PDA

View Full Version : Boyle

SMAXXA
23-08-2020, 06:48 PM
No idea what’s happened to him since the opening game but for me he’s been nowhere near where he needs to be and where we all know he is capable.

Thoughts?

Mon Dieu4
23-08-2020, 06:52 PM
He played through the middle and did well, now he's not playing through the middle he isn't doing so well, there is a lesson in there somewhere

jeffers
23-08-2020, 06:53 PM
You wonder if he’s got his mind on a move, he’s certainly looking well off it just now.

EH54
23-08-2020, 06:53 PM
No idea what’s happened to him since the opening game but for me he’s been nowhere near where he needs to be and where we all know he is capable.

Thoughts?

Said it last week aswell he just doesn't seem to be wanting to bomb forward and take on players like he did opening game and last season. Hopefully just a wee rough spell for him and he's back on his game soon.

GreenCastle
23-08-2020, 06:55 PM
His future needs sorted - thing is he set himself very high standards and team are wary of that threat.

Anyway he did better today than last 2 games so hopefully getting back on form. Hopefully Horgan and Wright add more as we can’t always rely on Boyle.

hibby rae
23-08-2020, 06:57 PM
It's all part of the plan, drop performance levels do no one bids and then is MoM on 31 October and scores a hat-trick before winning the player of the season award in the league.

SMAXXA
23-08-2020, 06:59 PM
His future needs sorted - thing is he set himself very high standards and team are wary of that threat.

Anyway he did better today than last 2 games so hopefully getting back on form. Hopefully Horgan and Wright add more as we can’t always rely on Boyle.

Agree we can’t always rely on him, in fairness I think Horgan has done better this season so far but still same problem exists is consistency. He’s always going to be easier to take off as Boyle for example can play 3/4 positions depending on the shape whereas Horgan can’t really.

Vini1875
23-08-2020, 07:00 PM
None of the front players are playing very well. It seems to me that our players are being crowded out because we are not moving and pulling defensive players out position. Guys like Boyle and Allan are having constant little niggling fouls on them and getting no protection and although we have a lot pace in the team they have no space to run into.

As far as Boyle goes I would guess he is less willing to put his body on the line given past injuries and future contract talks. A 3 year contract at Hibs and security for the family and we will see a more expansive Martie Boyle.

HendoDelivered
23-08-2020, 07:05 PM

Thoughts?

It’s all part of the plan. He’s purposely playing average so no one buys him :greengrin

truehibernian
23-08-2020, 07:08 PM
Think there's also something to be said of McGinn being more defensively minded and safe (on that flank) - which for me is a bonus as we have looked really solid. Previously he's had Gray and to a degree Naismith overlapping and providing an option higher up the pitch. There's nobody running off him when he picks up the ball to give him that space to drive into.

Saying that, he doesn't give in and he has had a hand in the winning goals at Dundee Utd and today (winning the corner). Playing one up top today didn't help him, always think he is more potent when a defence has two strikers to defend against and Boyle can flit between wings and exploit space.

Robbo6-2
23-08-2020, 07:09 PM
If I was him, id sign the long term contract on decent money with Hibs.

This is his level imo. Hes a good spfl player but doesnt have enough to make it at a higher level.

23-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Maybe a move is on his mind. It makes me realise what a special player McGinn was. He put in some of his best performances during the speculation about a move. He could have put in half arsed showings and it would be excused but he burst a gut against asteras for us.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2020, 07:14 PM
I don’t think he’s been great last few games but I’m not sure the chopping and changing is helping him either. Up front, right in a three, right in a four, on the left for spells as well.

He was involved in most of the good things we did first half. Thought he was all right, much like most of them for me, then did very little after the break.

CMurdoch
23-08-2020, 07:30 PM
Maybe a move is on his mind. It makes me realise what a special player McGinn was. He put in some of his best performances during the speculation about a move. He could have put in half arsed showings and it would be excused but he burst a gut against asteras for us.

McGinn was a force of nature.
Not the point, but i remember how much effort he put into the Scottish Cup replay against Hearts and genuinely thinking how long can he humanely keep this level of athletic effort up for.

As regards Boyle. He is doing fine but is suffering a little with our new, give no goals away in open play, stylee. There is a cost to that style for guys like Martin. It's all about the team and the result but means that players like him take a hit.

Unseen work
23-08-2020, 07:41 PM
He’s just doing this so the interest in him cools and he gets to sign a new contract here.

Once the new contracts signed he will kick on :greengrin

Frazerbob
23-08-2020, 07:44 PM

This is his level imo. Hes a good spfl player but doesnt have enough to make it at a higher level.

That’s how I see it however if he’s being offered much better cash by someone, he’ll probably take it.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2020, 07:47 PM

Agree with this hes defo at his level with us and should sign on the dotted line 😀

J-C
23-08-2020, 07:52 PM
He played through the middle and did well, now he's not playing through the middle he isn't doing so well, there is a lesson in there somewhere

He started as a striker at Montrose and clearly has an eye for goal, he has that much pace it's hard not to play him wide but he doesn't have great skill to beat a man, similar to Sproule. Through the middle with pace frightens the daylights out of CH's.

SChibs
23-08-2020, 07:59 PM
Teams are doubling up on him to stop him knocking the ball past them and beating them with pace. Being fast is only good when theres space to run into

houstonhibbee
23-08-2020, 10:37 PM
our midfield is too pedestrian. We need to break quickly to give Boyle the space to work in...

Dunbar Hibee
23-08-2020, 11:19 PM

Thoughts?

My thoughts are that you’re talking pish.

The 90+2
23-08-2020, 11:48 PM

Harsh as fk. That’s just rude.

Greenio
24-08-2020, 12:17 AM
Boyle and Allan have both been pretty poor since the Livi game.

For me, this is the main root of us performing 2 gears down from where we want to be. (admittedly Allan hasn't been making the starting 11)

I don't think it's anything more than a dip in form.

Get them playing to their abilities again and we'll be a very different proposition.

In saying that, I am a very happy hibs fan today.

Join top, unbeaten, 0 goals conceded from open play - doesn't get much better than that!

Oh, and add to that the fact that heartz players (the ones theyve got left) are playing playstation in their pyjamas!

HoboHarry
24-08-2020, 04:57 AM
Boyle and Allan have both been pretty poor since the Livi game.

For me, this is the main root of us performing 2 gears down from where we want to be. (admittedly Allan hasn't been making the starting 11)

I don't think it's anything more than a dip in form.

Get them playing to their abilities again and we'll be a very different proposition.

In saying that, I am a very happy hibs fan today.

Join top, unbeaten, 0 goals conceded from open play - doesn't get much better than that!

Oh, and add to that the fact that heartz players (the ones theyve got left) are playing playstation in their pyjamas!
Made me laugh mate, bravo...... :greengrin

Since452
24-08-2020, 05:40 AM
I actually don't think Boyle has played particularly well this season (two goals on the opening day aside). I can't see a bid forthcoming based on what I've seen. Like somebody else said players are doubling up on him.

The Modfather
24-08-2020, 06:48 AM

That’s a poor post. By all means disagree with him but at least do it constructively.

04Sauzee
24-08-2020, 06:57 AM

My thoughts are he's bang on the money.
Boyle is a great guy and we know what he's capable of.

Last Minute
24-08-2020, 07:29 AM

Nae need for that, your the one talking .... Boyle's head is at celtic park just now and I for one cant wait for this window to shut.

Winston Ingram
24-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Problem with Boyle is we keep pissing him about. Wingback one week, Centre Forward next week, left midfield, right midfield, right wing.

His best position is right of a front 3. We play him there every week, he'll be back on form in no time.

It also helps if you've got a midfield who can give our front players the ball.

SMAXXA
24-08-2020, 08:54 AM

No need to be a prick about it, grow up.

500miles
24-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Boyle's always performed in patches. When he's good, he's brilliant, when he's poor, he's anonymous.

The 90+2
24-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Problem with Boyle is we keep pissing him about. Wingback one week, Centre Forward next week, left midfield, right midfield, right wing.

His best position is right of a front 3. We play him there every week, he'll be back on form in no time.

It also helps if you've got a midfield who can give our front players the ball.

Very good point.

Lex7zero
26-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Very good point.

According to Daily Record he is signing 2 year extension this week😎

HH81
26-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Someone posted on twitter 2 years agreed?

GreenCastle
26-08-2020, 03:58 PM
Buzzing he’s signed a new deal ! Loves the club - scores and assists.

Would have understood if he left but fantastic he’s staying longer and deserves a pay rise for his performances last season.

leither17
26-08-2020, 03:59 PM
It’s official

kaimendhibs
26-08-2020, 04:00 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1298651065286635524?s=19

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

matty_f
26-08-2020, 04:00 PM
Have you seen the video?
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1298650748461473793?s=21

It’s outstanding 🤣🤣🤣

Northernhibee
26-08-2020, 04:02 PM
https://twitter.com/HibernianFC/status/1298651065286635524?s=19

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

World class, Hibs :greengrin:greengrin:flag::flag:

BroxburnHibee
26-08-2020, 04:03 PM
Have you seen the video?
https://twitter.com/hibernianfc/status/1298650748461473793?s=21

It’s outstanding 🤣🤣🤣

Just superb!!!

Aldo
26-08-2020, 04:09 PM
World class, Hibs :greengrin:greengrin:flag::flag:

Best get yursel ready!! [emoji6][emoji51][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Booked4Being-Ugly
26-08-2020, 04:13 PM
That’s tremendous news.

Well done Hibs, well done Martin Boyle.

GGTTH

jeffers
26-08-2020, 04:14 PM
Well done at Hibs to whoever put that video together. :top marks

G B Young
26-08-2020, 04:29 PM
None of the front players are playing very well. It seems to me that our players are being crowded out because we are not moving and pulling defensive players out position. Guys like Boyle and Allan are having constant little niggling fouls on them and getting no protection and although we have a lot pace in the team they have no space to run into.

As far as Boyle goes I would guess he is less willing to put his body on the line given past injuries and future contract talks. A 3 year contract at Hibs and security for the family and we will see a more expansive Martie Boyle.

Did you know something?