PDA

View Full Version : One game at a time

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Already touched on by most replies in the 'we're going to win the league' thread but worth emphasising.

There's only been three games so far, only one of which we've won by more than one goal, and we 'won ugly' tonight (not that I care about how we won it).

It's a great start, in terms of results, but we're nowhere near the quality of Celtc and the Rangers... at least before they collapsed in January.

We could easily lose on Saturday so let's just take it one game at a time and see where it takes us.

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2020, 08:43 PM
I mean, what else are we going to do, play 2 games at a time? :greengrin

No one said we were winning the league, just that the oppertunity is there to pressure the old firm.

Borderhibbie76
11-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Already touched on by most replies in the 'we're going to win the league' thread but worth emphasising.

There's only been three games so far, only one of which we've won by more than one goal, and we 'won ugly' tonight (not that I care about how we won it).

It's a great start, in terms of results, but we're nowhere near the quality of Celtc and the Rangers... at least before they collapsed in January.

We could easily lose on Saturday so let's just take it one game at a time and see where it takes us.

Jeezo mate u must be great fun at a party??

Nobody is getting carried away but its the first time in 46 years we've won our first 3 in top league...can't we just enjoy that for now??

Risboro Hibby
11-08-2020, 08:52 PM
We are Hibs fans. Why bring being sensible into this. I was 18 in 1974 and was excited about us winning the league then. So excuse me after 46 years I am going to be the same now.

SChibs
11-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Great start to the season but isnt this is what we were ripping into hearts fans for doing 2 years ago?

SteveHFC
11-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Jeezo mate u must be great fun at a party??

Nobody is getting carried away but its the first time in 46 years we've won our first 3 in top league...can't we just enjoy that for now??

It’s the first time we’ve been top of the table for a long time. We may aswell enjoy this moment. :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
11-08-2020, 08:58 PM

:top marksI’m going to enjoy it as long as it lasts.

We’ve got a decent season ahead to look forward to. I reckon we’ll be in the top 4 all the way to the end.

green day
11-08-2020, 09:04 PM

Some of us having fun on the "6 Wins From 6 In August - Wanna Bet?........." thread in the PM board. We are all quids in so far :greengrin

RoYO!
11-08-2020, 09:09 PM
Now, more than ever, it truly doesnt matter how carried away we get! We have zero impact on team performance :P

Other than all the money we're ploughing in obviously! :D

11-08-2020, 09:12 PM
...sweet Jesus. 🎵

Pretty Boy
11-08-2020, 09:14 PM
I'm getting carried away. It's what I do with football.

Win our 1st 4 games and we are going all the way. Lose on Saturday and we have been lucky and may get dragged into a relegation battle.

One game at a time is for players. I'll happily swing from one extreme to the other and right now it's the good end of the spectrum.

Booked4Being-Ugly
11-08-2020, 09:16 PM
Great start to the season but isnt this is what we were ripping into hearts fans for doing 2 years ago?

No, it’s mostly a tongue in cheek, satirical dig at said Hearts fans.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 09:16 PM
35 to go. Just need to keep winning Hibs.

Unseen work
11-08-2020, 09:33 PM
Still need another 2 or 3 players to take us to that next level and really go for 3rd imo.

H18 SFR
11-08-2020, 09:34 PM
exciting times.

Hibs90
11-08-2020, 09:36 PM
Yeah all the league winners chat is clearly just tongue in cheek/sarcasm right, you do know this?

1875godsgift
11-08-2020, 09:37 PM

Yup. It's in our own hands now.

Iggy Pope
11-08-2020, 09:37 PM

No ****?

Tug Wilson
11-08-2020, 10:18 PM

Invincibles?

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 10:20 PM
Invincibles?

Anything less is simply unacceptable.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2020, 10:22 PM
Still need another 2 or 3 players to take us to that next level and really go for 3rd imo.

Yeah agree with that.

Juniper Greens
11-08-2020, 11:01 PM

Hearts were still top after 12 games (the 12th being a 5-1 defeat to Celtic).

Unfortunately they then went on a run of winning only 11 of their next 57 league games and were relegated

Keith_M
12-08-2020, 07:01 AM
...sweet Jesus. 🎵

He gets it!

erin go bragh
12-08-2020, 07:58 AM
Yeah all the league winners chat is clearly just tongue in cheek/sarcasm right, you do know this?

Of course it is . The ugly sisters are so far ahead of us financially.
But it’s a cracking start .

WhileTheChief..
12-08-2020, 11:48 AM
He gets it!

Help us out, what’s to get?!

Kaff
12-08-2020, 11:52 AM
Hearts were still top after 12 games (the 12th being a 5-1 defeat to Celtic).

Unfortunately they then went on a run of winning only 11 of their next 57 league games and were relegated

That's an amazing stat
Hilarious too!

That said it's imperative we as fans enjoy the good times as which Hearts fan could have predicted that would happen :greengrin