PDA

View Full Version : Drey Wright

Stuart93
16-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Any word on when he might be back? Frustrating he’s out injured so soon into the season.

HendoDelivered
16-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Any word on when he might be back? Frustrating he’s out injured so soon into the season.

Hope its not a sign of things to come.

calumhibee1
16-08-2020, 10:36 AM
I don’t know why but I don’t fancy us to see a lot of him tbh.

I would say that is purely based on his one performance and not being able to remember him playing against us so I’d like to acknowledge that it’s totally unfair to think that :agree:

Stuart93
16-08-2020, 10:37 AM
Hope its not a sign of things to come.

Just feel we’ve not really had much update on what he’s done

Kaff
16-08-2020, 10:41 AM
He said he had tweaked an area close to a muscle I think?
Said it had bothered him for a little while so decided to get it sorted, physios had worked with him and I'm sure he's training so hoping to be involved. Possibly in squad for St Johnstone game?
He said he had played wingback v Killie so maybe he's the reason we've not reverted to 352 since he's been missing

Onceinawhile
16-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Back training this week. Hoping to be fit for St Johnstone.

Since452
16-08-2020, 10:46 AM
Back training this week. Hoping to be fit for St Johnstone.

👍

B.H.F.C
16-08-2020, 12:57 PM

I would say that is purely based on his one performance and not being able to remember him playing against us so I’d like to acknowledge that it’s totally unfair to think that :agree:

He apparently did well in pre season but, not having seen any of that, it’s hard to have any real opinion as I can’t remember him at all from prior to joining us.

For some reason, I just have a feeling he won’t do much here. Hope I’m wrong, obviously.

Sir David Gray
16-08-2020, 01:13 PM
He seemed very confident of being available next week when asked yesterday by David Tanner.

The 90+2
16-08-2020, 01:19 PM
He apparently did well in pre season but, not having seen any of that, it’s hard to have any real opinion as I can’t remember him at all from prior to joining us.

For some reason, I just have a feeling he won’t do much here. Hope I’m wrong, obviously.

I think the opposite and he will become a big player for us. Tommy Wright says he’s a fantastic signing/signing of the season and he will know better than most.

Ronniekirk
16-08-2020, 02:01 PM
I think the opposite and he will become a big player for us. Tommy Wright says he’s a fantastic signing/signing of the season and he will know better than most.

It was reported pre match somewhere he is a long term injury ,Is this right ? Ignore my comment just read back and seen update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 90+2
16-08-2020, 03:17 PM
It was reported pre match somewhere he is a long term injury ,Is this right ? Ignore my comment just read back and seen update

I heard he’s back next week?

Sir David Gray
16-08-2020, 04:00 PM
I heard he’s back next week?

That's certainly what he said yesterday.

The 90+2
19-08-2020, 11:11 AM
https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1520602/drey-wright-hibs-st-johnstone/

1van Sprou7e
19-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Wonder if we might play a 3-4-2-1 formation at some point when he's back, play him at RWB with Boyle and Nisbet supporting Doidge. Boyle can be excellent at wingback but he's more of a goal threat when playing more central

jacomo
19-08-2020, 11:16 AM

You forgot about Drey.

tonyrougier123
19-08-2020, 06:58 PM
You forgot about Drey.

Nowadays everybody wants to talk like they’ve got something to say,but nothing comes out when they move their lips,it’s just a bunch of gibberish like Craig Levein and Tom English on sportsound the other day!! So what do you say to somebody you hate?when anybody try’s to bring training hearts way?study a tape of the hibees I say!!

jacomo
19-08-2020, 07:18 PM
Nowadays everybody wants to talk like they’ve got something to say,but nothing comes out when they move their lips,it’s just a bunch of gibberish like Craig Levein and Tom English on sportsound the other day!! So what do you say to somebody you hate?when anybody try’s to bring training hearts way?study a tape of the hibees I say!!

:aok:

Good work!

The 90+2
19-08-2020, 07:26 PM

Very decent 👍

hibeejeebies
19-08-2020, 07:31 PM

Tony Rougier: rhymes as sick as his stepovers. Take a bow Sir!

Ronniekirk
21-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Saying he is doubt fir St Johnstone game

04Sauzee
21-08-2020, 04:37 PM
Saying he is doubt fir St Johnstone game

Thought he seemed confident of being fit, hopefully see him fit for the Aberdeen game although not likely to be a starter

Forza Fred
22-08-2020, 02:58 AM

Hope you are right.

To be honest and say I hadn't heard of him until we signed him.

His stats suggest he scores about once every 15 games, so whatever role we have planned for him, we aren't expecting regular goals from him presumably

houstonhibbee
22-08-2020, 03:49 AM
Hope you are right.

To be honest and say I hadn't heard of him until we signed him.

His stats suggest he scores about once every 15 games, so whatever role we have planned for him, we aren't expecting regular goals from him presumably
what do the stats say for assists?

jgl07
22-08-2020, 10:30 PM
Isn't a drey, a nest for squirrels?

I think we should be told.

Forza Fred
22-08-2020, 11:50 PM
what do the stats say for assists?

dunno, if you can find it let me know.

Hibee Mac
23-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Considering he came with a large risk of injury, not a great start to his Hibs career making 45 mins before another one...

He's got a lot to prove and if he stays injured for much more of the season it's beginning to look like an odd signing considering the circumstances

Smartie
23-08-2020, 12:06 PM
Considering he came with a large risk of injury, not a great start to his Hibs career making 45 mins before another one...

He's got a lot to prove and if he stays injured for much more of the season it's beginning to look like an odd signing considering the circumstances

Yep.

A wee whiff of the Tim Clancys about this one already.

hibeejeebies
24-08-2020, 08:06 AM
Looked a bit lively. Encouraging.

jonny
24-08-2020, 08:09 AM
Looked a bit lively. Encouraging.

I thought he made an immediate positive impact on the game and even after such a short cameo has probably pushed himself into contention for a start next week.

JimBHibees
24-08-2020, 08:14 AM
Yep had one brilliant run just after he came on looked keen to impress which is what we need.

Smartie
24-08-2020, 08:16 AM
I was impressed, having written him off as a Tim Clancy not that long before him being announced on the bench.

Golden Bear
24-08-2020, 08:29 AM
IF he gets played in his natural position then he'll undoubtedly be an asset to the team.

bigwheel
24-08-2020, 08:30 AM
IF he gets played in his natural position then he'll undoubtedly be an asset to the team.

What is it ?

Souter96Mac
24-08-2020, 08:49 AM
I was impressed by him, and seems versatile which Ross will be a big fan of. Excited to see him with more games under his belt.

Golden Bear
24-08-2020, 08:52 AM
What is it ?

Good question.

We've already seen him in 3 positions. He loks most comfortable on the wide left.

JammyDoidger
24-08-2020, 08:54 AM
One particular bit of play down the left side was our best bit of football all afternoon!

Clarence
24-08-2020, 09:10 AM
One particular bit of play down the left side was our best bit of football all afternoon!

Some dribbling ability! Hopefully we see a lot more of it.

Since452
24-08-2020, 03:18 PM
Tommy Wright said he was the most talented player he's worked with. Hopefully he stays injury free from now on and we have a player on our hands

Jim44
24-08-2020, 08:47 PM
Isn't a drey, a nest for squirrels?

I think we should be told.

........ could be worse. It might have been ‘dray’. Based on his brief but satisfactory spell yesterday, this doesn’t apply to him.

Bobby's Cinema
24-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Thought he done okay.

His first touch had me shouting at the laptop when we had men in the box and a man in the overlap and he slipped it 5 yds straight to a St Johnstone man.

Combined well enough down the left after that. Hope to see a lot more of him

Hibee Mac
24-08-2020, 09:43 PM
Did a few things yesterday which showed potential. The wee run down the left with Hallberg was lovely.

Also disappeared for a bit when he was on so I'm still not convinced.

Think he deserves a wee run in the team though, maybe ahead of Horgan for a couple of games. Or Boyle for that matter...

Jones28
24-08-2020, 09:47 PM
Did a few things yesterday which showed potential. The wee run down the left with Hallberg was lovely.

Also disappeared for a bit when he was on so I'm still not convinced.

Think he deserves a wee run in the team though, maybe ahead of Horgan for a couple of games. Or Boyle for that matter...

I’d have him in for Boyle against Aberdeen

SMAXXA
24-08-2020, 10:45 PM
I’d have him in for Boyle against Aberdeen

No for me, another outing from the bench with more minutes I don’t think he’s ready to start in such a big game

Mibbes Aye
25-08-2020, 12:02 AM
Been told to avoid movement and rest up.

He’s still, Drey.

Mibbes Aye
25-08-2020, 02:25 AM
Also heard that training and playing with Hibs hasn’t got in the way of him enjoying his music and revisiting the works of Mike Skinner, which he has always enjoyed.

Yes, he’s still got love for The Streets.