes when he could have got away with 15. Very self- critical saying that he had to work harder to get a regular place in the starting line-up and to score more regularly.

It annoys me when some people are so dismissive of players and use such derogatory language. They are people at the end of the day and deserve some respect.

Baldy Foghorn
31-08-2020, 05:41 PM
I can confirm that. He phoned me as part of the Club programme of contacting senior STs at the start of the lockdown. He chatted for 30 minutes when he could have got away with 15. Very self- critical saying that he had to work harder to get a regular place in the starting line-up and to score more regularly.

It annoys me when some people are so dismissive of players and use such derogatory language. They are people at the end of the day and deserve some respect.

Football is emotive and all about opinions.

If players are looking on forums, it probably wouldn't be great for them, but they would be silly to read forums, especially after a defeat.

Since452
31-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Wish him well but I was more bothered about Oli Shaw leaving and I didn't rate him at all

Carheenlea
31-08-2020, 06:57 PM
I liked Daryl Horgan but his departure doesn't leave a hole in the team that needs attention.

He`ll always be remembered for his fine double at Tynecastle while his more anonymous performances wil be forgotten in time.

CMac1988
31-08-2020, 07:17 PM
It's funny cause Horgan does something most professional footballers do that many it our team won't... Gives our defence an option.

A few weeks back I wouldn't have been fussed with regards to Horgan leaving but he's been one of our better players the last two games he played. Both times he was unfairly subbed to make way for formation and personnel changes and if I'm being honest that's his downfall. Works hard and does well but ultimately no final product and he'll be sacrificed in an effort to try something different. His end game hasn't improved in his time here.

A couple of goals at Tynecastle will be what he's remembered for.

Wish him well.

CMurdoch
31-08-2020, 10:01 PM

Good post.
Daryl has always come across as a grounded and decent human being throughout his time at Hibs.

He always did his best, which is all any player can do.
Shame his crosses were erratic, although this was no surprise to those of us who did a bit of research before he arrived.
Good luck to the guy at Wycombe Wanderers where he will have 2 very large, if limited, strikers to aim his crosses at.

Mibbes Aye
31-08-2020, 10:19 PM
A very busy player but it didn’t feel like he was quite the right fit for where Jack Ross was taking the team. Wish him well regardless.