Clarence
15-08-2020, 06:27 PM
This team finished 3rd last year.
We are still undefeated.
So sssssh ya moaning bar stewards

And also top of the league

JammyDoidger
15-08-2020, 06:28 PM
In the grand scheme of things it's not a bad result. Leaves them 8 points behind us. More the performance that's slightly concerning. But at least weve proved we can dig in. 3 points next week hibs.

Spike Mandela
15-08-2020, 06:31 PM
Ten points ahead of Hearts again.:cb

smithy_hibees
15-08-2020, 06:31 PM
We are Hibs, not going win every game and top the league 4 games in, didn’t look troubled defensively more lacked that cutting edge, Allan must start next week

tonyrougier123
15-08-2020, 06:33 PM
Frustrating today,but clean sheet and still not been behind this season,additions needed still imo.but generally we are in a good place.looked better slightly with allan and hallberg,horgan unlucky to be hooked.

Dunfyhibee
15-08-2020, 06:33 PM
A lot of tho about this hibs team, get real. Sometimes they will be good, sometimes they will be bad and sometimes they will be lucky. We are about as good as 4/5 other teams in the league and the results will reflect that. Folk on here need to chill out

erin go bragh
15-08-2020, 06:34 PM
We are still undefeated.

Hear hear . Top of the league but Jack Ross has to explain his team .

timewilltell
15-08-2020, 06:35 PM
In the grand scheme of things it's not a bad result. Leaves them 8 points behind us. More the performance that's slightly concerning. But at least weve proved we can dig in. 3 points next week hibs.

Sorry but it's a hugely disappointing result. Nothing less.

hibbysam
Solid again, Rocky had one save early on, and Boyle had the best chance of the game. Just struggling to understand why we didn’t go to 3-5-2.

Sammy7nil
The only positive was a clean sheet a great start to the season but we have more points than we deserve. There is something missing and Jack needs to find it.

hibee_girl
15-08-2020, 06:36 PM
And also top of the league

:agree:

If you had said after 4 games we'd be top of the league and unbeaten after nearly 5 months without playing any football I'd have happily taken that.

SweetDreams
15-08-2020, 06:36 PM
I would have been delighted if you said a few weeks ago we would take 10 points from our opening 4 games. Bring on the Saints next week.

Jim44
15-08-2020, 06:38 PM
We are still undefeated.

So what? They’ve been poor this season but still had us in their pocket.

skyhibs
15-08-2020, 06:39 PM
where was the ambition.... we were played off the park... players look uninterested ... Ross looks like he couldnt care either... no high pressing and we cant string three passes together... I hate when we accept that kind of performance.... not professional at all... we will soon drop down the league if we keep playing like that...... how many points do we need to not get relegated

LOL

15-08-2020, 06:39 PM
where was the ambition.... we were played off the park... players look uninterested ... Ross looks like he couldnt care either... no high pressing and we cant string three passes together... I hate when we accept that kind of performance.... not professional at all... we will soon drop down the league if we keep playing like that...... how many points do we need to not get relegated

LOL

Jesus

MWHIBBIES
15-08-2020, 06:40 PM
Winning is only good for a good nights sleep. We must look at today and learn. Very poor.

Heisenberg
15-08-2020, 06:41 PM
Sorry but it's a hugely disappointing result. Nothing less.

Hugely disappointing. Ffs. It was a ***** match between two teams who barely created a clear chance between them. Not every game will be a masterpiece.

We’re unbeaten in four and top of the league. Try and enjoy it a wee bit.

Bronson
15-08-2020, 06:42 PM
Dreadful from start to finish. If you think that performance is anything close to acceptable we have very different standards.

skyhibs
15-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Hugely disappointing. Ffs. It was a ***** match between two teams who barely created a clear chance between them. Not every game will be a masterpiece.

Thats whats wrong when people accept mediocrity... we are unbeaten and we are top of the league... were arer pi5h too though... that was a terrible game of football and if we play like that against a real time we will get slaughtered

Sammy7nil

TBF not a lot to enjoy tonight if we had fluked a win then yes but I am in the camp we have great chance to kick on and that was very poor. Hopefully JR will find the missing ingredient next week.

tonyrougier123
Expectations getting way out of hand after great start,manager needs backed in the market by the owner or we will draw games we should be winning.throw something at it big ron man!!

Jim44

The point is tho’ that Motherwell created vastly more unclear chances than us.

we are hibs
15-08-2020, 06:45 PM
Missed threads like these so much.

The last 2 performances have been poor. We need a better performance on Sunday in Perth. The manager needs to stop with 2 central midfielders as it leaves us badly exposed. Theres still a chronic lack of energy throughout the team when Boyle isnt on it which he hasnt been for the last few games. We need to stop lumping the ball, get it down and play. Much work needed if we are going to get 3rd.

Borderhibbie76
The only positive was a clean sheet a great start to the season but we have more points than we deserve. There is something missing and Jack needs to find it.

U don't need to repeat yourself on every thread- we get it mate your unimpressed

TheCabbage
I thought we looked quite leggy tonight.

Heisenberg
Thats whats wrong when people accept mediocrity... we are unbeaten and we are top of the league... were arer pi5h too though... that was a terrible game of football and if we play like that against a real time we will get slaughtered

Against a real team? That team we played tonight finished 3rd last season.

Sammy7nil
15-08-2020, 06:47 PM
U don't need to repeat yourself on every thread- we get it mate your unimpressed

Thanks got carried away in the excitement beginning to calm down a bit now 🦧

Nicho87
15-08-2020, 06:47 PM
Home team - performance was a hecky type - that would have been booed of at full time by 50%. Must improve

A Hi-Bee
15-08-2020, 06:48 PM
We are still undefeated.

Who you calling a moaning bar steward, ****in eegit!
:greengrin

Borderhibbie76
15-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Thanks got carried away in the excitement beginning to calm down a bit now 🦧

I get it mate I was very disgruntled with the performance too but looking at the bigger picture we've taken 4 out of 6 from 2 very poor performances against too decent sides. Just hope we get back to a more free flowing performance next weekend

brianmc
15-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Dreadful from start to finish. If you think that performance is anything close to acceptable we have very different standards.

Agree 100%
That was painful viewing. Pedestrian hoofball. Just like against United.
Whilst I'm happy with our league position there's no way I could describe the last 2 performances as anything other than rubbish.

Steve20
15-08-2020, 06:50 PM
10 points from 12 is good. A clean sheet is good.

But if you look at the game on its own, we were brutal. You can’t play with that lack of attack at home over the course of a season, so I hope it was a one off.

If we don’t up the attacking play at St Johnstone then maybe it’s time to worry.

Nevi_SOL
15-08-2020, 06:53 PM
I thought we looked quite leggy tonight.

That’s what I thought as well. No games for months then 4 games in 2 weeks. 8 days until the next game so hopefully good to go after that. Mon the cabbage

Malthibby
Got a point despite losing almost every 50/50, failing to string two passes together never mind three & frequently looking as if there was a competition to see whether
we could hit a passing airplane, or see how quickly we could give the ball back to Motherwell.
Honestly believe that is as bad as we can get, we can only get better; win next game & it's 13 from 15.
If you're feeling depressed, have a look on JKB.
GG

Keith_M
Possession: 47%
Corners: 6
Shots on target: 2

We're still unbeaten but we need to do better.

skyhibs
15-08-2020, 06:54 PM
Against a real team? That team we played tonight finished 3rd last season.

your right but that was last season.......

neil7908
15-08-2020, 06:55 PM
I would normally put myself on the bed wetter side in the eternal battle versus happy clappers but crazy that folk are moaning tonight.

It wasn't a great performance but it was against the team that finished 3rd last year, we've kept another clean sheet and have 10 points out of 12.

It looks like we've largely sorted our defensive issues so for me we're just a couple of attack minded players away from a very successful season.

Pretty Boy
15-08-2020, 06:56 PM
Meh.

The habitual moaners will get a chance to moan. The folk who habitually moan about people moaning also get a chance to moan.

If you are either way inclined then knock yourself out.

O'Rourke3
15-08-2020, 06:56 PM
Awful performance but a bit more composure from Boyle first half and we could have nicked it. We have played brilliantly and lost so theres decent resi,ience in there for the minute. Only be memorable for me as I spoted my cut out. Upwards and onwards.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

truehibernian
15-08-2020, 06:57 PM
Unbeaten, top of the league, no goals conceded from open play, two clean sheets in a row, another decent performance from Doig and Gogic.

Motherwell had a strip torn off them midweek and were expected to be hungrier (than midweek). Our midfield lacks a driving force, and today our wide men needed to show more and be braver.

All in all, 10 points from 12, top of the league, pressure on rivals to close the gap..........I'll take that all day long. Poor today but they'll be told that and learn from it.

Bring on the Saintees :aok:

Sammy7nil
15-08-2020, 06:59 PM
Meh.

The habitual moaners will get a chance to moan. The folk who habitually moan about people moaning also get a chance to moan.

If you are either way inclined then knock yourself out.

I think I will settle for simply being disappointed ☹️

Keith_M
15-08-2020, 07:00 PM
If we keep putting in that type of performance our attendances are going to plummet even further.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2020, 07:00 PM
:agree:

If you had said after 4 games we'd be top of the league and unbeaten after nearly 5 months without playing any football I'd have happily taken that.

I'd say the not playing for 5 months is fairly irrelevant as none of the other 11 teams had played for 5 months either but I agree I would have taken being top after 4 games even if it is likely to end tomorrow and Celtic have 2 games in hand.

Sammy7nil
15-08-2020, 07:03 PM
If we keep putting in that type of performance our attendances are going to plummet even further.

Yeah I have asked for my cardboard cut to be removed I won’t have him sitting through that again 😉

Waxy
15-08-2020, 07:07 PM
This could well be as tight as the leagues been for years.Every team will be dropping points all over the place.

Onceinawhile
15-08-2020, 07:08 PM
Poor, poor, poor.

How did we do v motherwell last season at home? Can't remember off the top of my head.

AFKA5814_Hibs
15-08-2020, 07:13 PM
This could well be as tight as the leagues been for years.Every team will be dropping points all over the place.

As long as there is no crowds it will be like that. There is very little if no advantage of being at home, even the teams with artificial pitches who you'd expect to have a home advantage dont appear to have so far.

Results will be all over the place. It'll be more advantageous also to have harder games away whilst there are no fans, i.e trips to Ibrox and Parkhead.

The_Exile
15-08-2020, 07:14 PM
So what? They’ve been poor this season but still had us in their pocket.

They've not been poor this season. Their results have been **** but they've not been poor.

Sir David Gray
15-08-2020, 07:36 PM
Poor, poor, poor.

How did we do v motherwell last season at home? Can't remember off the top of my head.

We won 3-1.

A Hi-Bee
15-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Yeah I have asked for my cardboard cut to be removed I won’t have him sitting through that again 😉

The crowd have been pretty flat the last couple of games

:flag::flag::flag:

ehf
15-08-2020, 08:45 PM
The crowd have been pretty flat the last couple of games

:flag::flag::flag:

FF Lower empty again :grr:

CMurdoch
15-08-2020, 11:20 PM

:faf::top marks

B.H.F.C
15-08-2020, 11:47 PM
Unbeaten, top of the league, no goals conceded from open play, two clean sheets in a row, another decent performance from Doig and Gogic.

Motherwell had a strip torn off them midweek and were expected to be hungrier (than midweek). Our midfield lacks a driving force, and today our wide men needed to show more and be braver.

All in all, 10 points from 12, top of the league, pressure on rivals to close the gap..........I'll take that all day long. Poor today but they'll be told that and learn from it.

Bring on the Saintees :aok:

There is a lot of that I agree with. Would have been delighted with ten points from twelve.

But will they ‘be told’ about how poor they were? We did the very same thing tonight that we didn’t on Tuesday night in terms of shape. It didn’t work on either occasion.

Players were poor but management also need to have a think about things. That set the tone and some of things we did to rectify it were odd IMO.