PDA

View Full Version : Calm the **** down

Stuart93
15-08-2020, 07:10 PM
So much OTT stuff on here.

Yep the Dundee Utd performance wasn’t great. Tonight was brutal but 4/6 points? I’ll take that.

These are games in the past couple seasons we would’ve ended up with 0 points.

Nowhere near the finished article but the sides a lot more balanced imo. Another good couple signings and we’re well equipped.

Performance was poor but some posts are incredibly OTT after that. Especially after playing a side who finished comfortably in 3rd last season, not that it was acceptable tonight.

Leitherhibs
15-08-2020, 07:12 PM
This.

Folk on twitter talking about worst performance in years.

Stuart93
15-08-2020, 07:13 PM
This.

On Twitter? Folk on here!

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2020, 07:14 PM
Agreed some ridiculous stuff being posted tonight. Think expectations have gotten a bit out of hand after winning the first 3 - people need to calm it. We won't blow teams away every week

Sammy7nil
15-08-2020, 07:14 PM
Really don’t think anyone is OTT and everyone is right to be disappointed we had a real chance to kick on tonight but never raised a gallop. It was poor and the least we can expect is a bit more energy and a even a little creativity.

Stuart93
15-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Really don’t think anyone is OTT and everyone is right to be disappointed we had a real chance to kick on tonight but never raised a gallop. It was poor and the least we can expect is a bit more energy and a even a little creativity.

There are some totally OTT posts on here tonight imo

smithy_hibees
15-08-2020, 07:17 PM
We draw 0-0 with the team that finished 3rd last season, top after 4 games but fans love to moan online for some weird reason.. snowflakes

jax67
15-08-2020, 07:17 PM

Yep the Dundee Utd performance wasn’t great. Tonight was brutal but 4/6 points? I’ll take that.

Nowhere near the finished article but the sides a lot more balanced imo. Another good couple signings and we’re well equipped.

Performance was poor but some posts are incredibly OTT after that. Especially after playing a side who finished comfortably in 3rd last season, not that it was acceptable tonight.

10 pts from 12 sounds better.

Sammy7nil
15-08-2020, 07:18 PM
There are some totally OTT posts on here tonight imo

Okay maybe missed them no doubt I will catch up but I don’t think it wrong for people to be disappointed.

Stuart93
15-08-2020, 07:20 PM
Okay maybe missed them no doubt I will catch up but I don’t think it wrong for people to be disappointed.

I never said people aren’t allowed to be disappointed, I’m disappointed in the way we played tonight but posts saying that’s the worst people have seen us play in recent memory? Completely OTT

Peevemor
15-08-2020, 07:22 PM
I gave it a couple of hours between the match ending and looking on here as I couldn't be bothered with the over reaction.

If we manage to average anything like 10 points from every 12 over the season, even excluding OF matches, I won't be complaining.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2020, 07:23 PM

I'm with you. 1 or 2 getting a bit upset but a lot of decent discussion that far outweighs that.

I said on the other thread that it's a great night for those who have a wee alarm that goes off every time someone moans. We played poorly, people will want to discuss that and have a bit of a mump and moan. It's not a new thing, it's happened in football forever.

Leitherhibs
15-08-2020, 07:59 PM
This.

Craig_in_Prague
15-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Agreed some ridiculous stuff being posted tonight. Think expectations have gotten a bit out of hand after winning the first 3 - people need to calm it. We won't blow teams away every week

Blow teams away. Lol.

The Hibs I've seen 2x this week won't blow any team away and given teams control of the game all the time is going to hurt us more as season goes on.

Today was totally garbage.

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 08:12 PM
Blow teams away. Lol.

The Hibs I've seen 2x this week won't blow any team away and given teams control of the game all the time is going to hurt us more as season goes on.

Today was totally garbage.

Context and perspective - this time last season we had conceded 9 goals, scored 3, had 4 points, and The Rangers had humiliated us, with 'Well coming a close second to that..........this time around, 10 points, top of the league, 7 scored, 2 conceded(none from open play), remain unbeaten, best start since 1974 :aok:

Waxy
15-08-2020, 08:18 PM
It was a point against a good side.Two clean sheets on the bounce.We will play worse than this.We are top of the league.
Only the very hard pleased and hearts fans disguising themselves as hibbys are the moaners tonight.

Diclonius
15-08-2020, 08:20 PM
We love a ****in' moan eh.

Craig_in_Prague
15-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Context and perspective - this time last season we had conceded 9 goals, scored 3, had 4 points, and The Rangers had humiliated us, with 'Well coming a close second to that..........this time around, 10 points, top of the league, 7 scored, 2 conceded(none from open play), remain unbeaten, best start since 1974 :aok:

Fair points and fine.

But today was still garbage. As was most of Tuesday.

greenlex
15-08-2020, 08:25 PM
Fair points and fine.

But today was still garbage. As was most of Tuesday.
They weren’t really. Defensively really sound. Could and possibly should have been better going forward but far from garbage.

Craig_in_Prague
15-08-2020, 08:27 PM
They weren’t really. Defensively really sound. Could and possibly should have been better going forward but far from garbage.

As you think.
That's sport.

percy veer
15-08-2020, 08:27 PM

exactly, start of the season, 3 games in a week, 7 points is great. And for all those jambos looking in that plan to not watch any PREMIERSHIP games this season well that turned out great.

RoYO!
15-08-2020, 08:28 PM
Best ignored. Too much "look at me" stuff going on.

skyhibs
15-08-2020, 08:36 PM

Not OTT at all...we really deserved no points tonight but rode our luck... we deserved 1 point on Tuesday so really one out of 6.... .... Pi55 poor performance like that and the manager should take the blame... we will fall rapidly down the table with performances like that.... i know we aint going to be brilliant every week but we have been poor in two games in a row and most of the killie game... i never seen the livi game so cant comment

Report card should read MUST DO BETTER

BoyledEgg
15-08-2020, 08:42 PM

Really? Defensively we were fine, but when we had the ball it was tragic stuff. There was so many aimless passes getting played it was actually baffling. The ball was getting booted so high in the air at times it was coming down with snow on it.

matty_f
15-08-2020, 08:56 PM
Not OTT at all...we really deserved no points tonight but rode our luck... we deserved 1 point on Tuesday so really one out of 6.... .... Pi55 poor performance like that and the manager should take the blame... we will fall rapidly down the table with performances like that.... i know we aint going to be brilliant every week but we have been poor in two games in a row and most of the killie game... i never seen the livi game so cant comment

Report card should read MUST DO BETTER

We defended well and deserved the point. Marciano has had one, maybe two proper saves to make.

greenpaper55
15-08-2020, 08:59 PM
If anyone thought that was good enough today then you need help, it seems we are back where we started this time last year with teams coming to ER and dominating for long periods. If you were a walk up customer would you go and see the likes of that again ? i doubt it. The manager has to carry the can for that performance as it's now his team and tactics so no hiding place for him, that was a bad as we were against the Hearts so it's not a one off this type of display.

greenpaper55
15-08-2020, 08:59 PM
We defended well and deserved the point. Marciano has had one, maybe two proper saves to make.

And that's good enough at home !

matty_f
15-08-2020, 09:01 PM
And that's good enough at home !

No, but the poster I replied to said we deserved no points. I disagreed with that statement, and made no comment on whether the performance was good enough.

Although, FWIW, the specific aspects that i mention in my post are good enough at home.

It was the rest of our play that wasn’t.

JohnMcM
15-08-2020, 09:05 PM
If I may, I would like to add a small piece of forward looking perspective because I like to stay positive.

If we play like that for the rest of the season and grab a point each time, we will be at least 7 points clear of relegation come the end of the season.

There now, isn't that a more positive view?:greengrin

Steve20
15-08-2020, 09:09 PM
If we draw next weekend, we’ll have people saying it’s “11 points out of 15”. We win our first three games and have to push on from there. I know mediocrity is the acceptable thing on these forums, but it’s time we pushed for more.

Win at St Johnstone, not play fo not lose.

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 09:12 PM
If anyone thought that was good enough today then you need help, it seems we are back where we started this time last year with teams coming to ER and dominating for long periods. If you were a walk up customer would you go and see the likes of that again ? i doubt it. The manager has to carry the can for that performance as it's now his team and tactics so no hiding place for him, that was a bad as we were against the Hearts so it's not a one off this type of display.

Pass the scalpel :faf:

This time last year we had 4 points and had been humped 6-1 by The Rangers and 3-0 by 'Well and were outplayed in a home win versus St Mirren :aok:

I clearly need help...............nurse :greengrin...........we are 4 games in FFS, top of the league, with winnable games coming up.

JohnMcM
15-08-2020, 09:16 PM
Pass the scalpel :faf:

This time last year we had 4 points and had been humped 6-1 by The Rangers and 3-0 by 'Well and were outplayed in a home win versus St Mirren :aok:

I clearly need help...............nurse :greengrin........... we are 4 games in FFS, top of the league, with winnable games coming up.

Matters not my poor deluded fellow Hibee. Take the scalpel, quick, take it! Before common sense takes over this forum.:greengrin

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 09:20 PM
Matters not my poor deluded fellow Hibee. Take the scalpel, quick, take it! Before common sense takes over this forum.:greengrin

I'll join the Barca and Man City fans in mourning the club's 'loss' tonight John :greengrin

RoscoHibby
15-08-2020, 09:22 PM
I think what might fuel the over reaction is some of the abject play we’ve all had to sit through. So many aimless floated balls to ****in no where.

We were good in little spells v Killie, very good at Livingston, but lucky to take 4 pts from the last 6.

The lack of a plan to build attacks is concerning. If Joe Newell isn’t at it and heavily involved, we seem to have no other plan apart from few passes between defenders and then afore mentioned punt, we can’t seem to get up the pitch very well otherwise. Different when Allan came on both games, had a bit more about us in a footballing sense, but he’s only one man and often targeted for close attention.

I agree with Jack Ross post match saying we looked nervous with the ball, just so many wrong decisions were made all game all over the park, did really add to it being a particularly **** Hibs performance IMO.

But to be so unlike Hibs, we look really solid at the back and not like giving much away....maybe just need to get used to being a bit more industrial for the sake of the bigger aim of as high up the league as possible.

(Disclaimer: Bit pished)

Stanton Spence
15-08-2020, 09:24 PM
We were crap tonight and people are more than intitled to have a moan after watching that
People can throw stats around about 10pts unbeaten in 4 etc etc but your kidding yourself on thinking that tonight was anything other than dire. If we play how we have in the last two games and the second half of the kille game then we are in for a long season

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 09:28 PM
I think what might fuel the over reaction is some of the abject play we’ve all had to sit through. So many aimless floated balls to ****in no where.

We were good in little spells v Killie, very good at Livingston, but lucky to take 4 pts from the last 6.

The lack of a plan to build attacks is concerning. If Joe Newell isn’t at it and heavily involved, we seem to have no other plan apart from few passes between defenders and then afore mentioned punt, we can’t seem to get up the pitch very well otherwise. Different when Allan came on both games, had a bit more about us in a footballing sense, but he’s only one man and often targeted for close attention.

I agree with Jack Ross post match saying we looked nervous with the ball, just so many wrong decisions were made all game all over the park, did really add to it being a particularly **** Hibs performance IMO.

But to be so unlike Hibs, we look really solid at the back and not like giving much away....maybe just need to get used to being a bit more industrial for the sake of the bigger aim of as high up the league as possible.

Can substitute that and say 'better defensively' and more robust in defending - we conceded countless needless goals last season, lost late goals, and were weak all over the pitch. This season - already - we look to have addressed that by doing the basics in defending. That's what grinds out wins and gets you up the league - anything on top of that is a bonus. Aberdeen have been doing it for years and been successful at it :aok:

O'Rourke3
15-08-2020, 09:31 PM
If anyone thought that was good enough today then you need help, it seems we are back where we started this time last year with teams coming to ER and dominating for long periods. If you were a walk up customer would you go and see the likes of that again ? i doubt it. The manager has to carry the can for that performance as it's now his team and tactics so no hiding place for him, that was a bad as we were against the Hearts so it's not a one off this type of display.Be interested to see where anyone said that was good enough. Haven't read a single I'm happy post. Being happy with a point is not the same as being happy with the performance.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

JohnMcM
15-08-2020, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=truehibernian;6270492]I'll join the Barca and Man City fans in mourning the club's 'loss' tonight John :greengrin[/QUOTE

In the words of the wee guy Yoda,,,,, "pray for you I will":agree:

Rumble de Thump
15-08-2020, 10:03 PM
I'd be interested in heaaring the thoughts of fans of any of the teams above us in the league.

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2020, 10:12 PM
I thought Motherwell were a bloody good side.

supermcginn
15-08-2020, 10:14 PM
Folk were slating Motherwell. They finished 4th for a reason.

CentreLine
15-08-2020, 10:20 PM
Folk were slating Motherwell. They finished 4th for a reason.

Third even

Liberal Hibby
15-08-2020, 10:39 PM
Be interested to see where anyone said that was good enough. Haven't read a single I'm happy post. Being happy with a point is not the same as being happy with the performance.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
I'm well happy with a point. Takes us to the top of the league v the side that finished third last season.

We looked very solid in defence and I can't think of a single moment when I thought we would concede apart from the shot Rocky saved in the first half. Other than that we had the best chances.

That was streets ahead of last season. Was it perfect and could it have been better - obviously yes. But there are either a lot of bedwetters on here or undercover yams if that is the worst performance anyone has seen.

Oh and by the way research done in the Bundesliga at the end of last season showed home advantage evaporated as a result of there being no crowds.

SweetDreams
15-08-2020, 10:41 PM

Flabbergasted that they have only won 1 of their last 14 games.

supermcginn
15-08-2020, 10:58 PM
Third even

Exactly. Everybody on here says they are crap but they look good to me.

Jim44
15-08-2020, 11:06 PM

Sorry Matty, can’t agree. We weren’t worth a point today. The crap Motherwell finishing was our saviour. If I were a Motherwell supporter, I would be distraught at losing two points. If we continue like this, we will plummet down the league.

zitelli62
16-08-2020, 12:35 AM
Were we great today no did we deserve a point probably not but having watched hibs for 50 years the last 4 years have been great I'll take top of the league and unbeaten after 4 games any day of the week some of the snowflakes in our support my son included have only ever seen hibs getting to hampden most years and think this must happen every year they have not seen the dross I've seen over the years, the reason I mention hampden is because some people think this is success as that's all theve known this is a good hibs team with a couple of signings to come hopefully give me that any day of the week.

BlackSheep
16-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Exactly. Everybody on here says they are crap but they look good to me.

They weren’t at their best yesterday either, even so it was always going to be a hard game against motherwell. Shame we didn’t take advantage of their inability to score but not every week are we going to see us win, and gaining a point while underperforming has got to be seen as a positive and not the negative so many are making it.

Hibrandenburg
16-08-2020, 07:04 AM

:agree: They looked well drilled and controlled the midfield. They'll take a few scalps this season.

Heisenberg
16-08-2020, 07:28 AM
Sorry Matty, can’t agree. We weren’t worth a point today. The crap Motherwell finishing was our saviour. If I were a Motherwell supporter, I would be distraught at losing two points. If we continue like this, we will plummet down the league.

I’m not sure about that, we equally missed good chances too. They definitely dominated the ball but I’d say chances created were pretty even. Our ball retention has been the poorest part of our game so far this season. Ross knows it wasn’t good enough yesterday.

Waxy
16-08-2020, 07:40 AM
I can see Motherwell taking points from the old firm.
Suppose some hibees havent had the chance to moan since March and have been waiting on anything to vent it.

James Stephen
16-08-2020, 07:48 AM

Totally agree.

I think fans need to accept that Ross doesnt want his team to dominate posession and play cavalier fitba.

We look solid and organised, that goes a LONG way in scottish fitba. Add in some good attacking players, and that is basically the Aberdeen formula from the last few years, which has worked well for them.

I dont really care about 'competing' with the OF, they are effectively in a different competition to us.

I want us to start punching our weight and be a team that others dont like playing.

If we can do that, and estsblish ourselves at the top, then we can start to worry about the style of play.

Plus, just for context, we were playing a team last night that were quite a bit better than us last season.

Brightside
16-08-2020, 09:23 AM
always busier after a poor game. People love to moan

ahibby
16-08-2020, 09:58 AM
We draw 0-0 with the team that finished 3rd last season, top after 4 games but fans love to moan online for some weird reason.. snowflakes

👍

Wilson
16-08-2020, 10:48 PM
If I may, I would like to add a small piece of forward looking perspective because I like to stay positive.

If we play like that for the rest of the season and grab a point each time, we will be at least 7 points clear of relegation come the end of the season.

There now, isn't that a more positive view?:greengrin

We'll be back to playing in front of crowds of 8000 as well which will help with social distancing.

Crazyhorse
16-08-2020, 10:56 PM
I never said people aren’t allowed to be disappointed, I’m disappointed in the way we played tonight but posts saying that’s the worst people have seen us play in recent memory? Completely OTT

That’s weird. They obviously can’t remember our last game against the jambos.

lucky
17-08-2020, 05:49 AM
4 games in and 4 games we’ve had less possession than our opponents but have 10 points out of 12. Football has two sides to it attacking which we all love and defending which Hibs we’ve very good at on Saturday. If you don’t lose goals you don’t lose games. We all talk of Hibs class and silky football but reality is Hibs have never been that silky in modern times. Football is about winning and under JR Hibs will win games but we might just do it the ugly way.

inglisavhibs
17-08-2020, 11:31 AM
We were crap tonight and people are more than intitled to have a moan after watching that
People can throw stats around about 10pts unbeaten in 4 etc etc but your kidding yourself on thinking that tonight was anything other than dire. If we play how we have in the last two games and the second half of the kille game then we are in for a long season

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
Always going to be a longer season than yours🤒

MWHIBBIES
17-08-2020, 11:54 AM
I can see Motherwell taking points from the old firm.
Suppose some hibees havent had the chance to moan since March and have been waiting on anything to vent it.

I cant. Robinson has taken 4 points from the old firm in 3 years. 4 draws. No wins. Gash record.

We've taken 21 points in that time. Hamilton have more wins vs the old firm in that time than Robinson.

Really don't think we want them taking points from Celtic/Rangers either. Hope they get a pumping every time because on Saturdays showing, they're a genuine rival for 3rd as you say.

Anthony Soprano
17-08-2020, 01:41 PM

You could say the same about us though, Martin Boyle missed 3 good chances. one was a clear-cut, one-on-one with the goalkeeper which prompted a good save, he made a mess of the other two. If he takes one of them it's a different game.

matty_f
17-08-2020, 01:49 PM

Ironically, I think Motherwell might be thanking crap Hibs finishing for them not conceding as well.

Since452
17-08-2020, 02:19 PM
Ironically, I think Motherwell might be thanking crap Hibs finishing for them not conceding as well.

Yup. Boyle one on one and Nisbet header on another day would have seen Motherwell beaten