PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan and the 'Natural Order' game

theonlywayisup
22-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Loved Scott's comment about the 'Natural Order' game. He talks about it and his hopes for still playing for Scotland in an Evening News article copied below.

Hibs ace Scott Allan reveals Scotland ambition and the delight over 'natural order' derby win. The playmaker believes he has something to offer the national team.

Hibs ace Scott Allan has not given up on earning a Scotland call-up. The 28-year-old has revealed it is still an ambition of his to earn international recognition.

Allan has 10 caps for Scotland’s U21 but has never been given the opportunity to make an appearance for the national team, despite impressing for Hibs over three spells and being signed by Celtic.

The playmaker is one of the most creative players in the country and he believes he can take those qualities on to the international stage.

Although a quirk of fate sees Steve Clarke, the man who released him from West Brom, in charge.

He told BBC Sportsound: “For me, I’d look back at certain clubs and feel I have underachieved there. Some not given the time I needed to adjust to certain things. It was always an ambition when I was young to be in the Scotland team.

"I still think now at 28 it’s never too late. I need to keep showing fans what I can do and make the Scotland set-up see you need that type of player in your team that can cut somebody open.

“I would love it to get the call-up but Stevie Clarke was the guy who let me go from West Brom all those years ago.”

‘Natural order’

Allan, who revealed Alan Stubbs initially wanted the player to come on trial ahead of signing back in 2014, picked out an Edinburgh derby has his career high.

In March 2018 the player netted in a 2-0 win which will be remembered as the ‘natural order’ derby.

Then Hearts boss had made comments about the ‘natural order’ of the Edinburgh derby following a Scottish Cup win for the Tynecastle side. It left then Easter Road manager Neil Lennon fuming.

Hibs won the match comfortably in Leith with the home support unfurling a banner which read: ‘Natural order?’. It prompted an iconic photo of Craig Levein with the flag in the background hanging in the background.

“It was more for Lenny,” Allan said. “We just didn’t want to let him down. He was delighted, absolutely delighted.”

For those wanting the EN article https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-ace-scott-allan-reveals-scotland-ambition-and-delight-over-natural-order-derby-win-2947921?itm_source=parsely-api

Smartie
22-08-2020, 07:13 AM
I get laughed at for this but I’d have him in the Scotland squad.

Not a starter every game, but the number of Scotland games that Scotland “should be winning” that I’ve seen fizzle out into a draw due to a lack of creativity, invention and spark in the final third...

He’s the perfect player to come on with half an hour to go in a game like that and cut a team open.

You’d need a decent striker in there too, of course...

Jones28
22-08-2020, 07:17 AM

Not a starter every game, but the number of Scotland games that Scotland “should be winning” that I’ve seen fizzle out into a draw due to a lack of creativity, invention and spark in the final third...

He’s the perfect player to come on with half an hour to go in a game like that and cut a team open.

Triple call up for KN, Allan and Porto 👍🏻

Jones28
22-08-2020, 07:25 AM
Bizarre to think a player with Scott Allan’s ability doesn’t have more to say about achievements in the game.

BILLYHIBS
22-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Bizarre to think a player with Scott Allan’s ability doesn’t have more to say about achievements in the game.
Coulda had a Scottish Cup Winners medal? :rolleyes:

Since452
22-08-2020, 08:32 AM
https://youtu.be/PMtf3pyMAP4

Just a reminder

theonlywayisup
22-08-2020, 08:37 AM

Just a reminder

"Edinburgh, right now, is Green and White".

He obviously knew what was coming!

NadeAteMyLunch!
22-08-2020, 08:41 AM
Hopefully back starting tomorrow.

Loved bitter auld Levein after the game saying we won with two scuffed goals. Allan’s goal voted goal of the month a couple of weeks later [emoji38]

Pagan Hibernia
22-08-2020, 10:58 AM
Hopefully back starting tomorrow.

Loved bitter auld Levein after the game saying we won with two scuffed goals. Allan’s goal voted goal of the month a couple of weeks later [emoji38]

nothing scuffed about Maclarens that night either, beautifully directed shot into the corner...

compare those goals with their bundled effort in the cup tie a few weeks earlier. Now that was a typical hearts goal if ever I saw one

Danderhall Hibs
22-08-2020, 11:27 AM
nothing scuffed about Maclarens that night either, beautifully directed shot into the corner...

compare those goals with their bundled effort in the cup tie a few weeks earlier. Now that was a typical hearts goal if ever I saw one

He did - sure he said something like the first goal came from a throw in, like we had lunched a long one into the mixer!

Booked4Being-Ugly
22-08-2020, 11:53 AM
What a night, what a game to witness.

i still don’t know how McLaren managed to dig the ball out for his goal. Loved McLaren, I thought he was a cracking wee player.

Northernhibee
22-08-2020, 12:03 PM

i still don’t know how McLaren managed to dig the ball out for his goal. Loved McLaren, I thought he was a cracking wee player.

Me too. Terribly used in his second loan spell but the sort of striker I'd like to have at us now.

Unseen work
22-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Let’s hope this determination to get in the national team gets him back to his best with us, where he’s creating, scoring and dominating games

Its not like Scotland lack good centre mids either

Christie
McGinn
McLean
McTominay
Armstrong
Jack
MCGregor
Cairney
Shinnie
Fleck

He would have to be in the form of his career to get in it.

Jones28
22-08-2020, 02:04 PM

He cracked a brilliant strike off the bar too. What a goal that would have been.

Smartie
22-08-2020, 02:14 PM
Let’s hope this determination to get in the national team gets him back to his best with us, where he’s creating, scoring and dominating games

Its not like Scotland lack good centre mids either

Christie
McGinn
McLean
McTominay
Armstrong
Jack
MCGregor
Cairney
Shinnie
Fleck

He would have to be in the form of his career to get in it.

He would, but he’s different to all of those players - which is why I’d have him in there.

Scotland too often only have the option of replacing an underperforming player with a similar player when things aren’t going well.

You don’t play Scott Allan away to a big team when you need to get behind the ball, graft and hopefully scrape a point.

But I think he’d be invaluable for rescuing 3 points against weaker sides at Hampden.

Remember how good he was with better players in midfield with him during his last spell.

HendoDelivered
22-08-2020, 03:21 PM
What a game that was.

Frazerbob
22-08-2020, 03:34 PM
I really like Scotty. The type of player we’re all happy to pay good money to watch and seems a decent sort off the pitch. However he’s a million miles away from the Scotland squad unless there’s mass withdrawals. He needs to get into our starting 11 and last more than 60 minutes first before he’ll be seriously considered.

Since452
22-08-2020, 03:37 PM
What a game that was.

Not sure if I can ever remember a bigger roar at a goal at ER than when JM scored the second. Maybe only surpassed by the third in the 5-5 game with the huns

AgentDaleCooper
22-08-2020, 03:53 PM

a midfield 3 of allan, mcginn and mctomminay would be very effective IMO.

iwasthere1972
23-08-2020, 01:34 PM

Just a reminder

How good was that. I was one of the lucky ones to be there that night to witness us pumping the jambos.

Haven't been to Easter Road since about then due to health reasons but hoping to get back there sometime in the future.