PDA

View Full Version : Well on Sat

HendoDelivered
12-08-2020, 12:02 PM
Expecting it to be another tough game, they are a good side with some good players. Hopefully we can continue our 100% start to the season.

Thoughts on the game?

Billy Whizz
12-08-2020, 12:20 PM
We’ve got an extra 24 hours rest on them, think they play Livvi at home tonight. Both these sides were above Hibs last season, so a wee draw would be nice, keep them 8 points behind
Think Robinson is struggling to choose his best 11 at the moment, so hopefully we’ve got them at the right time

Kaff
12-08-2020, 12:25 PM
We’ve got an extra 24 hours rest on them, think they play Livvi at home tonight. Both these sides were above Hibs last season, so a wee draw would be nice, keep them 8 points behind
Think Robinson is struggling to choose his best 11 at the moment, so hopefully we’ve got them at the right time

Is it right Motherwell are on a run of no win in 11? Terrible form if true.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2020, 12:27 PM

Yeah something like that, but you can’t really count last season

Since452
12-08-2020, 12:31 PM
Another challenge for us. Their poor form won't last forever. They'll be looking at his game to kick start their season so it'll be tough. We need to keep the momentum going. The further ahead of Aberdeen and Motherwell we get the better

Vault Boy
12-08-2020, 12:33 PM

They've got 1 win in 10 league games. They beat Ross County in the penultimate game of last season.

Kaff
12-08-2020, 12:45 PM
They've got 1 win in 10 league games. They beat Ross County in the penultimate game of last season.

Thanks
In reply to Billy. Yes accept that but won't be sitting well with Robinson. He commented after the game on Saturday that the team weren't carrying out his plans and he had to do too much coaching from the sidelines issuing instructions for shape etc, interesting spell for him

RyeSloan
12-08-2020, 12:54 PM
Thanks
In reply to Billy. Yes accept that but won't be sitting well with Robinson. He commented after the game on Saturday that the team weren't carrying out his plans and he had to do too much coaching from the sidelines issuing instructions for shape etc, interesting spell for him

Never good when a manager comes out with that kind of guff.

I know every team has lost players but I think Well look like they have lost more than most.

Also there great form last year was also hugely influenced by the two wingers they had...I think I’m right in saying they lost both during the season and that roughly correlated to their downturn in form.

Defo another tough but winnable game for us so would be magic to stretch it to 4/4!

04Sauzee
12-08-2020, 12:56 PM
Current form over the last 10 league games (dundee utd form in championship and premier)

ancient hibee
12-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Once a manager appears in the running for another job he seems to lose a bit of the squad.

Nicho87
12-08-2020, 01:44 PM
I’d still say 4 points out of the next six would be a good return given the start. But sounds like Ross is drilling in the winning mentality and not to settle for a draw. Love that. It’s what we’ve needed for years

CapitalGreen
12-08-2020, 01:59 PM
We should put Motherwell away fairly easily imo. They are on a rotten run extending from last season and their squad is weaker this year after losing some key players. With home advantage and the extra 26 hours rest our squad will have we should be winning this fairly comfortably.

Since452
12-08-2020, 02:20 PM
Teams are going to start fearing Hibs and sitting in more so it will become more difficult the better we do if that makes sense. Up to us to break them down. Can see a few low scoring games coming up

Unseen work
12-08-2020, 02:20 PM
There will be nothing easy about this game and imo will be our hardest test yet.

The teams we’ve played are solid and usually make it difficult for you, Motherwell are this but also have players like Turnbull, Hastie, Seedorf and Hylton that can really hurts us in an attacking sense, it will be interesting to see how our defence cope.

Tambo
12-08-2020, 02:39 PM
They have created chances but just not put any away so far this season, will be interesting how tonight's game goes for them.

What do you think same team again or Allan for horgan and a 3-5-2?

B.H.F.C
12-08-2020, 03:56 PM
As long as the players don’t start thinking we’ve cracked it, and apply themselves properly, I think we should be looking for another win here.

Motherwell’s league position last year owed a lot to their form before the winter break. Not been good in 2020.

B.H.F.C
12-08-2020, 03:58 PM
They have created chances but just not put any away so far this season, will be interesting how tonight's game goes for them.

What do you think same team again or Allan for horgan and a 3-5-2?

I think we will go with three in the middle of the park with Allan coming in.

The shape worked well at Livingston, possibly caught them by surprise with it a bit, but not so last night. I think we’ll get an extra body in the middle of the pitch.

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2020, 04:14 PM
Can’t see them troubling us much at all.

With confidence high and a settled team, I think another comfortable win is on the cards.

12/12

ekhibee
12-08-2020, 06:20 PM
So is it on Sky but not on hibs tv for ST holders?

Billy Whizz
12-08-2020, 06:30 PM
So is it on Sky but not on hibs tv for ST holders?

Will be on Hibspass for season ticket holders

ekhibee
12-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Will be on Hibspass for season ticket holders

Cheers Billy, was worried for a few minutes lol

DaveF
12-08-2020, 08:12 PM
Motherwell quite direct tonight with Long and White up top.

JimBHibees
12-08-2020, 08:16 PM
2 2 Livi Forrest

Kaff
12-08-2020, 09:14 PM
See what happens with that blow up from Robinson. Basically hung the team out to dry there!
It definitely will a big game for them, lose to us and he's running out of manoeuvring room after a public blast like that

Jim44
12-08-2020, 09:33 PM
I think we’ll win, hands down.

Unseen work
12-08-2020, 10:24 PM
Quick read of the Motherwell fans forum and they’re absolutely raging and unimpressed with what they’ve seen this season and the end of last.

Hopefully our confidence and results and their lack of will benefit us massively.

Since452
13-08-2020, 05:12 AM
Just watching the Motherwell v Livi highlights. Motherwell defence is woeful. Really bad.

Greenworld
13-08-2020, 06:31 AM
Quick read of the Motherwell fans forum and they’re absolutely raging and unimpressed with what they’ve seen this season and the end of last.

Hopefully our confidence and results and their lack of will benefit us massively.My mate who is a season ticket holder says the fans are not impressed seems there good run might be over .

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

number9dream
13-08-2020, 08:58 AM
Well have got good players in the middle of park, with Campbell's energy and the very gifted Turnbull working his way back from injury, but they have problems elsewhere.
Robinson slaughtered some last night in his his post-match interview, so we'll see how that approach works out...
They appeared to be shelling a lot of long balls forward last night and Livi gave them a lot of problems on the wings, with Lamie really struggling at left-back.
If Lamie's confidence is low, Boyle could have a field day. Get the Squirrel racing behind them, shooting at will and fizzing in low crosses.

HendoDelivered
13-08-2020, 09:19 AM
Manager blasting a fee players after the game wanting a reaction on Sat. Tough game coming up for us, it will turn for them soon enough, hopefully after Sat though!

hfc rd
13-08-2020, 12:46 PM
On form we should be winning this game comfortably but at the same time, we’ve all been here before when we go into a game as clear favourites but end up dropping points. Hopefully it ain’t the case this Saturday and we make it 4 out of 4 and regain top spot.

JammyDoidger
13-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Massive game already this early in the season, ive no doubts motherwell will turn this poor form around. They are really struggling at the back particularly full back. The boy Grimshaw at right back is murder, and Lamie isn't much better on the other side. They're strengths lie in midfield.

Hibernia&Alba
13-08-2020, 03:02 PM
We should beat them, but isn't a gimme, despite their poor start. The big two apart, there isn't a lot between the rest of the teams and anybody can beat anybody on their day. We have the confidence of an excellent start, which could prove decisive.

RoYO!
13-08-2020, 09:48 PM
No easy games. 100% focus and energy required. Players must be buzzing looking forward to it.

Would be really disappointing to drop points but taking nothing for granted.

Kaff
13-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Two tough away trips and Killie proving difficult to beat so 3 wins is excellent, I'm now thinking a home game against Motherwell in their current form has to be viewed as potential 3pts but we'll need to be on our game right away.
These are the big matches if 3rd is going to be achieved.

Unseen work
13-08-2020, 11:21 PM
Think with Motherwell signing O’Donnell he will go straight in the team and as such we will got with a 442.

We will line up the same as Saturday with Horgan on the left helping Doig.

Motherwell are a hard working team but also have plenty players that can hurt us which we will need to be wary of. They’ve started really poor but it will still be a very difficult game imo and 3 points would be massive.

The positive is that based on their fans forum they seem hopeless at the back so a good opportunity to really punish them on the break.

Hope we pull it out the bag.

King Cosell
14-08-2020, 12:18 AM
On form we should be winning this game comfortably but at the same time, we’ve all been here before when we go into a game as clear favourites but end up dropping points. Hopefully it ain’t the case this Saturday and we make it 4 out of 4 and regain top spot.

We've got a better squad than them, more firepower, but the gap's not huge. We've had 2 very close games and we've thrashed a below par Livingston, they've had 3 very close games. We could have had 5 pts now, they could have had 7. It'll be tough on Saturday, expect them to have a lot of possession, but think Doidge and Nisbet too hot for them.

Prediction: Hibs 2-1

B.H.F.C
14-08-2020, 06:53 AM
Think with Motherwell signing O’Donnell he will go straight in the team and as such we will got with a 442.

We will line up the same as Saturday with Horgan on the left helping Doig.

Motherwell are a hard working team but also have plenty players that can hurt us which we will need to be wary of. They’ve started really poor but it will still be a very difficult game imo and 3 points would be massive.

The positive is that based on their fans forum they seem hopeless at the back so a good opportunity to really punish them on the break.

Hope we pull it out the bag.

Don’t think we will go with a midfield four. It didn’t work the other night and middle of the park is the strongest area of Motherwell’s team. Don’t think we’ll leave ourselves short in there.

Borderhibbie76
14-08-2020, 09:04 AM
Don’t think we will go with a midfield four. It didn’t work the other night and middle of the park is the strongest area of Motherwell’s team. Don’t think we’ll leave ourselves short in there.

Agree with this I think we will go back to the 3 5 2 with Allan in behind Nisbet and big Doidgey

PatHead
14-08-2020, 09:10 AM
What has changed for the m? Did Motherwell lose many players at the end of the season? Also who did they sign? (I suppose Turnbull could almost be considered a new signing).

B.H.F.C
14-08-2020, 09:13 AM
What has changed for the m? Did Motherwell lose many players at the end of the season? Also who did they sign? (I suppose Turnbull could almost be considered a new signing).

Think the main two they lost were the goalie who signed for Newcastle the centre half, Hartley, who was also their captain. Quite a few others but not first picks I don’t think.

Unseen work
14-08-2020, 09:41 AM

I think we will purely for the reason that I can see Doig having a very hard time against O’Donnell and whoever their winger is, could be Hastie, Hylton or Seedorf who are all tricky and fast. I can see him having Horgan left mid to offer some protection.

Kaff
14-08-2020, 12:07 PM
I think we will purely for the reason that I can see Doig having a very hard time against O’Donnell and whoever their winger is, could be Hastie, Hylton or Seedorf who are all tricky and fast. I can see him having Horgan left mid to offer some protection.

I agree it should be 4 at the back against a team who were particularly strong on the wings fairly recently, squad is adaptable so changing to a 3 should be straightforward if we're dominating possesion though.
It suggests Allan on the bench which I was pretty well against pre season but this run requires consistency. If we can raise the quality a bit there has been a very definite steeliness through the team and none of those flat spells during a game where we drop our workrate and concede easily. Maybe the Killie equaliser was the one occasion of switching off slightly where Doig and Gogic both had opportunity to clear danger but were caught out?

HendoDelivered
15-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Excited for the game today. Been a while since I was looking forward to seeing us play, with such optimism.

C’mon Hibs, 3 points please!!

Sammy7nil
15-08-2020, 02:40 PM

TBF Hibs have won three games however two of those the results could have been very different. Hibs are winning but the form is just okay at this stage. I expect a right tough game that hopefully Hibs will edge it. 🐵

Franck Stanton
15-08-2020, 03:39 PM
Team just been announced on radio, same as last game.