PDA

View Full Version : Alex Gogic

LancsHibs
11-08-2020, 07:50 PM
Deserves some individual praise. Loving his work, he is immense. Having him in the centre sitting in front of PH & RP has been a major difference. Well done keep it up👍👍

Torto7
11-08-2020, 07:52 PM
Deserves some individual praise. Loving his work, he is immense. Having him in the centre sitting in front of PH & RP has been a major difference. Well done keep it up👍👍

Yeah agreed. We look rock solid at the moment. He slots into the backline nicely when Hanlon or Porteous press high or bring the ball out. Great signing.

matty_f
11-08-2020, 07:53 PM
Thought he started slow tonight and when he picked up the booking i had my doubts that he’d see out the match, but after that he barely out a foot wrong and was terrific second half.

Vault Boy
11-08-2020, 07:54 PM
I was wetting the bed when both midfielders got booked, but Alex handled it well and his performance improved second half.

I don't think we would games like today or the one against Killie without him in the side. The defence will be loving having him there.

we are hibs
11-08-2020, 07:58 PM
3 or 4 times he read their passes very well and if he hadnt they were in behind. He was excellent on the ball too.

GRA
11-08-2020, 08:01 PM
Definitely what we missed last season. Shows the difference a solid DM makes to a team!

Hibee Mac
11-08-2020, 08:22 PM
He's absolutely what we were missing last season.

One of those solid defensive midfielders who does a great job of pushing us forward whilst he's at it. The amount of times we lose the ball on the attack and there he is pushing up high and winning the ball straight back for attack #2.

Crab apple
11-08-2020, 08:22 PM
He gives us real dig but I’ve also been pleasantly surprised by how good a passer he is and tonight he pushed forward quite a bit too.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2020, 08:23 PM
He's fantastic at stopping the opposition, but he can also play better than i thought he might be able to with the ball.

A definite upgrade on Bartley. :top marks

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 08:25 PM
He gives us real dig but I’ve also been pleasantly surprised by how good a passer he is and tonight he pushed forward quite a bit too.

Gave it away a few times in the first half tonight but, over the course of the three games, I totally agree.

I thought he’d just be a big lump who sat deep but he gets about the park and wants to pass the ball forward.

GreenCastle
11-08-2020, 08:26 PM
I love the guy. Honestly think we need to sign him to another year.

Important player and a leader / winner.

Northernhibee
11-08-2020, 08:29 PM
Dare I say it, an upgrade on Bartley and Milligan.

EAZY-ME
Great player... still gutted we lost marv but at least we have a capable replacement..... would be nice to have omeonga back

Fritz
Clear MOTM for me. Doig was great, full of enthusiasm and energy, Hanlon was a colossus at the back with Porteous not far behind, and Doidge led the line brilliantly and took his goal superbly. But Gogic was just everywhere. Lost count of the number of times he broke down DU attacks. Not always the most noticeable or noteworthy thing but so important and there’s no way we would have won the game without him.

HendoDelivered
11-08-2020, 08:41 PM
Think I seen he was on the brink of a Cyprus call up. Well deserved IMO, been good for us and Accies last season!

NorthNorfolkHFC
11-08-2020, 08:42 PM
Total weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

CloudSquall
11-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Carrying out the Rocastle role to perfection :agree:

Northernhibee
11-08-2020, 08:46 PM
He even looks like a scary *******. Love him already.

Mibbes Aye
11-08-2020, 09:02 PM
Couple of missteps outweighed by countless perfect tackles and challenges, especially while carrying a yellow.

I think we may have a new Marvin Jack.

heretoday
11-08-2020, 09:04 PM
He means business all right but is also good at nicking the ball to a teammate in tight situations.
My only qualm is that we're often going to lose him to suspension.

Mr Grieves
11-08-2020, 09:08 PM
He picked up a silly yellow but still good throughout. Exactly the type of player the team missed last season

04Sauzee
11-08-2020, 09:23 PM
Total weapon.

Think you have him confused with Levein 😁

Unseen work
11-08-2020, 09:31 PM
He’s ALOT better than I was expecting.

I knew he would put in tackles and win headers but it’s his reading of the game, ability to cover ground and press the opposition players, ability on the ball and also his energy/drive running forward.

Been really impressed, long May it continue.

Hes an absolute beast.

hibeejeebies
11-08-2020, 09:39 PM
The man is a cold-blooded killer.

HendoDelivered
11-08-2020, 10:05 PM
The a amount of times he wins the ball back and get stuck in is class. I actually love him and feel we are lucky to have him. If we are in a position to do so I would stick another year on his contract in Jan.

sean04
11-08-2020, 10:09 PM
Interviews are quality aswell, can tell he is loving being at the club

hibsbollah
11-08-2020, 10:11 PM
Total weapon.

That’s a bit harsh.

where'stheslope
12-08-2020, 08:40 AM
If everyone on here is honest, would you have believed that our missing link in the midfield would be a player from Hamilton?
He's given us that steel that we have missed for some time now, I just hope he gets away with it over the season and refs don't just keep booking him!!!

Diclonius
12-08-2020, 08:42 AM
I've been very impressed with him.

Blaster
12-08-2020, 08:47 AM
He picked up a silly yellow but still good throughout. Exactly the type of player the team missed last season

I thought it was a good yellow. Last season our midfield wouldn’t have made that tackle and their player would have been running towards our defence.

Been better if he’d won the ball right enough 😀

jacomo
12-08-2020, 09:07 AM
Definitely what we missed last season. Shows the difference a solid DM makes to a team!

What I love most about this is that most fans identified our softness in midfield as a problem, many identified Gogic as a potential solution, the management team agreed and it’s worked out well so far.

Rarely does football seem so straightforward!

-Jonesy-
12-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Mental how him and Newell (who didn’t dive in and barely made contact at all) both got booked for their first fouls while Reynolds went flying in through the back of Nisbet as he was facing the sideline and never got a warning.

Billy Whizz
12-08-2020, 09:51 AM
We’re going to need cover for him, with the amount bookings he’s getting, going to get
He’s that sort of player we’ve needed for a while

MWHIBBIES
12-08-2020, 09:55 AM
We’re going to need cover for him, with the amount bookings he’s getting, going to get
He’s that sort of player we’ve needed for a while

He only got 5 bookings all last season. Don't think its really something to fret over.

Souter96Mac
12-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Been really impressed with the big man so far. Just seems to be everywhere at once! Definitely what we've missed over the last year or two. But what I've also noticed as well is that he's not afraid to get forward. Don't get me wrong, he's maybe not as attack minded as others, or able to pick a killer pass, but he's certainly a lot better in that area of the park than I had first expected from him. Could get on the end of some crosses this season or be at least be an option in the box too.

Hibee Mac
12-08-2020, 10:09 AM
I think people are way off when saying he is going to be suspended a lot. Is that not his first yellow yesterday?

Even after his yellow yesterday one of the resounding qualities I've seen in him so far is his ability to be really solid and get tight to his man without even giving away a hint of a foul. I honestly think people, commentators' and pundits included, are judging a book by its cover when saying he's going to get suspensions over the season.

He's so much more than a "big lump". Scott Allan will pick up more yellows than him this season. That's right you heard it here first... Quote me come season end.

PH91
12-08-2020, 09:33 PM
He’s ALOT better than I was expecting.

I knew he would put in tackles and win headers but it’s his reading of the game, ability to cover ground and press the opposition players, ability on the ball and also his energy/drive running forward.

Been really impressed, long May it continue.

Hes an absolute beast.

I totally agree he looks very good defensively but i disagree with him having good ability on the ball. From what i have seen so far he seems limited.

I think he suits a team who want to be stuffy rather than one who wants to dominate possession. He is certainly not going to be constantly getting on the ball and dictating the game. It is no coincidence that we have had less possession than the opposition 3 games on the bounce. That could be commonplace this season, dependant on whether we bring in another midfielder or not.

It has worked well so far but im interested to see how we cope against the better teams (old firm, aberdeen, motherwell) as the 3 we have played have been p*ss poor in an attacking sense. Surrendering possession to them is going to result in having to defend a lot more than some crosses thrown into the box.

HibeEC
12-08-2020, 09:57 PM
Love this guy already. He looks like he has MB's grit to break up play and Milligan's coolness/leadership, something we have been missing since both were deemed surplus by...

Unseen work
12-08-2020, 10:27 PM
I totally agree he looks very good defensively but i disagree with him having good ability on the ball. From what i have seen so far he seems limited.

I think he suits a team who want to be stuffy rather than one who wants to dominate possession. He is certainly not going to be constantly getting on the ball and dictating the game. It is no coincidence that we have had less possession than the opposition 3 games on the bounce. That could be commonplace this season, dependant on whether we bring in another midfielder or not.

It has worked well so far but im interested to see how we cope against the better teams (old firm, aberdeen, motherwell) as the 3 we have played have been p*ss poor in an attacking sense. Surrendering possession to them is going to result in having to defend a lot more than some crosses thrown into the box.

Yeah although I don’t think he’s great on the ball, he’s a lot more competent on the ball than I expected. That said he’s had a couple of moments already where he’s been caught.

I think he will be a massive plus against the better teams in the league as he wins us back possession a lot which will be essential in us countering them.

Agreed the 3 teams we’ve played so far have had nothing about them going forward, be interesting to see how we cope with Motherwell who have some really good players.

O'Rourke3
13-08-2020, 07:36 AM
If everyone on here is honest, would you have believed that our missing link in the midfield would be a player from Hamilton?
He's given us that steel that we have missed for some time now, I just hope he gets away with it over the season and refs don't just keep booking him!!!Doherty came from Hamilton originally
Loads of decent players who have gone on to better clubs.
Filled that spot brilliantly.
Very good interview afterwards. Look forward to seeing a lit more of him.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk