PDA

View Full Version : That was horrific

California-Hibs
15-08-2020, 07:09 PM
That was one of the worst performances in recently memory. Players seemed absolutely incapable of doing the basics.

Silver lining, yes we got a point, 10 points out of 12, top of the league etc

However, that was distressing just how much we were off it today. I hope Jack Ross goes right through them for that standard today.

Was it the midfield? That wasn't the Gogic of the first 3 games...

We know that each and every one of those players are capable of so much more than that today.

That performance, especially live to the whole of the UK with no Premiership on etc and many tuning in to get a football fix, was embarrassing by us and truely angered me.

...aaaaaand breathe

neil7908
15-08-2020, 07:11 PM
We got a clean sheet and a point against the team that finished 3rd last season.

Yeah it was a rubbish performance but I think we all need to take a breath.

hibee_girl
15-08-2020, 07:11 PM
You can't have a very good memory if you think that's one of the worst performances in recent memory.

Stuart93
15-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Christ you must have a very short memory then.

The_Exile
15-08-2020, 07:12 PM
I just saw a couple of good football teams who seemed to cancel each other out and nothing to worry about.

neil7908
15-08-2020, 07:13 PM
You can't have a very good memory if you think that's one of the worst performances in recent memory.

Indeed. I know the last few months have distorted time but the last derby at Easter Road was far, far worse given the importance of the game and quality of opposition.

A Hi-Bee
15-08-2020, 07:16 PM
I can think of lots of things that are horrific but a game of fitba is no one of them, having watched the Hibs for well near to 60 years this was no that bad a game of fitba, they are a good side dont forget.

Golden Bear
15-08-2020, 07:19 PM
And we're off! Saturday night on Hibs Net.

😁

Hiber-nation
15-08-2020, 07:20 PM
That was one of the worst performances in recently memory. Players seemed absolutely incapable of doing the basics.

However, that was distressing just how much we were off it today. I hope Jack Ross goes right through them for that standard today.

We know that each and every one of those players are capable of so much more than that today.

That performance, especially live to the whole of the UK with no Premiership on etc and many tuning in to get a football fix, was embarrassing by us and truely angered me.

...aaaaaand breathe

Drama queenery at its best. Start another thread when everything is covered in existing threads. Yes it was pish but there's a match thread and 3 others to have a moan.

Coco Bryce
15-08-2020, 07:20 PM
[Logs off to watch some real football]

Cabbie1875
15-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Gutless,most fans saying a team that finished 3rd??? Not won in 11??? Aye great result

smithy_hibees
15-08-2020, 07:23 PM
We got a clean sheet and a point against the team that finished 3rd last season.

Yeah it was a rubbish performance but I think we all need to take a breath.

Hibs 1 Hearts 3 last year? Wow what a weird post

Stuart93
Gutless,most fans saying a team that finished 3rd??? Not won in 11??? Aye great result

Not won in 12 now 🙂

The Captain....
Drama queenery at its best. Start another thread when everything is covered in existing threads. Yes it was pish but there's a match thread and 3 others to have a moan.

Well said...its just attention seeking.

Jones28
15-08-2020, 07:25 PM

...aaaaaand breathe

So horrific we took a point?

Who gives a **** if it looked poor on tv? I can assure the folk watching on tv don’t care, nor does anyone outside of Scotland for that matter.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2020, 07:32 PM

...aaaaaand breathe

It wasn't pretty but it wasn't even the worst performance this year never mind in living memory.

Golden Bear
15-08-2020, 07:34 PM

😁

Bristolhibby
15-08-2020, 07:38 PM

😁

Popcorn just popping

neil7908
15-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Hibs 1 Hearts 3 last year? Wow what a weird post

I'm confused 🤔

A Hi-Bee
15-08-2020, 07:45 PM
I'm confused 🤔

ave no got a ****ing clue:confused:

smithy_hibees
15-08-2020, 07:46 PM
I'm confused 🤔

That was a lot worse than today, yes we weren’t great but was that bad

HendoDelivered
15-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Was honking but its done. After winning 3 games and folk raving about it are the same ones moaning and groaning today after 1 poor game we never won 😂 chance you got haha.

A Hi-Bee
15-08-2020, 07:56 PM
Are we still unbeaten? i will rest my case.
:flag::flag::flag:

Steve20
15-08-2020, 07:59 PM

😁

Oh aye, god forbid a hibs forum would dare comment on an abysmal performance.

Sorry. It was magnificent. Every player was great. Better not criticise anyone. It was like watching Brazil 1970.

A Hi-Bee
15-08-2020, 08:30 PM

Sorry. It was magnificent. Every player was great. Better not criticise anyone. It was like watching Brazil 1970.

Brazil 1970 now that wiz a team, now would you say they were the best ever or could Spain have lived wi that team of superstars from 1970.
Do you know who it was that showed the Brazilians how to play fitba in the early 1950's?
:thumbsup:

stoneyburn hibs
15-08-2020, 08:45 PM

...aaaaaand breathe

Over reaction, not like you.

ahibby
15-08-2020, 09:15 PM

...aaaaaand breathe
No Well were and are good up until finishing but we have to accept they are more likely to finish above us unless we strengthen in both meanings of the word.

O'Rourke3
15-08-2020, 09:41 PM

Sorry. It was magnificent. Every player was great. Better not criticise anyone. It was like watching Brazil 1970.Captain Sarcasm. Once again the situation is saved with your witty banter. No one is defending the performance. Its the overreaction to a game.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

delbert
15-08-2020, 09:58 PM
Was honking but its done. After winning 3 games and folk raving about it are the same ones moaning and groaning today after 1 poor game we never won 😂 chance you got haha.

Would say two fairly honking games as Tuesday wasn’t great but we ground that one out. Thought Robinson seemed to have Ross’s number tonight, pressed and harried our midfield into mistakes knowing Gogic can’t be everywhere and so they bossed that area all night, with little or no real service for Doidge or Nisbet. Thought 3-5-2 in the second half might have altered the pattern of play but that change didn’t seem to be made and again the midfield belonged to them, we do need another strong midfielder to help Gogic in games against teams like ‘Well. Still, bite your hand off for 10 out of 12 before the start so let’s relax a bit, the players will know better is required from them.

neil7908
15-08-2020, 10:05 PM
That was a lot worse than today, yes we weren’t great but was that bad

That was my point. It wasn't great today but the last derby was way worse. Some perspective is needed on today.

Not great but a point against 3rd place last season to put us top of the league is really not the end of the world.

I do agree though if we keep playing like this we'll soon find ourselves back in mid table.

smithy_hibees
15-08-2020, 10:12 PM
That was my point. It wasn't great today but the last derby was way worse. Some perspective is needed on today.

Not great but a point against 3rd place last season to put us top of the league is really not the end of the world.

I do agree though if we keep playing like this we'll soon find ourselves back in mid table.

My thoughts also, was answering to the OP, we are top I’ll enjoy my weekend GGTTH

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2020, 10:14 PM
I honestly don't think that would make Jack Ross' worst 3 performances so definitely not one of the worst in recent memory. Rangers, Hearts and Livi losses were all worse.

Rough day today and he got it very wrong tactically. He'll learn from it. If Boyle could finish a 1v1 we still would've won. As wrong as Ross got it, Boyle, Nisbit and Newall were poor.

RIP
15-08-2020, 10:23 PM
A point against a good Motherwell team buoyed by the signing of O’Donnell who played well.

That said, we had players all over the pitch running away from tackles. I find that inexcusable

The 90+2
15-08-2020, 10:27 PM
A point against a good Motherwell team buoyed by the signing of O’Donnell who played well.

That said, we had players all over the pitch running away from tackles. I find that inexcusable

We should have signed O’Donnell

smithy_hibees
15-08-2020, 10:33 PM
We should have signed O’Donnell

Why? Would he be happy sit on the bench? Wouldn’t start ahead Mcginn at right back

FitbaFolkKen
15-08-2020, 10:34 PM
10/12 ... disaster! Perspective is required

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lex7zero
15-08-2020, 10:41 PM
I just saw a couple of good football teams who seemed to cancel each other out and nothing to worry about.

You must be blind We were crap and Well outplayed us

vahibbie
15-08-2020, 10:47 PM
That was not a great performance and if that was in front of a home crowd I'm sure there would have been a few boos. I'm afraid it's just not very exciting football. I'm all for Hibs grinding out results but as a spectator sport it's way short of skill, endeavour and excitement. With our current squad the product on the park should be more pleasing to the eye,

Lex7zero
15-08-2020, 10:47 PM

...aaaaaand breathe

Totally agree. Great we have 10 points but that was a joke tonight’s. Well outplayed us all over the park. We can’t play that shape as teams dominate us. Ross needs to wake up and change the formation. McRorie and Docherty would make us a top 4 side but at the moment we will struggle for top 6.

SweetDreams
15-08-2020, 10:52 PM
4 games in, 10 points, top of the league and there is still disappointment. Looking forward to another 3 points next week.

Stuart93
15-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Totally agree. Great we have 10 points but that was a joke tonight’s. Well outplayed us all over the park. We can’t play that shape as teams dominate us. Ross needs to wake up and change the formation. McRorie and Docherty would make us a top 4 side but at the moment we will struggle for top 6.

No we wont. We‘ll make top 6 comfortably this season as their isn’t 6 teams better than us in the league.

This place absolutely reeks tonight.

supermcginn
15-08-2020, 10:54 PM
Why? Would he be happy sit on the bench? Wouldn’t start ahead Mcginn at right back
Of course he would. How many caps has mcginn got? Ross was desperate to get him.

Liberal Hibby
15-08-2020, 10:59 PM
You must be blind We were crap and Well outplayed us

Nope. And nope. They played a high press very well, but ther wasn't a lot in it. They're a good side and I thought they'd probably turn us over before the game. We look transformed from last season - solid at the back with Gogic harassing anything through the middle and the narrow shape forcing attackers to go wide and throw in crosses that Hanlon and Porteous easily deal with.

Yup we could have been better going forward - and we were when Allen came on. But you are utterly deluded to say that was crap.

smithy_hibees
16-08-2020, 09:28 AM
Of course he would. How many caps has mcginn got? Ross was desperate to get him.

Desperate to get O’Donnell? He signed a short term deal with Motherwell, surely if we were so desperate sign him we’d be able offer him better than short term deal? RB we have 3 options plus if mccrorie comes in he can cover in there. McGinn is Super don’t you think?

Brightside
16-08-2020, 09:29 AM
Desperate to get O’Donnell? He signed a short term deal with Motherwell, surely if we were so desperate sign him we’d be able offer him better than short term deal? RB we have 3 options plus if mccrorie comes in he can cover in there. McGinn is Super don’t you think?

Ignore him. He’s clearly not watching our games.

Brightside
16-08-2020, 09:30 AM

So you fancy a game of 5s at the Oriam later?

Since452
16-08-2020, 09:35 AM
Just imagine we weren't top of the league, hadn't had best start since 1974, weren't unbeaten and had conceded a goal from open play.

The internet would break

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 09:37 AM
Nope. And nope. They played a high press very well, but ther wasn't a lot in it. They're a good side and I thought they'd probably turn us over before the game. We look transformed from last season - solid at the back with Gogic harassing anything through the middle and the narrow shape forcing attackers to go wide and throw in crosses that Hanlon and Porteous easily deal with.

Yup we could have been better going forward - and we were when Allen came on. But you are utterly deluded to say that was crap.I must be deluded as well then?? That was utter crap and if we keep playing like this and the Dundee United game then we will soon tumble down the league

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 09:39 AM
Just imagine we weren't top of the league, hadn't had best start since 1974, weren't unbeaten and had conceded a goal from open play.

The internet would breakYour right mate, a load of people coming out with stats that make us look better than we really are
More signings required

sambajustice
16-08-2020, 09:41 AM
Im sick we've won 3 games already this season. Losing them would have been much better for us as that takes away the fear of drawing games...

Just Alf
16-08-2020, 09:42 AM

The internet would breakImagine also if their was a crowd in the stadium, going by some of the stuff on here I can easily imagine them getting on the back of the players, ....... que a late goal against us as the players get nervy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Since452
16-08-2020, 09:44 AM
Im sick we've won 3 games already this season. Losing them would have been much better for us as that takes away the fear of drawing games...

Being statistically the 3rd best team in the country since last November is really pish. Sick of it

Rumble de Thump
16-08-2020, 09:46 AM
There will be plenty of folk slagging off Hibs on here until October 17.

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 10:00 AM
What's with all the sarcastic comments to anyone who dares say that last night was awful viewing and a poor performance?? Just because we have 10pts and haven't lost a game in four league games?? I'm fully aware how many points we have and that we are top of a league but that doesn't mean we have played well and look fantastic, far from it
I'm over the moon with the points tally and I'm also delighted to see us sitting top of the league even at this very early stage. That doesn't mean that I think last night was a good performance and the same goes for the Dundee utd game. Its quite possible to be satisfied with the points on the board but pissed off at the performance of the last two games

lyonhibs
16-08-2020, 10:04 AM
I think, without having seen a minute of the game, that it's safe to say that the use of the word "horrific" in relation to a football performance is laughable hyperbole. Terrorist attacks and Tory governments are horrific, not footballing performances. It's a point at home to a team that were far better than us last season - a poor performance in a game that a couple of years ago we'd have probably lost to some last minute, sclaffed off the opposing striker's arse goal.

Nicho87
16-08-2020, 10:05 AM
The positive thing is that we would have crumbled and lost that game under hecky, even under Lennon.

Ross has made us work more as a defensive unit.

However Motherwell played like the home team. Possession is not there with a flat 4 in the middle both United and Motherwell dictated play and more clinical teams will turn that possession into goals.

I do think Gullan needs a run and easy to say now but he should have came on at some point yesterday.

Brightside
16-08-2020, 10:06 AM
What's with all the sarcastic comments to anyone who dares say that last night was awful viewing and a poor performance?? Just because we have 10pts and haven't lost a game in four league games?? I'm fully aware how many points we have and that we are top of a league but that doesn't mean we have played well and look fantastic, far from it
I'm over the moon with the points tally and I'm also delighted to see us sitting top of the league even at this very early stage. That doesn't mean that I think last night was a good performance and the same goes for the Dundee utd game. Its quite possible to be satisfied with the points on the board but pissed off at the performance of the last two games

Where were the comments when we won games? This place is unreal after a poor performance. Players who were great 2 weeks ago are now not the answer. Quite simply it’s nonsense. Some of our fans are clueless about football and think they know better than Jack Ross. Every team has poor games.

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 10:11 AM
Where were the comments when we won games? This place is unreal after a poor performance. Players who were great 2 weeks ago are now not the answer. Quite simply it’s nonsense. Some of our fans are clueless about football and think they know better than Jack Ross. Every team has poor games.Of course every team has poor games and that's what hibs were last night poor
There's loads of comments praising us for the games we won.
That's what happens in most football forums, when the team plays well they will get praised and when they are poor you will see a lot of negative comments

Bobby's Cinema
16-08-2020, 10:22 AM
It was a poor performance yes. Sometimes there is such a thing as a good point, and this is definitely it.

At the end of the day, Motherwell were looking for their first win of the season last night, while we were looking for our FOURTH.

It’s a cracking start for us and a long season. We were not at it at all, so while disappointing we take the point and do better next time.

lyonhibs
16-08-2020, 10:25 AM

It's not a reaction to people saying it was a poor performance but the OP said it was "horrific" and "one of the worst in recent memory" and we didn't even lose (the result is all important in football games, not the performance - meaning if, as will occasionally be the case with any football team, one of result or performance is lacking, let's be glad on this occasion it was just the performance). So it's a reaction to that total over reaction.

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 10:31 AM
It's not a reaction to people saying it was a poor performance but the OP said it was "horrific" and "one of the worst in recent memory" and we didn't even lose (the result is all important in football games, not the performance - meaning if, as will occasionally be the case with any football team, one of result or performance is lacking, let's be glad on this occasion it was just the performance). So it's a reaction to that total over reaction.To be honest mate I didn't really read the OP and now I have it's safe to say it's a bit over the top. But the only thing I can take away from last night's game was we would have lost that game under heckinbottom and I don't think we are that far away from being a decent side. I'm sure we will add to the midfield and JR seems to know this.
It still doesn't make last nights performance anything but poor

lyonhibs
16-08-2020, 10:33 AM
To be honest mate I didn't really read the OP and now I have it's safe to say it's a bit over the top. But the only thing I can take away from last night's game was we would have lost that game under heckinbottom and I don't think we are that far away from being a decent side. I'm sure we will add to the midfield and JR seems to know this.
It still doesn't make last nights performance anything but poor

Agreed :agree:

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 10:35 AM
Agreed :agree:[emoji1303]
It's great to have the fitbaw back [emoji38]

Since452
16-08-2020, 10:49 AM
No teams outwith Celtic and Rangers are going to dominate every single game. If we can take a point while having a bad day at the office that bodes well. Especially seeing as we've won our last three

The 90+2
16-08-2020, 10:52 AM
No teams outwith Celtic and Rangers are going to dominate every single game. If we can take a point while having a bad day at the office that bodes well. Especially seeing as we've won our last three

We’ve only dominated one game so far. That’s the problem.

superfurryhibby
16-08-2020, 11:03 AM

We remain unbeaten so it’s a problem I can cope with.

The 90+2
16-08-2020, 11:09 AM
We remain unbeaten so it’s a problem I can cope with.

Of course. It’s still allowed to be concerned about performances though.

lord bunberry
16-08-2020, 11:46 AM
Imagine also if their was a crowd in the stadium, going by some of the stuff on here I can easily imagine them getting on the back of the players, ....... que a late goal against us as the players get nervy!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Maybe a crowd would have lifted the players to play better.

matty_f
16-08-2020, 01:37 PM
Your right mate, a load of people coming out with stats that make us look better than we really are
More signings required

Aren’t stats the objective way of taking is exactly how good we are?

Heisenberg
16-08-2020, 01:47 PM

I’d rather give up some possession and win games than dominate and continually drop points.

Pagan Hibernia
16-08-2020, 01:47 PM
Awful performance. We didn’t lose. Move on.

Tambo
16-08-2020, 03:57 PM
I thought Goigic was outstanding first half but maybe dropped off a bit second but still chased every single ball till the 90th minute, maybe we watched a different game.

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2020, 04:01 PM
I think one fact thats maybe being overlooked is weve played the same starting 11 3 times in a week - and thats perhaps why we looked so leggy last night. Its been a strange preseason after a 5 month lockdown so although I can see why JR stuck with a winning team , in hindsight he maybe should have freshened things up a bit last night. Hey ho poor performance but we dug out a point and have an 8 day break now

heretoday
16-08-2020, 04:03 PM
It's good that we've got a capable goalkeeper.

Since452
16-08-2020, 04:04 PM
I think one fact thats maybe being overlooked is weve played the same starting 11 3 times in a week - and thats perhaps why we looked so leggy last night. Its been a strange preseason after a 5 month lockdown so although I can see why JR stuck with a winning team , in hindsight he maybe should have freshened things up a bit last night. Hey ho poor performance but we dug out a point and have an 8 day break now

Good point actually

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 04:08 PM
Aren’t stats the objective way of taking is exactly how good we are?Depends on how you want to spin stats mate, I'm sure if I dug deep enough I can find stats that make us look great or poor

RoYO!
16-08-2020, 04:15 PM
It will be interesting to see the the rangers fans reactions if they dont beat livi today...

Not going to win every game. Some performances will be well below par. Sometimes we'll play poorly and lose... sometimes we'll get far more than we deserve.

No point in knee-jerk reactions.

Stanton Spence
16-08-2020, 04:24 PM
Aren’t stats the objective way of taking is exactly how good we are?

Take a look at the possession stats matty, nobody seems to be posting them even Livingston had more possession when we beat them 4 1

JimBHibees
16-08-2020, 04:25 PM
There will be plenty of folk slagging off Hibs on here until October 17.

Don't think you are wrong.

Borderhibbie76
16-08-2020, 04:28 PM
Don't think you are wrong.

Yup there is deffo an infestation just now

h1bs4life
16-08-2020, 04:37 PM
3 of the 4 games we have maybe struggled to make many chances but in all 4 games this season we have been solid in defence.
Against Kilmarnock they had plenty of the ball but hardly created anything .
Dundee United both defences good nothing much up front , difference being Dodges prowess.
Yesterday being the home team we set up an attack minded team , never heard to many complaints about that before the game.
Motherwell kept to there own formation and imposed themselves ,think we should have responded and changed to 3-5-2 at half time .
Not a lot on the bench to strengthen midfield can see why Ross is looking at midfield players.
Take Horgan off , push Doig up wide left ,Hallberg with Newell and Gogic middle 3 and Boyle wide right .
In my opinion Horgan , Hallberg and Newell are not good enough.
I am a big Scott Allan fan and would like us to sign a big powerful midfielder like Docherty , McRorie or AN Other who could hopefully play in a midfield 3 with Allan and Gogic. Doig and Boyle out wide.
Motherwell despite possesion didnt really create anything and Boyle had the best chance in the 1st half , he scores could have been a different game.
Delighted we are top of the league but know we will have to improve a lot to keep it going I am sure Jack Ross is aware.
Horrific ? way over the top its a football match .
Horrific is COVID-19 and the amount of elderly people that have been left to
die in Scottish Care Homes / UK Care Homes

JimBHibees
16-08-2020, 04:40 PM

Yep time to call out pest control. :greengrin

KingPat4
16-08-2020, 04:42 PM
Horrific, terrible, awful, abysmal, eye bleeding, disgraceful, appalling, rubbish, crap, pathetic, cringeworthy, embarrassing, putrid, garbage, amateurish, shocking, diabolical,

Sack the manager and throw in the kids!

Bunch of overpaid wasters!

hibee_girl
16-08-2020, 04:43 PM

If anyone genuinely thinks that then use the report button, that is what it's there for. You'll be surprised at how many are actually Hibs fan who just like a moan :greengrin

Pagan Hibernia
16-08-2020, 04:44 PM
The defence has been excellent. No goals conceded from open play in 4 games is very impressive and unusually steely for Hibs.

a bit of swagger and sexy Hibs football wouldn’t go amiss though

JimBHibees
16-08-2020, 04:46 PM
If anyone genuinely thinks that then use the report button, that is what it's there for. You'll be surprised at how many are actually Hibs fan who just like a moan :greengrin

You are probably right. :greengrin

murray26
16-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Motherwell dictated most of the game which is hugely disappointing.. we looked predictable and void of any invention or creativity.. yes only one game but we weren’t that much better at Tannadice.. hopefully the players and management team are going to have a good look at it and come back stronger..

blackpoolhibs
16-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Gerrard out.

Keith_M
17-08-2020, 10:38 AM
Gerrard out.

387 shots at goal and they can't even score one.