PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Cup dates 2020/21

H18 SFR
21-08-2020, 07:48 AM
Has anyone noticed any information about the dates for season 2020/21 Scottish Cup rounds?

I have searched the internet but can't find anything. We all normally go to a game abroad in Jan/Feb, with everything going on, a trip to Salford City is on the cards, trying to pick my preferred dates.

SweetDreams
21-08-2020, 07:52 AM
Has anyone noticed any information about the dates for season 2020/21 Scottish Cup rounds?

I have searched the internet but can't find anything. We all normally go to a game abroad in Jan/Feb, with everything going on, a trip to Salford City is on the cards, trying to pick my preferred dates.

I expect they can't announce anything until the end of the 19/20 campaign? Possibly because of the sponsor change too.

H18 SFR
21-08-2020, 07:53 AM
I expect they can't announce anything until the end of the 19/20 campaign? Possibly because of the sponsor change too.

Yeah, makes sense, I was just hoping the dates were set. Ach well.

Billy Whizz
21-08-2020, 07:55 AM

Doesn’t seem to be any dates in January
Looking at the fixture card, there are no Premiership games on the 20th Feb and 13th March, possibly both available for Scottish Cup games

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/scores-fixtures/2021-02

SweetDreams
21-08-2020, 07:57 AM
Yeah, makes sense, I was just hoping the dates were set. Ach well.

The weekend of January 30th and 31st are currently not scheduled with games so it could well be that weekend.

Billy Whizz
21-08-2020, 06:06 PM
The weekend of January 30th and 31st are currently not scheduled with games so it could well be that weekend.

Good spot

hibbysam
21-08-2020, 06:56 PM
They haven’t even decided how many teams are entering, never mind when the games will be. A shambles to be fair, and makes a mockery of the competition if member clubs aren’t allowed to enter. Should be multiple prelims/qualifiers/early rounds played back to back in October/November for the non league sides to get the competition started and then follow a usual calendar for the 4th round onwards.