PDA

View Full Version : Hanlon and Porteous

matty_f
11-08-2020, 07:09 PM
3 games in, solid in every one of them - think they’re headed nore balls out in those three games than they did all last season.

Rocky has barely had a save to make over all three games.

Not just down to that pair, but they’ve been outstanding.

sean04
11-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Got 2 full backs either side that are pretty solid and gogic is helping a lot. Long may it continue

hibee_girl
11-08-2020, 07:12 PM
The defence has been outstanding the past three games :agree:

Delighted for Hanlon as many had written him off last season.

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2020, 07:12 PM
Bit of coaching and defending as a team works wonders. Very impressed with them both so far, Porteous looking very solid.

Vault Boy
11-08-2020, 07:13 PM
No goals conceded from open play and it's no coincidence. Winning absolutely everything.

Bobby's Cinema
11-08-2020, 07:14 PM
Yup brilliant tonight. Goalie was well protected all game.

Myweebruv
11-08-2020, 07:15 PM
3 games in, solid in every one of them - think they’re headed nore balls out in those three games than they did all last season.

Keep a clean sheet and a game will never be lost.
Well done the boys at the back!

InchHibby
11-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Playing well, particularly the defence, two away games and won them both. Definitely looking a lot more solid at the back, hence as someone has already mentioned, no goals lost from open play, keep it up Hibs.

JammyDoidger
11-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Whole defence was brilliant. Porteous won everything. What a difference.

greenlex
11-08-2020, 07:24 PM
The main difference in defence is Gogic in the middle of the park.

sean04
11-08-2020, 07:25 PM
Nothing rash from Porto either. No charging 20yards to kill somebody. Composed and looking the part

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 07:28 PM

The bit about heading balls out. That is absolutely the biggest difference IMO. There isn’t any shortage of balls coming in to our box but we are dealing with them so, so much better.

matty_f
11-08-2020, 07:40 PM

He’s making a massive difference in that teams are having to go wide against us, so the two centre halves are able to concentrate on clearing the crosses.

RyeSloan
11-08-2020, 07:51 PM
He’s making a massive difference in that teams are having to go wife against us, so the two centre halves are able to concentrate on clearing the crosses.

Totally.

Said it plenty of times previously....if you have teams breaking onto a back 4 with our midfield no where to be seen then it doesn’t really matter who you play in defence, you will concede goals. Lots of them.

This year, so far, we have been the opposite of that. Gogic and the rest have made it extremely hard for any team to play through us. That’s forced them wide or to toss balls in from an angle....Porto and Hanlon have therefore been able to see the game in front of them and been superb in their positioning and determination to get the ball clear.

Long may it continue!!

Unseen work
11-08-2020, 07:51 PM
Best players for us this season imo.

Both have been absolutely solid and seem to be relishing teams chucking crosses in the box.

Mcpakeisgod
12-08-2020, 12:40 AM
Nothing rash from Porto either. No charging 20yards to kill somebody. Composed and looking the part

This made me laugh quite a bit 😂

Kato
12-08-2020, 12:48 AM
This made me laugh quite a bit [emoji23]'Cos it's true. If he can carry on learning that composure is key, attackers will begin dreading playing against him. Hes an awfy big laddie, not a bad passer of the ball and if has got a brain he'll be the biggest asset we have.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Greenbeard
12-08-2020, 07:43 AM
But, but...folk on here as recently as the Killie game were saying we need a completely new defence!
A wee touch of realism needed though. They have not yet faced a real challenge i.e Tic or Huns. But if they can continue to be as solid against the rest (and I include the Sheep in that) it will contribute hugely to a top four finish, maybe more.

Forza Fred
12-08-2020, 07:45 AM
Is anyone else like me, scared to admit that they do occasionally hold their breath when Porto goes into A tackle inside our penalty box?

GRA
12-08-2020, 07:59 AM
'Cos it's true. If he can carry on learning that composure is key, attackers will be begin dreading playing against him. Hes an awfy big laddie, not a bad passer of the ball and if has got a brain he'll be the biggest asset we have.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I'm convinced we have a future Scotland regular there. Sometimes he can be rash but bear in mind he's only 21! He will learn to curb that aspect of his game in time. Generally plays with a maturity way beyond his years.

RoscoHibby
12-08-2020, 09:12 AM
Is anyone else like me, scared to admit that they do occasionally hold their breath when Porto goes into A tackle inside our penalty box?

Just about every time! But I love him, he’s gonna be some player. Absolute bear of a boy, think of him when he’s 26 and ‘properly filled oot’ as well...👀😳💚

jacomo
12-08-2020, 09:23 AM

:agree:

Give our defence some protection, stop the opposition running at them at will, and our centre backs suddenly look good again!