The Count
25-08-2020, 03:30 PM
Shocking.

Hal Robson Kanu recalled instead.

What more can Doidge do?

Probably play for an English club.

Hibernian Verse
25-08-2020, 03:30 PM
The thread on their twitter page is full of Welsh people saying he plays in a **** league. They obviously don't get irony down there.

CmoantheHibs
25-08-2020, 03:32 PM
Keep scoring and playing well for Hibs. I'm sure he has been noticed and will continue to be monitored. Keeps improving like he has then it will not be long.

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 03:34 PM
Hasn’t he got a Scottish granny?

SMAXXA
25-08-2020, 03:35 PM
The thread on their twitter page is full of Welsh people saying he plays in a **** league. They obviously don't get irony down there.

For balance I looked earlier and there were loads of people wanting him in the squad and disappointed he wasn’t.

nellio
25-08-2020, 03:35 PM
Giggs obviously thinks not playing at a high enough level then by the look of it.

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 03:41 PM
Giggs obviously thinks not playing at a high enough level then by the look of it.

Or maybe just staying loyal to the players that have fired them to the Euros?

green day
25-08-2020, 03:43 PM
Shocking.

What more can Doidge do?

Quite happy with this tbh, means he wont get injured.

southern hibby
25-08-2020, 03:44 PM
Hopefully we can get him on a longer contract then he gets international recognition.

GGTTH

hibbydog
25-08-2020, 03:48 PM

To be fair, he does.

Imagine you’re used to watching the Premiership or Championship games on sky, then you have to watch the dirge that the SPL has served up over the last few weeks.

Awful stuff.

Anyways, I hope he gets a call up next time.

Since452
25-08-2020, 04:02 PM
To be fair, he does.

Imagine you’re used to watching the Premiership or Championship games on sky, then you have to watch the dirge that the SPL has served up over the last few weeks.

Awful stuff.

To be fair the first few games of the EPL were chronic when it returned. Remember an Arsenal game where they didn't have a single shot.

Billy Whizz
25-08-2020, 04:03 PM
Disappointed for him, but I’m sure he’ll get a chance soon

MWHIBBIES
25-08-2020, 04:48 PM
Good. Will just get injured like others who go international. He'll also be here to smash some fodder in the league cup.

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 04:54 PM
To be fair, he does.

Awful stuff.

It’s a lot lot better than league of Wales ***** or watching half the championship games.

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2020, 05:03 PM

He does when they are comparing it to the leagues their regular players appear in.

HendoDelivered
25-08-2020, 05:04 PM
Madness.... good news for us though.

NORTHERNHIBBY
25-08-2020, 05:04 PM
To be fair, he does.

Awful stuff.

He would rip up the Welsh League.

The 90+2
25-08-2020, 05:15 PM
He does when they are comparing it to the leagues their regular players appear in.

Because they’re own leagues are utter pap that they have to follow a foreign one 👍

Greenbeard
25-08-2020, 05:55 PM
After a very very shaky start Doidgie has been pretty decent for us but let's be honest, taking into account how crap our last three games have been when screened to all of the UK, you can't be surprised Shirley that he has not been selected. But if he bangs in a couple v. the Tic and The The Huns that would be a different matter, as long as they are not off his shin, shoulder or bahookie.

maturehibby
25-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Surplus of forwards Wales must have
Sam Vokes excluded too ?

Scouse Hibee
25-08-2020, 06:30 PM
Because they’re own leagues are utter pap that they have to follow a foreign one 👍

Agreed but that doesn’t take away from the fact their opinion of the league he plays in reflects his ability compared to others, I get their reasoning.

Vault Boy
25-08-2020, 06:50 PM
Most of the Welsh fans seem pretty scunnered and disappointed that Doidge isn't in their squad from the comments I've seen. I think those making jibes are a small minority.

You have to feel for Christian, not sure what more he can do at this point, his country clearly means a lot to him too.

cabbageandribs1875
25-08-2020, 07:41 PM
they don't know what they're doing
they don't know what they're doing

Northernhibee
25-08-2020, 08:18 PM
If there was a player who deserved a call up it was Doidgey - great form, hard working and a mile better than Robson-Kanu.

tonyrougier123
25-08-2020, 10:01 PM
Give me Doidge over Robson Kanu any day of the week!!

#freethedoidgegiggsy

nellio
25-08-2020, 10:08 PM

It is awful but to be fair the big Welsh clubs have been playing in the English leagues for donkeys years after they were invited in.

The Welsh league only happened because UEFA made the FAW create one in the 90s because the national team status was in jepoardy otherwise.

Iggy Pope
25-08-2020, 10:13 PM
It is awful but to be fair the big Welsh clubs have been playing in the English leagues for donkeys years after they were invited in.

The Welsh league only happened because UEFA made the FAW create one in the 90s because the national team status was in jepoardy otherwise.

What happened to Swansea Town can you recall? Played the Hibs. Were Swansea City invited in after their demise?

jgl07
26-08-2020, 12:59 AM
What happened to Swansea Town can you recall? Played the Hibs. Were Swansea City invited in after their demise?

Its the same club.

The name was changed presumably after Swansea got City status.

Forza Fred
26-08-2020, 04:23 AM
Shocking.

What more can Doidge do?

Score more goals?

BILLYHIBS
26-08-2020, 05:18 AM
If an almost fully match fit Christian Doidge cannot get a game before players that have not kicked a ball in earnest in months would suggest it is down to the perceived level he is playing at and that he has no chance under the current regime

Then again if results go against Wales and Doidgey goes on a scoring run?

I wonder....what if he played for Celtic or The Rangers?

PatHead
26-08-2020, 11:02 AM
If an almost fully match fit Christian Doidge cannot get a game before players that have not kicked a ball in earnest in months would suggest it is down to the perceived level he is playing at and that he has no chance under the current regime

Then again if results go against Wales and Doidgey goes on a scoring run?

I wonder....what if he played for Celtic or The Rangers?

Without doubt he would be capped if he played for The Rangers or Celtic. You only need to look at some of the old firm players that have got caps for Scotland over non old firm players.

My worry is that Doidge wants a move to further his international ambitions. You couldn't blame him if the right club came in for him.

Monts
26-08-2020, 11:51 AM
To be fair to Wales, they got their fingers burnt with Tudor-Jones...

:wink:

The 90+2
26-08-2020, 12:09 PM
Ryan Hedges got called up by wales last year with the other Sheep ****gers.

nellio
26-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Its the same club.

Aye spot on same club.

Iggy Pope
26-08-2020, 02:53 PM
Its the same club.

I did not know this, Ta.