PDA

View Full Version : Stokes

h1bs4life
22-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Now official Stokes to Livi on year deal. Good luck Tony against everyone apart from us. Best individual performance have seen in a big game in a Hibs jersey.
If crowds allowed in will be giving a bit of a clap when he plays against us.
Another daft laddie in the O'Connor/ Riordan mould.
Oops misspelt name on header , mods can you change please

ac1
22-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Legend - Pulled a performance out of the bag when it was needed most. All the best Stokesy! 🔥

The 90+2
22-08-2020, 04:35 PM
All the best legend.

EAZY-ME
22-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Stokes bartley and ambrose.... not a bad team thier building

22-08-2020, 04:49 PM
Legend. Hope he gets a good reception when he faces us.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2020, 04:55 PM
Legend. Hope he gets a good reception when he faces us.

Those cardboard cut outs will give him a rousing reception.

EI255
22-08-2020, 05:02 PM
Good luck Stokesy.

Hibernian legend.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

22-08-2020, 05:16 PM

We don't play them at ER until 2nd Jan so hopefully there'll be fans in.

Since452
22-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Best 90 minute performance I've seen from a Hibernian player hands down to win our holy grail. Good luck to him.

Scouse Hibee
22-08-2020, 05:25 PM
We don't play them at ER until 2nd Jan so hopefully there'll be fans in.

Good point 😁

The 90+2
22-08-2020, 05:28 PM

Should get a row of Stokesy cardboard cutouts running away from the huns end at hampden 🤔

SaulGoodman
22-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Tony Macaroni Stokes

Hibiza
22-08-2020, 05:38 PM
Good luck sur.

The Harp Awakes
22-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Good luck Stokesy. Go get them Huns again :not worth

Myweebruv
22-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Stokesy is a legend for that Scottish Cup Final performance and we all owe him a debt of gratitude for playing a major part in helping exorcise that 114 year ghost.
Good luck Anthony.

Pretty Boy
22-08-2020, 08:00 PM
If there are fans in the ground when he returns to ER then he is more than deserving of a huge ovation.

Unplayable that day and arguably one of the finest individual performances by a Hibs player in a generation.

superfurryhibby
22-08-2020, 08:03 PM
Best 90 minute performance I've seen from a Hibernian player hands down to win our holy grail. Good luck to him.

Agreed, his play that glorious day must go down as one of the greatest and most iconic ever from any Hibernian? The man set the tone from the off, played to best of his talent and inspired his teammates. Given the burden of history, all those illustrious players who failed to deliver that cup, all that hurt (lol-cos it doesnae matter any more)....thank **** for Stokes.

I'll remember that game for the rest of my days and give thanks to them all, but for me it was Stokes's final.

Will always have a soft spot for him, got to wish him all the best.

Sammy7nil
22-08-2020, 08:07 PM
Legend :aok::top marks:aok:

I hope he shows the same enthusiasm he did against us as he did for us in most of his last spell 😁

marinello59
22-08-2020, 08:08 PM
I rarely applaud Hibs players when they return to ER with another team. I’ll certainly be giving Stokes a standing ovation. I could never thank him enough for what he did that day.

Juniper Greens
22-08-2020, 08:11 PM

I hope he shows the same enthusiasm he did against us as he did for us in most of his last spell 😁

I think that's unfair. Half a season 21 appearances and 11 goals. Not bad at all! People forget that about his last spell. He was one of our best players at the time, and people were very worried when he was emptied

The 90+2
22-08-2020, 08:14 PM
I rarely applaud Hibs players when they return to ER with another team. I’ll certainly be giving Stokes a standing ovation. I could never thank him enough for what he did that day.

One man crusade we will probably never see again. Despite any of his faults he’s a genuine legend. Made us decent money too first time around.

cabbageandribs1875
22-08-2020, 08:21 PM
his last spell with us mostly consisted of him up top all on his ownsome quite often having to come back to near midfield just to get a touch of the ball, needed wingers taking the ball to the byeline and crossing in for him, cummings also had to play that roll now and then as well

i like my strikers in the box getting the ball cut back to them
sigh, the good ol days/formations :)

superfurryhibby
22-08-2020, 08:33 PM

Aye, but....name a better performance in a Hibs jersey since you started watching the Hibs?

MWHIBBIES
22-08-2020, 08:40 PM

If he scores 11 in 21 one Livi he will be a poty candidate.

Sammy7nil
22-08-2020, 09:32 PM
Aye, but....name a better performance in a Hibs jersey since you started watching the Hibs?

Fantastic performance can never take that away from him. I am an auld guy and watched the Tornadoes so I have seen a few good performances. I agree Stokes is right up there with the best.

matty_f
22-08-2020, 09:38 PM

Couldn’t agree more.

superfurryhibby
22-08-2020, 09:38 PM
Fantastic performance can never take that away from him. I am an auld guy and watched the Tornadoes so I have seen a few good performances. I agree Stokes is right up there with the best.

Me too. My Hibernian experience starts pre-Tornadoes (just). Given all the extenuating factors, boy did good. :thumbsup:

Onion
22-08-2020, 09:39 PM
Legend. Will be talking about that performance 50 years from now.

FilipinoHibs
22-08-2020, 09:47 PM
The most iconic Hibs picture ever, when Stokesy celebrated the opening goal in the cup final with the huns smoke bombs going off in the background. Best of luck.

jacomo
22-08-2020, 09:53 PM
If there are fans in the ground when he returns to ER then he is more than deserving of a huge ovation.

Unplayable that day and arguably one of the finest individual performances by a Hibs player in a generation.

50:50 he will still be at Livi by new year but I’m sure Hibs fans will give him a warm reception if it does happen.

Eyrie
22-08-2020, 10:04 PM
For that performance in the Scottish Cup final, I'd be tempted to applaud Stokes if he came back with Hearts.

I did applaud him when he took his seat in the stand at a game he'd come to watch the next season.

Squealing pig
22-08-2020, 10:55 PM
All the best stokesy 🔥🔥

Since452
23-08-2020, 07:05 AM
The most iconic Hibs picture ever, when Stokesy celebrated the opening goal in the cup final with the huns smoke bombs going off in the background. Best of luck.

Always makes me chuckle that.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-08-2020, 07:12 AM

fortunate we’ve had a few iconic Hibs moments iirc I kicked off a thread on this but it was pre SC win. Archie-the-Jinx but one more.

Billy Whizz
23-08-2020, 07:51 AM
Always makes me chuckle that.

Might have to watch the highlights again😄

WeeRussell
23-08-2020, 07:53 AM
Potential to be a great signing for them.

hibsbollah
23-08-2020, 07:58 AM

I don’t think it is arguable. Certainly I’ve never seen a better performance in my lifetime. We don’t win it without him, it’s that simple.

Dashing Bob S
23-08-2020, 09:14 AM
Anybody who doesn't accord him beyond legendary status as a true Hibernian giant is a waste of space as far as I'm concerned. Watching him rampage down that wing putting the fear of god into those huns at THAT game is as good as watching Hibs ever has or ever will get.

BILLYHIBS
23-08-2020, 09:25 AM
If the fans aren’t back when Livvy come calling what price a couple of Elvis cutouts strategically positioned around the ground just to mess with his focus ? 😃

we are hibs
23-08-2020, 11:32 AM
Great to see so many complimentary comments on a thread on here about a Hibs legend for a change. Hes a proper Hibs legend. His goals against Inverness shouldnt be forgotten either. Neither should our first game back at Ibrox after the final when he just went about the park chucking Huns about and getting away with it :greengrin

Hillsidehibby
23-08-2020, 11:40 AM
Man love. I'm away to watch the highlights.:fire:

Since452
23-08-2020, 11:52 AM
Agreed, his play that glorious day must go down as one of the greatest and most iconic ever from any Hibernian? The man set the tone from the off, played to best of his talent and inspired his teammates. Given the burden of history, all those illustrious players who failed to deliver that cup, all that hurt (lol-cos it doesnae matter any more)....thank **** for Stokes.

I'll remember that game for the rest of my days and give thanks to them all, but for me it was Stokes's final.

Will always have a soft spot for him, got to wish him all the best.

Sums it up really well. Having been at the club before he was only too aware of the weight of history on the clubs shoulders regarding the cup. It's been too much for other players. His performance was nothing short of heroic that day. I'll always be eternally grateful.

Sheffhibee
23-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Shrewd signing for Livvy, more than capable of double figures in this league Good Luck Stokesy:flag:

flash
23-08-2020, 12:10 PM
Just watched the highlights again. As stated above the best individual performance I have ever seen in a Hibs jersey.

CMurdoch
23-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Different Stokes for Different Folks
Ah Ah Ah ........Everyday people

Just_Jimmy
23-08-2020, 12:27 PM
£2m in the bank for dykes and a potentially fit and firing with a point to prove football god?

Business...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The Harp
23-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Stokesy is the man, above everyone else, who ensured auld Hibees of my generation, were able to see our Holy Grail return to the Leith San Siro before popping our clogs.
That'll never be forgotten. I wish him all the luck in the world.

YehButNoBut
23-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Stokesy is the man, above everyone else, who ensured auld Hibees of my generation, were able to see our Holy Grail return to the Leith San Siro before popping our clogs.

Exactly he deserves all our respect for ever more. It's a team game but there is no doubt without his epic performance on the day it's unlikely we would have won.

We've a lot to thank him for.

MWHIBBIES
23-08-2020, 01:07 PM

A legend no doubt but definitely not above Lewis and Hanlon from that team IMO. Stokes was the difference that day but their hard work for many years along with amazing contributions from McGinn, McGregor, Fonts and of course David Gray helped get us to that point.

Not a dig at Stokes in any way of course, but just in my view he is behind guys who contributed over many years.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2020, 01:25 PM

I'd probably wait until he gets subbed or until the end of the game but I'd absolutely give him a clap.

He made my lifelong dream come true.

murray26
23-08-2020, 01:28 PM
Good luck Stokesy 💚💚

erin go bragh
23-08-2020, 02:39 PM
As been said by a few already. Greatest individual performance for us on that special day in May . 🔥🔥
Great bit of business by Livi

CMurdoch
23-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Anthony Stokes has lots of faults and issues but for 90 minutes in the 2016 Scottish Cup Final he managed to find a focus, drive and majesty unseen by me previously in a Hibs player on the biggest of occasions.
It was exhilarating when he scored the equaliser. On the day he would not be denied.
The Stokes Final.

h1bs4life
23-08-2020, 08:40 PM
The whole team were brilliant that day. Stokes set the tone took out a Hun player 1st chance he had then scored the early goal.
Sir David played a captains role magnificently.
What seems to be forgotten is that we were the better team and thoroughly deserved to win. The pitch invasion was the get out for the Huns and there cronies in the press to ignore that fact and only talk about after the final whistle.
Was there with my Auld man and father in law both in there eighties both thought they were never going to see it , in my mid fifties I was beginning to think I would never see it.
If i seen any of the team or backroom staff in a pub I would gladly buy them a pint if I seen Stokes it would a pint and a nip.

jgl07
23-08-2020, 09:09 PM
50:50 he will still be at Livi by new year but I’m sure Hibs fans will give him a warm reception if it does happen.

I am sure he will get a great reception if he returns to Easter Road.

I wouldn't put money on it happening though!

Onceinawhile
23-08-2020, 09:44 PM
Boy could score a hat trick and then pop a squat in the centre circle and I'd still applaud him.