Mallan
Gogic
Allan
Boyle
Nisbet
Dodge.

Leitherhibs
17-08-2020, 08:50 AM
Mallan and Allan in centre midfield. If you think we got overrun on Saturday wait till you see how we fare with those two in the middle.

Gypsy King
17-08-2020, 08:53 AM
Seen someone mention the 4-1-2-1-2 on another thread and I think it would be our strongest XI

4-1-2-1-2

Rocky

Mcginn Porto Hanlon Doig

Gogic

Boyle Newell

Allan

Nisbet Doidge

DTS
17-08-2020, 09:34 AM
3-5-2

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Allan

Doidge
Nesbit

We’ve played our best football in this formation first 25 against killie and second half v United. Livi is an exception as we lined up to match them up.

I wouldn’t drop newell for hallberg as I think on the left of a three hes the better option, if mallan is fit to start I’d bring him in for newell. It’s essential we play with 3 in midfield so we get our foot on the ball and control the game with Allan able to play the correct pass on our counter attacks

jonny
17-08-2020, 11:37 AM
3-5-2

Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Allan

Doidge
Nesbit

We’ve played our best football in this formation first 25 against killie and second half v United. Livi is an exception as we lined up to match them up.

I wouldn’t drop newell for hallberg as I think on the left of a three hes the better option, if mallan is fit to start I’d bring him in for newell. It’s essential we play with 3 in midfield so we get our foot on the ball and control the game with Allan able to play the correct pass on our counter attacks

Yup. This for me. I feel its safe to go with 3 at the back in this one as StJ don't have the same strength as Motherwell down the flanks.

GreenCastle
17-08-2020, 11:43 AM
Mallan hasn’t played a friendly or minutes for ages.

No chance he should start - needs to be steadily brought back in.

It’s hard to pick out best team as don’t think we have the balance of players.

Stuart93
17-08-2020, 11:53 AM
We definitely need a midfielder in in the SJM role. We have our CDM and our CAM, we need our box to box CM