PDA

View Full Version : Subs

SMAXXA
23-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Well done to the subs today I felt they made an impact in their own way. Special mention for Hallberg he’s come on every game this season and has looked decent.

We looked far more on the front foot when we brought the subs on.

Centre Hawf
23-08-2020, 07:05 PM
Well done to the subs today I felt they made an impact in their own way. Special mention for Hallberg he’s come on every game this season and has looked decent.

Thought Drey Wright took the ball and made some decent runs with it, especially in comparison to Horgan today. Would like to see him given a start if he's up to it.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2020, 07:08 PM
It's going to be a squad game this season. We need options from the bench and the ability to rotate. Each of the subs today made an impact in various ways.

I just said on another thread that we looked as likely to nick it in the last 10 minutes as we did at any other point in the game. I'm not sure it's a coincidence that that is when we had fresh legs on and in Wright and Gullan 2 willing runners to drag us up the park.

SMAXXA
23-08-2020, 07:51 PM
Pretty funny how JR said at the outset he wasn’t much a fan of using more than 3 sub rule yet I think this is the first time we have used more than 3 this season and it probably won’t us the game

CmoantheHibs
23-08-2020, 08:04 PM
Worth nothing that in 2 tight games in which we were level, we have changed shape and went on to win it with late goals. Think both times we changed to a 352 and both United and St Johhstone struggled to cope with the change.

Vault Boy
23-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Agreed that they added some value. The change in shape helped too. I was sat, kind of wondering what Drey Wright brought to the table as a player, then he burst forward with a terrific run, linking up with Hallberg really impressively. Good to see a glimpse of what he's got in his locker.

Gullan was useful too. Plenty of energy and a couple of nice touches.

wookie70
23-08-2020, 11:19 PM

I agree with all that. Hallberg and Wright both improved us