PDA

View Full Version : NHC European Statement League - hertz competition Bury FC

barcahibs
27-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Looks like hearts, as Scottish Statement League champions will feature some stiff opposition from Bury this year

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/latest-statement-07-08-2020/august/club-update/

As an advocate for positive images of mental health I hesitate to say 'mental'....

But

Mental.

Must admit I don't know much of the background but I would be interested to see exactly what part last night of the proms played in their downfall.

Nakedmanoncrack
27-08-2020, 06:52 PM
Looks like hearts, as Scottish Statement League champions will feature some stiff opposition from Bury this year

As an advocate for positive images of mental health I hesitate to say 'mental'....

But

Mental.

Must admit I don't know much of the background but I would be interested to see exactly what part last night of the proms played in their downfall.

Barking.

Mibbes Aye
27-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Not enough ellipses and exclamation marks for my liking.

Billy Whizz
27-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Jesus not another Bury thread

mjhibby
27-08-2020, 06:58 PM
What the actual ffff,as my son would say, was that rambling incoherent statement all about. Dripping with anger at the world and obviously none of their demise was their fault. Does sounds like some statements I’ve heard before. It will come to me who made them.🤣🤣🤣

Mibbes Aye
27-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Also, I would need to re-read (once my eyes stop bleeding) but I didn’t note the use of the word ‘concomitant’ once, let alone thrice.

Schoolboy error, amateurish etc etc

Irish_Steve
27-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Proms
If the above was not enough, the Suits that wander the corridors of power at the BBC decide that one of our greatest events, which when watching makes you proud to be British of what we were but certainly not at what were at risk of becoming. It would now seem they have determined we can no longer sing rousing songs that bound our once GREAT COUNTRY together, again it seems the moral compass of the few control the many.ITS WRONG

Actually it is, It's Wrong and that goes for the rest of the statement as well - utterly nuts

barcahibs
27-08-2020, 07:13 PM
Also, I would need to re-read (once my eyes stop bleeding) but I didn’t note the use of the word ‘concomitant’ once, let alone thrice.

Schoolboy error, amateurish etc etc

Agreed, while I think Bury can match anyone in random punctuation - and throwing in an attack on the BBC for totally non-football reasons is a tactical masterstroke - it may not be enough.

Using big words out of context is concomitant to success in the statement game at this level and that's where some teams will show their class (or lack of).

Future17
27-08-2020, 07:16 PM
"Finally, in a total unrelated matter" :greengrin

Pretty Boy
27-08-2020, 07:26 PM
WTF?

That's clearly a drunken rant that has ended up on the clubs website. Easy to see why most of their fans appear to be going it alone with a phoenix club.

Mibbes Aye
27-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Agreed, while I think Bury can match anyone in random punctuation - and throwing in an attack on the BBC for totally non-football reasons is a tactical masterstroke - it may not be enough.

Using big words out of context is concomitant to success in the statement game at this level and that's where some teams will show their class (or lack of).

(adopts Alan Hansen accent).....”You don’t write statements with youngsters”

blackpoolhibs
27-08-2020, 07:28 PM
The phoenix club played a game last night against Daisy Hill FC, a club that used to be managed by our very own Boltonhibs.

Until the liniment scandal.

DaveF
27-08-2020, 09:07 PM
I really enjoyed that. Completely off the charts in terms of craziness 😂

I doubt we'll be seeing Bury in the league any time soon 😉

wookie70
27-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Barking.
Exactly the word I was going to use.

hibby rae
27-08-2020, 09:22 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure they understood the meaning of the Voltaire quote!

matty_f
27-08-2020, 09:23 PM
I really enjoyed that. Completely off the charts in terms of craziness 😂

I doubt we'll be seeing Bury in the league any time soon 😉

:agree: about halfway through I had Vicci Pollard’s voice reading it out. Absolutely bonkers.

jacomo
27-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Budge’s numerous claims of offering advice and guidance to other football leaders are mostly fantasy, but I think the moron who wrote this actually took her up on the offer.

Irish_Steve
27-08-2020, 10:02 PM
:agree: about halfway through I had Vicci Pollard’s voice reading it out. Absolutely bonkers.

Not the theme to "Our Tune" then?

Sammy7nil
27-08-2020, 10:26 PM
Does the Budgie do ghost writing 😂

matty_f
27-08-2020, 10:58 PM
Not the theme to "Our Tune" then?

:faf: actually, now you mention it...

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2020, 11:35 PM
Seriously, is it possible someone has accessed the site who shouldn't have access? The terrible grammar and syntax, not to mention the crazy ranting, makes me doubt that's an authentic club statement. It's just bizarre.

Greenfly
28-08-2020, 12:10 AM
Does the Budgie do ghost writing 😂
Going by the grammar, punctuation, spelling, anger and sense of "it's us against the rest of the world" you could well be right. It's not a joint release with Patrick, is it? - the M6 alliance.

Lendo
28-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Holy ****, the Voltaire quote couldn’t have been used in a less correct context if they tried

”It is sad that often in order to be patriot one is the enemy of the rest of mankind. To be a good patriot is to wish that one’s city may be enriched by trade, and be powerful by arms. It is clear that one country cannot gain without another loses, and that it cannot conquer without making misery. Such then is the human state that to wish for one’s country’s greatness is to wish harm to one’s neighbour. He who should wish that his fatherland might never be greater, smaller, richer, poorer would be the citizen of the world.”

Keith_M
28-08-2020, 08:37 AM
I thought the person writing it was barking mad, till I got to this part...

"If the above was not enough, the Suits that wander the corridors of power at the BBC decide that one of our greatest events, which when watching makes you proud to be British of what we were but certainly not at what were at risk of becoming. It would now seem they have determined we can no longer sing rousing songs that bound our once GREAT COUNTRY together, again it seems the moral compass of the few control the many.

ITS WRONG

What’s left to sanction, Hymns or the Bible"

...and at that point, all doubt was gone. Totally barking.

Kato
28-08-2020, 08:43 AM
which when watching makes you proud to be British

That bit had me thinking of Alf Garnett standing to attention whenever God Save The Queen came on the telly. Fruit loops.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Keith_M
28-08-2020, 08:45 AM
That bit had me thinking of Alf Garnett standing to attention whenever God Save The Queen came on the telly. Fruit loops.

Same type of people, to be fair.

:greengrin

hibbyfraelibby
28-08-2020, 09:35 AM

But

Mental.

Got half way through the badly unpunctuated sentence and thought Budgie had escaped the asylum again and gave up.

Peevemor
28-08-2020, 10:10 AM
That's unreadable.

KingPat4
28-08-2020, 10:51 AM
I've messaged them Hearts phone number and told them to ask for Ann. Best statements for angry football club's.

hibsbollah
28-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Never mentioned the War once.
Rank amateurs. It’s the bungalow dwelling, Rover driving, poppy thieves still out in front.

malcolm
28-08-2020, 11:17 AM
Never mentioned the War once.
Rank amateurs. It’s the bungalow dwelling, Rover driving, poppy thieves still out in front.

yes but what are they like in the sartorial stakes, could they match these (https://www.slaters.co.uk/meyer-maroon-sydney-tailored-corduroy-trousers-47892449) which when teamed with a blazer create a classic and timeless look.:wink:

southern hibby
28-08-2020, 11:40 AM
Ann needs to give lessons. AT NO POINT IN THIS STATEMENT WAS HIBS MENTIONED.

Annie, get on the phone and get these amateurs Sorted.

GGTTH

Pagan Hibernia
28-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Hearts clearly need to up their game here or their dominance of the statement league looks in serious jeopardy

hibsbollah
28-08-2020, 12:28 PM
yes but what are they like in the sartorial stakes, could they match these (https://www.slaters.co.uk/meyer-maroon-sydney-tailored-corduroy-trousers-47892449) which when teamed with a blazer create a classic and timeless look.:wink:

Sydney cords. You can’t borrow class :agree:
If Cavalry twill aren’t available you can’t beat the frisson of corduroy against bare varicose vein.

hibsbollah
25-09-2020, 02:56 PM
I’m missing the Hearts statements. Even though their season hasn’t started, you’d think they’d have something to say about something :dunno:

I just read Sadiq Khan stating ‘it beggars belief’. Is he entering the race?

Bostonhibby
25-09-2020, 06:56 PM
I’m missing the Hearts statements. Even though their season hasn’t started, you’d think they’d have something to say about something :dunno:

I just read Sadiq Khan stating ‘it beggars belief’. Is he entering the race?Surely the golf guy who is now in charge has something to say, otherwise what's the point?

Alternatively Mrs doctor Budge is still pedalling the clowns bicycle but there's nothing worth being indignant about as they're actually irrelevant?

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

eezyrider
27-09-2020, 08:41 AM
So, if I've picked this up right, if older pensioners still had a free TV license Bury would be okay?

EZ

Is It On....
27-09-2020, 09:57 AM

I just read Sadiq Khan stating ‘it beggars belief’. Is he entering the race?

All the wonderful mayor does is posture and issue empty statements.

Col2
27-09-2020, 10:11 AM
I reckon a statement is in the pipeline when lower league clubs question if they can start the season (as they might not be able to finish it) and Budge will come out with a mix of the following:-

- world class testing facilities
- reconstruction would have dealt with the pandemic
- yet another anti Hearts agenda
- taking legal advice (possibly quoting estate agent Leslie Deans)
- Anderson’s no strings gift but clearly was all about Hearts helping other clubs
- triple statement from Hearts, Partick and ICT.