PDA

View Full Version : Since Jack Ross was appointed Head Coach last November...

Keith_M
24-08-2020, 12:54 PM
...only Rangers and Celtic have won more league points.

According to the official Hibs Twitter account (https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1297866250010296320)

I think he's earned enough time to mould the team into his style of football... especially as he's currently churning out wins while doing so.

:aok:

p.s. Sorry, I just noticed there's already a thread about this.

Frazerbob
24-08-2020, 12:57 PM
Is anyone saying he hasn’t?

Col2
24-08-2020, 12:59 PM

Ann Budge? Ewan Murray? Craig Levein

Keith_M
24-08-2020, 12:59 PM

There has been a rather negative take from some on performances so far this season, and a couple of posters have used phrases like 'been found out' and 'flattered to deceive'.

I'm just trying to point out the positives for a bit of balance

jacomo
24-08-2020, 01:13 PM
There has been a rather negative take from some on performances so far this season, and a couple of posters have used phrases like 'been found out' and 'flattered to deceive'.

Much needed. We are only 5 games into the season, nothing is won or lost yet, but there are some very upset Hibs fans for some reason.

matty_f
24-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Crazy reading that when you think that Barnsley finished one point ahead of Jack Ross’s Sunderland.

The 90+2
24-08-2020, 01:47 PM
Much needed. We are only 5 games into the season, nothing is won or lost yet, but there are some very upset Hibs fans for some reason.

Who are the very upset Hibs fans?

Since452
24-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Impressive stat to be fair. Hopefully the points haul continues the way it has.

Since452
24-08-2020, 01:52 PM

I've been left dissspointed more times than I care to remember with us trying to play "the Hibs way". It's nonsense to be honest and increasingly unlikely work these days. Give me industrial football and 3rd consistently every day of the week.

SJNB Hibby
24-08-2020, 01:56 PM
I've been left dissspointed more times than I care to remember with us trying to play "the Hibs way". It's nonsense to be honest and increasingly unlikely work these days. Give me industrial football and 3rd consistently every day of the week.

I don't 100% agree with this, BUT....how much did we win over the years playing silky sexy football?
A couple of cups? For a club arguing to be the 3rd force in Scottish football, that's appalling. Lets win a few things, play consistently in Europe, be hard to beat. And if we dont have the players good enough to be called up to the national team while doing so, less chance of them being injured

MWHIBBIES
24-08-2020, 01:57 PM

Why is that? The best teams in the world, the best teams is most leagues around the world, all play decent football.

we are hibs
24-08-2020, 02:04 PM
I don't 100% agree with this, BUT....how much did we win over the years playing silky sexy football?
A couple of cups? For a club arguing to be the 3rd force in Scottish football, that's appalling. Lets win a few things, play consistently in Europe, be hard to beat. And if we dont have the players good enough to be called up to the national team while doing so, less chance of them being injured

The only time we have ever achieved anything in terms of trophies/ league positioning is when we have played good football though. I am struggling to think of us achieving anything of note in my lifetime that hasnt coincided with us playing good football.

James Stephen
24-08-2020, 02:11 PM
The only time we have ever achieved anything in terms of trophies/ league positioning is when we have played good football though. I am struggling to think of us achieving anything of note in my lifetime that hasnt coincided with us playing good football.

1991?

Hakim Sar
24-08-2020, 02:24 PM
Up the top of the league and not playing that great. What a breath of fresh air.

I’m delighted.

Our players look like they need a rest mind but momentum is with us right now!

Never mind all this playing football the right way guff that our support get caught up in. For now I just want winning football. And we have it.

Oscar T Grouch
24-08-2020, 02:24 PM

I saw one on twitter wanting JR sacked after the Motherwell game, he seemed really upset. Plenty of others after that game too. But I suppose there are always angry and upset people on twitter :greengrin

danhibees1875
24-08-2020, 02:27 PM
Crazy reading that when you think that Barnsley finished one point ahead of Jack Ross’s Sunderland.

:greengrin

The 90+2
24-08-2020, 02:31 PM
I saw one on twitter wanting JR sacked after the Motherwell game, he seemed really upset. Plenty of others after that game too. But I suppose there are always angry and upset people on twitter :greengrin

Ahh okay I was thinking on here the post was about 🤔😁

Wilson
24-08-2020, 02:38 PM
Up the top of the league and not playing that great. What a breath of fresh air.

I’m delighted.

Our players look like they need a rest mind but momentum is with us right now!

Never mind all this playing football the right way guff that our support get caught up in. For now I just want winning football. And we have it.

Barely. We didn't win against Motherwell or look like winning. We scraped a win against St Johnstone. I'm not convinced we can continue being bested in midfield every game and count on winning because our defence is solid - it nearly didn't work this week.

There has to be more more to come. Those that'll take these performances and wins every week will soon change there tune when we're seeing such performances but only getting draws.

neil7908
24-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Barely. We didn't win against Motherwell or look like winning. We scraped a win against St Johnstone. I'm not convinced we can continue being bested in midfield every game and count on winning because our defence is solid - it nearly didn't work this week.

There has to be more more to come. Those that'll take these performances and wins every week will soon change there tune when we're seeing such performances but only getting draws.

I think you can be delighted to be sitting 2nd but also concerned about our form. We definitely look more solid but I can't say I'll be looking forward to watching Hibs this season on the basis of the last 3 performances, especially not being able to get to the games in person.

Jack Ross has earned a lot of time and patience from me to build his squad based on progress so far but we can't disguise how poor the football has been the last 3 weeks.

Keith_M
24-08-2020, 03:05 PM
I think you can be delighted to be sitting 2nd but also concerned about our form. We definitely look more solid but I can't say I'll be looking forward to watching Hibs this season on the basis of the last 3 performances, especially not being able to get to the games in person.

Jack Ross has earned a lot of time and patience from me to build his squad based on progress so far but we can't disguise how poor the football has been the last 3 weeks.

Regarding the bit in bold: I definitely agree and it was quite refreshing to hear Ross himself say something similar after yesterday's game.

I think the choice some have painted is between racking up points or playing attractive football, but I genuinely believe Ross wants a decent combination of both.

There's no way we're going to keep up our current ratio of points to games, especially after we play Aberdeen and the Uglies, but I genuinely believe we have the core of a decent side and, with maybe one or two more signings, we could do quite well this season.

Hakim Sar
24-08-2020, 03:14 PM

All ifs and buts, but your right, these performances are only acceptable as they come tied up in a pretty ribbon that says 3 points on it.

Take the 3 points away and I would moan, and the focus would shift to how bad we are playing.That’s how it works.

But come on let’s worry about that when and if it comes. We have 13 points by mid/late August. Don’t worry... be happy!!

We have seen many teams play great football and deliver nothing. Maybe we will get into Europe by winning ugly and doing it habitually.

Hibee Mac
24-08-2020, 04:50 PM
I think some of the poor performances can also be put down to the whole lockdown situation.

We're absolutely not the only ones who have struggled for entertaining games once lockdown was lifted, it has happened all across Europe.

tamig
24-08-2020, 05:35 PM

The man’s only had 1 and a bit transfer windows. Lets give him that time and patience to build his squad.

green day
24-08-2020, 05:53 PM

I think you are confusing form with attractive football - our form is fantastic.

jacomo
24-08-2020, 09:08 PM

The folk on here and across social media who are venting their spleen.