PDA

View Full Version : It has to be said

DJ HIBBY
23-08-2020, 05:12 PM
We are boring as ***** to watch. This is turgid.

Steven79
23-08-2020, 05:13 PM
We are boring as ***** to watch. This is turgid.I'm surprised we are still watching...

Eye bleeding stuff.

Sky should ask for their money back.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Coco Bryce
23-08-2020, 05:15 PM
Worse than watching Hecky's team.

Andy74
23-08-2020, 05:19 PM
Our best league start in many years.

scottish_sleepy
23-08-2020, 05:20 PM
If it was only turgid or eye bleeding I'd be happy. This was absolutely shocking stuff. Dick Turpin would be embarrassed with how we stole this.

DJ HIBBY
23-08-2020, 05:22 PM
We won but I still stand by original post

Mibbes Aye
23-08-2020, 05:23 PM
It’s not turgid, it is torpid :rolleyes: :greengrin

Anyway, winning ugly is winning. I will settle for 13 points from 15 and yet another clean sheet.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2020, 05:24 PM
I'll take the points but we are very, very disjointed.

In saying that the scathing criticism of the performance is harsh on the defence. In the last few years it has often felt like we need to score 2 or 3 to win a game. This season we always have a chance because we aren't conceding goals. Defensively we are well drilled and well organised.

We need another couple of bodies and are crying out for a decent CM. 3 points is 3 points though and we have achieved that in 4 of our 5 games thus far.

Andy74
If it was only turgid or eye bleeding I'd be happy. This was absolutely shocking stuff. Dick Turpin would be embarrassed with how we stole this.

I’m sure Aberdeen have been thoroughly embarrassed with themselves over the last few years.

The Spaceman
It has to be said:

Top (joint) of the league.
13 points from 15.
Equalled Heart's win total last season after 5 games.
We are (like Aberdeen) scraping out wins without leaving first or second gear. Much more to come from this side.

HendoDelivered

Even though we won, totally agree. Brutal to watch, not just today either.

Diclonius
23-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Two goals conceded. No games lost. I don't give a ****.

Stevie Reid
23-08-2020, 05:25 PM
Very, very fortunate and a poor performance but can’t complain about the points return. Three clean sheets in a row, three away wins out of three as well.

I’ll take it, but we need to play better. I’m sure we can with the quality that we have though.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2020, 05:26 PM
It's weird, I don't think anyone can have any complaints with the results but it's probably the most underwhelmed I've felt with Hibs being joint top of the table.

Performances are extremely boring so far with the exception of the Livingston game.

The_Exile
We're still gelling and getting into a early season rhythm and we're joint top, I'm away to cry myself to sleep........

Andy74
Even though we won, totally agree. Brutal to watch, not just today either.

Livingston?

we are hibs
I suppose its good we are winning/ taking points from games when we have been abysmal. That may not have happened last season. But the performance levels need lifted dramatically. We arent going to get away with these performances every week.

Northernhibee
Our best league start in many years.

St Johnstone were desperate to let that match fall into a stop-start affair of fouls and we got drawn into that. When a team comes to play - like Livingston did - we can be very good.

Silky
23-08-2020, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I'm with you. So many times I've seen us play welldomibate and lose matches. We're winning. At the end if the day, points make prizes,not performances.

hibee_girl
It's weird, I don't think anyone can have any complaints with the results but it's probably the most underwhelmed I've felt with Hibs being joint top of the table.

Performances are extremely boring so far with the exception of the Livingston game.

I think a lot of that is down to us not being able to attend in person

Myweebruv
It's a bit of an old cliche but it remains true that "If you don't concede, you can't lose and might just sneak a winner!"
This would appear to be where this current Hibs side is at.
Strengthen our midfield and we just might have one hell of a season in front of us.

hfc rd
Very similar to a Derek McInnes Aberdeen team. A very boring team to watch but they get the job done and win no matter how poor the football looks.

scottish_sleepy
23-08-2020, 05:29 PM
I agree we can't complain about the results so far and the defence have been outstanding. The tactics for the majority of the match were terrible. Pass along the back line then lump it. We all know when we keep it on the deck and move the ball quickly we're a far better team.

SChibs
23-08-2020, 05:29 PM
Couldnt you have just said it on the match day thread like anyone else?

Dalianwanda
23-08-2020, 05:30 PM
Poor to watch but another away win and clean sheet. Penalty at the end made the high after the low that bit higher 😅. Plenty to come from this team & looking forward to seeing who we bring into midfield.

Vault Boy
23-08-2020, 05:31 PM
I don't think the idea that if you plug the defensive issues then the attack will sort itself out is really valid. We've definitely skewered too far in the other direction.

I'm far happier watching us rack up so many wins and keep it tight than I was watching us concede dozens of crap goals, though. Just think there's a better balance to be found with our possession and forward play.

nonshinyfinish

I think maybe there's a degree of overcompensating in sorting out the defensive problems from last year. It might take a while to get the right balance of keeping defensive solidity but playing more creative football.

As long as there's movement in that direction, we may well look back at these games as building the foundation for a great season.

DJ HIBBY

Why?? I’m talking about our general play all season

The Modfather
23-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Points total couldn’t be much better, but it’s been a bit of a chore watching most games so far. This answers the age old debate about performances v results for me. We are probably set for a high finish, but I’ll end up keeping an eye on the score rather than watch a lot of games.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2020, 05:36 PM
I think maybe there's a degree of overcompensating in sorting out the defensive problems from last year. It might take a while to get the right balance of keeping defensive solidity but playing more creative football.

As long as there's movement in that direction, we may well look back at these games as building the foundation for a great season.

Yeah that is true. Defence has been an issue for quite a while so to have played 5 games so far (3 of them away) and to still not have conceded from open play is pleasing.

It will be interesting to see how we do next week against the masters of how we have been playing so far.

JXM73
23-08-2020, 05:36 PM

Top of the league, ******!

makaveli1875
23-08-2020, 05:38 PM

Don't mind it being boring but when it goes turgid you've got big problems.

HendoDelivered
23-08-2020, 05:40 PM
Livingston?

Every game bar Livi (and parts of Killie) we have been quite poor/boring to watch.

Hiber-nation
23-08-2020, 05:41 PM

Yep good post. He's sorted out the problems of conceding soft/late goals so hopefully we can build on that and actually start playing some football now. It's been a very un-Hibs like start to the season.

h1bs4life
Another clean sheet, its been a while since we were so solid.
Getting the midfield sorted is the key, Ross is well aware that needs sorted.
Showed against Livi we have got it in us to win well.
Another 3 points move on to next week

Vault Boy
What I will say is that Ross clearly recognises it. He's mentioned performance levels in every interview he's given and clearly wants to see us play a better brand of football.

Making that happen is a whole different issue, but the intention will be there, which is positive. Some managers would just be riding high on the wins, regardless of the style.

Since90+2
23-08-2020, 05:42 PM
Top of the league, ******!

2nd top.

TelaStella
23-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Today’s game on paper would perhaps suggest so but from my perspective we should of been in front quite a lot sooner especially in the first half. Football is a game of 90 mins and like Celtic yesterday good teams must be patient. I think we done enough today to merit the win against a good organised team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nakedmanoncrack
23-08-2020, 05:47 PM
Yep good post. He's sorted out the problems of conceding soft/late goals so hopefully we can build on that and actually start playing some football now. It's been a very un-Hibs like start to the season.

Very un-Hibs-like is a good description, we aren't playing exciting football, and its been painful to watch in large part, but there's been no hint of the most Hibs-like characteristic; the frailty we've seen so often.

GRA
23-08-2020, 05:51 PM
Very un-Hibs-like is a good description, we aren't playing exciting football, and its been painful to watch in large part, but there's been no hint of the most Hibs-like characteristic; the frailty we've seen so often.Agree. Scruffily winning games with late penalties is the type of result teams need to have a good season. Can't perform like we did against Livi every week.

Its strange to thing that Hibs have only really played fluently for two 45 minute periods out of the last 5 games. Yet they sit with 13 out of 15 points. A lot of that is to do with the steel added to defence at the moment (plus the rub of the green the last wee while).

Hibernia&Alba
23-08-2020, 05:51 PM
It's swings and roundabouts. So many seasons past we've played exciting, open football but leaked goals like a sieve. This season we are excellent defensively, but the cost is less excitement. We definitely need more creativity in midfield.

J-C
23-08-2020, 05:52 PM
He's made us harder to beat but at what cost, turgid is a good description, defence looks more solid but still the same problems in the middle, McCrorie wasn't the answer, a dynamic player is.

Peevemor
23-08-2020, 05:53 PM
I read the first few posts then stopped.

What a load of nonsense!

KWJ
23-08-2020, 05:56 PM
I'll take the points but we are very, very disjointed.

In saying that the scathing criticism of the performance is harsh on the defence. In the last few years it has often felt like we need to score 2 or 3 to win a game. This season we always have a chance because we aren't conceding goals. Defensively we are well drilled and well organised.

We need another couple of bodies and are crying out for a decent CM. 3 points is 3 points though and we have achieved that in 4 of our 5 games thus far.

Sort of. We're crying out for a great CM, like most teams are. Be good to bring one in but even if one of our current crop could hit a really good bit of form and get their confidence enough I think that'd shine through. The platform is there for a few players to start running matches.

Bronson
23-08-2020, 05:56 PM
No goals conceded from open play but we’ve sacrificed any decent football for that. Torture to watch but I’d rather the points.

We’ve turned into everything aberdeen fans hate mcinnes for though.

Northernhibee
23-08-2020, 05:57 PM
Very un-Hibs-like is a good description, we aren't playing exciting football, and its been painful to watch in large part, but there's been no hint of the most Hibs-like characteristic; the frailty we've seen so often.

The good thing is it's much easier to sort out the football aesthetically when you're sitting with a lot of points. With a bit less pressure on that side of things we can look to make positive signings and tactical changes rather than urgently needing to find a win by hook or by crook.

500miles
23-08-2020, 06:00 PM
We really need our wingers, particularly Boyle, to make us an entertaining side. Horgan has had some nice moments, but Boyle hardly seems to touch the ball.

Wright looked to have good feet and a turn of pace when he came on, and Gullan made thier defence look uncomfortable.

Northernhibee
23-08-2020, 06:01 PM
We really need our wingers, particularly Boyle, to make us an entertaining side. Horgan has had some nice moments, but Boyle hardly seems to touch the ball.

Wright looked to have good feet and a turn of pace when he came on, and Gullan made thier defence look uncomfortable.

I really enjoyed watching Drey Wright today.

EVENTUALLY
23-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Newall is very languid and with Allan and Gogic in there the midfield lacks tempo and energy. Wright and Gullan made a difference by simply running harder and faster. Omeonga and Docherty provided that when they played together and yet again 352 proves it is the best formation for this squad. Thought Wright lifted the team with his drive and skill.
Great 3 points, better being lucky than good, especially in this climate. GGTTH.

RossScott1991
23-08-2020, 06:17 PM
1 dynamic energetic CM and 1 tricky ball carrying wide left player short.

Identify those two and successful signings we will be a good team. Defence and Strikers we are fine. Still short in midfield.

I’d be more worried if Jack Ross thought we were good and winning. He knows we ain’t fluid yet.

YehButNoBut
23-08-2020, 06:19 PM
From what I've seen of all SPL games this season every team has similar issue in that nobody look especially good to watch.

My view is with no fans the lack of atmosphere is giving us a different type of game and taken an edge of the performance.

Fully expect once we have crowds back at games that performances will go up a notch.

My old man
23-08-2020, 06:25 PM
it has to be said:

top (joint) of the league.
13 points from 15.
equalled heart's win total last season after 5 games.
we are (like aberdeen) scraping out wins without leaving first or second gear. Much more to come from this side.

this 100%
ggtth

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2020, 06:40 PM

I’ve watched Hibs from the terrace since the Miller era and whilst that wasn’t our best away result, We’ve more often than not been on the receiving end of Dick Turpin results so I’ll take it. Embarrassed to take a Hibs victory ? I’ll save a response on that.

mjhibby
23-08-2020, 06:40 PM

Good point. Well made sir. How many games last season were we playing some really good stuff then gone ahead then been pegged back and .net having a fit about our poor defence. Scottish football has gone drastically backwards and with the financial loss of millions of pounds to each club I’m afraid the standard was always going to be poor. I do admit in the last three games I’d like us to be more pleasing on the eye but we are controlling games and have a solid defence. Would we rather we had three two two draws and had four points less. Had the saintees won their the sky guys would be saying what a great performance. Every team bar the bigot bros is set up not to lose and that’s why the games are so dull. We are 11 points, yes eleven points ahead of well and Killie which is incredible. Just keep racking up the points I say.

CmoantheHibs
23-08-2020, 06:46 PM
It also has to be said that, even although it wasn't pleasing on the eye, my feelings now are much happier than when we've played well and lost.

Borderhibbie76
23-08-2020, 06:49 PM
What I will say is that Ross clearly recognises it. He's mentioned performance levels in every interview he's given and clearly wants to see us play a better brand of football.

Making that happen is a whole different issue, but the intention will be there, which is positive. Some managers would just be riding high on the wins, regardless of the style.

Yeah was just gonna post something similar - I'd be more worried about performance if JR wasn't alluding to it but he is and he clearly knows we are 1 maybe 2 midfielders short - so the fact we are winning and only going to get better augurs well for the season

Irish_Steve
23-08-2020, 06:51 PM
It has to be said

If we play like that every week and still get 3 points, I couldn't give a flying one

Sylar
23-08-2020, 06:55 PM
From what I've seen of all SPL games this season every team has similar issue in that nobody look especially good to watch.

My view is with no fans the lack of atmosphere is giving us a different type of game and taken an edge of the performance.

Fully expect once we have crowds back at games that performances will go up a notch.

Was just about to post the exact same thing - even the 'unstoppable' Celtc have looked utter ***** in their two televised games against Killie and Dundee United yesterday. Rangers were dreadful last week against Livi, and Aberdeen have been honking in their last two games too (albeit grinding out wins too).

Wilson
23-08-2020, 07:00 PM
It has to be said

If we play like that every week and still get 3 points, I couldn't give a flying one

We won't. Then you will.

Wilson
23-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Yeah was just gonna post something similar - I'd be more worried about performance if JR wasn't alluding to it but he is and he clearly knows we are 1 maybe 2 midfielders short - so the fact we are winning and only going to get better augurs well for the season

That's what I'm hoping for. We've too much attacking talent to be such an unthreatening team. There has to be more to come.

Pagan Hibernia
23-08-2020, 07:03 PM
Can’t argue with the results but it ain’t pretty.

come on jack we play in green not maroon!

Centre Hawf
23-08-2020, 07:03 PM
I'll take it at the moment and probably for the whole season if we somehow manage keep a decent gap between us and 4th. But the reality for the last 3 games we've been fairly lacking in the chance creation department, we probably got the rub of the green in 2 of them and in the other one we could have easily lost to a team that look pretty poor themselves. We need to just get a bit more purpose to our play going forward and fashion the chances to turn these 0-0 games in more convincing 1 or 2-0 wins because we won't be gifted a penalty in the 90th minute every week when sitting at a stalemate.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Kevin Nisbet to come back and Ross McCrorie’s replacement

All good 😃

my left peg
23-08-2020, 07:12 PM
We looked to have a better shape when we went to 352,Gullane Hallberg and Wright,brought more energy to our game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Riverside Hibs
23-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Very similar to a Derek McInnes Aberdeen team. A very boring team to watch but they get the job done and win no matter how poor the football looks.

Very true but their crowds have plummeted, so much so they were going to close part of the stadium i think. A large number of their fans hate the football they play. Is that the Hibs we want to see? Mind you they have been watching it for years and really the crap football never materialised into much actual silverware.

KDY Hibs
23-08-2020, 07:21 PM
if we are picking up these points playing gash, can't wait till we blow teams away when we're playing well! All good!

Irish_Steve
23-08-2020, 07:24 PM
We won't. Then you will.

I doubt it

Nicho87
23-08-2020, 07:24 PM
If our away performances are going to be like this under Ross going on wards absolutely fine if it means a higher return of points.

Home form must be more entertaining though / attack minded.

Happy tonight though. Winning ugly is something we’ve not done since Alex Mcleish?

jgl07
23-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Just image if Hibs were in the Championship, cooling their heels waiting for the season to start, while Hearts were joint top of the Premiership.

Would Kickback be moaning about the waht Hearts won four out of their first five matches?

Shrekko
23-08-2020, 07:26 PM
In years gone by folk were greeting about us not being able to win ugly and shipping late goals.

Performance levels will improve with the players we have.

Brooster
23-08-2020, 07:34 PM
Play well for the first 30 mins and the last 2 mins and win away from home v playing well for 80 mins and losing is a no brainer for me. Yes we can play better but I'm not sure what some folk expect!

KDY Hibs
23-08-2020, 07:36 PM
Just image if Hibs were in the Championship, cooling their heels waiting for the season to start, while Hearts were joint top of the Premiership.

Would Kickback be moaning about the waht Hearts won four out of their first five matches?

They wanted Robbie N out when sitting third well into season,even hired a plane lol!

EI255
23-08-2020, 07:37 PM
We are boring as ***** to watch. This is turgid.Would u rather watch Fartz?!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

hibsfan7
23-08-2020, 07:39 PM
how may games did the old firm win by getting a last minute penalty and still play crap?

Pagan Hibernia
23-08-2020, 07:39 PM

jambos have never cared how bad their football is. And it shows!

is that really what we should be comparing ourselves with?

Andy74
23-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Very true but their crowds have plummeted, so much so they were going to close part of the stadium i think. A large number of their fans hate the football they play. Is that the Hibs we want to see? Mind you they have been watching it for years and really the crap football never materialised into much actual silverware.

We don’t play anywhere near Aberdeen’s style though. We might not fire on all cylinders all the time but we do try and play football and attack.

Power
23-08-2020, 07:47 PM
Winning games but with room for improvement - the want for better is a good sign.

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-08-2020, 07:50 PM
I'm 31 and we've had only a handful of teams in that time that's played nice football. We were pish in the 90s. Had two (at a push) three good sides in the noughties. Time for heroes side then Lennon for a year

There's this notion we should play free flowing attacking football. Based on what? Teams from 40-50 years ago?

Aberdeen have been the best of the rest for years and are minging to watch. Hearts dominated us and others for a spell playing ***** football

I want hibs to be successful, if "nice" football comes along with it, great

13 points
2 goals concedes
5 games played

Wilson
23-08-2020, 07:52 PM
I'm 31 and we've had only a handful of teams in that time that's played nice football. We were pish in the 90s. Had two (at a push) three good sides in the noughties. Time for heroes side then Lennon for a year

There's this notion we should play free flowing attacking football. Based on what? Teams from 40-50 years ago?

Aberdeen have been the best of the rest for years and are minging to watch. Hearts dominated us and others for a spell playing ***** football

I want hibs to be successful, if "nice" football comes along with it, great

13 points
2 goals concedes
5 games played

You in a coma for Mowbray's tenure?

Pagan Hibernia
23-08-2020, 07:55 PM

also the Sauzee/Latapy team. The 6-2 was an exhibition of free flowing football and it was quite common then

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-08-2020, 08:01 PM

2 to 3 good sides in the noughties it clearly says? We still got pumped from hearts multiple times during Mowbray's era and finished third once

GreenNWhiteArmy
23-08-2020, 08:01 PM
also the Sauzee/Latapy team. The 6-2 was an exhibition of free flowing football and it was quite common then

yup, that's one of the 3 sides I'm referring to. A joy to watch

jacomo
23-08-2020, 08:04 PM

:agree:

23-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Was just about to post the exact same thing - even the 'unstoppable' Celtc have looked utter ***** in their two televised games against Killie and Dundee United yesterday. Rangers were dreadful last week against Livi, and Aberdeen have been honking in their last two games too (albeit grinding out wins too).

I'm going to give all the teams the benefit of the doubt and put it down to rustiness due to the extra long lay off since competitive football, the unusual pre-season with having to build up to contact training, less pre-season friendlies (I think) than normal / no League Cup group matches to get up to speed. Hopefully after another 2 or 3 games the standards have improved.

inglisavhibs
23-08-2020, 08:51 PM
I don't think the idea that if you plug the defensive issues then the attack will sort itself out is really valid. We've definitely skewered too far in the other direction.

I'm far happier watching us rack up so many wins and keep it tight than I was watching us concede dozens of crap goals, though. Just think there's a better balance to be found with our possession and forward play.
Horgan and Allan in particular couldn’t get/keep the ball and quite simply were out competed. Plenty Hibs players on the park with attacking intent but you can’t do it without the ball. Wright and Gullan looked a bit more athletic and improved us in the last 10 minutes.

Onceinawhile
23-08-2020, 09:07 PM
For years we've been complaining about being a boyband and about not being able to grind out results.

We start grinding out results, and it isn't good enough for some people.

Unbeaten in 5 with an 80% win rate ffs!!!!

Bay Area Hibees
23-08-2020, 09:11 PM
For years we've been complaining about being a boyband and about not being able to grind out results.

Well said brilliant start !

hibbysam
23-08-2020, 09:16 PM
It’s the front players that we need to click. Apart from the Motherwell game we have been solid and fairly settled on the ball back to middle, but as soon as the ball goes into the final third we need our two wingers, attacking midfielder and strikers to interchange better, to work openings. People complain about Newell and want someone to recycle the ball, he did that for the first 45 today, yet isn’t good enough as he doesn’t go box to box. That would leave us out of shape. Our full backs should be getting involved in attacks and our front four going and opening teams up. However, this year I’ll take us being ***** to watch if it gets us results and makes us hard to beat. 3rd is there for the taking and I don’t want that blown just so we can go gung-ho week after week.

hibbydog
23-08-2020, 09:23 PM

Nail on head.

Broadcasting some of our games this season could have got football stopped. But to hell with it, I think we’ve all seen Hibs play teams off the park and get beat for years, so I'll take whatever luck we can get.

And it’s high time we were a tough, solid team who don’t give much away. I absolutely hated the derbies where Craig Levein teams would bully us off the park, we’d get beat but try and take the moral high ground because we played the nicest football?

Couldn’t give a rodents rectum. Winning nice is what everyone wants, but winning is everything.

GGTTH

matty_f
23-08-2020, 09:24 PM
St Johnstone were very well organised and worked extremely hard with their pressing game and it’s clear that we struggled to get into any sort of rhythm in the game as a result.

I felt we needed to play at a quicker tempo, and do more to match St Johnstone’s work-rate. In hindsight, i think that’s probably an unfair observation regarding the work rate, i don’t think we keep a clean sheet if the players weren’t putting everything into the game.

We need to be better in possession though, for the second match in a row we missed straightforward passes and we’re guilty of linking the ball forward to nobody at times.

These games haven’t been pretty to watch but we’ve come through them virtually unscathed. If you remember the Premiership in England resuming games, it took a good few weeks before the standard of the games was anything like you’d want it to be so it could well be that teams are still getting to grips with the season and matches behind closed doors.

Pretty Boy
23-08-2020, 09:36 PM

I think it's conflating 2 different things.

Everyone wants us to win first and foremost but a bit entertainment doesn't go amiss. The complaints, as I have read them, in years gone by is that we have been incapable of grinding out a result when we don't play well. I don't think anyone has ever seen grinding out 1-0 wins every single week as an ultimate goal.

Thankfully having heard the manager speak I think he recognises this as well and wants to see an improved level of performance. No one is going to complain if we grind out the odd result like today, if the level of performance that we showed in the 2nd half today continues we won't grind out wins every week though and that is where there is some concern.

Richibee
23-08-2020, 09:46 PM
/\ Hibs fans 😂😂

DTS
23-08-2020, 10:18 PM
I think a good way to describe hibs so far this season is very much like peak Aberdeen under McInnes. Not overly thrilling but solid at the back and have good enough players in the final third that can cause problems even when not at there best.

I hope we improve in the final 3rd as the last 2 games haven’t been great in that area however I’d rather be sitting joint top 13/15 with a very solid defence than mid table with a leaky defence

vahibbie
23-08-2020, 10:26 PM
/\ Hibs fans 😂😂
A Hibs fans and not satisfied. That was not good. I appreciate our league position but if it's at the expense of watching that then I'm happy for no fans allowed. Come on people that was a sh** game of football and no where near what I expect from Hibs.

B.H.F.C
23-08-2020, 10:31 PM
I think a good way to describe hibs so far this season is very much like peak Aberdeen under McInnes. Not overly thrilling but solid at the back and have good enough players in the final third that can cause problems even when not at there best.

I hope we improve in the final 3rd as the last 2 games haven’t been great in that area however I’d rather be sitting joint top 13/15 with a very solid defence than mid table with a leaky defence

I think it’s the middle third we need to improve in. We have good attacking players but we’re not getting the ball to them quick enough.

We need someone to get the ball moving in the middle of the park.

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2020, 11:03 PM
I wouldn't care about the boring football if I thought we had found a 'style' capable of consistently grinding out winning performances, but the truth is we haven't. The truth is that heroic and stoic defending aside we have been very very lucky so far.

The very best we should have got out of today is a draw, the same is true of the Kilmarnock game and by all accounts the Dundee Utd game ... we were incredibly lucky to get a draw out of Motherwell. I didn't see the Utd game, but in all of the others a more switched on team would have converted at least one or two of a plethora of crosses and corners played into our box and that includes Livvi .... I just can't see how we can allow Aberdeen this amount of possession and the amount of balls into the box we have been allowing without them scoring at least twice ... F knows what the uglies will do to us if we allow them such freedom.

Our passing, especially our short passing has been pretty poor all season, today from people who are actually paid to play football it was criminal at times. We are losing 60 to 70% of second balls in midfield, we are incapable of holding possession of the ball for more than two or three passes, we are allowing teams to get 60 to 70 yards up the pitch before meaningfully engaging them, which would be fine if we then stop crosses or passes into our box, but we don't ... no wonder our defence is getting praised, they are under such constant pressure the fact they haven't conceded a goal from open play in these 5 games is nothing short of miraculous.

So yeh, the results are great and very welcome ... keep playing like this and somebody is going to give us a bloody good cuffing and it wont be the last. I'm not being cup half empty or negative for the sake of it, I'm genuinely convinced failure to improve on what we are seeing will catch up with us big time.

Andy74
23-08-2020, 11:05 PM
I wouldn't care about the boring football if I thought we had found a 'style' capable of consistently grinding out winning performances, but the truth is we haven't. The truth is that heroic and stoic defending aside we have been very very lucky so far.

The very best we should have got out of today is a draw, the same is true of the Kilmarnock game and by all accounts the Dundee Utd game ... we were incredibly lucky to get a draw out of Motherwell. I didn't see the Utd game, but in all of the others a more switched on team would have converted at least one or two of a plethora of crosses and corners played into our box and that includes Livvi .... I just can't see how we can allow Aberdeen this amount of possession and the amount of balls into the box we have been allowing without them scoring at least twice ... F knows what the uglies will do to us if we allow them such freedom.

Our passing, especially our short passing has been pretty poor all season, today from people who are actually paid to play football it was criminal at times. We are losing 60 to 70% of second balls in midfield, we are incapable of holding possession of the ball for more than two or three passes, we are allowing teams to get 60 to 70 yards up the pitch before meaningfully engaging them, which would be fine if we then stop crosses or passes into our box, but we don't ... no wonder our defence is getting praised, they are under such constant pressure the fact they haven't conceded a goal from open play in these 5 games is nothing short of miraculous.

So yeh, the results are great and very welcome ... keep playing like this and somebody is going to give us a bloody good cuffing and it wont be the last.

Jesus.

Heisenberg
23-08-2020, 11:10 PM
It’s not been pretty at times (not many games I’ve seen since the restart have been) but we should be mightily pleased with how this season has gone so far. One of the major complaints has been allowing the opposition to dominate the ball and that wasn’t the case today. Our defence looks massively improved, I’m not even sure we kept two clean sheets in a row last season in the league?

NAE NOOKIE
23-08-2020, 11:12 PM
Jesus.

I'm not just being negative for the sake of it Andy .... I presume you have been watching what I've been watching, can you really say hand on heart that luck hasn't played a big part in where we find ourselves? We should be using this purple patch of good fortune to sort out a number of glaring deficiencies, if we don't we will pay for it in the long run. This is not good football, this isn't even effective football ... it's got far far too much of an element of luck to it and we all know, especially when it comes to this club, that luck never lasts too long.

KingPat4
23-08-2020, 11:15 PM
Jaysus wept. Only on Hibs.net. What a bunch of moaning faced ****s. We are joint top of the league, but not playing particularly well.

**** me, what a disaster, 13 points out of 15. The building of any good side means shutting the door at the back and Jack is doing that. We have flair players in the squad although we certainly need a fetch and carry midfielder and probably another striker.

Can we just dwell on the positives for a moment?

Dunbar Hibee
23-08-2020, 11:18 PM
Worse than watching Hecky's team.

5 games. 4 wins. Unbeaten. 2 goals conceded.

Get a grip you ****ing idiots

wookie70
23-08-2020, 11:27 PM
5 games. 4 wins. Unbeaten. 1 goal conceded.

Get a grip you ****ing idiots

2 goals conceded but the 13 points is all that really matters

Vault Boy
23-08-2020, 11:28 PM
Anybody know when we last went 5 games without conceding from open play?

KingPat4
23-08-2020, 11:28 PM

So yeh, the results are great and very welcome ... keep playing like this and somebody is going to give us a bloody good cuffing and it wont be the last. I'm not being cup half empty or negative for the sake of it, I'm genuinely convinced failure to improve on what we are seeing will catch up with us big time.

**** me.

Do your Hibernian friends call you Mr Happy?

Heisenberg
23-08-2020, 11:29 PM
I'm not just being negative for the sake of it Andy .... I presume you have been watching what I've been watching, can you really say hand on heart that luck hasn't played a big part in where we find ourselves? We should be using this purple patch of good fortune to sort out a number of glaring deficiencies, if we don't we will pay for it in the long run. This is not good football, this isn't even effective football ... it's got far far too much of an element of luck to it and we all know, especially when it comes to this club, that luck never lasts too long.

Luck played a part today in that their goal should’ve stood, that aside I wouldn’t say we’ve had much luck on our side in any other matches. No team has repeatedly cut us open and missed several chances or been denied stonewall penalties.

Killie - They scored a brilliant freekick then barely threatened despite having most of the ball. Loads of crosses easily dealt with.
Livi - 1-4 stroll.
D Utd - Pretty even, one moment of quality from Doidge won it.
Motherwell - Probably our worst performance but we created more clear chances than them despite barely stringing two passes together.

I’d say 13/15 is pretty effective football.

Dunbar Hibee
23-08-2020, 11:33 PM
2 goals conceded but the 13 points is all that really matters

Right you are, sir!

CB_NO3
24-08-2020, 12:58 AM

Assuming you have watched the OF all season? They have been very poor as well.

I think superhero's like yourself need to calm down. This is bizarre for the players and having no fans is making them struggle. Its a great start in difficult circumstances. We have money to invest and will be a top 4 club this season.

SRHibs
24-08-2020, 02:06 AM
I mean we've definitely got a bit of flair in us, but we've not shown it the past few games. Kind of reminiscent of Hecky's initial run of games; feels like we are getting the rub of the green in the more even games. Ah well, long may it continue.

matty_f
24-08-2020, 04:48 AM
Jaysus wept. Only on Hibs.net. What a bunch of moaning faced ****s. We are joint top of the league, but not playing particularly well.

**** me, what a disaster, 13 points out of 15. The building of any good side means shutting the door at the back and Jack is doing that. We have flair players in the squad although we certainly need a fetch and carry midfielder and probably another striker.

Not only on here, all over Twitter and Facebook as well, it’s like people have opinions and just say them.

matty_f
24-08-2020, 04:55 AM

I agree with your paragraph about our passing being poor, that aside your post is fundamentally flawed with re-writing history with the previous matches.

We were not lucky, never mind incredibly lucky, to draw with Motherwell - that’s an absurd take on things. We deserved beat Killie, who didn’t test Marciano at all, save from a superb strike for their goal.

And as for “a more switched on team” converting crosses, ac less switched on defence would have conceded from them - rather than lamenting the quality of the opposition (they can’t all have been bad, can they?) why not credit the impressive form of our defenders, who have carried out their defensive duties incredibly thus far. I

By all means express concerns that performances aren’t great, but let’s not talk rubbish about not deserving points in games where we clearly have deserved them.

G B Young
24-08-2020, 06:30 AM
November 23rd 2019.

That's how long it took us to accumulate 15 points last season. I'll this season's start over that any day no matter how it's achieved.

blackpoolhibs
24-08-2020, 06:42 AM
Having slept on it, no i does not have to be said.

Pretty Boy
24-08-2020, 07:03 AM
I don't understand why people get so angry about others having an opinion on a game of football that they have to resort to calling people names. If that's the level of debate you can muster then it invalidates any point you might have. Our own manger has quite openly commented on our level of performance after the last 2 games and intimated he wants more. Is he a '****ing idiot' or a 'moaning faced ****' as well? I don't really understand the 'only on Hibs.net' thing either. If you are locked in cell with access to only one website then that may be a fair point. If you have access to the rest of the Internet and freedom to speak to other humans then it is patently bull****.

I would have thought anyone with the ability to undertake basic critical analysis would understand it is possible to be delighted with 13 points from 15 whilst also harbouring some concerns about our performances, particularly in the last couple of games. Again that seems to be roughly in line with where our managers thoughts are. In terms of fixtures we have had a pretty favourable start. Our next 5 feature St Mirren, Hamilton, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic. That's a far tougher run by any measure and might give more of an indicator of where we are as a team.

There has been plenty to like about our start to the season and praise has been duly given for that. There are also areas of concern and people want to discuss that. The OP on this thread said we are boring to watch, I find it hard to disagree with that in our last 3 games. That doesn't mean I'm not delighted with 7 points from 9, it doesn't mean I want Ross out and it doesn't mean I don't accept there were plenty positives to take from each game as well.

Brightside
24-08-2020, 07:13 AM
Happy with the points. Work required on the style element it’s fair to say. It’s clear they are working to a plan though so I’d be careful about criticising the players during this period. Jack certainly not scared to change formation during a game but perhaps he’s being a little to safe and sure in some of these games.

Since452
24-08-2020, 07:14 AM
We've been envious of Aberdeens ability to grind out wins and finish 2nd/3rd constantly. Football has evolved into games of percentages. It's not pretty but that's how it is. If we tried to play expansive football we'd get picked off. The premiership is so tight behind the uglies that it's more like games of chess than football.

Bostonhibby
24-08-2020, 07:19 AM
As others have said, it's a work in progress, Nisbet was missing and Ross seems to recognise what needs to be done so I'm happy with the points and the general direction we are going.

Boring and turgid the last couple of games might have been but it's not as if we're on a Craig Levein style trip where that is actually the philosophy.

Just imagine the uproar if we were to continue to be strong defensively and grind out two boring turgid wins in the upcoming Scottish cup ties.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
24-08-2020, 07:20 AM

I quite like the ‘impossible to know what the thread is going to be about’ thread title.

This ones right up there with ‘Like do you know how when...’ and ‘I’m no’ being funny but...’

matty_f
24-08-2020, 07:21 AM
I quite like the ‘impossible to know what the thread is going to be about’ thread title.

This ones right up there with ‘Like do you know how when...’ and ‘I’m no’ being funny but...’

I’m waiting till the fans get back..

Ozyhibby
24-08-2020, 07:21 AM
I’m happy enough because we don’t have the players yet to dominate possession so JR is making the best of what he has. Newall is like playing with a man short in midfield. Totally anonymous yesterday again. Until we get a player in who can work hard in there we will struggle to dominate teams. Scott Allan need dropped as well. It’s not working for him just now. I’d play Mallan in there.

lucky
24-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Delighted with our points haul but not the performances. Our defence was been great and our strikers can score but it’s the midfield where we have been toiling. We’ve not been controlling games and have generally been overrun in the middle of the park. Yesterday was the first game this season where we’ve had most of the possession. Our passing has been awful but so have other teams. It appears we’ve found a way of winning games but no can say they are enjoying the football.

Greenio
24-08-2020, 07:30 AM

A 'fetch and carry' midfielder is the best description of what we need that I've heard. Spot on.

We've got hard, we've got safe, we've got a bit of flair (sometimes!) - what we need is a doer, like you say, someone that can get the ball and take it forward to turn it into something.

Who's on our shortlist for that role is what I'd like to know.

lord bunberry
24-08-2020, 07:32 AM
I’m happy enough because we don’t have the players yet to dominate possession so JR is making the best of what he has. Newall is like playing with a man short in midfield. Totally anonymous yesterday again. Until we get a player in who can work hard in there we will struggle to dominate teams. Scott Allan need dropped as well. It’s not working for him just now. I’d play Mallan in there.

I agree about Newell but I thought Allan was decent enough, he was getting on the ball and trying to make things happen. We need someone who can link the defence with the midfield, someone who can carry the ball up the pitch. So many times we play a few passes then it’s a chipped ball into the midfield, if someone runs with the ball it takes away the need for the high ball.

hibeedonald
24-08-2020, 07:56 AM

Agree with all of this.

hibsbollah
24-08-2020, 07:57 AM
I’m waiting till the fans get back..

:agree: Tin hat on, but...

B.H.F.C
24-08-2020, 08:29 AM
I agree about Newell but I thought Allan was decent enough, he was getting on the ball and trying to make things happen. We need someone who can link the defence with the midfield, someone who can carry the ball up the pitch. So many times we play a few passes then it’s a chipped ball into the midfield, if someone runs with the ball it takes away the need for the high ball.

Newell was the biggest issue in midfield for me yesterday. Offered nothing and it wasn’t the first time despite the previous high praise he’s been getting.

I thought Allan was fine in the first half then disappeared after the break. Mallan got the penalty obviously but didn’t do much in open play. I don’t think either of them are the issue though, we need someone who can get the ball and shift it to them quickly without the need to play it to the left back, then the right back, then Gogic before it’s passed forward.

Scouse Hibee
24-08-2020, 08:43 AM

I’m beginning to wonder if it’s only on .net that this type of over reaction to a valid opinion occurs.

Ozyhibby
24-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Newell was the biggest issue in midfield for me yesterday. Offered nothing and it wasn’t the first time despite the previous high praise he’s been getting.

I thought Allan was fine in the first half then disappeared after the break. Mallan got the penalty obviously but didn’t do much in open play. I don’t think either of them are the issue though, we need someone who can get the ball and shift it to them quickly without the need to play it to the left back, then the right back, then Gogic before it’s passed forward.

He gets high praise for the same reason Slivka used to get it. When he has the ball he can be very tidy and play a nice pass. The problem is he plays at a very slow tempo, doesn’t work hard to get into positions to receive the ball and puts in very little work at all to get the ball back when the other team has it. Joe Newall does an awful lot of jogging during a football match.

EAZY-ME
24-08-2020, 09:16 AM
I wonder how we would have got on yesterday in front of a crowd...... do you think we're winning games we would probably have lost last year due to less pressure from the support

calumhibee1
24-08-2020, 09:17 AM
Saw someone quote Heckingbottom (apparently) when he said you aren’t as bad as people make out and aren’t as good as people make out. It can go from one end of the scale to the other. We’ve had some luck (but then so did Aberdeen the other night with a deflection). Let’s just enjoy the start we’ve had and I’m sure JR and others will be looking at the weaker areas of the squad and be trying to improve them.

Victor
24-08-2020, 09:31 AM
I think some people fail to notice that there are two teams on the pitch. You can have flair and skill, but if the opposition are in your face all the time and are committing fouls when you have possession, then it is difficult to do anything other than grind out a result. Just look at last night’s Champions League final. Two flair teams who put on a ‘turgid’ display. In my opinion.

GRA
24-08-2020, 09:39 AM
Genuine question. Would people prefer it if, in the last few games, we played free flowing entertaining football but conceded soft goals and only picked up two points. Or would they rather we looked defensively solid but turgid yet were picking up full points most weeks?

Sammy7nil
24-08-2020, 09:41 AM
I think some people fail to notice that there are two teams on the pitch. You can have flair and skill, but if the opposition are in your face all the time and are committing fouls when you have possession, then it is difficult to do anything other than grind out a result. Just look at last night’s Champions League final. Two flair teams who put on a ‘turgid’ display. In my opinion.

If the Bayern v PSG game was turgid I would like to see more of that when Hibs are playing please.

Pagan Hibernia
24-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Genuine question. Would people prefer it if, in the last few games, we played free flowing entertaining football but conceded soft goals and only picked up two points. Or would they rather we looked defensively solid but turgid yet were picking up full points most weeks?

It shoudnt have to be one or the other. You can be defensively strong whilst attacking with flair and winning games.

in answer to your question, of course winning is what matters. It’s just that I was brought up to believe Hibs should always have at least the aspiration of playing good football. It’s one of the things that sets us apart from them across town. That may be completely historically incorrect but football fans are allowed to lie to themselves if they want :greengrin

cocteautwin
24-08-2020, 09:47 AM
Phone: Riiiing, riiiiing, riiiing . . .
Mr Hibee: Hullo
Mr Lottery: Hi Mr Hibee, it’s Mr Lottery here. Congratulations you’ve won £20m.
Mr Hibee: Nah mate
Mr Lottery: What?
Mr Hibee: I said Nah mate. Dinnae want it.
Mr Lottery: Why?
Mr Hibee: No class mate.
Mr Lottery: But your family has been in virtual poverty since the 1950s apart from a few brief windows of joy.
Mr Hibee: What good is £20m mate unless you’ve worked for it?
Mr Lottery: But but but . . . it’s a free £20m
Mr Hibee: Mate, Ah’ve huckin told you ah dinnae want it
Phone: bzzzzzzz

Unseen work
24-08-2020, 09:54 AM
I think sometimes people watch the English Premiership and forget what Scottish football is all about.

If you’ve played it at any competitive level you will know there’s no such thing as an easy game. Some teams just have this knack of being stuffy, hard to play against and break down.

In reality there’s not much between most teams. The difference with us is we’re solid and have really good attacking players that can hurt you, most teams in the league don’t have both. Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle and Allan can all win a game out of nothing. Once it all clicks into place we will be a real threat.

We’re not playing the best in terms of football but we’re solid and don’t look like conceding, do you know how long Iv been waiting to say that as a hibs fan?:greengrin

We will get a couple more additions to our team and guys like Allan and Boyle will find their form.

The more we win and keep grinding out results the more opposition will fear us.

Spike Mandela
24-08-2020, 10:03 AM

Who in the Scottish Premiership would you most like to be watching for their exciting style at this particular time?

Sammy7nil
24-08-2020, 10:09 AM
Who in the Scottish Premiership would you most like to be watching for their exciting style at this particular time?

We are all Hibs fans Spike and not really the point. Maybe the original poster is a bit OTT but we there is no hiding the fact we have been poor and not enjoyable to watch at all.

KingPat4
24-08-2020, 10:19 AM
We are all Hibs fans Spike and not really the point. Maybe the original poster is a bit OTT but we there is no hiding the fact we have been poor and not enjoyable to watch at all.

Aye, we was rubbish at Livingston tae.

Heisenberg
24-08-2020, 10:25 AM

I’d struggle to name any other team in the league that has been free flowing and full of neat passing movements in every game (outside of the OF, even then they’ve been shocking on occasion too). I honestly couldn’t care less how enjoyable we are to watch if we win. We’ve moaned for long enough about Aberdeen doing it.

The Modfather
24-08-2020, 10:42 AM

If we’re talking about a few game spell then I doubt anyone would prefer the option with lesser points. If we’re talking about an extended period, or Aberdeen-esque consistency, but done the Aberdeen way and similar to a lot of our games so far. Speaking for myself, I’d rather finish lower in the table but enjoy a lot more games. I ended up doing other things in the house yesterday and keeping an eye on the score rather than watch the game and didn’t regret it.

weecounty hibby
24-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Not sure if mentioned be we do not play like Aberdeen. We don't do the rotational fouling and constantly stop the game, we don't chase the ref about when a decision goes against us and so far I haven't seen us drop both our strikers back into defence like I saw McInnes do at ER once. We do look solid and play for the full 90 though and are picking up wins when the opposition look to try to stop our positive play. Both Dundee United and St Johnstone were organised and had no issues with booting our creative players. We still found ways to win both games

Sammy7nil
24-08-2020, 10:47 AM
I’d struggle to name any other team in the league that has been free flowing and full of neat passing movements in every game (outside of the OF, even then they’ve been shocking on occasion too). I honestly couldn’t care less how enjoyable we are to watch if we win. We’ve moaned for long enough about Aberdeen doing it.

That is fine and I agree to a certain extent. More than happy to watch boring football For a season or two if there is an end result for example a cup or third or fourth in the league. However there will come a time when that just won’t cut it for me.

I loved The Mowbray and McLeish teams even Alex Millers with Keith, O’Neill, Crunchie and Jackson great times I could not wait to get along to ER to see them Bobby Williamson and Heckys teams not so much.

Sammy7nil
24-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Aye, we was rubbish at Livingston tae.

No we were not but it was not all silky football either Livvy had more possession a little strange we actually won so comfortably.

Onion
24-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Not really bothered about boring football and ugly wins at the moment. We just need to keep grinding out wins and putting points on the board while fans are absent. When fans are allowed back in, those points should allow Hibs to be more relax, expansive and entertaining.

Those clubs struggling in empty stadiums, we start to feel the pressure when their fans are allowed back in.

h1bs4life
24-08-2020, 12:19 PM
Not really bothered about boring football and ugly wins at the moment. We just need to keep grinding out wins and putting points on the board while fans are absent. When fans are allowed back in, those points should allow Hibs to be more relax, expansive and entertaining.

Those clubs struggling in empty stadiums, we start to feel the pressure when their fans are allowed back in.

Agree , the football with the exception of Livi has not been the best but the defence has been solid and in most games we have more shots on taget.
Having watched quite a few games in different leagues it is rare to watch an actual decent game behind closed doors.
We have the players who can cause issues for other teams
Newell and Horgan are not good enough Jack Ross is well aware midfield is the issue. He is actively looking to strengthen the fact we look like we will pay transfer fees is encouraging. Considering the circumstances we had done well bringing in 3 players hopefully another couple still to come in .
Would be more concerned if the manager was saying he was happy with the squad.
Hopefully grind out another 3 points against Aberdeen, wonder what the reaction will be if we play them off the park as we have done against them recently but then lost out to them scoring with there only chance.

Greenio
24-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Agree , the football with the exception of Livi has not been the best but the defence has been solid and in most games we have more shots on taget.
Having watched quite a few games in different leagues it is rare to watch an actual decent game behind closed doors.
We have the players who can cause issues for other teams
Newell and Horgan are not good enough Jack Ross is well aware midfield is the issue. He is actively looking to strengthen the fact we look like we will pay transfer fees is encouraging. Considering the circumstances we had done well bringing in 3 players hopefully another couple still to come in .
Would be more concerned if the manager was saying he was happy with the squad.
Hopefully grind out another 3 points against Aberdeen, wonder what the reaction will be if we play them off the park as we have done against them recently but then lost out to them scoring with there only chance.

I wonder if games just seem a bit ***** because there is no atmosphere?

Be interested to look at the stats of post covid matches that 'make' a game good - goals, shots, runs etc, and compare this to games with fans

Vault Boy
24-08-2020, 01:44 PM
I don't understand why people get so angry about others having an opinion on a game of football that they have to resort to calling people names. If that's the level of debate you can muster then it invalidates any point you might have. Our own manger has quite openly commented on our level of performance after the last 2 games and intimated he wants more. Is he a '****ing idiot' or a 'moaning faced ****' as well? I don't really understand the 'only on Hibs.net' thing either. If you are locked in cell with access to only one website then that may be a fair point. If you have access to the rest of the Internet and freedom to speak to other humans then it is patently bull****.

I would have thought anyone with the ability to undertake basic critical analysis would understand it is possible to be delighted with 13 points from 15 whilst also harbouring some concerns about our performances, particularly in the last couple of games. Again that seems to be roughly in line with where our managers thoughts are. In terms of fixtures we have had a pretty favourable start. Our next 5 feature St Mirren, Hamilton, Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic. That's a far tougher run by any measure and might give more of an indicator of where we are as a team.

There has been plenty to like about our start to the season and praise has been duly given for that. There are also areas of concern and people want to discuss that. The OP on this thread said we are boring to watch, I find it hard to disagree with that in our last 3 games. That doesn't mean I'm not delighted with 7 points from 9, it doesn't mean I want Ross out and it doesn't mean I don't accept there were plenty positives to take from each game as well.

This is the take for me.

Some civility and respect towards others who sincerely hold different standards or opinions than your own is required here. Trolling and relentless, overbearing negativity is one thing, managing to stay grounded and recognise the negative aspects of performances, despite us accumulating some excellent results is another.

Most folk on here with some criticism to give are doing the latter.

Dashing Bob S
24-08-2020, 01:56 PM

Waaaay too sensible a post for a football forum. Some of us attend games and post on here to indulge our deep seated neuroses, and underlying feeling, let's face it, that our own performance in the bedroom, if it takes place at all, just isn't up to scratch. We are an important element of this fanbase and we shouldn't be disenfranchised by those who resort to reason.

Vault Boy
24-08-2020, 02:12 PM
Waaaay too sensible a post for a football forum. Some of us attend games and post on here to indulge our deep seated neuroses, and underlying feeling, let's face it, that our own performance in the bedroom, if it takes place at all, just isn't up to scratch. We are an important element of this fanbase and we shouldn't be disenfranchised by those who resort to reason.

Not often that a post genuinely makes me laugh out loud. :faf:

Bostonhibby
24-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Waaaay too sensible a post for a football forum. Some of us attend games and post on here to indulge our deep seated neuroses, and underlying feeling, let's face it, that our own performance in the bedroom, if it takes place at all, just isn't up to scratch. We are an important element of this fanbase and we shouldn't be disenfranchised by those who resort to reason.A point brilliantly made, but it doesn't apply to all of us I've finally got round to decorating the bedroom, 2 coats of gloss on all the woodwork, 3 emulsion on the walls and ceiling.

Apparently it's the best thing I've done in there in years. Chuffed to bits.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

mjhibby
24-08-2020, 03:55 PM
This is the take for me.

Some civility and respect towards others who sincerely hold different standards or opinions than your own is required here. Trolling and relentless, overbearing negativity is one thing, managing to stay grounded and recognise the negative aspects of performances, despite us accumulating some excellent results is another.

Most folk on here with some criticism to give are doing the latter.

Having watched a lot of highlights of games and particularly Livi v sevco most teams are very defensively set up and hard to break down. Sevco struggled to make any clear cut chances when if that was us we would be moanin not good enough. Our defence and Gogic have given us a great platform and it’s just certain aspects in the midfield we need to improve on. I’m sure our manager is aware of what needs to be done but 13 out of 15 points is not to be sneezed at whatever the fixtures were.

The 90+2
24-08-2020, 04:30 PM
I wonder how we would have got on yesterday in front of a crowd...... do you think we're winning games we would probably have lost last year due to less pressure from the support

Probably the same. Our support isn’t the issue or as bad as some people want to make out all the time.