PDA

View Full Version : Game vs St Johnstone.

HendoDelivered
16-08-2020, 10:04 AM
I’d probably keep the same team but swap Newell for Allan. Hopefully McCrorie is with us by this game.

I reckon we will put in a much better performance than yesterday and get the win. Is this game on Sky again?

GGTTH

danhibees1875
16-08-2020, 10:14 AM
I think 3-5-2/5-3-2 - it can swing quite nicely into 4-1-3-2 with doig falling back and Boyle pushing up.

............Marciano
.....McGinn Porteous Hanlon
Boyle .........Gogic.............Doig
...........Allan Newall
......Nisbet...... Doidge

JammyDoidger
16-08-2020, 10:18 AM
I’d probably keep the same team but swap Newell for Allan. Hopefully McCrorie is with us by this game.

I reckon we will put in a much better performance than yesterday and get the win. Is this game on Sky again?

GGTTH

That would have no positive impact what so ever. The problem was we were outnumbered in midfield. Allan in for Horgan and switching to me the 3-5-2 allows us to be compact but also carry an attacking threat, front foot and on the counter. It lets us have our 4 best attacking players on the pitch in nisbet, doidge, Boyle and allan. Not even a debate it's the best way to go for now.

Stuart93
16-08-2020, 10:19 AM
I think he needs to freshen things up now.

I’d try go with a 352.

I’d go with mcrorie (if signed) and gogic in the middle with Allan ahead of them. Boyle RWB and Doig LWB

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2020, 10:20 AM
Allan centre in a 442 is a no no. Love the guy but that is asking for a battering.

we are hibs
16-08-2020, 10:39 AM
3 in the middle. And please can we try and get the ball down and play.

The 90+2
16-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Play one up top or drop Boyle for Allan.

Brightside
16-08-2020, 10:50 AM

hibbysam
16-08-2020, 10:56 AM
They have 2/3 decent players in O’Halloran and McCann plus a few decent squad players (majority deemed not good enough for us) and they were rank until the sending off yesterday. Hopefully we start fast and take the game to them. They could only name 7 subs yesterday so presuming they are struggling for numbers. Big game for us.

500miles
16-08-2020, 10:59 AM
Liam Craig is thier defensive mid. He's a good player with the ball at his feet, but as defender I think Horgan would torment him.

I think we will play 3 up top, with Newell and Gogic behind Darryl in midfield. Let's us revert to wingers if we find space behind thier fullbacks (Again, Callum Booth is better going forward than defending.)

Dr What If?
16-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Nisbet and Doidge showed early potential of forming quite the partnership, my reading of the 442 was it is the best way (with the players we have) of servicing that partnership. Ross will know we will face 5 in the middle most weeks but seems to want to see how the middle 4 deal with the threat before deciding on a change, don't think he sees it as a gamble as he believes he has the players to go 5 in the middle if he needs to (either 352 or 451). I expect he will do the same again, player for player he will see us as having the better 11 so worth the gamble.

Hibernian Verse
16-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Is it on sky sports?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

The 90+2
16-08-2020, 11:21 AM
Is it on sky sports?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Sunday 👍

Scooter
16-08-2020, 11:52 AM
Marciano

McGinn
Porto
Hanlon
Doig

Gogic

Newell
Hallberg

Allan

Boyle
Doidge

lord bunberry
16-08-2020, 05:57 PM
I watched their game yesterday and I thought they were really poor, if killie had kept 11 players on the pitch they would’ve strolled to victory. Saints were really comfortable when killie were hitting high balls into the box, but as soon as they played it on the deck they got plenty joy. If we try and keep the ball down we should be too good for them.

Sammy7nil
16-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Play one up top or drop Boyle for Allan.

:agree::agree: but drop Horgan

King Cosell
16-08-2020, 06:06 PM
We've got better footballers, if we play football, and don't allow ourselves to be overrun in midfield, we'll win comfortably. Would like to see Jamie Gullan get at least 20 minutes.

The Harp Awakes
16-08-2020, 06:20 PM
:agree::agree: but drop Horgan

I think Horgan would be hard done by if he was dropped. He's peformed pretty well over the 4 games and was one of our better players on Saturday before he was hooked, albeit that wasn't difficult given the poor team performance. It was interesting to hear Motherwell's O'Donnell after the game saying he was struggling to keep up with Horgan in the 1st half.

Kaff
16-08-2020, 06:30 PM
I would start 352 against StJ as I don't think they're as dangerous as others with high wide players, they'll come from deeper imo.
Didn't think it would work against Motherwell but want us to take the game to Saints.
If all match fit I'd go;
Rocky

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Wright. Edit. Actually Martin Boyle!

Gogic
Newell
Allan

Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

Fully expect Wright won't quite be ready so start Horgan in there, as said above he's done well but would ably replace Allan or Wright if they tired, hopefully Gullan is considered for that type of substitution too, I'd have given him a run for Nisbet on Saturday but I see he defends the front post area for corners and with the amount we were conceding I'm sure JR had this in mind too for keeping him on for the 90

Edit. Forgot Boyler!
Him in for Wright, we're blessed with riches��

AlbertK86
16-08-2020, 07:32 PM
Whatever we do I think we need to keep Doidge and Nisbet up front as a pair.

We lost alot of threat when Nisbet was redeployed down the right.

3-5-2 for me with Boyle and Dodge wingbacks

Gogic better in central 3 as he kept get pulled out his position to press higher up.

Him and hopefully McCrorie with Allan in front of them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DH1875
16-08-2020, 08:13 PM
I think Horgan would be hard done by if he was dropped. He's peformed pretty well over the 4 games and was one of our better players on Saturday before he was hooked, albeit that wasn't difficult given the poor team performance. It was interesting to hear Motherwell's O'Donnell after the game saying he was struggling to keep up with Horgan in the 1st half.

Not really. O'Donnell just signed for them. Hasn't played for 5 months and didn't have a pre season.

SweetDreams
16-08-2020, 08:20 PM
I think 3-5-2/5-3-2 - it can swing quite nicely into 4-1-3-2 with doig falling back and Boyle pushing up.

............Marciano
.....McGinn Porteous Hanlon
Boyle .........Gogic.............Doig
...........Allan Newall
......Nisbet...... Doidge

This would be my team also.

makaveli1875
16-08-2020, 08:26 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Gogic
McRorie
Doig

Allan

Doidge
Nisbet

BlackSheep
16-08-2020, 08:40 PM
Those thinking 1 up too have short memories... it didn’t work last year, Doidge didn’t gain any form when up by himself and I’m not sure it’s Nisbet’s game either.

352 has worked and with 2 sitting MF like Gogic and A.N.Other (hopefully McRorie) then that leave Allan free to find space and play his best game. With Doidge and Nisbet ahead and Boyle and Doig flying down the sides we would be very hard to deal with.

Onceinawhile
16-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Didn't realise they were playing Thursday night, should be helpful for us.

Eyrie
16-08-2020, 09:34 PM

The rearranged game with Aberdeen.

H18 SFR
16-08-2020, 10:20 PM

Big incentive for them to draw level with us if they beat Aberdeen.

MWHIBBIES
16-08-2020, 10:23 PM
Those thinking 1 up too have short memories... it didn’t work last year, Doidge didn’t gain any form when up by himself and I’m not sure it’s Nisbet’s game either.

352 has worked and with 2 sitting MF like Gogic and A.N.Other (hopefully McRorie) then that leave Allan free to find space and play his best game. With Doidge and Nisbet ahead and Boyle and Doig flying down the sides we would be very hard to deal with.

Don't think Hibs have ever played 352 with 2 sitting midfielders. We played it well with McGeouch and McGinn there.