PDA

View Full Version : Football with no crowd noise

Diclonius
24-08-2020, 09:30 PM
A very, very small upside of football with no fans is you can hear exactly what the players are saying. For example, listen to the very humorous dialogue (https://youtu.be/okkF4_tUnAI?t=270) from a St Johnstone player (Liam Craig?) after we win the penalty (warning: colourful language).

S4uzee
24-08-2020, 09:35 PM
Same for Scott Brown in the build up to Celtics goal to Edouard “****ing pass it you”

JimBHibees
25-08-2020, 05:56 AM
A very, very small upside of football with no fans is you can hear exactly what the players are saying. For example, listen to the very humorous dialogue (https://youtu.be/okkF4_tUnAI?t=270) from a St Johnstone player (Liam Craig?) after we win the penalty (warning: colourful language).

What have you seen there, you have seen fek all :greengrin

Danderhall Hibs
25-08-2020, 07:25 AM
I think the shouting is embarrassing, particularly the managers. I get the players need to communicate with eachother but the manager/coaches just shout nonsense that doesn’t need shouted half the time - on Sunday I could hear “Jason, Jason get up a bit” - if a player doesn’t know where he’s meant to stand on a pitch he’s in the wrong game.

Most other sports use technology and better views to analyse the game - we’ve got daftys shouting players names loudly and waving their arms.

Would any fan buy a ticket (without complaining) for the view the dugout gives?

davy67 +
26-08-2020, 09:18 PM
I wish they could get rid of the " Noise " that is Andy Walker

Greenfly
26-08-2020, 09:27 PM
I wish they could get rid of the " Noise " that is Andy Walker
He's the most offensive noise of all.

Iggy Pope
26-08-2020, 09:29 PM
I think the shouting is embarrassing, particularly the managers. I get the players need to communicate with eachother but the manager/coaches just shout nonsense that doesn’t need shouted half the time - on Sunday I could hear “Jason, Jason get up a bit” - if a player doesn’t know where he’s meant to stand on a pitch he’s in the wrong game.

Most other sports use technology and better views to analyse the game - we’ve got daftys shouting players names loudly and waving their arms.

Would any fan buy a ticket (without complaining) for the view the dugout gives?

Coaching. Pays money. Jason needs it I think and he’ll be glad of it. Should the boss pick the team and go home to watch it on the telly like the rest of some of us?

1van Sprou7e
26-08-2020, 09:31 PM
Coaching. Pays money. Jason needs it I think and he’ll be glad of it. Should the boss pick the team and go home to watch it on the telly like the rest of some of us?

Who is Jason?

Greenfly
26-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Who is Jason?
Think he plays for the Argonauts.

EK-HIBEE
26-08-2020, 09:37 PM
https://youtu.be/uMFTnGEyzgs

Lampard to Klopp is great insight from the Liverpool bench, they go from laughing at Lampards anger to getting annoyed at his “"One title you've won and you’re f*****g giving it the big 'un F*** off!"

Iggy Pope
26-08-2020, 09:40 PM
Who is Jason?

Doig I’m assuming? Quoted a post. Can’t think of another Jason that would get shouted at? What’s your thoughts?

JohnM1875
26-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Doig I’m assuming? Quoted a post. Can’t think of another Jason that would get shouted at? What’s your thoughts?

It's Josh Doig. Could be meaning Jason Kerr and it was the St Johnstone bench doing the shouting? Confused me as well.

Eyrie
26-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Think he plays for the Argonauts.
:top marks

I'm assuming it was the St Johnstone player Jason Kerr.

Iggy Pope
26-08-2020, 09:46 PM
It's Josh Doig. Could be meaning Jason Kerr and it was the St Johnstone bench doing the shouting? Confused me as well.

It is Josh, but I’ve no idea who the poster was referring to. If someone was shouting at Jason, Josh our Jehovah he was needing told. Anyways, hole dug. I’ll shout from the bottom of it.

ancient hibee
26-08-2020, 09:56 PM

Not on the telly but they should go somewhere else to watch the game so that they can see what’s going on .As it is they have the worst seat in the house. The ones shouting the most are the ones who have prepared the worst.

The 90+2
26-08-2020, 10:03 PM

Especially when he’s got an ex international as a manager who was a very good player giving the instructions.

The 90+2
26-08-2020, 10:04 PM
Not on the telly but they should go somewhere else to watch the game so that they can see what’s going on .As it is they have the worst seat in the house. The ones shouting the most are the ones who have prepared the worst.

There’s loads of head coaches that want to coach from the sideline.

The 90+2
26-08-2020, 10:06 PM
It is Josh, but I’ve no idea who the poster was referring to. If someone was shouting at Jason, Josh our Jehovah he was needing told. Anyways, hole dug. I’ll shout from the bottom of it.

🤣🤣I was thinking Jason Kerr that Davidson was shouting at, can see why on a Hibs website you would think Josh tho (pals?) 😁

Iggy Pope
26-08-2020, 10:35 PM
🤣🤣I was thinking Jason Kerr that Davidson was shouting at, can see why on a Hibs website you would think Josh tho (pals?) 😁

I’ve nae idea now who shouted at who but I’m pals with anyone that knows me 👍

Irish_Steve
27-08-2020, 02:05 PM
Ha ha, that is excellent "you have ******ing killed us" lol

And re-watching the penalty incident again, I love the way the bouncing ball megs Doidge, he obviously knew there was a better chance of scoring from the spot!

davhibby
27-08-2020, 03:38 PM

Stephen McGinn has been watching from the stand and relaying info down to the dugout so far this season

SChibs
27-08-2020, 04:12 PM

Nonsense, if a player isnt doing something the manager wants them to do then they should be told. Why wait till the game is lost then tell them what they could have done better? Some of the best coaches in the world, Klopp, Guardiola, Simeone for example shout from the technical area to the players