PDA

View Full Version : Only Hearts.....

15-08-2020, 09:44 AM

15-08-2020, 09:44 AM

...squeal about costs incurred when having to stop using Heriot Watt training facilities when not so long ago they used a CVA to weasel out of paying £146k for using Heriot Watt training facilities.

What else would Only Hearts do?

CentreLine
15-08-2020, 10:01 AM
...squeal �� about costs incurred when having to stop using Heriot Watt training facilities when not so long ago they used a CVA to weasel out of paying £146k for using Heriot Watt training facilities.

Steel from charities

blackpoolhibs
15-08-2020, 10:02 AM
Is that their training ground they built?

lord bunberry
15-08-2020, 10:16 AM
I saw a picture on Twitter with hearts scored out and Hull written on top. Apparently hull are training there but hearts aren’t allowed to.

The Harp
15-08-2020, 10:17 AM
Which club is the laughing stock of Scottish football? Only Hearts.

calumhibee1
15-08-2020, 10:20 AM
I’m going to start putting up a picture of world of football and telling folk it’s my football pitch since I hired it once.

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2020, 10:21 AM
I saw a picture on Twitter with hearts scored out and Hull written on top. Apparently hull are training there but hearts aren’t allowed to.

Which in itself is an absolute farce, Hearts have every right to complain about it.

jacomo
15-08-2020, 10:25 AM
Only Hearts can have so many tantrums.

Golden Bear
15-08-2020, 11:01 AM
Only Hearts and Tom English, but if this article is correct then maybe the hertz do have a valid point - for a change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53777042

Since452
15-08-2020, 11:06 AM
Their training ground is magnificent to be fair. They must be so proud of it

Hibrandenburg
15-08-2020, 11:07 AM
I can feel a list coming on.

EdinMike
15-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Had to have a look, and talk of buying Berwick Rangers or Crawley... you have to laugh and then stop and feel pity, but still laugh...

Eyrie
15-08-2020, 12:23 PM
I can feel a list coming on.

If it's the creditors list, I think Boston Hibs usually has it ready.

BoomtownHibees
15-08-2020, 12:28 PM
Which in itself is an absolute farce, Hearts have every right to complain about it.

How? Hull are allowed to train, Hearts and the rest of the lower Scottish leagues aren’t

AltheHibby
15-08-2020, 12:33 PM
...squeal about costs incurred when having to stop using Heriot Watt training facilities when not so long ago they used a CVA to weasel out of paying £146k for using Heriot Watt training facilities.

Only Hearts would use "the famous" or some other made up saying instead of their name.

Keith_M
15-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Just by way of a reminder as to how this latest Hearts slogan came about.

Hearts claimed to be working for the good of all of Scottish Football with their proposals for league reorganisation. After the other clubs rejected the final proposal for reorganisation, Hearts threw the toys out the pram and announced on their official site that... from now on... it's 'Only Hearts' that matter.

They made it perfectly clear what their new slogan meant, that they'd thrown a childish tantrum, shouted 'I hate you' to all the other kids and took all their toys into the corner and refused to play any more.

Only Hearts

jacomo
15-08-2020, 12:53 PM
Only Hearts and Tom English, but if this article is correct then maybe the hertz do have a valid point - for a change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53777042

Ha ha ha, dry your eyes Tom!

Hearts have spent months being incensed and incredulous, and even took the SPFL to court, while relentlessly criticising them and everyone else in public.

Cannae be too surprised if neither body are minded to do them a favour. Yet again Hearts seem to want an exemption to the rules because, well, they do.

Suck it up, chumps.

15-08-2020, 01:04 PM
Just by way of a reminder as to how this latest Hearts slogan came about.

Hearts claimed to be working for the good of all of Scottish Football with their proposals for league reorganisation. After the other clubs rejected the final proposal for reorganisation, Hearts threw the toys out the pram and announced on their official site that... from now on... it's 'Only Hearts' that matter.

They made it perfectly clear what their new slogan meant, that they'd thrown a childish tantrum, shouted 'I hate you' to all the other kids and took all their toys into the corner and refused to play any more.

Only Hearts

I think it originated on Kickback where Hearts First was initially suggested by some moron but it was changed to Only Hearts

Prof. Shaggy
15-08-2020, 01:09 PM
I'm assuming the Scottish Govt/Jason Leitch didn't ask for lower league clubs not to train in the same way that they didn't ask for the Aberdeen and Celtic games to be postponed.

Iain G
15-08-2020, 01:22 PM
I think it originated on Kickback where Hearts First was initially suggested by some moron but it was changed to Only Hearts

Doctor Budges' Only Hearts Club Banned?

Spike Mandela
15-08-2020, 01:24 PM

:top marks:cheers:

Onion
15-08-2020, 01:26 PM
(L)Only Hearts.

Hibernia&Alba
15-08-2020, 01:28 PM

Quality :greengrin

The Harp
15-08-2020, 01:31 PM

No doubt inspired by their counterparts at Ibrox with their 'It's All About The Rangers.'

The similarities between both clubs is becoming more and more apparent, apart from their size.

hibee-boys
15-08-2020, 01:33 PM
Michael Stewart and Jon Daly on Sportsound banging on about Hearts 'infrastructure' and tremendous facilities at Oriam, not a championship team etc etc.

Iain G
15-08-2020, 01:42 PM
Michael Stewart and Jon Daly on Sportsound banging on about Hearts 'infrastructure' and tremendous facilities at Oriam, not a championship team etc etc.

Well they clearly are a Championship Team! If only their players and management were as good as their amazing facilities last season....

Magnifique
15-08-2020, 01:43 PM
It’s short for

Only Hearts And Horses

Totally dodgy club.

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2020, 01:46 PM
How? Hull are allowed to train, Hearts and the rest of the lower Scottish leagues aren’t

You’ve just answered your own question, it’s a farce.

Bostonhibby
15-08-2020, 02:03 PM
If it's the creditors list, I think Boston Hibs usually has it ready.[emoji16]

Sorry haven't got my laptop to hand.

Will this do? https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13116282.hearts-a-debt-of-29m-and-200-creditors/

Someone more informed than me will no doubt explain all the dodgy debt for equity and Lithuanian pension fund money that needs to be added in.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Berwickhibby
15-08-2020, 02:04 PM

Brilliant ...I nicked your quote 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

JohnMcM
15-08-2020, 02:28 PM

:not worth

Silversand
15-08-2020, 02:32 PM
Doctor Budges' Only Hearts Club Banned?Brilliant [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

calumhibee1
15-08-2020, 02:43 PM

Hearts First would have suited them better to be fair :agree:

147lothian
15-08-2020, 02:47 PM
Only Hearts

Could talk about a gofundme page to building a statue of Dr Ann Budge at the fore court Plaza for rescuing Scottish football without realizing that the Woke students at Heriot Watt were planning to take the statues of slavers down.

147lothian
15-08-2020, 02:49 PM

We hope that you enjoy the show

tamig
15-08-2020, 02:50 PM
Hearts First would have suited them better to be fair :agree:

Hearts Twelfth far more accurate though.

TrinityHibs
15-08-2020, 02:53 PM

That is just excellent

lyonhibs
15-08-2020, 03:16 PM
Once again with Hearts and marketing imagery, my natural instinct is to assume it's a wind up as it looks so childish but am I to take it that's real output from the glass curtain?

Iain G
15-08-2020, 03:21 PM
Brilliant ...I nicked your quote 🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬🇳🇬

Not a problem, am here all week...

The Baldmans Comb
15-08-2020, 03:31 PM
You’ve just answered your own question, it’s a farce.

The SPFL have absolutely no jurisdiction over where Hull plan to do their pre season training as Hull obviously come under the jurisdiction of the English football authorities.

Oriam is run by a private company attached to Heriot Watt University so again the SPFL or the Joint Response Group (encompasing the SFA and SPFL) have no power to dictate who Oriam lease out their facilities to.

Hearts have only been asked to pause training until the SPFL are happy all the new procedures are in place across all Championship sides around 7/10 time.

There is a lot of sense behind the SPFL approach as Scottish football was within hours of being closed down for 2 weeks after the Bolingoli disaster.

Closing down Scottish football for 2 weeks of fixtures was the Scottish Governments default postion but it was negotiated down to just the Celtic and Aberdeen games.

Scouse Hibee
15-08-2020, 04:13 PM
The SPFL have absolutely no jurisdiction over where Hull plan to do their pre season training as Hull obviously come under the jurisdiction of the English football authorities.

Oriam is run by a private company attached to Heriot Watt University so again the SPFL or the Joint Response Group (encompasing the SFA and SPFL) have no power to dictate who Oriam lease out their facilities to.

Hearts have only been asked to pause training until the SPFL are happy all the new procedures are in place across all Championship sides around 7/10 time.

There is a lot of sense behind the SPFL approach as Scottish football was within hours of being closed down for 2 weeks after the Bolingoli disaster.

Closing down Scottish football for 2 weeks of fixtures was the Scottish Governments default postion but it was negotiated down to just the Celtic and Aberdeen games.

Yes a farce as I have already said. Celtic and Aberdeen issue closes down part of Scottish football they are not involved in.

The Baldmans Comb
15-08-2020, 08:59 PM
Yes a farce as I have already said. Celtic and Aberdeen issue closes down part of Scottish football they are not involved in.

That's exactly what Aberdeen and Celtic did but its hardly a "farce" as Scottish football is one more incident away from a complete shutdown for between 2 weeks to a month as thats the severity of the situation as Scottish football were given special dispensation to resume which wasn't given to any other sports.

The players have shown they can't be trusted and the clubs got off to a poor start by not getting their testing in order.

The charge sheet is growing longer and the Scottish Government has had enough and have made it perfectly clear that one more strike and you are out.

The clubs duly reacted and have put more procedures in place across all the divisions as well reinforcing the messages to their players and making the players and facilities available for public health promotional purposes.

That was the trade off to keep Scottish football moving forward and it was unfortunate for Hearts they were in the wrong place at the wrong time but the Championship clubs need more time to adapt to these new protocols.

None of that is a 'farce' its the SPFL and the clubs working with the Scottish government realising there was serious weakness in the system namely individual and group player behaviour and therefore taking aggressive steps to address the issue.

FilipinoHibs
16-08-2020, 06:38 AM
That's exactly what Aberdeen and Celtic did but its hardly a "farce" as Scottish football is one more incident away from a complete shutdown for between 2 weeks to a month as thats the severity of the situation as Scottish football were given special dispensation to resume which wasn't given to any other sports.

The players have shown they can't be trusted and the clubs got off to a poor start by not getting their testing in order.

The charge sheet is growing longer and the Scottish Government has had enough and have made it perfectly clear that one more strike and you are out.

The clubs duly reacted and have put more procedures in place across all the divisions as well reinforcing the messages to their players and making the players and facilities available for public health promotional purposes.

That was the trade off to keep Scottish football moving forward and it was unfortunate for Hearts they were in the wrong place at the wrong time but the Championship clubs need more time to adapt to these new protocols.

None of that is a 'farce' its the SPFL and the clubs working with the Scottish government realising there was serious weakness in the system namely individual and group player behaviour and therefore taking aggressive steps to address the issue.

It is worth noting also, that Hearts got special dispensation to start training before the rest of the championship sides pending the outcome of the court case/arbitration. Their start of training is now in line with the other 9 championship clubs. They still have an advantage having had a period of training that rest of the championship did not have. Taking a 10 day break does not mean you go back to zero again.

Speedy
16-08-2020, 08:33 AM

The farce is that we are allowing football teams from other countries to have their pre season training here but we aren't even allowing the same for other clubs and the general public.

The only exception that's been granted is for top flight clubs. Hull shouldn't be allowed.

Keith_M
16-08-2020, 09:03 AM
The farce is that we are allowing football teams from other countries to have their pre season training here but we aren't even allowing the same for other clubs and the general public.

The only exception that's been granted is for top flight clubs. Hull shouldn't be allowed.

Who is it that could/should stop them?

They have a contract with a private company that has no links to Scottish Football and I'd imagine this is something that is not in the jurisdiction of the Scottish Government.

Coco Bryce
16-08-2020, 09:12 AM

This was explained by Jason Leitch yesterday. Oriam is a privately owned company and anybody can book its facilities. They are not breaking any government guidelines in letting English teams train there. Scottish teams outwith the SPL however are Not allowed to start trading though as the current Scottish Government guidelines.

CentreLine
16-08-2020, 09:18 AM
Who is it that could/should stop them?

They have a contract with a private company that has no links to Scottish Football and I'd imagine this is something that is not in the jurisdiction of the Scottish Government.

I think the mistake being made here is to think that somehow The Oriam is exclusive to Scottish Football, it is a private facility that advertises itself as “Scotland’s Sports Performance Centre”. It is a sports facility available for legitimate hire by any suitably Covid-19 protected and currently permitted sports organisation. Presumably Hull meet all of the criteria and therefore can rent the place like any other suitably cleared and active club. I would expect to see rugby using it as well now that they have commenced playing.

Any organisation, including Hull, that has hired this facility will have had their hire arranged well in advance. This is firmly not a case Hull getting it because hearts couldn’t. They would simply have had their own slots.

The issue is not about Hearts being able to rent space or not it is about Hearts being in a lower tier of the game here that is currently not authorised to train for a competition that will not commence until at least October.

The slight irony is that the Oriam Is effectively a huge gym and would probably have been banned from opening had it not been the preferred option for Hearts as a rented training facility in the first place.

Scouse Hibee
16-08-2020, 02:10 PM

A farce in my opinion.

CMurdoch
16-08-2020, 07:41 PM
The Oriam

CASH ONLY

Iggy Pope
16-08-2020, 08:05 PM
I reckon a farce might equate more to say, sticking West Yorkshire into extended lockdown but letting an audience into a snooker hall in South Yorkshire which is the width of Barnsley away.

Greenfly
16-08-2020, 08:48 PM
I reckon a farce might equate more to say, sticking West Yorkshire into extended lockdown but letting an audience into a snooker hall in South Yorkshire which is the width of Barnsley away.

Don't be silly. That would never happen :greengrin

Waxy
16-08-2020, 09:17 PM
Its the answer to the question “who got relegated from the premier last season”?

FilipinoHibs
17-08-2020, 12:19 AM
Only Hearts could complain about being made to play on a level playing field with the rest of the teams in their league.

25-08-2020, 11:39 AM
Only Hearts get training injuries when they're (apparently) not training.

jacomo
25-08-2020, 11:44 AM

Who gives a f*** about Hearts?

We’ve had to suffer their over inflated sense of self-importance for far too long.