PDA

View Full Version : Jack Ross (Netflix TID)

EK-HIBEE
12-08-2020, 07:47 PM
If we keep Boyle, Doidge and well (Nisbet isn’t an issue of keeping hold of him), I’m a bit worried Ross’ composure on Sunderland TID and his time here might attract unwanted attention.
What’s the odds of the boss staying put and Delivering us Europe ?

matty_f
12-08-2020, 07:49 PM
You can never tell with managers, but my gut feeling is Jack Ross sees us a longer term job for him.

jeffers
12-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Same as every Hibs manager. If he does really well he’ll move on, if he doesn’t we’ll want him to move on. Far too early IMO to be worrying about his future.

calumhibee1
12-08-2020, 07:53 PM
Same as every Hibs manager. If he does really well he’ll move on, if he doesn’t we’ll want him to move on. Far too early IMO to be worrying about his future.

Yup. Unless he’s doing enough consistently without ever excelling then he’ll not be here longer than 3 years. Any better or worse and he’ll be off. The way it is at Hibs, player or manager.

EK-HIBEE
12-08-2020, 07:55 PM

Sadly moving on is ridiculous he case with Scottish football. I’m just wondering what’s happening with this year, our front 3 and JR seem perfect. I’m praying we won’t lose him but his class on that Netflix documentary is hard to ignore and it’s the perfect cv for a lot
Of English clubs

The 90+2
12-08-2020, 08:01 PM
Nah. Ross has been burnt before. He’s here for years. Best appointment we’ve made since GJP.

04Sauzee
12-08-2020, 08:08 PM
If we keep Boyle, Doidge and well (Nisbet isn’t an issue of keeping hold of him), I’m a bit worried Ross’ composure on Sunderland TID and his time here might attract unwanted attention.
What’s the odds of the boss staying put and Delivering us Europe ?

Think he needs 1 good season minum before clubs come calling or he'd consider moving.

I'd rather loose a manager due to him doing very well at Hibs than look for a manager because our last appointment was a disaster.

neil7908
12-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Far, far too early to think about. Let's just enjoy it whilst we can. No doubt we'll lose a game soon and folk will be calling for his head.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Nah. Ross has been burnt before. He’s here for years. Best appointment we’ve made since GJP.

Think GJP will cause a bit of discussion😄
Joined Hibs when we were on a low, got us promoted at the 1st attempt
Signed some of the best Hibs players in my lifetime, and apart from joining Rangers as they were back then, really left Hibs in a downward spiral

Northernhibee
12-08-2020, 08:18 PM
It’s just a hunch but I get the feeling that he’s interacting with the recruitment team like Stubbs did and is finding gems left, right and centre. Nisbet and McCrorie (if it becomes true) are talented young players that will do us a lot of good and make us a lot of money in the future. Paul McGinn and Gogic weren’t obvious choices but for not much outlay fit in seamlessly.

We got away from that under Lennon and I always thought that was a big mistake. That cup final winning team that had been assembled was special, with a unique bond and we are beginning to see a new team like that. When the team has a bond and an identity on the pitch, good things happen.

EK-HIBEE
12-08-2020, 08:19 PM
Far, far too early to think about. Let's just enjoy it whilst we can. No doubt we'll lose a game soon and folk will be calling for his head.

Fair play! Extremely happy to enjoy him, just a bit worried about the unwanted attnetion he’s likely to attract!
I have a feeling this will be a fantastic season!

Leitherhibs
12-08-2020, 08:23 PM
Tin hat on.

Jack Ross is our Derek McInnes. Burnt by experience of a very harsh press down south, very talented coach who will get the best out of his players and get the consistency required to be 3rd-4th every season. To then be under appreciated by Hibs fans and ultimately booed out the club.

I’d bet he’ll be here for a while.

hibbydog
12-08-2020, 08:45 PM
I’m not going to judge Jack Ross until the end of this season.

I’m not even sure our recovery last season was down to him. It might have been more to do with Boyle returning from injury and Doidge’s miraculous change in form.

Optimistic signs, but Time will tell.

The Spaceman
12-08-2020, 08:55 PM
I’m not going to judge Jack Ross until the end of this season.

I’m not even sure our recovery last season was down to him. It might have been more to do with Boyle returning from injury and Doidge’s miraculous change in form.

Optimistic signs, but Time will tell.

Since Jack Ross was appointed as our manager, Hibs have hauled in the 3rd highest points total in the Premiership. The guy is a class act, knows the game well and has a great relationship with players and fans alike.

Luckily for us, the glamour move down south worked out badly for him (having been treated very unfairly) - hunch is that he will be our manager for 5+ years. I hope anyway!

Kaff
12-08-2020, 11:40 PM
Since Jack Ross was appointed as our manager, Hibs have hauled in the 3rd highest points total in the Premiership. The guy is a class act, knows the game well and has a great relationship with players and fans alike.

Luckily for us, the glamour move down south worked out badly for him (having been treated very unfairly) - hunch is that he will be our manager for 5+ years. I hope anyway!

Sad reality is that the game is so fickle now and doesn't allow for blips.
I'm happy JR is a reliable safe pair of hands and is now starting to get me thinking he could build a good team that can be regular 3rd/4th. Thing is if we had a dip to 5th/6th he'd be hounded out with pressure on the board to get rid, tbh 2 seasons finishing 3rd would probably mean 4th would create unbearable pressure.
What I need is entertainment and that's a fear that he does do a 'McInnes' and plays too safe. But what a complaint when you say 3rd/4th is boring. Haha

davhibby
12-08-2020, 11:58 PM
Tin hat on.

Jack Ross is our Derek McInnes. Burnt by experience of a very harsh press down south, very talented coach who will get the best out of his players and get the consistency required to be 3rd-4th every season. To then be under appreciated by Hibs fans and ultimately booed out the club.

McInnes gets stick now because the fans are fed up with the awful style of football they play every week

Haymaker
13-08-2020, 03:43 AM
There are two ways out of a football club. You either get a bigger job or you get sacked.

Northernhibee
13-08-2020, 07:01 AM
Tin hat on.

Amazingly there are already posters on Hibs social media saying how they have a feeling in their gut that Jack Ross isn’t the man for Hibs and stuff like that.

Wired to the moon.

Jim44
13-08-2020, 07:09 AM
Amazingly there are already posters on Hibs social media saying how they have a feeling in their gut that Jack Ross isn’t the man for Hibs and stuff like that.

Wired to the moon.

Jambos and trolls?

Northernhibee
13-08-2020, 07:10 AM
Jambos and trolls?

You would hope.

The 90+2
13-08-2020, 07:21 AM
Think GJP will cause a bit of discussion😄
Joined Hibs when we were on a low, got us promoted at the 1st attempt
Signed some of the best Hibs players in my lifetime, and apart from joining Rangers as they were back then, really left Hibs in a downward spiral

Great summary and I completely agree. The final part ruined his legacy with us but was still a fantastic manager at his peak.

The 90+2
13-08-2020, 07:21 AM
McInnes gets stick now because the fans are fed up with the awful style of football they play every week

They should be reminded how ***** it was up there for years before McInnes went in.