PDA

View Full Version : Least favourite strip in Scottish top flight?

G B Young
28-08-2020, 01:26 PM
For me it's Aberdeen or Livi. I've never liked strips of all one colour (all white is an exception) and all red and yellow strips I find especially jarring.

Clarence
28-08-2020, 01:35 PM
The Ross County strips always look budget. They muck about with their design a lot too but I suppose we have been guilty of that too recently.

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2020, 01:36 PM
The Rangers

Sammy7nil
28-08-2020, 01:42 PM
The Ross County strips always look budget. They muck about with their design a lot too but I suppose we have been guilty of that too recently.

Agree Ross County strip looks poor.

Tomsk
28-08-2020, 01:48 PM
The Rangers

Always the answer.

H18 SFR
28-08-2020, 01:48 PM
For me it's Aberdeen or Livi. I've never liked strips of all one colour (all white is an exception) and all red and yellow strips I find especially jarring.

I've loved seeing us in all green Hibs strips, granted it doesn't happen much unless colour clashes happen etc but I like it nonetheless. Did we not have a Sportif all green effort early 2000's?

Andy74
28-08-2020, 01:50 PM
The Rangers

Yeah they couldn’t resist a wee Union Jack detail behind the collar either.

weecounty hibby
28-08-2020, 01:51 PM
There has never been a rangers strip that has looked nice in any form. Even if you removed the badge from them they would still like crap

Pagan Hibernia
28-08-2020, 01:52 PM
Definitely hear.... oh I’ve re-read the title...

probably Hamilton

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2020, 01:59 PM

Yeah! Their second strip is white this season.....fair dos... and their third strip is a wee black and orange number

Who knew?

HoboHarry
28-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Definitely hear.... oh I’ve re-read the title...

probably Hamilton
I'm with you mate. I can handle any color but that nasty Hearts brown. Actually when we bought our current house that was the color of our front door, got changed pretty damn quick.....

Saint Hibee
28-08-2020, 02:08 PM
The Rangers

Correct.

Kato
28-08-2020, 02:17 PM
I'm with you mate. I can handle any color but that nasty Hearts brown. Actually when we bought our current house that was the color of our front door, got changed pretty damn quick.....Hope you burned the paint off rather than paint over it.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

CmoantheHibs
28-08-2020, 02:18 PM
Ross County for me as it always seems to look like a cheapo. Don't really like Hamilton's either.

HoboHarry
28-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Hope you burned the paint off rather than paint over it.

Used one of those nasty chemicals that make it bubble and curl up. Quite satisfying lol....... :greengrin

Kato
28-08-2020, 02:23 PM
Used one of those nasty chemicals that make it bubble and curl up. Quite satisfying lol....... :greengrinGood job.

TelaStella
28-08-2020, 02:28 PM
Underwhelming would be one word to spring to mind so far this season and the new kit selections don’t escape that. All the big noise in lockdown was coming from Ibrox, surprise surprise, in regards to their new industry breaking deal with Castore. I for one was suspicious of all the hype and haven’t been proved wrong with what has been produced. Never have I seen such cheap and pathetic looking rangers tops in my time following football and how hard can that be eh? already I think Castore have a lot of explaining to do regarding some quality concerns. Having 5 clubs with Macron this season doesn’t provide me with much enthusiasm and looking at each clubs efforts you could probably see why although I think we’ve just won that contest closely followed by United’s away strip. The last couple Livi tops make you wonder if Nike actually know they exist and as for Aberdeen what can you actually do with them? Dullness for dullness and usually I’m fairly impressed with what away options they produce but this season’s is so bad their fans thought it was a genuine wind up when it had been revealed a couple months back. Finishing on some positivity I think the Celtic Adidas stuff has been absolutely terrific all the way down to the basic things like training gear. Jealousy I must admit is very real, bring back the 3 stripes Hibs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leitherhibs
28-08-2020, 02:33 PM
Aberdeen kit looks dreadful this season, collar looks like it's a complete mish-mash of styles and doesn't work.

Always hated Motherwell's colour scheme, but this years top is particularly bad.

The Lesser Greens have good kits this season, but I'm not sure about the addition of the yellow.

LancsHibs
28-08-2020, 02:37 PM
Dislike seeing a hun jersey, usually sported by a fat red faced sweaty ugly bloke walking down Blackpool prom spoiling my bike ride

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2020, 02:41 PM
As others have said Adidas always works for me

The Adidas HIBS top from the 1980s is a classic

I like the Adidas Celtic strip - shorts and socks only- not a lot you can do with hoops- probably why we binned it back in the day- glad that Celtic have lost the white sleeves this year :greengrin

Pretty Boy
28-08-2020, 02:47 PM
I don't like hoops on a football top. I always associate them with rugby so Celtic and Hamilton for me. Also Ross County.

I remember a few years ago Hamilton adopted a 'classic' kit every season as an away kit. Think they had efforts modelled on Brazil, Argentina and Holland in consecutive seasons. Not something I'd want for Hibs but it's a clever idea.

EdinMike
28-08-2020, 03:04 PM
Motherwell, can’t quite put my finger on why but the colours annoy me.

EI255
28-08-2020, 03:24 PM
Aberdeen one is certainly very poor, considering it's Adidas. Celtic one is dull too!

Agree that Livvy is probably the worst though.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

G B Young
28-08-2020, 03:46 PM
The Rangers

Is that based on your dislike of the club or the strip? IMHO the light blue shirt and white shorts combo is not unpleasant, simply hard to warm to because it's worn by such a vile team. I always like the same colour combo on say, the French national team, Ipswich, Leicster City or Portsmouth.

The all-red Aberdeen, all-yellow Livi or claret and amber Motherwell are all, IMHO, a lot more aesthetically unpleasant to look at.

If they were a top flight club I would, of course, have said my least favourite was Hearts but that's based on BOTH my loathing of the club AND the colour of their strip. Maroon is just an all-round crap colour which never looks good in any circumstances.

SChibs
28-08-2020, 04:17 PM
As much as I hate saying some of the old firms strips have been nice it's just a pity they have the badges that they do.

However, have St Johnstone ever had a nice home top? A few of their players seem to consistently play in long sleeves too which is a bit weird. Dave MacKay, Murray Davidson and Steven Anderson are a few players that do it

lord bunberry
28-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Motherwell have never had a good strip, the colours don’t go together.

BlackSheep
28-08-2020, 04:21 PM

The Ross County strips for this year are the Business!!! The fact that they’re macron gives me hope that Macron as a brand are growing... so far this season I would say Puma kits seem to be setting trends, Nike and Adidas look like 1 trick ponies now.

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Is that based on your dislike of the club or the strip? IMHO the light blue shirt and white shorts combo is not unpleasant, simply hard to warm to because it's worn by such a vile team. I always like the same colour combo on say, the French national team, Ipswich, Leicster City or Portsmouth.

The all-red Aberdeen, all-yellow Livi or claret and amber Motherwell are all, IMHO, a lot more aesthetically unpleasant to look at.

If they were a top flight club I would, of course, have said my least favourite was Hearts but that's based on BOTH my loathing of the club AND the colour of their strip. Maroon is just an all-round crap colour which never looks good in any circumstances.

:agree:

Probably just my dislike of such a vile and loathsome club though I do feel that most of their strips throughout the last 60 years have been cheap and nasty

My 5a side strip of choice down the Pitz was always Green top with white sleeves a la Begbie in Trainspotting white shorts and Rangers ( Scotland) socks black with red tops

I know mixed up that’s why I am called ‘Billy’ :greengrin

G B Young
28-08-2020, 04:48 PM
:agree:

Probably just my dislike of such a vile and loathsome club though I do feel that most of their strips throughout the last 60 years have been cheap and nasty

My 5a side strip of choice down the Pitz was always Green top with white sleeves a la Begbie in Trainspotting white shorts and Rangers ( Scotland) socks black with red tops

I know mixed up that’s why I am called ‘Billy’ :greengrin

I genuinely liked those black Rangers socks with the red tops. I remember Man U used to have black socks with red and white tops, which also looked great.

BILLYHIBS
28-08-2020, 04:59 PM
I genuinely liked those black Rangers socks with the red tops. I remember Man U used to have black socks with red and white tops, which also looked great.
Back in the early 60s watching Sportsreel/Scotsport in black and white watching Rangers playing with their light tops and big black furry woolly socks I felt sorry for them as it looked as though they were playing with Welly Boots on and were therefore at a disadvantage :confused:

MyJo
28-08-2020, 05:00 PM
Aberdeen home one looks crap, collar is minging and it’s a very strange shape that makes it look all twisted or badly stitched.

Dislike the Livingston home shirt because the sleeves are a slightly different shade of yellow from the body and it’s irritating. Either make it the same colour all over or have a contrasting colour.

Bostonhibby
28-08-2020, 05:08 PM
If only Budge had succeeded when she spent all those millions to avoid relegation from the top flight I'd have been able to honestly answer the question.

Another consequence of her failure to properly organise the task force to save Hearts from relegation.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
28-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Rangers.

SteveHFC
28-08-2020, 11:55 PM
Don't get the hate for Motherwell. Some of the best kits in the past few years have came from them.

Mibbes Aye
29-08-2020, 02:08 AM
Underwhelming would be one word to spring to mind so far this season and the new kit selections don’t escape that. All the big noise in lockdown was coming from Ibrox, surprise surprise, in regards to their new industry breaking deal with Castore. I for one was suspicious of all the hype and haven’t been proved wrong with what has been produced. Never have I seen such cheap and pathetic looking rangers tops in my time following football and how hard can that be eh? already I think Castore have a lot of explaining to do regarding some quality concerns. Having 5 clubs with Macron this season doesn’t provide me with much enthusiasm and looking at each clubs efforts you could probably see why although I think we’ve just won that contest closely followed by United’s away strip. The last couple Livi tops make you wonder if Nike actually know they exist and as for Aberdeen what can you actually do with them? Dullness for dullness and usually I’m fairly impressed with what away options they produce but this season’s is so bad their fans thought it was a genuine wind up when it had been revealed a couple months back. Finishing on some positivity I think the Celtic Adidas stuff has been absolutely terrific all the way down to the basic things like training gear. Jealousy I must admit is very real, bring back the 3 stripes Hibs!

Can you put it into paragraphs please?

Dashing Bob S
29-08-2020, 05:15 AM
Huns. Everyone you see wearing one looks like an intellectually ******ed refuge from the sex offenders register. Still, it must make life easy for Police Scotland.

Jones28
29-08-2020, 05:48 AM

They had a cracking dark blue away top a few years ago.

AZhibee
29-08-2020, 05:52 AM

Agreed, color combo about as bad as it gets.

AZhibee
29-08-2020, 05:53 AM

RCFC Kit always looks like it is one good design from great but completely botches it.

SouthMoroccoStu
29-08-2020, 06:52 AM
Celtic seem to release the same shirt every year - no one notices

Limited what you can do with horizontal stripes

But rangers and Hamilton win the prize

Greenbeard
29-08-2020, 07:06 AM

But these celeb fans like it.........

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ff/b3/3f/ffb33f8540fbd5a12b0e7866eb88b50f.jpg

Since452
29-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Don't like any of them other that the Hibs ones

Joe6-2
29-08-2020, 07:16 AM
Hope you burned the paint off rather than paint over it.

Just burn the door 😊

bigwheel
29-08-2020, 07:29 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200829/48586099796cbd5644839eff3f9e7516.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200829/8566f5f49b0f5479c1c30d6bdcf83855.jpg
Think Motherwell have had some classic strips in years gone by.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
29-08-2020, 08:04 AM

The socks are the one part of the Rangers kit I actually like. Contrary to a myth they have nothing to do with them being 'up to their knees in fenian blood'. Black and red was the colours of the old burgh of Govan and the socks were designed the way they are to resemble the funnels of the ships built in Govan docks. It's a nice historical touch.

My favourite myth about football strips is about why Germany wear a green away strip. There was a story that after WWII the 1st team they played was Ireland (actually Switzerland) and after the game the players swapped jeeseys. Germany was so poor at the time that they simply recycled the strips and used green as an away colour ever since. Total nonsense but it's a good story.

Craig_HFC
29-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Worst home kit - Aberdeen

Worst away kit - Dundee United

G B Young
29-08-2020, 09:40 AM

The only Aberdeen kit I ever thought was OK was the (adidas?) one of the Fergie era.

Sudds_1
29-08-2020, 10:52 AM

If i remember right wasnt that motif on upside down? That was thw sign of distress in olden times 😁

Dr What If?
29-08-2020, 01:10 PM
Macron for me has been a breath of fresh air in football strips (rugby too) and not just our strips. They stick to simple, traditional designs that really work....and the quality is good. Can't really comment on the quality of other strip manufactures, not close enough. Would say that on TV the Rangers kit just looks like a traditional Rangers strip. Never thought I'd say this but like the story behind their socks.....I had always assumed that back in the day all clubs wore black socks and they had just kept them.
Worst strip though, Livingston. Never been a fan of yellow on a shirt (even our away versions). The all yellow is worse and the style looks no different to the Nike strip we had a few years back with the polo/golf t shirt look. No problem with collar and buttons but the Nike ones just look too neat for a football shirt. The exception to the rule is the Motherwell amber, it does work - and if you can get over the claret being close to another unmentionable colour, they generally had had some smart kits.

heretoday
29-08-2020, 02:48 PM
Celtic black and yellow hoops of a few years ago was horrid. And Hearts blue and white stripes. Hoops and stripes should be banned really.

erin go bragh
29-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Has to be the Maroon turd top 😩horrible team ,support,colour ,,,, oh wait ,, top flight top . The Sheep one is honking 😃

Hibiza
29-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Jamboloids home and away.

Austinho
29-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Hard to see past St Johnstone - the dullest, blandest colour scheme paired with terrible League 1-esque designs, and League 2-esque cheapo sponsors.

Is It On....
29-08-2020, 08:58 PM
The Rangers

The orange one that, like Harthill, pays homage to the Dutch players that have played for them over the years ? 😂

HFC_NYC
29-08-2020, 09:34 PM
If you can get passed the two annoying English twats, here's a video ranking this season's kits. Hibs come out of it very well and Hearts.........not so much.

https://youtu.be/7Ltu7w_lx0o

NOLA
30-08-2020, 12:00 AM
Mangy lions