PDA

View Full Version : Messi leaving Barca

Monts
25-08-2020, 05:46 PM
Seems he has a clause in his contract allowing him to walk away.

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1298311416848560129?s=19

ScottB
25-08-2020, 05:52 PM
PSG or City? Not sure how many other clubs have pockets deep enough...

Billy Whizz
25-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Don’t think he needs the money

Sir David Gray
25-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Should he replace Horgan or Newell?

danhibees1875
25-08-2020, 05:56 PM

Don't think that matters to a lot of really rich people - can't say either way if that'll be Messi or not though.

Would provide good competition for Boyle.

Greenbeard
25-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Calling Ron Gordon. Come in Ron.

Pretty Boy
25-08-2020, 05:58 PM
He'll stay at Barcelona.

Another year, another 'Messi is definitely leaving' story.

ScottB
25-08-2020, 06:00 PM

Doesn’t need it, but won’t be going anywhere that won’t pay him a couple hundred grand a week.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Great news for Barcelona if he goes. 1.2 million per week off the wage bill. Could get 5/6 real quality players for that to fill out the squad.

As good as he is, they need to spread that money around the squad.

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 06:07 PM
Great news for Barcelona if he goes. 1.2 million per week off the wage bill. Could get 5/6 real quality players for that to fill out the squad.

As good as he is, they need to spread that money around the squad.

I don’t think losing the best player in the world and their heartbeat will be anywhere near great news. Especially when that money can easily be *****ed as it has been before.

AugustaHibs
25-08-2020, 06:07 PM
He'll stay at Barcelona.

Nah this seems very very different. Carles Puyol just tweeted thanking him for what he’s done for the club

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 06:08 PM

City if Pep signs a new contract.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 06:08 PM
I don’t think losing the best player in the world and their heartbeat will be anywhere near great news. Especially when that money can easily be *****ed as it has been before.

It will long term. Get rid of him, Suarez, Busquets and Pique, thats over 2 million per week to put to younger, hungrier players who will take them forward.

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 06:11 PM
It will long term. Get rid of him, Suarez, Busquets and Pique, thats over 2 million per week to put to younger, hungrier players who will take them forward.

Huge risk if they don’t get the correct players.

Since452
25-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Aberdeen will probably beat us to him

Sammy7nil
25-08-2020, 06:14 PM

Messi merchandise probably makes Barca a fortune they won’t be saving a lot when he is gone. There is also a lot can go wrong signing “young hungry” players.

Vault Boy
25-08-2020, 06:15 PM

Yeah I get MW's wider point about shifting the old guard, but you can't accurately describe losing the (arguably) best player of all time for free as 'great'.

Very interested to see where he ends up, hope it's the EPL.

The Count
25-08-2020, 06:16 PM
Jambos all day long expect a statement soon from Budge if she has even heard of him.

Nicho87
25-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Cue delusional Celtic fans thinking he wants to have European nights at paradise due to atmosphere....

jonty
25-08-2020, 06:19 PM

I wouldnt bet against him going to the states. Depends how hungry he is.

MagicSwirlingShip
25-08-2020, 06:21 PM
Can’t see him in the English Prem. Paris would be my bet

The Modfather
25-08-2020, 06:21 PM
I still think he’ll stay, and hope he does. Do wonder if he’d go to Juve and play with Ronaldo though.

Sylar
25-08-2020, 06:23 PM
It would be the death-knell for Barca if he leaves, and the start of a total rebuild. They didn't suffer when Ronaldinho, Villa, Xavi, Iniesta or Puyol moved on, because they had been nurturing/recruiting the next generation to replace them in the knowledge that they were ending their Barcelona careers. I can't see anyone in the current squad who has anywhere near the calibre that Barcelona have had over the past few decades, and some of their recent acquisitions have been genuinely puzzling in how badly they've failed to make the grade.

I feel truly honoured to have seen this Barcelona squad at their peak about 10 years ago - they were totally unplayable. They looked a drawn shadow of that side against Bayern recently, and it's no surprise that Messi doesn't want his legacy tarnished by the slipping standards at the Nou Camp. I just hope he lands somewhere other than the EPL - Inter, Dortmund, possibly Lyon - challenging the respective financial behemoths in each league. Far too many overpriced players in the EPL that would relish the chance to kick lumps out of him.

MWHIBBIES
Messi merchandise probably makes Barca a fortune they won’t be saving a lot when he is gone. There is also a lot can go wrong signing “young hungry” players.

Of course its a risk but they have to change something to move forward. Real Madrid not exactly in shambles without Ronaldo.

Lago
He'll stay at Barcelona.

Kind of agree, 33years old where's he going to go in the twilight of his career.

hibbysam
25-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Of course its a risk but they have to change something to move forward. Real Madrid not exactly in shambles without Ronaldo.

They were still very poor. Just that Barca were even worse after the restart, coupled with horrendous luck with decisions.

HoboHarry
25-08-2020, 06:25 PM
Well if we don't sign him RG can GTF.........

Iain G
25-08-2020, 06:26 PM

Another Messi transfer saga for us then...

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 06:27 PM
They were still very poor. Just that Barca were even worse after the restart, coupled with horrendous luck with decisions.

Disagree. Real are a good side with some really brilliant young players. They are taking really positive steps to take themselves to the top again.

MagicSwirlingShip
25-08-2020, 06:27 PM
Kind of agree, 33years old where's he going to go in the twilight of his career.

Would have his pick of any club he wanted.

33 La Liga starts, 25 goals, 21 assists this past season. He’s plenty left to give

04Sauzee
25-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Carles Puyal tweets

Respeto y admiración, Leo. Todo mi apoyo, amigo.

Hibernia&Alba
25-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Inter is the rumour. Just bought a house near their training ground by all accounts.

nonshinyfinish
It would be the death-knell for Barca if he leaves, and the start of a total rebuild. They didn't suffer when Ronaldinho, Villa, Xavi, Iniesta or Puyol moved on, because they had been nurturing/recruiting the next generation to replace them in the knowledge that they were ending their Barcelona careers. I can't see anyone in the current squad who has anywhere near the calibre that Barcelona have had over the past few decades, and some of their recent acquisitions have been genuinely puzzling in how badly they've failed to make the grade.

I feel truly honoured to have seen this Barcelona squad at their peak about 10 years ago - they were totally unplayable. They looked a drawn shadow of that side against Bayern recently, and it's no surprise that Messi doesn't want his legacy tarnished by the slipping standards at the Nou Camp. I just hope he lands somewhere other than the EPL - Inter, Dortmund, possibly Lyon - challenging the respective financial behemoths in each league. Far too many overpriced players in the EPL that would relish the chance to kick lumps out of him.

It's true of the earlier players, but I would say the failure to replace Xavi and Iniesta properly was the start of the decline to where they are now.

Sammy7nil
I wouldnt bet against him going to the states. Depends how hungry he is.

They do a good 🍔 but surely food won’t be his main concern 😟😁

AugustaHibs
25-08-2020, 06:36 PM
Luis Suarez has now just tweeted his support for messi’s decision. People still doubt he’ll leave?

Sir David Gray
25-08-2020, 06:37 PM
Luis Suarez has now just tweeted his support for messi’s decision. People still doubt he’ll leave?

Where about? His last tweet I can see was 7th August.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 06:38 PM

They suffered significantly when Xavi and Iniesta moved on. Never replaced them at all.

HoboHarry
25-08-2020, 06:39 PM
They suffered significantly when Xavi and Iniesta moved on. Never replaced them at all.
In fairness it was damn near impossible to replace that pair.

Hibs90
25-08-2020, 06:41 PM
He will end up at City, PSG or back home in Argentina probably

Hibernia&Alba
25-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Man City currently bookies favourites at 2/1. Please naw.

Willis1875
25-08-2020, 06:45 PM
Juve are trying to shift Aaron Ramsay and his reported 500k a week wages off the books.... Imagine that

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 06:46 PM
In fairness it was damn near impossible to replace that pair.

They had Thiago, though. He was the ideal player to fit in when Xavi was aging. They didn't trust him and he left.

Losing him along with numerous other quality la masia products recently (Onana, Icardi, Grimaldo, Eric Garcia, Dani Olmo, Bellerin) has left them with a poor, aging squad. They've had pretty much zero faith in the youth team for years now.

Ozyhibby
25-08-2020, 06:46 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/9b0e09a0dbeaed75df52d976047e3605.jpg

When did he send the fax? 1993?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sylar
25-08-2020, 06:48 PM

While I'd agree with another poster above that it was probably the marked point when the decline started, to say they 'significantly suffered' would be a stretch - since 2015, they went on to win the league and cup double 3 consecutive years in a row after Xavi left. They also won the league the year after Iniesta left, and have continued to be a force in Europe (albeit, nowhere near the force they were when they last won it in Xavi's final year).

They've never replaced either player (unsurprisingly), but there's been enough quality in their squad to make it work. Similar to Xavi and Iniesta, there's not a player in the world can ever replace Messi.

we are hibs
25-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Best player ever imo. I would love to see him in the same team as Ronaldo.

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi in 2010-11 was frightening. The best one touch football ive ever seen.

weedgiehibbie
25-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Can him and Allan play in the same side? :greengrin if he goes very interesting to see where he ends up. I think Figo was talking recently about switching from Barca to Real was - off the pitch anyway - a hassle - maybe not the best term used :greengrin

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 06:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/9b0e09a0dbeaed75df52d976047e3605.jpg

When did he send the fax? 1993?

I don’t think it was actually Messi shouting at the Missus for his glasses as he’s trying to work out the Brother 1998 fax Machine sending a scribbled bit of paper over 🤣

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 06:51 PM
Best player ever imo. I would love to see him in the same team as Ronaldo.

Messi, Iniesta and Xavi in 2010-11 was frightening. The best one touch football ive ever seen.

It would be nice but the reality would it would be for one of the Arab franchises.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 06:52 PM
While I'd agree with another poster above that it was probably the marked point when the decline started, to say they 'significantly suffered' would be a stretch - since 2015, they went on to win the league and cup double 3 consecutive years in a row after Xavi left. They also won the league the year after Iniesta left, and have continued to be a force in Europe (albeit, nowhere near the force they were when they last won it in Xavi's final year).

They've never replaced either player (unsurprisingly), but there's been enough quality in their squad to make it work. Similar to Xavi and Iniesta, there's not a player in the world can ever replace Messi.

They won domestically with Messi, Neymar and Suarez carrying them. I don't think its a stretch when they go from 3 CLs in 6 years to 0 in the next 5 years despite spending mad amounts of money to say they suffered significantly.

Real went from 1 CL in 12 years to 3 in the 5 since Xavi left. Power has swung a bit.

LustForLeith
25-08-2020, 06:54 PM
I’m sure I read that Barca are 700 million in debt and 70 per cent of what they spend is on wages. Something crazy like that

AugustaHibs
Where about? His last tweet I can see was 7th August.

If you click on his tweets and replies it’s in response to puyols tweet

SteveHFC
He’ll end up back in Argentina.

Renfrew_Hibby
25-08-2020, 07:11 PM
He's always said he'd love a crack at the Premiership so that would mean City and a reunion with Pep.
However at 33 I'm not too sure that will happen now.

Messi has always said that he wants to end his career at Newells OB in Rosario, his families club, but I can see him may be doing something like a 6 month stint there when he's 37 or 38 so where does he go then?

I think Inter is the shout as there have been rumours of house viewing in the area, add to that, Inter are slowly building a very good team and they will almost certainly be the ones who eventually dislodge Juve at the top of the Italian football tree.

Inter also have Javier Zanetti as club president, who is thee most respected and admired Argentine player of the last 20/30 years, a godfather like figure to Lionel.

Of course there is always the outside chance he ends up in China or Qatar, earning £1M per game, but I hope not.

neil7908
25-08-2020, 07:15 PM
He's always said he'd love a crack at the Premiership so that would mean City and a reunion with Pep.

Messi has always said that he wants to end his career at Newells OB in Rosario, his families club, but I can see him may be doing something like a 6 month stint there when he's 37 or 38 so where does he go then?

I think Inter is the shout as there have been rumours of house viewing in the area, add to that, Inter are slowly building a very good team and they will almost certainly be the ones who eventually dislodge Juve at the top of the Italian football tree.

Inter also have Javier Zanetti as club president, who is thee most respected and admired Argentine player of the last 20/30 years, a godfather like figure to Lionel.

Of course there is always the outside chance he ends up in China or Qatar, earning a, £1M per game, but I hope not.

I'm guessing PSG. Him and Neymar are friends and now they've reached the final and just missed out that might give him confidence he could win the CL again.

I think that's his goal here. Not league titles but the Champions League. That's the one thing he's not added to his medals collection for years now.

Can't see Inter winning it anytime soon, even if they are improving.

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 07:18 PM

Of course there is always the outside chance he ends up in China or Qatar, earning £1M per game, but I hope not.

Said recently he doesn't want to go back Newalls because he and his family wouldn't be safe.

Ozyhibby
25-08-2020, 07:25 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/20c83e2796bf7630c6b7a89eccdcf27c.jpg
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Since452
25-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Always wanted to see him away from his Barca comfort zone. Ranaldo has proved himself the best in every league he's played in. Wonder if Messi would do the same

Sir David Gray
25-08-2020, 07:38 PM
If you click on his tweets and replies it’s in response to puyols tweet

:aok: Seen it now.

Mon Dieu4
25-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Always wanted to see him away from his Barca comfort zone. Ranaldo has proved himself the best in every league he's played in. Wonder if Messi would do the same

Wondered how long it would take for someone to come out with something like this, like when pundits were speculating if Zlatan could do it in England

Tomsk
25-08-2020, 07:50 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200825/20c83e2796bf7630c6b7a89eccdcf27c.jpg
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Got to be a wind-up. :greengrin

Tomsk
25-08-2020, 07:52 PM
Wondered how long it would take for someone to come out with something like this, like when pundits were speculating if Zlatan could do it in England

Ronaldo wasn't the best in Spain. Messi was.

In fact I'm not even sure he was best in England.

Vault Boy
25-08-2020, 07:56 PM
Got to be a wind-up. :greengrin

Yeah it's OldfirmFacts from twitter. Great account, plus he baits a lot of Celtic/Rangers das with his articles - what's not to love? :greengrin

Mon Dieu4
25-08-2020, 07:58 PM
Ronaldo wasn't the best in Spain. Messi was.

In fact I'm not even sure he was best in England.

Kinda the point I was making, Messi will and would have been a superstar in any league he chooses to play in, he has nothing to prove to anyone

Is It On....
25-08-2020, 08:06 PM

😂

The Spaceman
25-08-2020, 08:15 PM
Most naturally gifted player of all time and probably the greatest.

It is a real shame he is leaving Barcelona, as being a one-club man at one of the greatest clubs in the world (being their greatest ever player over that time) would have been a nice story.

Same time though, it was heartbreaking watching his team get man-handled by Bayern and it has been widely reported that Messi and Ter Stegen have been the only worthy players for Barca this season. He won't want his legacy tarnished and by going to a genuinely top quality team he can shine again one last time (like Ronaldo is at Juve).

As long as he doesn't end up at PSG. Personal preference is Juve or City - would love to see him in with that quality.

HoboHarry
25-08-2020, 08:23 PM
Could be a court case coming up going by this article....

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/53911105

JimBHibees
25-08-2020, 08:26 PM

Younger hungrier players like Dembele and Coutinho. :greengrin

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 08:31 PM
Younger hungrier players like Dembele and Coutinho. :greengrin

Yeah, it would require a new board in place to make some proper decisions.

On paper, Coutinho was an excellent signing though. The 18 months before joining Barcelona he was absolutely exceptional.

04Sauzee
25-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Rumours that the Barcelona president has resigned, one media outlet reporting it, others reporting he's considering it

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Swap for Hickey with Hearts getting a sell on clause.

Hibs90
25-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Rumours that the Barcelona president has resigned, one media outlet reporting it, others reporting he's considering it

Maybe Messi requesting to leave was just a threat to get the president away

Carheenlea
25-08-2020, 10:13 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Yq964mSJ/9-D6775-D3-31-FA-4-B84-A8-BE-B80-BA90-F8-A0-F.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

SRHibs
25-08-2020, 10:52 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Yq964mSJ/9-D6775-D3-31-FA-4-B84-A8-BE-B80-BA90-F8-A0-F.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

33 year old CL winner. It's written in the stars.

vercol36
25-08-2020, 10:59 PM
So what exactly is it that's gone wrong with the famous Barcelona youth system? Not something I keep track off, but seems to have gone astray

jacomo
26-08-2020, 03:05 AM

Messi is 33. Long term they need to plan without him anyhow.

This is an utter humiliation for Barca, like they are back to the mess they were 15 years ago. Messi was destined to be the most famous and most talented one club player (professional appearances at least) and they’ve ****ed it up.

jacomo
26-08-2020, 03:06 AM
So what exactly is it that's gone wrong with the famous Barcelona youth system? Not something I keep track off, but seems to have gone astray

Indeed, good point.

Steve20
26-08-2020, 04:59 AM

This argument is used by people who try and downplay Messi’s achievements. There’s nothing wrong with staying at a club like Barca for your entire career. Ronaldo moving from club to club doesn’t make him a better player. Messi has done it in the champions league against the English clubs. He doesn’t need to come to the EPL to score against West Brom and Aston Villa for people to know he’s the best in the world.

Anyway, in his 6 seasons in England, Ronaldo was the best player the last two and no more than that.
In Spain, he was never the best player in that league.

hibsbollah
26-08-2020, 06:52 AM
So next landing spot?

Inter?
Man City?
PSG?
Chelsea?
MLS?

For a man who is clearly obsessed with his legacy, it would be great if he went to a club below the very top tier (someone like Napoli or Dortmund) and tried to win something there. In my eyes that would cement him as the greatest ever.

JimBHibees
26-08-2020, 06:57 AM
Maybe Messi requesting to leave was just a threat to get the president away

Absolutely wouldn't rule out that being the case. The politics at that club is very odd and has been for years think one of the main reason Pep left.

hibsbollah
26-08-2020, 07:01 AM
Absolutely wouldn't rule out that being the case. The politics at that club is very odd and has been for years think one of the main reason Pep left.

It’s very weird how the Barça world revolves around the election of a new president. Koeman is on a two year deal but it’s understood by all parties it’s really a max one year deal because when the new president is elected next year he’ll have his own coach and DOF ready to take over. How you can run a club in that environment of constant flux I have no idea...

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2020, 07:03 AM
Who sends a fax nowadays? LOL

Since452
26-08-2020, 07:04 AM

What's a fax?

JimBHibees
26-08-2020, 07:06 AM
It’s very weird how the Barça world revolves around the election of a new president. Koeman is on a two year deal but it’s understood by all parties it’s really a max one year deal because when the new president is elected next year he’ll have his own coach and DOF ready to take over. How you can run a club in that environment of constant flux I have no idea...

Yep absolutely bizarre and hugely divisive with coaches and players sometimes backing different horses in the race makes no sense at all.

FilipinoHibs
26-08-2020, 07:17 AM
Would have his pick of any club he wanted.

33 La Liga starts, 25 goals, 21 assists this past season. He’s plenty left to give

Would be great to see in the EPL with a decent motivated team and manager around him. While quite not at his peak, we would finally be able to put to bed the Messi vs Ronaldo debate. His buyout clause is €700 million, so another cut in pensions for the citizens of the UAE

nonshinyfinish
26-08-2020, 07:35 AM

Around 2005 I had a summer job at a mortgage company and a lot of it involved standing over the fax machine, on the phone to the recipient going "Have you got it yet? How about now? Hang on, I'll send it again."

That was mostly for sending contracts and related stuff back and forward on the day house sales were completing – it was time sensitive so post was no good, but apparently a fax has greater legal status than an email. I don't know if that's still the case now (or if it's the case in Spain), but it might be the reason fax was used here.

Moulin Yarns
26-08-2020, 07:45 AM
Hibs just mentioned on BBC breakfast in relation to Messi.

Andy Murray was asked for his opinion and the sports reporter then said that Andy is of course a Hibs fan and what if Messi was playing on a cold wet night in November at Easter Road 🤔😁

The 90+2
26-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Around 2005 I had a summer job at a mortgage company and a lot of it involved standing over the fax machine, on the phone to the recipient going "Have you got it yet? How about now? Hang on, I'll send it again."

That was mostly for sending contracts and related stuff back and forward on the day house sales were completing – it was time sensitive so post was no good, but apparently a fax has greater legal status than an email. I don't know if that's still the case now (or if it's the case in Spain), but it might be the reason fax was used here.

Just think, if they used fax Dundee’s vote might have went through 👍

Pretty Boy
26-08-2020, 08:00 AM
Yep absolutely bizarre and hugely divisive with coaches and players sometimes backing different horses in the race makes no sense at all.

It's not really a huge anomaly in Spain. Real Madrid, Osasuna and Athletic Bilbao along with Barcelona are all member clubs (socios) and hold regular elections. Until 1992 it was the norm before the government intervened and essentially forced clubs to move to a PLC model. The 4 clubs mentioned met the stated criteria for exemption and chose to retain tradition.

It's obviously not without it's issues around continuity and it inevitably becomes about egos and who has the money to finance a campaign. However it does give fans a level of power. If, as an example, Aberdeen fans turn against Dave Cormack they are essentially powerless to remove him without either stumping up huge amounts of money or harming their club. Barcelona and Real Madrid fans can simply become a member and vote for a different candidate.

Keith_M
26-08-2020, 08:01 AM

He didn't really need the millions he tried to cheat on his taxes, but he cheated all the same.

Never underestimate some people's greed.

JimBHibees
26-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Would be great to see in the EPL with a decent motivated team and manager around him. While quite not at his peak, we would finally be able to put to bed the Messi vs Ronaldo debate. His buyout clause is €700 million, so another cut in pensions for the citizens of the UAE

Don't think there is a debate and your example wouldn't prove it either.

calumhibee1
26-08-2020, 08:32 AM

I don’t think it has greater legal status anymore. I was the same when I started my work in 2008, loads of time standing over a fax machine cursing out all the double feeds etc. We changed to email not long after.

calumhibee1
26-08-2020, 08:39 AM
The guy that broke the story about Neymar going to PSG and Messi wanting to leave has said Messi wants to go to Man City.

grunt
26-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Hibs just mentioned on BBC breakfast in relation to Messi.

Andy Murray was asked for his opinion and the sports reporter then said that Andy is of course a Hibs fan and what if Messi was playing on a cold wet night in November at Easter Road 🤔😁https://twitter.com/TennisTV/status/1298542209097244672

Heisenberg
26-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Andy Murray reckons he’s coming here 😂

https://twitter.com/tennistv/status/1298542209097244672?s=21

Since452
26-08-2020, 09:09 AM
https://twitter.com/TennisTV/status/1298542209097244672

That's brilliant haha

The 90+2
26-08-2020, 09:28 AM
😂😂😂

Killiehibbie
26-08-2020, 09:59 AM
What's a fax?

I remember being asked that when they were new.

jacomo
26-08-2020, 10:22 AM
andy murray reckons he’s coming here 😂

https://twitter.com/tennistv/status/1298542209097244672?s=21

fulfil your destiny, lionel.

Irish_Steve
26-08-2020, 11:03 AM
What's a fax?

Isn't it something to do with the fact that you can literally sign the piece of paper going through the fax machine and it's not a digital signature?

Killiehibbie
26-08-2020, 11:17 AM
Isn't it something to do with the fact that you can literally sign the piece of paper going through the fax machine and it's not a digital signature?

Still used for that reason in some countries that don't legally recognise digital signatures.

ScottB
26-08-2020, 11:35 AM
It wasn’t a fax, a burofax is different, and used for legal docs in Spain.

Northernhibee
26-08-2020, 11:36 AM
fulfil your destiny, lionel.

Then you'd have to drop Mallan or Doidge and I don't see that happening.

My old man
26-08-2020, 04:40 PM
Then you'd have to drop Mallan or Doidge and I don't see that happening.

And Boyler has just signed an extension so he’s Nae chance of starting

unlucky Lionel

Aberdeen will try and hi jack it anyways

GGTTH

Broken Gnome
26-08-2020, 05:21 PM
https://twitter.com/TennisTV/status/1298542209097244672

That's been viewed about 284k times now. With that and Boyle, very good PR day for Hibs.

Mibbes Aye
26-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Just been watching the BBC 6pm news and they ran a story on Messi requesting to be freed.

They had a couple of 'talking heads' segments and the second one was Andy Murray.

That can in no way be coincidental, Ithink Ron or Leanne is sending a message to us.

Welcome to ER Lionel!

Keith_M
26-08-2020, 05:40 PM
Just been watching the BBC 6pm news and they ran a story on Messi requesting to be freed.

They had a couple of 'talking heads' segments and the second one was Andy Murray.

That can in no way be coincidental, Ithink Ron or Leanne is sending a message to us.

Welcome to ER Lionel!

Craig Levein is his agent, so we've got no chance.

Mibbes Aye
26-08-2020, 05:44 PM
Craig Levein is his agent, so we've got no chance.

Probably, but I'm emailing Messi a hyperlink to the Lothian Buses 26 timetable, more in hope than expectation.

EDIT: ****, just realised I should have faxed it instead.

A Hi-Bee
26-08-2020, 06:43 PM
That's been viewed about 284k times now. With that and Boyle, very good PR day for Hibs.

Ha,ha its ****in brilliant and now up around 308k great PR for Hibs pushed by Andy.
:greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-08-2020, 07:21 PM
For anyone daft enough Bet Victor are offering 1000/1 for Hibs to be his next club.

The_Exile
26-08-2020, 07:27 PM
1000/1? If we all put a tenner on it, we can pay his first 3 days wages.

Billy Whizz
26-08-2020, 07:52 PM
1000/1? If we all put a tenner on it, we can pay his first 3 days wages.

His wages before bonus is €164,000 per day

Sir David Gray
26-08-2020, 08:14 PM
For anyone daft enough Bet Victor are offering 1000/1 for Hibs to be his next club.

That should be about 10000000000000000000/1.

Mibbes Aye
26-08-2020, 08:18 PM
His wages before bonus is €164,000 per day

Problem is we could probably recoup it in lettering on the back of the shirt if he had a name like Azpulicutea, Maitland-Niles or Zubizarreta.

Hopefully Graeme Mathie makes sure the recruitment approach includes a change of name by deed poll. Rod is meant to be impartial now but I am sure he would give a bit of off-the-record advice on these things. I heard that Yannick Zambernardi’s original name was Davie Smith.

I would also be expecting a recurring sell-on fee when Messi invariably slips down the Scottish pyramid, division by division. He has to recognise that while he wants to keep playing football, his body can’t keep up with his ambition.

Hibs90
26-08-2020, 09:11 PM
164k a day in wages?

Can we give him a one day contract for the semi final? Just for a laugh?

Haymaker
27-08-2020, 12:32 AM
:hyper

SteveHFC
27-08-2020, 12:37 AM
:hyper

Messi and Leigh playing together :hyper.

Haymaker
27-08-2020, 12:44 AM
Messi and Leigh playing together :hyper.

Boyle, Messi, Allan, Doidge and Nisbet.

The new famous five! :hyper

Mibbes Aye
27-08-2020, 07:03 PM
SSN reporting that Man City are front-runners.

We beat them to Paul McGinn and Gogic, you can’t win them all I guess.

IWasThere2016
27-08-2020, 07:56 PM
As a MCFC member I cannot play this is likely to happen. I've seen Messi at the Etihad and the Camp Nou - he is a joy to behold. Really excited at the prospect of him joining City!

3pm
27-08-2020, 08:37 PM
As a MCFC member I cannot play this is likely to happen. I've seen Messi at the Etihad and the Camp Nou - he is a joy to behold. Really excited at the prospect of him joining City!

Changed days from when you watched them against Gillingham back in the 90s eh? 👀

HoboHarry
27-08-2020, 08:57 PM
Changed days from when you watched them against Gillingham back in the 90s eh? 👀
Hey now, be nice........ :greengrin

The 90+2
27-08-2020, 09:05 PM

Paul Dickov is still their biggest legend. Pete can’t even come on and defend 🤣

Hibernia&Alba
27-08-2020, 11:55 PM
I will be scunnered if he joins City, but there has to be a possibility. Of course there's Pep, plus the fact City are one of only a handful of clubs who can afford his wages.

DH1875
04-09-2020, 01:07 PM
Some reports in Spain/Argentina now saying he is gonna stay at Barca. Surprise, surprise.

04Sauzee
04-09-2020, 01:09 PM
Some reports in Spain/Argentina now saying he is gonna stay at Barca. Surprise, surprise.

Thought his dad/agent has just come out and said he is available to leave for nothing.

Although he looks like he's staying

HoboHarry
04-09-2020, 01:13 PM
There's a shocker. No idea what he negotiated but I said from the first minute he was using Man City to further his own interests....

jacomo
04-09-2020, 01:15 PM

The lawyers have got involved. Messi might be keen to move but he’s not gonna pay £200m out of his own pocket to do so.

Also, he’s upset that his dream move to Hibs has broken down.

HendoDelivered
04-09-2020, 01:56 PM
He will go nowhere IMO. Seems like a big publicity stunt for a better deal or something.

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 02:05 PM
He will leave next year. Pull a Bale next season 😄

DH1875
04-09-2020, 04:03 PM
That's it confirmed. He is staying.

hibsbollah
04-09-2020, 04:19 PM

Such an attention seeker.

Vault Boy
04-09-2020, 04:21 PM
He will go nowhere IMO. Seems like a big publicity stunt for a better deal or something.

Really don't think it was this time. Seems like he's misunderstood a clause in his contract and genuinely wanted to leave, but now has no way out.

Wonder how he'll perform next season now that he's made it very clear he's there against his will.

Pretty Boy
04-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Well I'm stunned. No one could have predicted this would happen.

Chuck Rhoades
04-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Really don't think it was this time. Seems like he's misunderstood a clause in his contract and genuinely wanted to leave, but now has no way out.

Wonder how he'll perform next season now that he's made it very clear he's there against his will.

Confirmed he’s staying.

Sir David Gray
04-09-2020, 04:25 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54032101

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 04:27 PM

Golf first then Argentina....🤔

Andy74
04-09-2020, 04:37 PM
I’m sure the City fans will be relieved that they won’t be signing an ageing winger with no sell on value.

blackpoolhibs
04-09-2020, 04:40 PM
I’m sure the City fans will be relieved that they won’t be signing an ageing winger with no sell on value.

Hibernia&Alba
04-09-2020, 04:43 PM
Staying, but isn't happy about it, which could mean the problem just rumbles on. When is he eligible to leave for free?

Sir David Gray
04-09-2020, 04:48 PM
Staying, but isn't happy about it, which could mean the problem just rumbles on. When is he eligible to leave for free?

Presumably June next year.

Not sure it makes much sense to be honest. Barcelona will have an unhappy player on their hands for another 9 months, meanwhile paying him megabucks, they don't stand a chance of a club triggering the release clause and will likely lose him for free next summer.

neil7908
04-09-2020, 05:16 PM

Have to say I don't have a lot of time for him. There was a lot of chat about him running the club, holding too much power etc. And now he throws the toys out of the pram, only to back down when he realises he can't leave. Not only that, he backs down by talking about his love for Barca, even though he just tried to leave and has blown any hope of rebuilding the dressing room for the new manager.

Ronaldo has been described as petulant but when he left Real Madrid it was in the right manner.

Messi has turned into a liability for Barca. He is truly bigger than the club, and no matter how good the player is, that can't be a positive thing.

MWHIBBIES
04-09-2020, 05:19 PM
Have to say I don't have a lot of time for him. There was a lot of chat about him running the club, holding too much power etc. And now he throws the toys out of the pram, only to back down when he realises he can't leave. Not only that, he backs down by talking about his love for Barca, even though he just tried to leave and has blown any hope of rebuilding the dressing room for the new manager.

Ronaldo has been described as petulant but when he left Real Madrid it was in the right manner.

Messi has turned into a liability for Barca. He is truly bigger than the club, and no matter how good the player is, that can't be a positive thing.

He hasn't really backed down. Absolutely destroyed the president.

Radium
04-09-2020, 06:05 PM
“I WASN’T HAPPY, I WANTED TO LEAVE. I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED AND I WILL STAY AT THE CLUB TO NOT GET INTO A LEGAL DISPUTE. THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CLUB LED BY BARTOMEU IS A DISASTER.

“I WOULD NEVER TAKE THE CLUB OF MY LIFE TO COURT. THAT IS WHY I’M STAYING. I WILL CONTINUE AT AT BARCELONA AND MY ATTITUDE WILL NOT CHANGE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I HAVE WANTED TO LEAVE.

THE TRUTH IS THAT THERE IS NO PROJECT AT THIS CLUB. THEY JUST PLUG HOLES AS AND WHEN THINGS HAPPEN. I WOULD NEVER GO FOR A WAR AGAINST THE CLUB OF MY LIFE. THAT’S WHY I’M STAYING.

“I HAVE BEEN TELLING BARTOMEU ALL YEAR THAT I WANT TO LEAVE. I TOLD TO THE CLUB, TO THE PRESIDENT IN PARTICULAR, THAT I WANTED TO LEAVE. THEY KNOW THIS SINCE THE START OF THE PAST SEASON. I TOLD THEM DURING ALL LAST 12 MONTHS. BUT I WILL STAY HERE BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO START A LEGAL WAR.”

“I BELIEVED THAT THE CLUB NEEDED NEW AND YOUNG PLAYERS, AND I BELIEVED MY TIME HERE WAS OVER. I REALLY FELT VERY SORRY BECAUSE I ALWAYS SAID THAT I WANTED TO END MY CAREER HERE. IT WAS A DIFFICULT YEAR. I SUFFERED A LOT IN TRAINING AND MATCHES AND IN THE DRESSING ROOM.

“WHEN I TOLD MY FAMILY THAT I WANTED TO LEAVE BARCELONA, EVERYONE STARTED CRYING. THIAGO WAS CRYING BECAUSE HE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE. I KEPT TELLING HIM THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT. I LOVE BARCELONA AND I’M NOT GOING TO FIND A BETTER PLACE THAN HERE ANYWHERE. STILL, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE. I WAS GOING TO LOOK FOR NEW GOALS AND NEW CHALLENGES. AND TOMORROW I COULD GO BACK, BECAUSE HERE IN BARCELONA I HAVE EVERYTHING.

“THE TRUTH IS THAT I DECIDED TO STAY BECAUSE I PUT THIS CLUB BEFORE EVERYTHING ELSE. BARTOMEU ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT I CAN DECIDE MY FUTURE AT THE END OF EACH SEASON. BUT HE HASN’T KEPT HIS WORD. NOW HE’S SAYING I HAD TO COMMUNICATE IT BY 10TH JUNE. AT THAT TIME, WE WERE STILL COMPETING FOR LA LIGA, IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC.

“BARÇA GAVE ME EVERYTHING AND I GAVE IT EVERYTHING. I KNOW THAT IT NEVER CROSSED MY MIND TO TAKE BARÇA TO COURT. MY SON, MY FAMILY, THEY GREW UP HERE AND ARE FROM HERE. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WANTING TO LEAVE. I NEEDED IT, THE CLUB NEEDED IT AND IT WAS GOOD FOR EVERYONE. MY WIFE, WITH ALL THE PAIN OF HER SOUL, SUPPORTED AND ACCOMPANIED ME.

“EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT I CAN MAKE MORE MONEY ELSEWHERE, BUT MONEY IS NOT MY GOAL. IT HURT ME WHEN MY LOVE FOR THIS CLUB WAS QUESTIONED. MY LOVE FOR BARCA WILL NEVER CHANGE. I FEEL HURT BY THINGS THAT I HEARD FROM PEOPLE, FROM JOURNALISM, FROM PEOPLE QUESTIONING MY LOVE FOR MY CLUB. IT ALSO HELPED ME TO SEE WHO IS WHO. THERE ARE MANY VERY FALSE PEOPLE. IT DOESN’T MATTER WHEN I LEAVE OR FOR HOW LONG I STAY; MY LOVE FOR BARÇA IS EVERLASTING.

“THE DECISION I HAD MADE WAS VERY DIFFICULT, BUT IT WASN’T A RESULT OF THE MATCH AGAINST BAYERN. THERE WERE MANY FACTORS. I SAID BEFORE THAT I WANT TO RETIRE HERE, BUT THERE IS NO PROJECT TO WIN TITLES AND TROPHIES.”

https://mundoalbiceleste.com/2020/09/04/lionel-messi-confirms-barcelona-stay-states-he-wanted-to-leave-full-statement/

The 90+2
04-09-2020, 06:12 PM
arab sheikh to buy Getafe and football turnaround completed.

Diclonius
04-09-2020, 06:22 PM
“I WASN’T HAPPY, I WANTED TO LEAVE. I HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED AND I WILL STAY AT THE CLUB TO NOT GET INTO A LEGAL DISPUTE. THE MANAGEMENT OF THE CLUB LED BY BARTOMEU IS A DISASTER.

“I WOULD NEVER TAKE THE CLUB OF MY LIFE TO COURT. THAT IS WHY I’M STAYING. I WILL CONTINUE AT AT BARCELONA AND MY ATTITUDE WILL NOT CHANGE, NO MATTER HOW MUCH I HAVE WANTED TO LEAVE.

THE TRUTH IS THAT THERE IS NO PROJECT AT THIS CLUB. THEY JUST PLUG HOLES AS AND WHEN THINGS HAPPEN. I WOULD NEVER GO FOR A WAR AGAINST THE CLUB OF MY LIFE. THAT’S WHY I’M STAYING.

“I HAVE BEEN TELLING BARTOMEU ALL YEAR THAT I WANT TO LEAVE. I TOLD TO THE CLUB, TO THE PRESIDENT IN PARTICULAR, THAT I WANTED TO LEAVE. THEY KNOW THIS SINCE THE START OF THE PAST SEASON. I TOLD THEM DURING ALL LAST 12 MONTHS. BUT I WILL STAY HERE BECAUSE I DON’T WANT TO START A LEGAL WAR.”

“I BELIEVED THAT THE CLUB NEEDED NEW AND YOUNG PLAYERS, AND I BELIEVED MY TIME HERE WAS OVER. I REALLY FELT VERY SORRY BECAUSE I ALWAYS SAID THAT I WANTED TO END MY CAREER HERE. IT WAS A DIFFICULT YEAR. I SUFFERED A LOT IN TRAINING AND MATCHES AND IN THE DRESSING ROOM.

“WHEN I TOLD MY FAMILY THAT I WANTED TO LEAVE BARCELONA, EVERYONE STARTED CRYING. THIAGO WAS CRYING BECAUSE HE DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE. I KEPT TELLING HIM THAT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT. I LOVE BARCELONA AND I’M NOT GOING TO FIND A BETTER PLACE THAN HERE ANYWHERE. STILL, I HAVE THE RIGHT TO DECIDE. I WAS GOING TO LOOK FOR NEW GOALS AND NEW CHALLENGES. AND TOMORROW I COULD GO BACK, BECAUSE HERE IN BARCELONA I HAVE EVERYTHING.

“THE TRUTH IS THAT I DECIDED TO STAY BECAUSE I PUT THIS CLUB BEFORE EVERYTHING ELSE. BARTOMEU ALWAYS TOLD ME THAT I CAN DECIDE MY FUTURE AT THE END OF EACH SEASON. BUT HE HASN’T KEPT HIS WORD. NOW HE’S SAYING I HAD TO COMMUNICATE IT BY 10TH JUNE. AT THAT TIME, WE WERE STILL COMPETING FOR LA LIGA, IN THE MIDDLE OF A PANDEMIC.

“BARÇA GAVE ME EVERYTHING AND I GAVE IT EVERYTHING. I KNOW THAT IT NEVER CROSSED MY MIND TO TAKE BARÇA TO COURT. MY SON, MY FAMILY, THEY GREW UP HERE AND ARE FROM HERE. THERE WAS NOTHING WRONG WITH WANTING TO LEAVE. I NEEDED IT, THE CLUB NEEDED IT AND IT WAS GOOD FOR EVERYONE. MY WIFE, WITH ALL THE PAIN OF HER SOUL, SUPPORTED AND ACCOMPANIED ME.

“EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT I CAN MAKE MORE MONEY ELSEWHERE, BUT MONEY IS NOT MY GOAL. IT HURT ME WHEN MY LOVE FOR THIS CLUB WAS QUESTIONED. MY LOVE FOR BARCA WILL NEVER CHANGE. I FEEL HURT BY THINGS THAT I HEARD FROM PEOPLE, FROM JOURNALISM, FROM PEOPLE QUESTIONING MY LOVE FOR MY CLUB. IT ALSO HELPED ME TO SEE WHO IS WHO. THERE ARE MANY VERY FALSE PEOPLE. IT DOESN’T MATTER WHEN I LEAVE OR FOR HOW LONG I STAY; MY LOVE FOR BARÇA IS EVERLASTING.

“THE DECISION I HAD MADE WAS VERY DIFFICULT, BUT IT WASN’T A RESULT OF THE MATCH AGAINST BAYERN. THERE WERE MANY FACTORS. I SAID BEFORE THAT I WANT TO RETIRE HERE, BUT THERE IS NO PROJECT TO WIN TITLES AND TROPHIES.”

https://mundoalbiceleste.com/2020/09/04/lionel-messi-confirms-barcelona-stay-states-he-wanted-to-leave-full-statement/

I totally get why he's unhappy but he doesn't need to shout about it.

DH1875
04-09-2020, 07:30 PM

Aye but what about Messi :greengrin.

Talk is that he wants Suarez to stay so guess what..........looks like Suarez could be staying.

04-09-2020, 10:08 PM
What a tedious affair this has turned out to be

HibeeBigFly
04-09-2020, 10:54 PM
I’m glad he is staying. Swapping Barcelona and playing in front of 100k fans to half that to join some financially doped outfit with less European trophies than Aberdeen.

DH1875
04-09-2020, 11:21 PM
I’m glad he is staying. Swapping Barcelona and playing in front of 100k fans to half that to join some financially doped outfit with less European trophies than Aberdeen.

He's not playing in front of 100k fans though. That's why deep down Barca would love to be able to sell him. Their screwed financially.

hibsbollah
05-09-2020, 07:54 AM
Aye but what about Messi :greengrin.

Is there a reason why Barça wouldn’t countenance sending him on a season long loan to Inter or Man City or to MLS? He could come back after the election when his nemesis will have left, he’d be 34 and potentially have a good season or two left in him. And they’d have saved 80 million euros in wages.

Scouse Hibee
05-09-2020, 08:04 AM
Confirmed he’s staying.

Not good enough for the best league in the world anyway and he knew it, would be found out quicker than Pogba.

calumhibee1
05-09-2020, 08:21 AM
Not good enough for the best league in the world anyway and he knew it, would be found out quicker than Pogba.

😂

Keith_M
05-09-2020, 09:15 AM

What are you on about? Pogba doesn't play in the SPFL!

:confused:

Future17
05-09-2020, 09:33 AM
What are you on about? Pogba doesn't play in the SPFL!

:confused:

I think he means Mathias Pogba - played for Partick a few years back.

1van Sprou7e
05-09-2020, 09:57 AM
He's not playing in front of 100k fans though. That's why deep down Barca would love to be able to sell him. Their screwed financially.

I mean if that was the case then they'd just sell him for 150m or something

They're demanding that anyone who wants to buy him has to pay the full release clause which is obviously impossible

jacomo
05-09-2020, 10:09 AM
I mean if that was the case then they'd just sell him for 150m or something

They're demanding that anyone who wants to buy him has to pay the full release clause which is obviously impossible

Barca are massively in debt but Messi makes them a lot of money and they are no doubt worried that his departure would be a huge blow to the image and prestige of the club.

Can't afford to keep him, can’t afford to sell him.

hibsbollah
05-09-2020, 10:13 AM
Barca are massively in debt but Messi makes them a lot of money and they are no doubt worried that his departure would be a huge blow to the image and prestige of the club.

Can't afford to keep him, can’t afford to sell him.

...and that’s why I can’t understand why the loan conversation hasn’t had much airtime. Inter can afford it even with the news about EFL tv footage, MLS would also love it, would fit with FFP.

JohnM1875
05-09-2020, 10:32 AM

If you knew you wanted to leave a year ago then trigger the clause in your contract before it expired. Sounds like absolute BS to me.

jacomo
06-09-2020, 08:09 PM
If you knew you wanted to leave a year ago then trigger the clause in your contract before it expired. Sounds like absolute BS to me.

If Messi asked to leave while the season was still ongoing, it would have become a massive story and distraction and he would have got blamed for every failure.

Legally it seems he had no case, but he does have a point. Still, he’s been badly advised if he thought a gentleman’s agreement would hold sway over a signed contract.

MWHIBBIES
06-09-2020, 08:18 PM
If Messi asked to leave while the season was still ongoing, it would have become a massive story and distraction and he would have got blamed for every failure.

Legally it seems he had no case, but he does have a point. Still, he’s been badly advised if he thought a gentleman’s agreement would hold sway over a signed contract.

It isn't a gentlemans agreement. It is a clause in his contract he can leave for free between the season ending and June 10th. The virus break changed everything.

jacomo
06-09-2020, 09:00 PM
It isn't a gentlemans agreement. It is a clause in his contract he can leave for free between the season ending and June 10th. The virus break changed everything.

Not for the first time, I am struggling to understand what you are going on about.

Messi claims he could leave for free, based on his conversations with the President. His contract stipulated a deadline and he missed it.

MWHIBBIES
06-09-2020, 09:19 PM
Not for the first time, I am struggling to understand what you are going on about.

Messi claims he could leave for free, based on his conversations with the President. His contract stipulated a deadline and he missed it.

Aye very good.

Yes, his contract stipulated a deadline. He believed it should've just been moved forward in line with the season being delayed. It obviously wasn't. There was no gentlemen's agreement. Messi just made a mess of it or got bad advice that the clause would still be valid.

jacomo
06-09-2020, 09:47 PM
Aye very good.

Yes, his contract stipulated a deadline. He believed it should've just been moved forward in line with the season being delayed. It obviously wasn't. There was no gentlemen's agreement. Messi just made a mess of it or got bad advice that the clause would still be valid.

Ok then.

hibee-boys
06-09-2020, 10:02 PM
Don't think he had any intention of leaving, time will tell, he'll know how/when to activate the clause next year.

Eyrie
06-09-2020, 10:07 PM
Don't think he had any intention of leaving, time will tell, he'll know how/when to activate the clause next year.

I think he's only got one year left on his current deal.

The 90+2
07-09-2020, 05:22 AM
Aye very good.

You actually think he was sitting about his house and thought **** sake ive forgot about that £750m contract clause? 🤣 he would have known and his advisors on a lot more money than any of us would have known too. I don’t actually think he wanted to leave this year, leave next rip then chairman and move to Man City do a Bale. He will then be next chairman or head coach when he retires or even better take a heal turn and go Maradona 😆

MWHIBBIES
07-09-2020, 05:40 AM
You actually think he was sitting about his house and thought **** sake ive forgot about that £750m contract clause? 🤣 he would have known and his advisors on a lot more money than any of us would have known too. I don’t actually think he wanted to leave this year, leave next rip then chairman and move to Man City do a Bale. He will then be next chairman or head coach when he retires or even better take a heal turn and go Maradona 😆
No. Did you acutally read my post?

He had a clause to walk away for nothing between certain dates. He assumed those dates would move in accordance with the season moving.

It was nothing to do with a paid release clause, something every football contract in spain has and is always valid.

The 90+2
07-09-2020, 05:43 AM

He had a clause to walk away for nothing between certain dates. He assumed those dates would move in accordance with the season moving.

It was nothing to do with a paid release clause, something every football contract in spain has and is always valid.

Nah I’m ****ed mate. Apologies 👍 stop being so aggressive though you take **** I get that: nae need with your tone sometime too.

MWHIBBIES
07-09-2020, 05:49 AM
Nah I’m ****ed mate. Apologies 👍 stop being so aggressive though you take **** I get that: nae need with your tone sometime too.

Sorry but you respond with laughing emojis, taking the piss a bit without properly reading my post. You cant have it both ways mate.

The 90+2
07-09-2020, 05:54 AM
Sorry but you respond with laughing emojis, taking the piss a bit without properly reading my post. You cant have it both ways mate.

Ken 😂 wasn’t talking the piss though mate. You should ken that. Sorry if it seemed that way 🙏

jacomo
07-09-2020, 12:21 PM

Take your own advice and read other people’s posts properly before going off on one.

You certainly didn’t read or understand mine.

HoboHarry
07-09-2020, 02:10 PM
Can you lot get a room so you can kiss and make up? 😜

MWHIBBIES
07-09-2020, 02:30 PM
Take your own advice and read other people’s posts properly before going off on one.

You certainly didn’t read or understand mine.

Absolutely no one has gone off on one. Reading something is different from understanding something. If I've miss understood something, let me know instead of being a smart arse. I read all posts I respond to.