PDA

View Full Version : Sportscene

JimBHibees
17-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Just watched the Saturday show and apart from the obligatory Hearts representation in Naismith during the Hibs highlights the commentator when seeing Pat Stanton in the crowd recognised Pat as Hibs owner Ron Gordon. Dear oh dear. :faf::faf:

BILLYHIBS
17-08-2020, 12:44 PM
Even funnier was the clip of Bartley thinking he was a footballer and trying a Cruyff turn

Since452
17-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Just watched the Saturday show and apart from the obligatory Hearts representation in Naismith during the Hibs highlights the commentator when seeing Pat Stanton in the crowd recognised Pat as Hibs owner Ron Gordon. Dear oh dear. :faf::faf:

Saw that. Just assumed an old guy with grey hair was Ron Gordon. Poor

Kato
17-08-2020, 02:54 PM
Saw that. Just assumed an old guy with grey hair was Ron Gordon. PoorOr trolling.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

CMurdoch
17-08-2020, 03:00 PM

My pet hate is when professional sports journalists don't know their subject.
Pat ****in' Stanton, Mr Hibs for 50 years.

givescotlandfreedom
17-08-2020, 03:07 PM
Even Sky knew who he was and they were live.

Danderhall Hibs
17-08-2020, 03:16 PM
The boy apologised later - Alasdair Lamont I think.

Squealing pig
18-08-2020, 11:14 AM
10pm tonight bbc Scotland program on Garry O’Connor

WhileTheChief..
18-08-2020, 12:09 PM
The boy apologised later - Alasdair Lamont I think.

OP would never mention that though.

It’s all about knocking the BBC at every opportunity, even absolutely trivial things like this!

Kato
18-08-2020, 12:17 PM

It’s all about knocking the BBC at every opportunity, even absolutely trivial things like this!

It's trivial thing after trivial thing, that's the problem. How many of Hibs penalty claims, not given, have been highlighted on Sportscene. My count for the 4 games this season is none.

04Sauzee
18-08-2020, 01:03 PM
Who's been naughty?

https://twitter.com/Morton_FC/status/1295702635379646465?s=19

JimBHibees
18-08-2020, 02:27 PM

Actually didn't know he had. Absolute schoolboy error I would have thought. Would he have got Ann Budge mixed up with Donald Ford or Medals Mackay. :greengrin

BBC deserve every bashing they get if they are now a Hearts podcast aka Sportsound and highlights programme featuring Hearts people over and over and over again.

19-08-2020, 08:27 PM
Who's been naughty?

https://twitter.com/Morton_FC/status/1295702635379646465?s=19

Levein said that Morton and Raith had complained to the SFA that Hearts had an unfair advantage because they were training and he said it was Tom English that had told him that. Tom English spoke immediately after Levein and changed the conversation to the Aberdeen and Celtic situation. By doing that and not denying he told Levein that confirms to me he did say that to Levein.

Morton now saying it was a lie and the BBC having to apologise, as far as I'm concerned, is proof enough that English is making stuff up (either that or Scott Gardiner texted it to him). This is as bad as what Michael Stewart said about Traynor, which got him suspended by the BBC and then effectively shunted out, albeit he's since had the odd appearance here and there.

There should be similar action taken against Levein and English but they'll get away with it because it was only about Morton and not Rangers.

bawheid
19-08-2020, 09:58 PM
It’s just what happens when you put a Jambo in charge of editorial content at BBC Sport Scotland. Before you know it you’ve got features on Rudi Skacel, numerous reruns of Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian and the entire radio output dedicated to bleating about Hearts getting relegated for being the worst team in the league for 15 months.

Just switch it off.

matty_f
19-08-2020, 10:06 PM
It’s just what happens when you put a Jambo in charge of editorial content at BBC Sport Scotland. Before you know it you’ve got features on Rudi Skacel, numerous reruns of Motherwell 6-6 Hibernian and the entire radio output dedicated to bleating about Hearts getting relegated for being the worst team in the league for 15 months.

Just switch it off.
Considering they’re a Championship team with no competitive games for over a month, the amount of coverage they have enjoyed on Sportsound is totally disproportionate to their relevance to Scottish football at the moment.

Where was the outcry about how unfair it was on St Johnstone to have their actual competitive game (not just a few days training) postponed because of Aberdeen’s players’ actions? Where were Tommy Wrights three or four nights’ appearances to complain about how unfair it was?

It’s actually been laughable (literally, laugh aloud moments) the amount of coverage that’s been dedicated to them. I’d be moved to complain of it hadn’t all been so fantastically hilarious.

jacomo
19-08-2020, 10:06 PM
Levein said that Morton and Raith had complained to the SFA that Hearts had an unfair advantage because they were training and he said it was Tom English that had told him that. Tom English spoke immediately after Levein and changed the conversation to the Aberdeen and Celtic situation. By doing that and not denying he told Levein that confirms to me he did say that to Levein.

Morton now saying it was a lie and the BBC having to apologise, as far as I'm concerned, is proof enough that English is making stuff up (either that or Scott Gardiner texted it to him). This is as bad as what Michael Stewart said about Traynor, which got him suspended by the BBC and then effectively shunted out, albeit he's since had the odd appearance here and there.

There should be similar action taken against Levein and English but they'll get away with it because it was only about Morton and not Rangers.

Totally different situation.

Michael Stewart was giving his opinion which was emotional but essentially true.

Tom English appears to be just making stuff up to suit his agenda.

#2 Double Tap
23-08-2020, 10:16 PM
that studio gives me the boak.

whats with the maroon n white table that looks like a hearts flag and all that blue; background, floor and sofas.

Davy Mac
23-08-2020, 10:27 PM
Didn't see the game today other than tonight's highlights nd actually though we played better that what the radio/hibs.net posters were spouting earlier.

But have to say all I've heard all weekend is hertz related people and then up popped wee nerd Naismith tonight.

BBC GTF

Sir David Gray
23-08-2020, 10:34 PM
What do we reckon might be the thought process behind having manager interviews during the Motherwell-Hamilton highlights?

Very bizarre. :confused:

FilipinoHibs
23-08-2020, 10:34 PM
Didn't see the game today other than tonight's highlights nd actually though we played better that what the radio/hibs.net posters were spouting earlier.

But have to say all I've heard all weekend is hertz related people and then up popped wee nerd Naismith tonight.

BBC GTF

Nerd is an introverted intellectual. I prefer wee naf.

Sir David Gray
23-08-2020, 10:40 PM
What do we reckon might be the thought process behind having manager interviews during the Motherwell-Hamilton highlights?

Very bizarre. :confused:

Now doing it for the St Mirren game.

KingPat4
23-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Usual ***** and no mention of why Craig was sent off. Naismith would make Lurch sound like Einstein.

Calum - answer a question with a question- Davidson, utter drivel.

Should have waited to watch on Hibs TV, just gives me the dry boak.

#2 Double Tap
23-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Now doing it for the St Mirren game.

replying to yourself, do you have hairy palms?

haha.

vuefrom1875
24-08-2020, 12:36 AM

Ignorance of a legend........forever in our shadows

Iain G
24-08-2020, 06:41 AM
Usual ***** and no mention of why Craig was sent off. Naismith would make Lurch sound like Einstein.

Calum - answer a question with a question- Davidson, utter drivel.

Should have waited to watch on Hibs TV, just gives me the dry boak.

In fairness to Calum Davidson, the full interview was McLaughlin trying to goad him into saying something controversial with rhetorical and open ended questioning. Davidson said categorically he wouldn't make comment that would get him into any kind of bother yet Brian McLaughlin kept trying to tease something out of him.

Oh and Naismith looks like a talking bawbag.

G15 Hibs
24-08-2020, 08:29 AM
In fairness to Calum Davidson, the full interview was McLaughlin trying to goad him into saying something controversial with rhetorical and open ended questioning. Davidson said categorically he wouldn't make comment that would get him into any kind of bother yet Brian McLaughlin kept trying to tease something out of him.

Thought Davidson was very fair, balanced and subjective in the Sky interview immediately after the game. Seems the BBC were maybe looking for soundbites for folks to get annoyed at on social media.

hibeejeebies
24-08-2020, 11:04 AM
Thought Davidson was very fair, balanced and subjective in the Sky interview immediately after the game. Seems the BBC were maybe looking for soundbites for folks to get annoyed at on social media.

I agree, measured and dignified in defeat.

Keith_M
24-08-2020, 11:55 AM

BBC GTF

I watched the five minutes or so of the game on Sportscene and, if that was all you'd seen of the match, you genuinely would have thought it was quite exciting.

I think I'll just ignore the live streams in future and wait for the highlights.

hibby rae
28-08-2020, 01:23 PM
Mikey Stewart and big Marv doing the punditry on Sunday.

No Jambos at all this weekend 😮😮

CentreLine
28-08-2020, 03:17 PM
Mikey Stewart and big Marv doing the punditry on Sunday.

No Jambos at all this weekend 😮😮

Mikey Stewart
Used to be a Jambo
But he’s alright now 😏