PDA

View Full Version : Boli Bolingoli

Pages : [1] 2 3

DH1875
10-08-2020, 09:30 PM
So apparently he ducked off to Spain last week with the girlfriend and never told anyone, including celtic. He came back, never isolated/self quarantined and has been training with celtic. Was in their squad at weekend and think he even got on pitch at some point.

JimBHibees
10-08-2020, 09:36 PM
So apparently he ducked off to Spain last week with the girlfriend and never told anyone, including celtic. He came back, never isolated/self quarantined and has been training with celtic. Was in their squad at weekend and think he even got on pitch at some point.

Should be banned for months.

Del Boy
10-08-2020, 09:40 PM
This is unbelievably stupid. Worse than the Aberdeen 8. Celtic should sack him.

1van Sprou7e
10-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Genuinely astounding behaviour.

And we thought what the Aberdeen players did was bad

Sammy7nil
10-08-2020, 09:42 PM
Should be banned for months.

Not going to argue but banned by who ? Has he broken any football law? It will be interesting to see what Celtics punishment for him is. No doubt there is a limit to what they can do in terms of fine and no doubt it will be kept in house. Scottish Government fine is £450 rising to £1,000 if he continued to ignore quarantine.

The Baldmans Comb
10-08-2020, 09:44 PM
The quotes from the player and the club are completely damming and its mind boggling a Celtic player with all their high public profile though he could get away with it.

Scottish football could be closed down imminently as the charge street just builds and builds as that's now two major teams where the internal procedures may have failed and the players were just living on a different planet.

Based on a previous precedent there would a strong case for just calling the league now as it stands.��

Iain G
10-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Genuinely astounding behaviour.

And we thought what the Aberdeen players did was bad

Just goes to show how many self important pricks there are around who don't believe these rules apply to them at the moment. This guy is in the public eye and deserves to have the book thrown at him.

CentreLine
10-08-2020, 09:46 PM
Incredible. Just how selfish and arrogant does it get for this overpaid privileged idiot and how many others are there? The Aberdeen players was one thing, this is a whole different level.
I cannot see Scottish football being allowed to continue in these circumstances, not without some strong action being taken. For me Aberdeen and now Celtic have to receive meaningful punishment.
Personally I would suspend Celtic’s licence for the season and hope the government don’t take the nuclear option of shutting the whole thing down again.

Sammy7nil
10-08-2020, 09:48 PM
Incredible. Just how selfish and arrogant does it get for this overpaid privileged idiot and how many others are there? The Aberdeen players was one thing, this is a whole different level.
I cannot see Scottish football being allowed to continue in these circumstances, not without some strong action being taken. For me Aberdeen and now Celtic have to receive meaningful punishment.
Personally I would suspend Celtic’s licence for the season and hope the government don’t take the nuclear option of shutting the whole thing down again.

Way over the top reaction the player was wrong not Celtic football club. Action must be taken against the player.

hibbysam
10-08-2020, 09:51 PM

Hope not. Just end it now for me!! Too dangerous to carry on! PPG should suffice.

Eyrie
10-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Way over the top reaction the player was wrong not Celtic football club. Action must be taken against the player.

Much though I loathe Celtc (almost as much as I loathe any incarnation of Rangers, who I loathe almost as much as I do Celtc), I agree that Celtc can't be punished as they have done nothing wrong in this case.

Bolingoli needs to be fined and suspended.

Unseen work
10-08-2020, 09:52 PM
Can really see Sturgeon suspending the season now.

HoboHarry
Come on now, Celtic should be banned for the action of one player who acted without the club's permission?

CentreLine

I don’t think the Scottish government will see it that way, it’s the sport of football that is repeatedly showing it collectively cannot behave responsibly.

Over twenty million people are confirmed to have or have had this virus and at least three quarters of a million people are confirmed to have died as a result. I am not sure how far over the top one has to go with this.

Vault Boy
I think that should be him done at Celtic. Certainly wouldn't blame them.

Diclonius
10-08-2020, 09:54 PM
That's it. Season will be suspended.

greenginger
10-08-2020, 09:55 PM
E

Where has this story come from ? He could only have gone for a couple of days from last weeks game to training with the squad .

KDY Hibs
10-08-2020, 09:56 PM
Any more of of these rules getting broken and the SG will pull the plug, precedent made with Aberdeen.

Sammy7nil
10-08-2020, 09:58 PM
I don’t think the Scottish government will see it that way, it’s the sport of football that is repeatedly showing it collectively cannot behave responsibly.

Over twenty million people are confirmed to have or have had this virus and at least three quarters of a million people are confirmed to have died as a result. I am not sure how far over the top one has to go with this.

Are you suggesting the Scottish Government punish the player and or Celtic? Yes they could suspend football but they will not get involved in any punishment for the player or club. What authority would they have other than to fine him for breaking quarantine?

Juniper Greens
10-08-2020, 10:01 PM
I think that should be him done at Celtic. Certainly wouldn't blame them.

They're not going to write off £3m they spent on him

The 90+2
10-08-2020, 10:02 PM
Are you suggesting the Scottish Government punish the player and or Celtic? Yes they could suspend football but they will not get involved in any punishment for the player or club. What authority would they have other than to fine him for breaking quarantine?

If Celtic don’t sack him they should be done.

This is going to end up crippling clubs and costing millions being shut down again.

CentreLine
10-08-2020, 10:02 PM
Do these people not know or simply not care about the threat their actions pose to lives and livelihoods. Notwithstanding the obvious threat posed to the broader community, by Ignoring the rules, if Scottish football is closed down there will be clubs that go to the wall, perhaps our own club.
What are these arrogant people thinking?

The 90+2
10-08-2020, 10:03 PM

It’s going to cost all other clubs a lot more than that when we shut down again, and it’s coming.

CentreLine
10-08-2020, 10:04 PM

I am suggesting the league take action and try to prevent action by government. My own fear is that the government will not give it that long and simply pull the plug on public safety grounds.

Vault Boy
10-08-2020, 10:04 PM

I didn't say they'll write him off, but selling him at a loss isn't out of question. The Celtic fans are fuming and I can't imagine his team mates or his manager are best pleased. Seems an untenable position right now.

Sammy7nil
10-08-2020, 10:05 PM
If Celtic don’t sack him they should be done.

This is going to end up crippling clubs and costing millions being shut down again.

That will be up to Celtic and no doubt the players union Government cannot get involved in individual cases. Perhaps the SPFL will take action but again not sure how severe the punishment can be?

Ozyhibby
10-08-2020, 10:09 PM

I don’t think that money is coming back to them anyway, he’s crap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedy
10-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Not going to argue but banned by who ? Has he broken any football law? It will be interesting to see what Celtics punishment for him is. No doubt there is a limit to what they can do in terms of fine and no doubt it will be kept in house. Scottish Government fine is £450 rising to £1,000 if he continued to ignore quarantine.

Bringing the game into disrepute?

ScottB
10-08-2020, 10:12 PM
How was he able to disappear for 4 days before a game and still be eligible? What excuse had he given to Celtic?

Clearly the league needs punishments for this, if the threat of the virus alone isn’t enough to keep players in line. Given the reality that repeated breeches is going to lead to the league being suspended, there should be hefty bans for players breaking the protocols. Clubs should be forfeiting games if they can’t field squads because of their players being morons.

CentreLine
10-08-2020, 10:12 PM
Okay, beginning to calm down. I have a better solution...

Call the league now 👍🏻

Speedy
10-08-2020, 10:15 PM
Come on now, Celtic should be banned for the action of one player who acted without the club's permission?

Celtic are responsible for the safety of their (other) staff, as well as having a direct impact on the safety of opposition players/staff.

Clubs need to do their bit as well.

lord bunberry
10-08-2020, 10:15 PM
We need to start deducting points from teams or this will just keep happening. These idiots are going to get the game stopped again.

Clarence
10-08-2020, 10:17 PM
Should be like the Aussies and start handing out the fines. Even the WAGs are under scrutiny

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/afl-2020-richmonds-trent-cotchins-wife-brooke-instagram-post-in-4500-breach/news-story/b750e5d864aaa7a0de7b94c4d7585c42

Vault Boy
10-08-2020, 10:18 PM
I wonder if this was known to Celtic before the meeting that club officials had tonight concerning the Covid protocols? The article states he was pulled up for it in a meeting today, so I'd imagine it would have been spoken about during the zoom call.

The 90+2
10-08-2020, 10:19 PM
That will be up to Celtic and no doubt the players union Government cannot get involved in individual cases. Perhaps the SPFL will take action but again not sure how severe the punishment can be?

If football gets stopped it will put clubs to the wall. **** Celtics £3m. It’s not an individual case if it gets the game done completely. Celtic and their 50,000 season ticket holders won’t suffer that though. Will they spare a thought for clubs going under? Highly doubtful.

04Sauzee
10-08-2020, 10:19 PM
I'd doubt football this season will be paused or suspended after this incident. Jason Leitch had the call late afternoon with Managers and Captains and I'm sure that should there be any further incidents then it's squeeky bum time.
No idea why he was in Spain and how much time he was given off?

The 90+2
10-08-2020, 10:20 PM
We need to start deducting points from teams or this will just keep happening. These idiots are going to get the game stopped again.

Problem is mate it would have to be voted through 11/1 to go ahead. I don’t think you can just start making up penalties. It’s up to the clubs to show a stance and so far Aberdeen done zero and Celtic will also.

The Baldmans Comb
10-08-2020, 10:20 PM
How was he able to disappear for 4 days before a game and still be eligible? What excuse had he given to Celtic?

Clearly the league needs punishments for this, if the threat of the virus alone isn’t enough to keep players in line. Given the reality that repeated breeches is going to lead to the league being suspended, there should be hefty bans for players breaking the protocols. Clubs should be forfeiting games if they can’t field squads because of their players being morons.

I was wondering exactly the same thing as how does a 1st team squad player who wasn't injured as he played v Killie just "sneak off" to Spain.

Isnt there training to attend? Or tactics talks? or team meetings or do Celtic just give their players 4 days off whenever they fancy it.

18Craig75
10-08-2020, 10:21 PM
Are football players really so stupid that they don’t know the rules? Or just so arrogant they think they’re above the law?

Supporters of all teams up and down the country have ploughed money in to their clubs over the shutdown in the midst of a financial crisis, if I was a Celtic fan I’d be even more fuming and wanting him sacked.

It really is only a matter of time before the government shut the league down, and who could blame them at this rate. Really shows how tinpot our league actually is given that almost every other league in Europe passed with less incidents than we’ve had in 2 weeks.

Frazerbob
10-08-2020, 10:21 PM
To avoid linking to a Sun article, here's the Scottish Government response:

“The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week.

"We are currently in discussion with the club and football governing bodies to establish the facts.

“If confirmed as another serious incident within Scottish football, where protocols have been breached at the risk of wider public health, then the Scottish Government will have little choice but to consider whether a pause is now needed in the resumption of the game in Scotland.”

Stuart93
10-08-2020, 10:25 PM
It’s about time clubs were being hammered by the SFA/SPFL for this. Points deductions etc. It’s clearly serious enough for the Government to consider stopping it which would be an absolute disaster.

Mind you, it seems to be a continuing theme that some football players think they can get away with doing whatever they want.

Unseen work
10-08-2020, 10:27 PM
It’s about time clubs were being hammered by the SFA/SPFL for this. Points deductions etc. It’s clearly serious enough for the Government to consider stopping it which would be an absolute disaster.

Mind you, it seems to be a continuing theme that some football players think they can get away with doing whatever they want.

Unfortunately it’s not just footballers though. I know of plenty people that have went on nights out in more than groups of 4 or go on holiday and not self isolated for the full 14 days, no one tracks them or knows they’re breaching it though unlike footballers.

Ozyhibby
10-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Could this cost Celtic their champions league spot? If Scottish govt pause football then they are automatically out of Europe. As are the other Scottish teams.

04Sauzee
10-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Celtic fans concerned they may not be allowed to play their CL fixture and therfore forfeit the game. That would be a p****r for them

Stuart93
10-08-2020, 10:30 PM
Unfortunately it’s not just footballers though. I know of plenty people that have went on nights out in more than groups of 4 or go on holiday and not self isolated for the full 14 days, no one tracks them or knows they’re breaching it though unlike footballers.

Yep you’re right but there’s a lot more attention on footballers and they know that. They are also meant to following strict protocol put in place by the Government that allowed football to restart again.

There’s a lot more to lose for them not following rules and guidance.

Hibs90
10-08-2020, 10:31 PM
To avoid linking to a Sun article, here's the Scottish Government response:

“The Scottish Government is aware of reports of a Celtic FC player having broken quarantine rules last week.

"We are currently in discussion with the club and football governing bodies to establish the facts.

“If confirmed as another serious incident within Scottish football, where protocols have been breached at the risk of wider public health, then the Scottish Government will have little choice but to consider whether a pause is now needed in the resumption of the game in Scotland.”

It'll get paused then. FFS :rolleyes:

B.H.F.C
10-08-2020, 10:32 PM
I don’t think football will be stopped for this. It’s the individuals that need to be punished, not the whole of Scottish football.

18Craig75
10-08-2020, 10:33 PM
What was he thinking??

One thing for sure is this virus has shown up who the selfish folk in society are. Funnily enough the people you see moaning about the situation most on social media are usually the ones who have no regard for any of the rules.

CentreLine
10-08-2020, 10:35 PM
Yep you’re right but there’s a lot more attention on footballers and they know that. They are also meant to following strict protocol put in place by the Government that allowed football to restart again.

Absolutely right. Football has enjoyed a privileged position over other industries but with strict protocols to follow. Less than two weeks in to the season and already nine players from two clubs have shown they are incapable of respecting their position and the fragility of the game.

Unseen work
10-08-2020, 10:35 PM

The disrespect and disregarding shown by Bolingoli is just simply mind blowing. What frustrates me is that in the long run he will be absolutely fine, he’ll get another club and be on a good wage.

Some clubs will be struggling massively and the thought of another break or set back could be very costly or even be the end for some clubs. It puts even more jobs at risks too if the struggling clubs managed to stay afloat.

Never mind the fact Some more at risk people could be infected and become seriously unwell as a result of his travels.

I suppose the only plus side is that he has had 2 tests since returning and both have been negative.

Stuart93
10-08-2020, 10:37 PM
Absolutely right. Football has enjoyed a privileged position over other industries but with strict protocols to follow. Less than two weeks in to the season and already nine players from two clubs have shown they are incapable of respecting their position and the fragility of the game.

Correct. For me it’s the clubs who should start being punished for it. They won’t let the players away with it lightly if that was the case.

Rocky
Problem is mate it would have to be voted through 11/1 to go ahead. I don’t think you can just start making up penalties. It’s up to the clubs to show a stance and so far Aberdeen done zero and Celtic will also.

I don't actually think that would be hard to do. The SPFL could propose an emergency motion that if any player or coaching staff member at a club is caught breaching league or government rules then the club would be deducted 3 points or whatever. Who's going to vote against that and risk getting the whole game shut down?

macca70

Ofcourse he has broken a football law, for the league to start up when it did, players and clubs were given very strict protocol the must adhere to. Do not only has he broken that footballing specific protocol, he’s also not followed the government’s quarantine rule

04Sauzee
10-08-2020, 10:38 PM
Do we think the Hibs game is at risk tomorrow? I know there are no fans in the ground to consider but we're only 19hrs or so away.

Ozyhibby
10-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Do we think the Hibs game is at risk tomorrow? I know there are no fans in the ground to consider but we're only 19hrs or so away.

It’s very much at risk.

Ozyhibby
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200810/90a3a81e55f3ade1112ba66e67d2fe4e.jpg

macca70

Wouldn’t have thought so, if it was a game involving Celtic or Killie then maybe.

GonzoReturns
10-08-2020, 10:41 PM
What a stupid selfish ****** and wtf Are the club playing at how can a player who is getting tested twice a week go on holiday without them knowing!!! What happens if football is paused/suspended and more folk lose jobs etc 😡😡😡😡 it’s ripping the p*ss out of every supporter across all teams 😡😡😡😡

sean04
10-08-2020, 10:44 PM
How has he managed to have a week off from training to go to Spain without any of his teammates or club officials knowing?

B.H.F.C
10-08-2020, 10:44 PM

No, IMO.

There is going to be a lot of strong words over this, and Celtic will need to hammer Bolingoli. But if they stop the game again, they’re basically choosing to put people out of work which I don’t think they’ll do.

Stuart93
10-08-2020, 10:45 PM
It is pretty unbelievable that he was away to Spain and the club supposedly never knew?

Totally undermines Lennon too who came out after the Aberdeen fiasco and said it was home training home game home.

Bolingoli obviously picked him up wrong.

04Sauzee
10-08-2020, 10:45 PM
Did Lennon not wonder who the postcard was from ffs!!

04Sauzee
10-08-2020, 10:46 PM
It is pretty unbelievable that he was away to Spain and the club supposedly never knew?

Totally undermines Lennon too who came out after the Aberdeen fiasco and said it was home training home game home.

Bolingoli obviously picked him up wrong.

Training, home, Spain?

StevesFamau5
10-08-2020, 10:47 PM
How has he managed to have a week off from training to go to Spain without any of his teammates or club officials knowing?Aye that's what I thought as well..

Are the Celtic officials keeping track of their players? Surely nobody is stupid enough to sign off on this.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Stuart93
10-08-2020, 10:48 PM
Training, home, Spain?

Hahaha, he’s picked him up incredibly wrong.

I just can’t get my head around it. I know obviously the club can’t keep an eye on their players 24/7 but to not know one of your players is away to Spain seems strange

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 10:49 PM

It's 100% at risk.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sturgeon announces an immediate halt to the season at her briefing tomorrow.

18Craig75
What was he thinking??

One thing for sure is this virus has shown up who the selfish folk in society are. Funnily enough the people you see moaning about the situation most on social media are usually the ones who have no regard for any of the rules.

Stuart93
It's 100% at risk.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sturgeon announces an immediate halt to the season at her briefing tomorrow.

She should just call the season now. Current standings.

CentreLine
10-08-2020, 10:50 PM
No, IMO.

There is going to be a lot of strong words over this, and Celtic will need to hammer Bolingoli. But if they stop the game again, they’re basically choosing to put people out of work.

Perhaps but they have taken tough decisions before that threaten jobs. Gyms, theatres, fairgrounds, not to mention affecting foreign travel. This is a public health emergency we are in and football was given a uniquely privileged position. Football has failed abysmally to recognise that. I
I can see the plug being pulled. The knock on effect of that is incalculable but who can point the finger of blame anywhere other than at football ?

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 10:50 PM
She should just call the season now. Current standings.

I'll second that. :greengrin

sean04
10-08-2020, 10:51 PM
Aye that's what I thought as well..

Are the Celtic officials keeping track of their players? Surely nobody is stupid enough to sign off on this.

I’m under the impression that players even if injured still report to training for treatment etc
For a player to have missed 3/4 training sessions and still play a part in the game at the weekend is outrageous

macca70
10-08-2020, 10:51 PM

Does seem very strange that he could go to Spain without Celtic knowing, it doesn’t say how long he was away for.

Could easily have went Tuesday after training, Wednesday all squad off and back in time for training Thursday morning

sean04
10-08-2020, 10:52 PM
Does seem very strange that he could go to Spain without Celtic knowing, it doesn’t say how long he was away for.

Could easily have went Tuesday after training, Wednesday all squad off and back in time for training Thursday morning

Sure it said 4 days he was away

Gordy M
10-08-2020, 10:52 PM
It's 100% at risk.

I dont think she will, had he come back and tested positive i think they would, and if anyone know tests positve from Celric or Killie then that might happen in the future. At the moment i dont think they will.

Vault Boy
10-08-2020, 10:54 PM

Apparently Lennon has a bit of a record for being very lenient with time off, which is surprising given his seemingly strict managerial approach.

I read that Ronny Deila flagged it as an issue when he joined, that the players he inherited were used to being given a lot more time off than he was willing to sanction.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 10:56 PM
No, IMO.

There is going to be a lot of strong words over this, and Celtic will need to hammer Bolingoli. But if they stop the game again, they’re basically choosing to put people out of work which I don’t think they’ll do.

I don't think that will come into Sturgeon's thinking to be honest. She's not going to allow anything that jeopardises her stated aim of the elimination of Covid-19 in Scotland.

macca70
10-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Or they played hamilton on the Sunday so would have had Monday off as day after the game, maybe Tuesday is there normal day off so that’ could be 2 days off,

sean04
10-08-2020, 10:58 PM
Apparently Lennon has a bit of a record for being very lenient with time off, which is surprising given his seemingly strict managerial approach.

I read that Ronny Deila flagged it as an issue when he joined, that the players he inherited were used to being given a lot more time off than he was willing to sanction.

I find it quite hard to believe that he would let them have 4 days off after 1 game into a season especially knowing how tough a place Killie can be

StevesFamau5
10-08-2020, 11:00 PM

I read that Ronny Deila flagged it as an issue when he joined, that the players he inherited were used to being given a lot more time off than he was willing to sanction.Really?

Interesting to hear, but unless Bolingoli said he was staying local then it sounds like a shocker from top to bottom.

Either he lied to his management in which case he is a selfish numpty.

Or his management signed off on him going to a restricted travel country in which case the book has to be thrown at Celtic.

Both do not look good at all.

Vault Boy
10-08-2020, 11:02 PM
I find it quite hard to believe that he would let them have 4 days off after 1 game into a season especially knowing how tough a place Killie can be

Would he have played him against Killie if he'd taken 3/4 unsanctioned days off of training prior to the match? I think that's even less likely to be honest

B.H.F.C
10-08-2020, 11:06 PM
I don't think that will come into Sturgeon's thinking to be honest. She's not going to allow anything that jeopardises her stated aim of the elimination of Covid-19 in Scotland.

Would argue that stopping it jeopardises that aim more than not stopping it does. You’d be taking a lot of people (not just players) out of a working environment where they have to be tested regularly and which is very controlled when they are there. And if they don’t have work to go to they’re not going to feel the need to be as careful perhaps.

Shutting down a whole industry because of the actions of a tiny minority would be hugely unfair IMO. The individuals must be punished properly though.

Togs91
10-08-2020, 11:13 PM
No a doctor or health specialist by any stretch, but is there a small chance of him being asympotmatic? I.e a carrier but could test negative? If so, and with the players from aberdeen who tested negative being told to isolate for 14 days, presumably in case they show symptoms even though testing negative, this would then make all players involved in the kilmarnock game could be at risk and may have to do the same?

Could be talking rubbish mind but eother way, an incredibly selfish and stupid thing to do. Where do we go from here? 🤦*♂️

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 11:18 PM
No a doctor or health specialist by any stretch, but is there a small chance of him being asympotmatic? I.e a carrier but could test negative? If so, and with the players from aberdeen who tested negative being told to isolate for 14 days, presumably in case they show symptoms even though testing negative, this would then make all players involved in the kilmarnock game could be at risk and may have to do the same?

Could be talking rubbish mind but eother way, an incredibly selfish and stupid thing to do. Where do we go from here? 🤦*♂️

The Aberdeen players need to isolate because they were in close contact with someone who was positive.

You don't need to isolate just because you've been in close contact with someone who has failed to quarantine on their return from a high risk country but who has ultimately tested negative.

It's true that it might be a few days before he maybe tests positive but until that happens no-one who's been near him needs to isolate.

macca70
10-08-2020, 11:18 PM

Yes, exactly, you could show no symptoms, test negative but still be carrying it and spreading it.

Togs91
10-08-2020, 11:21 PM
The Aberdeen players need to isolate because they were in close contact with someone who was positive.

You don't need to isolate just because you've been in close contact with someone who has failed to quarantine from a high risk country but who has ultimately tested negative.

It's true that it might be a few days before he maybe tests positive but until that happens no-one who's been near him needs to isolate.

I'll put the cans down 🤣👍

Cheers though, just cant get my head around why when government guidelines state if you travel to spain you must self isolate for 14 days and he goes and does this. Hopefully noone is affected and the government/governing bodies can come up with some way forward!

macca70
10-08-2020, 11:22 PM
The English Premiership and Championship managed to finish their season under very similar strict protocol but with no real dramas or serious breaches.

We’ve been up and running 2 weekends and now had 2 serious breaches already.

sean04
10-08-2020, 11:25 PM
Would he have played him against Killie if he'd taken 3/4 unsanctioned days off of training prior to the match? I think that's even less likely to be honest

Aye true that, if I was a Celtic fan I would be raging that players had 4 days off then dropped points. 2 day off fair enough but 4 seems a bit unprofessional to me

Just_Jimmy
10-08-2020, 11:41 PM
The quotes from the player and the club are completely damming and its mind boggling a Celtic player with all their high public profile though he could get away with it.

Scottish football could be closed down imminently as the charge street just builds and builds as that's now two major teams where the internal procedures may have failed and the players were just living on a different planet.

Based on a previous precedent there would a strong case for just calling the league now as it stands.��I'd take that.

Champions

Champions League wind fall.

Boom!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Forza Fred
11-08-2020, 01:51 AM
As I understand it, certain assurances were given and special protocols agreed to, to allow the resumption of football.

Seems Aberdeen have breached them, and this Celtic guy has to, and Sparky's party didn't exactly send the right message either.

The Hibs supporting teenagers who congregated outside at the Livi game were obviously not a party to those protocols, but the common denominator is....football.

I think Sturgeon may consider pulling the plug, but probably more likely she will give a clear, 'three strikes and you are out' warning.

Problem is, the players just don't seem to get the message and I think it is inevitable that at some point the plug is indeed pulled.

I just hope its not because of any behaviour related to Hibs.

matty_f
11-08-2020, 02:17 AM
Why doesn’t he just say he was checking his eyesight? That’s allowed, isn’t it?

I think the politicians need to be careful not to treat football differently from other businesses when it comes to clamping down on individual employees breaking rules, but at the same time, footballers need to realise quickly that they are putting everything at risk by not competing some pretty basic rules.

FilipinoHibs
11-08-2020, 02:44 AM

Agree. The only way to get through to these idiots is to hit the clubs with points deductions. If all that is going to happen is a 14 day quarantine then they will carry on with this type of behaviour. If their paymaster is hit then they will get hit.

Since452
11-08-2020, 05:35 AM
These brain-dead idiot players are seriously jeopardising football in this country. Nicola Sturgeon doesn't **** about. It'll be stopped without a second thought. I'm livid with these clowns.

overdrive
11-08-2020, 05:39 AM
Are the clubs actually hammering home the message to players? Doidge and Horgan have suggested in the recent pre-match press conferences that they think the Aberdeen players were unlucky that they got caught and were treated harshly. It doesn’t seem to be getting taken seriously enough by players and clubs.

Since452
11-08-2020, 05:43 AM
It will be typical if the season is suspended while we're flying.

Iain G
11-08-2020, 05:48 AM
It will be typical if the season is suspended while we're flying.

Oh don't say that or Nicola will have us in quarantine for 14 days 😁

Barney McGrew
11-08-2020, 06:09 AM
I cannot for the life of me believe that he went to Spain for four days and neither Celtic nor any of his team mates were aware.

I’m just not buying that.

green day
11-08-2020, 06:16 AM
I cannot for the life of me believe that he went to Spain for four days and neither Celtic nor any of his team mates were aware.

I am struggling with this as well - even allowing for days off after the Hamilton match, you would think the first team would be back training by midweek?

All a bit odd - and, unfortunately, this lack of clarity might give the Government even more ammunition.

To be honest, who would blame them if they called a halt right now?

Big90inOz
11-08-2020, 06:19 AM
Celtic should be docked 40 pts and Rangers 40 pts as well just because they are rangers, lets add Aberdeen in as well "just in case" :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

That should help our season :greengrin:greengrin

Phil MaGlass
11-08-2020, 06:20 AM
Are the clubs actually hammering home the message to players? Doidge and Horgan have suggested in the recent pre-match press conferences that they think the Aberdeen players were unlucky that they got caught and were treated harshly. It doesn’t seem to be getting taken seriously enough by players and clubs.

F,n fitba players seem to think they are somehow above the law/rules, is that really true of Doidge and Horgan? If it is, what a couple of f,n idiots, unlucky to be caught, wtf???

Why are we even thinking of a 3 pt deduction,were no different from bars and restaurants really, just stop play simple. Spoilt ar5eholes only have themselves to blame.

Gatecrasher
11-08-2020, 06:21 AM
Not punishing Aberdeen could be a bit of an own goal. Celtic (or Bolingoli at least) should be hammered for this. We are on the verge of the league being stopped. The players are going to let us all down. :rolleyes:

MWHIBBIES
11-08-2020, 06:23 AM
F,n fitba players seem to think they are somehow above the law/rules, is that really true of Doidge and Horgan? If it is, what a couple of f,n idiots, unlucky to be caught, wtf???

Why are we even thinking of a 3 pt deduction,were no different from bars and restaurants really, just stop play simple. Spoilt ar5eholes only have themselves to blame.
Plenty people think they are above the rules, not just footballers.

JimBHibees
11-08-2020, 06:24 AM

Agree was surprised with Horgan comments how much he seemed to be sorry for them however probably just supporting fellow professionals.

My old man
11-08-2020, 06:24 AM

💯%
aren’t they doing twice weekly tests ??
where was he for training??
punishment !
I’m with some on here that think players and club
should be hammered (if found guilty of being Deliberate)
Or not giving a toot as is in this case
I think player fined and club dropped points!!

just my thoughts

GGTTH

JimBHibees
11-08-2020, 06:26 AM

If he went to Lennon saying he had a family issue he possibly would have agreed to the time off however possibly the player didn't say he was travelling abroad.

JimBHibees
11-08-2020, 06:28 AM

No way on this earth imo Celtic first team squad would have been given 4 days off after one game especially with Champions league coming up. They did play like they did at Killie right enough.:greengrin

makaveli1875
11-08-2020, 06:30 AM
Not punishing Aberdeen could be a bit of an own goal. Celtic (or Bolingoli at least) should be hammered for this. We are on the verge of the league being stopped. The players are going to let us all down. :rolleyes:

Stupid decision , the 8 Aberdeen players should have got 10 match bans and Bolingoli should really get fired . Griffiths in the **** for having a big party too it seems.

Onion
11-08-2020, 06:32 AM
Can really see Sturgeon suspending the season now.

Too severe. Player should be banned for 6 months. That should help bring this stupidity to an end, and help the clubs realise they have a role to play in controlling their players.

Failing that, end the season now, declare Hibs champions and deny Celtic their 10IAR. That would make the boy popular :greengrin

Billy Whizz
11-08-2020, 06:36 AM
I’m not doubting the story. At this stage of the season, players are in at least 6 days a week, training recovery etc
If he’d had an injury, would be in for treatment. I just wonder where he would get 4 days to go away somewhere?

Pretty Boy
11-08-2020, 06:39 AM
Football is going to be shut down again and that will cause chaos with the fixture list. We might get away with this one but one more incident and I don't see any way the govt won't, quite rightly, make an example of football.

Ultimately though there is no one to blame but the players who thought they were above the rules set out. It's not stupidity, it's complete and utter selfishness.

JimBHibees
11-08-2020, 06:46 AM
I’m not doubting the story. At this stage of the season, players are in at least 6 days a week, training recovery etc
If he’d had an injury, would be in for treatment. I just wonder where he would get 4 days to go away somewhere?

Must assume he was claiming illness or maybe a family issue to get the time off. Player then assuming went to Spain unknown.

Barney McGrew
11-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Football is going to be shut down again and that will cause chaos with the fixture list. We might get away with this one but one more incident and I don't see any way the govt won't, quite rightly, make an example of football.

Ultimately though there is no one to blame but the players who thought they were above the rules set out. It's not stupidity, it's complete and utter selfishness.

:agree:

The Sun and the Daily Rangers will now be desperately scrabbling around to catch the next player out. And you can guarantee it won’t take long for them to find a picture or two of someone somewhere out in the pub.

G B Young
11-08-2020, 06:47 AM
I don’t think football will be stopped for this. It’s the individuals that need to be punished, not the whole of Scottish football.

It's about more than just individuals though. The wider threat is to public health and the government would be correct to suspend the season if players/clubs are jeopardising attempts to keep Covid at bay.

stoneyburn hibs
11-08-2020, 06:48 AM
I think this will be strike 2 of 3 regarding the SG.
Not looking good considering we're only two games in.

Ozyhibby
11-08-2020, 06:53 AM

Not just the fixture list. If she shuts it down for just a week then Celtic lose their CL spot for the season. That’s a significant loss for them. Might focus minds.
Personally don’t think they will stop football just yet.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 06:57 AM
It's about more than just individuals though. The wider threat is to public health and the government would be correct to suspend the season if players/clubs are jeopardising attempts to keep Covid at bay.

People from all industries are breaking the rules, on a far, far worse scale than people from football are. Do the industries all those individuals work in get shut down?

As I posted earlier, is stopping football going to reduce public health risk? You’d basically have a bunch of people who are getting tested more than the general public then not getting tested. Had the Aberdeen players who tested positive not been football players they wouldn’t have known they had it and continued to spread it. Punish the players for their stupidity and breaking protocol.

Dmas
11-08-2020, 06:57 AM

The Sun and the Daily Rangers will now be desperately scrabbling around to catch the next player out. And you can guarantee it won’t take long for them to find a picture or two of someone somewhere out in the pub.

Is going to the pub that much of a big deal? I mean you and me can goto the pub why should that be different than a football player? It’s been unfortunate that these Aberdeen players where in an infected pub but that could happen to anyone of us anytime we decide to go out for a few pints, it’s a risk of having things open to the public.

Bolignoli has completley Disregarded Government rules, and you can’t tell me this was news to Celtic I’m not having that. Quarantine for Celtic and Kilmarnock is the only way to be sure now IMO and Celtic should be covering any costs for Killie.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 07:01 AM
Is going to the pub that much of a big deal? I mean you and me can goto the pub why should that be different than a football player? It’s been unfortunate that these Aberdeen players where in an infected pub but that could happen to anyone of us anytime we decide to go out for a few pints, it’s a risk of having things open to the public.

Bolignoli has completley Disregarded Government rules, and you can’t tell me this was news to Celtic I’m not having that. Quarantine for Celtic and Kilmarnock is the only way to be sure now IMO and Celtic should be covering any costs for Killie.

The Aberdeen players disregarded government rules on number of households.

Jones28
11-08-2020, 07:05 AM
Two games, two major incidents. The players as individuals should get absolutely hammered. I don’t think it’s really fair to punish the clubs, especially in this instance where a guy hasn’t told anyone what he’s doing.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2020, 07:10 AM
People from all industries are breaking the rules, on a far, far worse scale than people from football are. Do the industries all those individuals work in get shut down?

As I posted earlier, is stopping football going to reduce public health risk? You’d basically have a bunch of people who are getting tested more than the general public then not getting tested. Had the Aberdeen players who tested positive not been football players they wouldn’t have known they had it and continued to spread it. Punish the players for their stupidity and breaking protocol.

People from other industries weren't given special dispensation to open up again over other people in the same industry - the full industry was deemed safe to open at the one time. With football, no-one outside the professional game and who is over the age of 18 is currently allowed to play organised football in Scotland.

The government gave special permission for professional football to return as the football authorities had given assurances that the relevant protocols were in place to allow a safe resumption. Those protocols have now been broken twice within one week of the game restarting.

It would not surprise me one bit if the season is brought to a halt.

PH91
11-08-2020, 07:13 AM
Unfortunately, there are some who have taken the easing of lockdown as a return to normality. It is no surprise that some footballers have also. I wouldn't be surprised if more instances of players from other clubs breaking rules emerged.

It is incredible that boli has went to spain without celtic knowing. It is equally incredible that there have been no punishments set prior to this given how predictable the situation was.

I would fully understand the gov closing down scottish football but hope for the sake of our clubs that they just give a final warning.

An agreed and clear penalty should be set now e.g. a xx% of yearly wage fine and a 10 match ban for all players in breach of guidelines. You would hope this along with the knowledge that they would stop football altogether would be enough of a deterrent but you can never underestimate the stupidity of some people.

mcohibs
11-08-2020, 07:15 AM
People from other industries weren't given special dispensation to open up again over other people in the same industry - the full industry was deemed safe to open at the one time. With football, no-one outside the professional game and who is over the age of 18 is currently allowed to play organised football in Scotland.

The government gave special permission for professional football to return as the football authorities had given assurances that the relevant protocols were in place to allow a safe resumption. Those protocols have now been broken twice within one week of the game restarting.

Spot on. There's every chance the league will be halted. Any leniency with regards to the rules and protocols this season has just been completely wiped out within one week. If not now then a 'third strike' will see Scottish professional stopped IMO. No one is above the rules

Dmas
11-08-2020, 07:19 AM
The Aberdeen players disregarded government rules on number of households.

Well it makes a mockery of it that these guys can change shower and participate in contact training but not sit at the same table in a pub.

Maybe it’s right that it isn’t actually safe for pubs etc to be open at this time

lucky
11-08-2020, 07:20 AM
For me the players should be fined two weeks wages by the clubs involved and both Aberdeen and Celtic should be docked points. It’s nonsense for any player to be out in a pub when they know they shouldn’t. As for Boli going to Spain and just ignoring the laws of the land is incredible. LG is also guilty and should be fined. These players are playing Russian roulette with the future of Scottish football. Another lockdown will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of clubs.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 07:23 AM

Not sure I’d agree with your first point. There are plenty examples of industries that have had to open on a phased basis. Notably, construction. Even if you take retail as an example you had some shops (that weren’t really essential) being deemed to be essential and allowed to open when others weren’t.

Football has dispensation to operate but they’ve also had to do a hell of a lot that no other industry has to do. They can’t control the players 24/7 so I maintain that the players should be punished. That has an obvious impact on the clubs also.

marinello59
11-08-2020, 07:27 AM

Football is different from other industries. They are only allowed to operate because the Government has granted them special dispensation to do so as long as they adhere to the correct protocols. I'd say that puts more than a legal obligation on the players to stick to the rules, it puts a moral obligation on them. Quite apart from the privileged position their industry has been given, the players are still getting paid wages most of us can only dream about because fans, many on reduced wages during furlough or staring redundancy in the face, have paid for season tickets knowing that the chances of actually seeing any live football is low.
When you see all the effort that people have put in to keep football going being chucked back in our faces its no wonder the Scottish Government is considering suspending the game. I hope she doesn't but in order to avoid that the game itself has to demonstrate how seriously it is taking this by clearly laying out the punishments players and clubs can expect including long term suspensions for individuals and points deductions for every breach.
Or we could just call the league now. :greengrin

Geo_1875
Well it makes a mockery of it that these guys can change shower and participate in contact training but not sit at the same table in a pub.

Maybe it’s right that it isn’t actually safe for pubs etc to be open at this time

You're not getting it. They broke rules on number of households allowed to congregate. It doesn't matter if they were in a pub with 200 others or standing in the middle of a field miles away from anybody. 8 different households are not allowed to meet up.

mcohibs

Think you're missing the point. These players are only allowed to do all of those things at the special dispensation of the government. In any normal circumstances, football is still a no-go. I play amateur football and we're legally only now starting to think about contact training.

Professional football in Scotland was given special status to go ahead and the caveat was that all players had to abide by strict government guidelines (as should anyone!) and conduct rigorous testing.

Aberdeen players went out in a group of 8. A breach of guidelines. Bolingoli travelled to a restricted country and did not self isolate when he returned. Also a breach of guidelines.

These players are on thousands a week paid for by hard working punters who currently can't go and watch their team play and in many cases are out of work themselves. Its a disgrace

The Count
Next Celtic game surely has to be postponed s they have been telling us for months that it can take more than a few days for the virus to be confirmed.Hence Boli could still have it and passed it on to other Celtic players.Killie could be innocent victims here also.

mcohibs
11-08-2020, 07:39 AM
Next Celtic game surely has to be postponed s they have been telling us for months that it can take more than a few days for the virus to be confirmed.Hence Boli could still have it and passed it on to other Celtic players.Killie could be innocent victims here also.

Was thinking that. On what basis was the Aberdeen game postponed? Surely same must apply to Celtic

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 07:40 AM
Was thinking that. On what basis was the Aberdeen game postponed? Surely same must apply to Celtic

Aberdeen players who had tested positive. And players who were close contacts of people who have tested positive. That hasn’t happened at Celtic.

Brightside
11-08-2020, 07:43 AM
Its really simple. Any breach of protocol and the team loses the points fo the next game. Aberdeen and Celtic (if that is proven) should have lost their last games 3-0.

Barney McGrew
11-08-2020, 07:43 AM

The Aberdeen players weren’t going for a quiet couple of pints. They went to at least two different bars, one of which has since been shown by photographic evidence of being absolutely rammed inside and out, with no regard for social distancing. For them to catch the virus, it would suggest they’re not been following the hand washing and distancing advice.

Football was given special dispensation to restart, and whether footballers like it or not they’re Ain the public eye and easily recognisable. They’re not being asked to live like hermits, but there are being told to be a bit more sensible than going out in a huge group on the peeve on a Saturday night like it’s back to normal.

Surely it’s not too much to ask for them to wind their necks in a bit for the time being?

Sylar
11-08-2020, 07:46 AM
Suspending the season would punish the 10 clubs with players who are adhering to the rules. Celtic and Aberdeen should both be hammered while the players are also dealt with accordingly (in Bolingoli's case, fined at the maximum level possible under the law).

No way someone at Celtic didn't know about his trip before he stepped onto that pitch on Sunday. Absolutely no way.

CentreLine
11-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Think you're missing the point. These players are only allowed to do all of those things at the special dispensation of the government. In any normal circumstances, football is still a no-go. I play amateur football and we're legally only now starting to think about contact training.

Professional football in Scotland was given special status to go ahead and the caveat was that all players had to abide by strict government guidelines (as should anyone!) and conduct rigorous testing.

Aberdeen players went out in a group of 8. A breach of guidelines. Bolingoli travelled to a restricted country and did not self isolate when he returned. Also a breach of guidelines.

These players are on thousands a week paid for by hard working punters who currently can't go and watch their team play and in many cases are out of work themselves. Its a disgrace

All good points but more than the hard working punters, the biggest contributor to the finances of the clubs is the Sky TV deal. That is the lifeline that almost all clubs are relying on and would be put in jeopardy if the league is suspended. Do these cretins not understand what is as stake with their selfish behaviour?

Sir David Gray
11-08-2020, 07:47 AM
Not sure I’d agree with your first point. There are plenty examples of industries that have had to open on a phased basis. Notably, construction. Even if you take retail as an example you had some shops (that weren’t really essential) being deemed to be essential and allowed to open when others weren’t.

Football has dispensation to operate but they’ve also had to do a hell of a lot that no other industry has to do. They can’t control the players 24/7 so I maintain that the players should be punished. That has an obvious impact on the clubs also.

Yes but it's still not quite like for like. Shops that didn't deliver an essential service had to close and they all opened back up at the same time. With construction, they're all opening back up on a phased basis, you're not getting some construction companies being allowed to open up any faster than other construction companies.

I get that it's ultimately the players at fault but when those players are risking spreading the infection more widely as the come into contact with players who live all over the country then I feel the government will say they have no option but to pause football until doing the activities that they can't be trusted not to do is deemed to be less of a risk in transmitting the virus.

mcohibs
11-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Aberdeen players who had tested positive. And players who were close contacts of people who have tested positive. That hasn’t happened at Celtic.

Cheers, makes sense now. Still irresponsible but yes, different to the Aberdeen situation

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 07:50 AM
This is unbelievably stupid. Worse than the Aberdeen 8. Celtic should sack him.

Yep, I think this is much worse.

He should be fined massively by Celtc

CentreLine
11-08-2020, 07:51 AM
Yep, I think this is much worse.

He should be fined massively by Celtc

If Celtic are unable to fulfil their Champion League commitment I suspect he’ll be more than fined

Spike Mandela
11-08-2020, 07:52 AM
The SFA need to take control of this and give ALL players involved in this kind of breach lengthy bans.

It is clear clubs are doing their best to follow protocols but there really is no accounting for idiots.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 07:53 AM
Suspending the season would punish the 10 clubs with players who are adhering to the rules. Celtic and Aberdeen should both be hammered while the players are also dealt with accordingly (in Bolingoli's case, fined at the maximum level possible under the law).

No way someone at Celtic didn't know about his trip before he stepped onto that pitch on Sunday. Absolutely no way.

I highly doubt players of all the other ten have been sticking rigidly to the rules. They’ve just not been caught. The Bolingoli incident is on a different scale though.

However, I think they need to draw a line in sand here. There was the meeting with Leitch, the managers and captains last night. Anything beyond that is totally unacceptable. That’s not to say anything prior to that is OK, but we don’t want The Record or Sun pulling up a photo from three weeks ago and the season being stopped as a result of that. The last week should demonstrate how strictly people in football need to follow the rules though.

The Count
11-08-2020, 07:53 AM
Cheers, makes sense now. Still irresponsible but yes, different to the Aberdeen situation

Different at the moment but might not be today,tomorrow or the day after.On full safety grounds in my view Cetics game on Wednesday should be postponed.No doubt we will find out today.

lucky
11-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Yes but it's still not quite like for like. Shops that didn't deliver an essential service had to close and they all opened back up at the same time. With construction, they're all opening back up on a phased basis, you're not getting some construction companies being allowed to open up any faster than other construction companies.

I get that it's ultimately the players at fault but when those players are risking spreading the infection more widely as the come into contact with players who live all over the country then I feel the government will say they have no option but to pause football until doing the activities that they can't be trusted not to do is deemed to be less of a risk in transmitting the virus.

I don’t think that the government will pause all games. Too many fans would be pissed off but then again it would knock the SQA rammy of the front pages so just never know

Speedy
11-08-2020, 07:55 AM
Its really simple. Any breach of protocol and the team loses the points fo the next game. Aberdeen and Celtic (if that is proven) should have lost their last games 3-0.

I quite like the idea of a 3 point deduction instead. Don't think it's fair for the other club to automatically get 3 points.

ronaldo7
11-08-2020, 07:56 AM
Just when grassroots think we're getting back to normal, we've got the big boys ****ting all over the rules once again.

They need to be taken to task again by the sports minister, and if the government pause the league's until they actually get it, then so be it.

blackpoolhibs
11-08-2020, 08:00 AM

Pubs were given special dispensation, as long as they adhere to certain rules. Some are doing their bit, others not so much.

I'd say pubs are much much much more of a risk than the odd footballer not following protocol, lets close the country down again, as it is perfectly clear to me, that people will always try and push the limits, or we can not overreact to a few doughnuts being daft.

It is a case in my opinion one or the other, football by and large are doing no different to 99% of the country, and in fact are doing more than most with the testing.

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 08:07 AM
I think the SPFL should introduce strict new punishments for anybody putting the season at risk.

How about Public Castration?

Diclonius
11-08-2020, 08:10 AM
The SFA need to show they actually have the balls to do something about this and say something along the lines of from now on it's a three month ban for any player caught breaking the rules and a three point deduction for their club too. No excuses, no appeals. It's the only way SG won't end the season.

we are hibs
11-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Some people are desperate for it to be stopped.

stokesmessiah
11-08-2020, 08:15 AM

I honestly do not see any other way to do it. Seems like we might have this (if the season goes ahead) on a regular basis - they have already said that they are struggling with fixtures. If a clubs player has knowingly done something that has jeopardized a game, then 3-0 loss. See how quick the players are to nip to a pub when they would have that hanging over them.

Onion
11-08-2020, 08:17 AM
For me the players should be fined two weeks wages by the clubs involved and both Aberdeen and Celtic should be docked points. It’s nonsense for any player to be out in a pub when they know they shouldn’t. As for Boli going to Spain and just ignoring the laws of the land is incredible. LG is also guilty and should be fined. These players are playing Russian roulette with the future of Scottish football. Another lockdown will be the final nail in the coffin for a lot of clubs.

Not severe enough. These individuals are potentially putting lives at risk and £ millions of Sky TV revenue and perhaps even smaller club existence with their crass and selfish behaviour. The very least they deserve is a 6 month ban from football. That would avoid docking points of clubs involved and send a clear message to every other player. You cannot have a whole industry closed down due to the actions of a few stupids.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2020, 08:18 AM
Pubs were given special dispensation, as long as they adhere to certain rules. Some are doing their bit, others not so much.

I'd say pubs are much much much more of a risk than the odd footballer not following protocol, lets close the country down again, as it is perfectly clear to me, that people will always try and push the limits, or we can not overreact to a few doughnuts being daft.

It is a case in my opinion one or the other, football by and large are doing no different to 99% of the country, and in fact are doing more than most with the testing.

My point is that you're not getting some pubs allowed to reopen but other pubs told they must stay shut. Pubs were all allowed to first of all reopen any outdooor areas, followed by indoor areas, it was all done at the same pace. Regardless of whether non-professional football leagues and clubs have the necessary safety measures in place or not, none of them outside of the professional game are currently allowed to take part in organised games in Scotland with players over the age of 18.

That's where the special dispensation comes in.

GreenCastle
11-08-2020, 08:18 AM
I said before that the league needs to have clear information if this type of situation was to happen - similar applies to Aberdeen incident.

Seems they don’t and are making it up as they go along. Obviously the government over rules the league but that should stop the league having protocol.

Also as mentioned before..what about the WAGS who meet up together or meet others then come back to their partner.

Players aren’t in complete bubbles here but acting professional and following the basic guidelines should be the minimum expected.

2 incidents in 2 weeks - and these are just the incidents that players were caught out - probably happened more often and if you follow players on social media it’s obvious some have pushed the boundaries.

Also Rangers will be doing anything to get at Celtic to put them off getting 10 in a row. They will be trying to create as much unrest as possible. Expect a Rangers story probably in next couple weeks to try get one back here.

CentreLine
11-08-2020, 08:29 AM

When you caught COVID-19 it was likely down to some “doughnuts being daft”. It is way too dangerous a situation to be so dismissive in my opinion. Nobody wants to see football suspended but I feel it is inevitable that will happen. The lives of the wider community are far more important than “doughnuts”.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 08:35 AM
When you caught COVID-19 it was likely down to some “doughnuts being daft”. It is way too dangerous a situation to be so dismissive in my opinion. Nobody wants to see football suspended but I feel it is inevitable that will happen. The lives of the wider community are far more important than “doughnuts”.

Why would suspending football protect the lives of the wider community? Much safer than many (most industries). Certainly from what I’ve witnessed in construction and hospitality, for example.

Paisley Hibby
11-08-2020, 08:43 AM

player who should have gone into 14 days quarantine on return from Spain - instead, in close contact with Celtic squad AND some of the Killie squad. That's more serious than Aberdeen fiasco.

CentreLine
11-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Why would suspending football protect the lives of the wider community? Much safer than many (most industries). Certainly from what I’ve witnessed in construction and hospitality, for example.

For the same reasons that the game had to work so hard to be allowed to go ahead in the first place. If you read through this thread you will find all the answers you are looking for. Or even just my posts on this thread will cover my views

greenpaper55
11-08-2020, 08:48 AM
If the SG shut down football because of this it will be a total overreaction, fair enough to halt Celtic and Aberdeen games but they have no right to punish the others just because they are on a power trip !

hibbyfraelibby
11-08-2020, 08:51 AM
SPFL will fo nothing. They had the chance to give powers to board but didn't. That means the governing body, the SFA, must now step up to the mark and refer these case to the Compliance Officer under their judicial protocols which do allow them to act.

Iain G
11-08-2020, 08:53 AM
If the SG shut down football because of this it will be a total overreaction, fair enough to halt Celtic and Aberdeen games but they have no right to punish the others just because they are on a power trip !

A power trip? Who is on a power trip? This is about protecting the community from a pandemic.

As a business Scottish football is on a short leash and needs to keep its house in order otherwise it will be shut down for being unsafe and showing it is unable to manage its employees. Same will happen if pubs or shops or other industries cant behave and work within the rules of them re-opening.

Players need to behave like decent human beings in the first place and follow what are very simple rules right now, and also realise they are in the public eye and their poor choice of behaviours could harm others and the ongoing return of football.

Ozyhibby
11-08-2020, 08:54 AM

Why is kids football still suspended?

where'stheslope
11-08-2020, 08:55 AM
What's the alternative, let it go again and again till someone dies, then blame the Scottish Government for not doing the right thing????
Its all ifs and buts, remember it was Neil Lennon who at the weekend was on tv telling everyone that they have to abide by the rules???
Someone has to put a stop to stupidity and if it means football bares the brunt of it, its our own fault!!!

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 08:59 AM
For the same reasons that the game had to work so hard to be allowed to go ahead in the first place. If you read through this thread you will find all the answers you are looking for. Or even just my posts on this thread will cover my views

Disagree. I’ve not read anything here that tells me why football is any more dangerous than any other industry, with all the mitigation they have in place.

On the rare occasion that a football player, or anyone else at a football club, contracts the vIris it’ll likely be picked up and they can take steps to stop spreading it. That doesn’t apply elsewhere where people aren’t being tested to allow them to work.

We’ve not seen any mass outbreaks from football clubs but we have from pubs, offices, factories, supermarkets and more.

HendoDelivered
11-08-2020, 09:00 AM
Deduct them points

flash

I think a lot of people would like the answer to that question.

B.H.F.C

Presumably because they can’t put the same mitigation’s in place that professional teams can? They can’t afford to test all the participants twice a week and so on.

Don’t think you can compare kids football and the professional game.

mal
11-08-2020, 09:01 AM
I can't really see any alternative for Celtic but to sack Bolingoli. I still can't quite get my head around how monumentally stupid and irresponsible he was.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2020, 09:02 AM
Some people are desperate for it to be stopped.

Why would anyone be desperate for that? It's a matter of public health and safety. If players can't be trusted to abide by the measures put in place, there is no alternative. It's an absolute mess.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2020, 09:05 AM
Deduct them points

Not the club's fault a player left the country without telling anybody. What could they have done about it? He's an arrogant clown.

Chorley Hibee
11-08-2020, 09:06 AM
I asked this after the Aberdeen incident but may have missed a response.

Why are the whole Aberdeen/Celtic squad not being asked to isolate when the players involved have surely been in contact with all of the players within the team?

All 8 of the Aberdeen players trained with the whole Aberdeen squad last week, and Bolingoli has been with not only the Celtic squad, but a large proportion of the Kilmarnock squad too.

Waxy
11-08-2020, 09:07 AM
What about everyone else in Aberdeen who caught covid from the pub? Have their workplaces been told to shutdown?

greenpaper55
11-08-2020, 09:11 AM
A power trip? Who is on a power trip? This is about protecting the community from a pandemic.

As a business Scottish football is on a short leash and needs to keep its house in order otherwise it will be shut down for being unsafe and showing it is unable to manage its employees. Same will happen if pubs or shops or other industries cant behave and work within the rules of them re-opening.

Players need to behave like decent human beings in the first place and follow what are very simple rules right now, and also realise they are in the public eye and their poor choice of behaviours could harm others and the ongoing return of football.

I was on an Edinburgh bus last week and nearly every teenager never had a mask on so all buses in Edinburgh should be shut down by your rules ?

ballengeich
11-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Apply the existing rules.
So, Boli now quarantines for 14 days and everyone he has been in contact with self isolates for 20 days.
Celtic made to play with what they have left.

Might have an impact.

I would add that as Boli should have been in quarantine on Sunday Celtic fielded an ineligible player so should have points deducted.

Since90+2
11-08-2020, 09:19 AM
I don't think you can blame Celtic for this to be honest. There is absolutely no danger that they had any idea the guy was in Spain , one thing the Celtic hierarchy aren't is daft and they know the potential damage this could cause.

Bollongoli should and probably will be sacked though.

lord bunberry
11-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Chris Sutton making an arse of himself, I doubt he’d be saying the same if it was a hun that went to Spain.
https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/status/1293109143037972480?s=21

The 90+2
11-08-2020, 09:22 AM
I don't actually think that would be hard to do. The SPFL could propose an emergency motion that if any player or coaching staff member at a club is caught breaching league or government rules then the club would be deducted 3 points or whatever. Who's going to vote against that and risk getting the whole game shut down?

Fair point 👍

tamig
Presumably because they can’t put the same mitigation’s in place that professional teams can? They can’t afford to test all the participants twice a week and so on.

Don’t think you can compare kids football and the professional game.
But kids return to school tomorrow. They won’t be tested. Is there a difference?

The 90+2
I don't think you can blame Celtic for this to be honest. There is absolutely no danger that they had any idea the guy was in Spain , one thing the Celtic hierarchy aren't is daft and they know the potential damage this could cause.

Bollongoli should and probably will be sacked though.

You can blame celtic if they don’t severely fine or sack the player.

Waxy
11-08-2020, 09:23 AM
Football has been given special dispensation to continue as long as they follow certain guidelines, from what has been said by managers, training and playing aside, they act as if in lockdown.

Tighter restrictions have been put in place in Aberdeen so the answer to your question may well be yes, certain businesses have been told to shut down and it may well be employees of theirs may have caught covid at the pub.If the pubs were open in Aberdeen, i just dont see what the Aberdeen players have done wrong.They would have had to follow pub distancing guidelines.
As for Bolingoli, he should be fined and suspended for an amount of games.

Andy74
11-08-2020, 09:23 AM

Why are the whole Aberdeen/Celtic squad not being asked to isolate when the players involved have surely been in contact with all of the players within the team?

All 8 of the Aberdeen players trained with the whole Aberdeen squad last week, and Bolingoli has been with not only the Celtic squad, but a large proportion of the Kilmarnock squad too.

They are all being tested twice a week.

The 90+2
11-08-2020, 09:24 AM

I think it’s because they are being routinely tested and they’ve came back negative.

Greenbeard
11-08-2020, 09:25 AM
Celtic can be held responsible for the actions of their employees. Vicarious liability.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 09:26 AM
Chris Sutton making an arse of himself, I doubt he’d be saying the same if it was a hun that went to Spain.
https://twitter.com/chris_sutton73/status/1293109143037972480?s=21

Certain element of truth in what he says IMO.

I think there needs to be a bit perspective. Football has been back for six or seven weeks. Clubs must have carried out thousands of tests and I think there has been 5 or 6 positives. So either the vast majority have been complying with what they need to do or they’ve just all been very lucky.

The players who step out of line should be hammered but some of the talk about the risk professional football poses to public health is OTT for me.

Since452
11-08-2020, 09:26 AM
How did they manage to adhere to the rules in England, Germany etc but not even three games in in Scotland we've more than likely ****ed it with two breaches already. I don't think we'll even get to "three strikes". So frustrating.

mal
11-08-2020, 09:28 AM
If the pubs were open in Aberdeen, i just dont see what the Aberdeen players have done wrong.They would have had to follow pub distancing guidelines.
As for Bolingoli, he should be fined and suspended for an amount of games.

As has already been mentioned a number of times above the players breached the rules about mixing households. They also appear to have failed to follow distancing guidelines.

macca70
11-08-2020, 09:29 AM

Because it isn’t a requirement to self isolate or quarantine because you have been in contact with someone that has returned from Spain, it is only a requirement to self isolate if you have been in contact with someone that has tested positive. Boli hasn’t tested positive, he just didn’t follow quarantine rules when he returned and massively breached protocol all players/clubs should be adhering too.

Aberdeen players did test positive so I would have thought it is a requirement for anyone in contact with the positive players to self isolate hence their game being postponed at weekend.

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 09:30 AM
How did they manage to adhere to the rules in England, Germany etc but not even three games in in Scotland we've more than likely ****ed it with two breaches already. I don't think we'll even get to "three strikes". So frustrating.

Not all of them did. Jack Grealish, Kyle Walker, Mason Mount and Declan Rice all spring to mind.

BlackSheep
11-08-2020, 09:31 AM
I would add that as Boli should have been in quarantine on Sunday Celtic fielded an ineligible player so should have points deducted.

While this is true to an extent, in this situation Celtic were unaware so i don't think a points deduction would be fair.

Bolingoli should be sacked, bare minimum...

we are hibs
11-08-2020, 09:32 AM
Not all of them did. Jack Grealish, Kyle Walker, Mason Mount and Declan Rice all spring to mind.

Exactly. And you didnt hear people constantly roaring and greeting that football should be stopped down south every 5 minutes.

Bristolhibby
11-08-2020, 09:34 AM
player who should have gone into 14 days quarantine on return from Spain - instead, in close contact with Celtic squad AND some of the Killie squad. That's more serious than Aberdeen fiasco.

No different from Dominic Cummings. If you piled in on him (rightly so) we should all be equally outraged at this clown.

The SPFL have had since late March to work on back to football governance, what have they been doing in lockdown?!?

There should be very clear, agreed protocol for breaches. Including points dropped and isolation procedures.

Infraction x = punishment y. Is that too much to ask?

Also hearing that Sparky had a house party for his missus? Wonder how many people were at his house for that one?

J

macca70
Exactly. And you didnt hear people constantly roaring and greeting that football should be stopped down south every 5 minutes.

You referring to Grealish trip to Ibiza? That was after the end of season and I’m assuming they have gone into quarantine on return. Or another Grealish incident?

EDIT: just looked and saw Grealish was hammered for his incident and received a hefty fine for breaching self isolation rules

B.H.F.C
But kids return to school tomorrow. They won’t be tested. Is there a difference?

Yes, there is. Education is essential. The risk is believed to be minimal. Not minimal enough to do something which isn’t essential, obviously.

Bristolhibby
11-08-2020, 09:37 AM
Certain element of truth in what he says IMO.

I think there needs to be a bit perspective. Football has been back for six or seven weeks. Clubs must have carried out thousands of tests and I think there has been 5 or 6 positives. So either the vast majority have been complying with what they need to do or they’ve just all been very lucky.

The players who step out of line should be hammered but some of the talk about the risk professional football poses to public health is OTT for me.

There’s a perception thing here. Football is getting certain privileges and passes regarding distancing rules. Those privileges come with responsibility. They are in the public eye and to keep the wider public sticking to the rules those with privilege need to be whiter than white.

It’s why the Cummings Incident at Bernard Castle was such a debacle. The Public that night relaxed. If Cummings can do this, so can I.

Not the message to get across in the middle of a Pandemic.

J

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 09:43 AM
I'd fine the guy for having a stupid name.

hibbyfraelibby
11-08-2020, 09:50 AM
You have to ask what the Border Force has been doing here.

We have a foreign national travelling on a Belgian passport, from a Spanish airport in to the UK.

Both Belgium and Spain are on the restrictions list. Not just one red flag but two. Home Office have questions to answer if the post arrival quarantine checks have not been carried out and rules enforced in such a blatant high risk arrival. Sack Pritti Patel.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2020, 09:55 AM

We have a foreign national travelling on a Belgian passport, from a Spanish airport in to the UK.

Both Belgium and Spain are on the restrictions list. Not just one red flag but two. Home Office have questions to answer if the post arrival quarantine checks have not been carried out and rules enforced in such a blatant high risk arrival. Sack Pritti Patel.

It's Public Health Scotland officials who are responsible for carrying out the quarantine checks on people arriving into Scotland from a country of concern.

Bristolhibby
11-08-2020, 09:56 AM

I’m pretty sure you know there’s no enforcement. This is all done by consent. You are right, this stops with the Hime Sectary. Forget getting the RAF flying over the Channel to catch a few brown people wanting to come here to work. How about the chronic lack of investment in our border force?

J

ancient hibee
11-08-2020, 10:06 AM
If he flew into Scotland then it’s a SG matter not the Home Office.I expect he will get a visit from PC McPlod and be “given advice”.SFA missed a trick by having nothing to say after the Aberdeen shambles.SPFL should have gone back to the clubs after their proposals re the new season were rejected,they have the opportunity now to do something on the basis that individual clubs can’t be trusted to control their employees.I hate to mention the old days but Jock Stein would have known if a player had gone out to buy a paper never mind going to Spain and Ferguson would have known about players going out before they’d decided to go.Why are so many footballers so thick compared to other top athletes?

Ozyhibby
11-08-2020, 10:08 AM
It's Public Health Scotland officials who are responsible for carrying out the quarantine checks on people arriving into Scotland from a country of concern.

And that could be how he was caught?

Ozyhibby
11-08-2020, 10:11 AM
So you can’t go to an outdoor stadium to watch football but you can go to an indoor cinema to watch football? Worlds going mental.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/watch-these-uefa-champions-league-and-europa-league-football-games-live-big-screen-edinburgh-week-2938283

greenginger
11-08-2020, 10:11 AM
I’m pretty sure you know there’s no enforcement. This is all done by consent. You are right, this stops with the Hime Sectary. Forget getting the RAF flying over the Channel to catch a few brown people wanting to come here to work. How about the chronic lack of investment in our border force?

J

” people coming here wanting to work “. I think it was just announced we had another 750,000 added to the unemployment total.

Chorley Hibee
11-08-2020, 10:12 AM
Because it isn’t a requirement to self isolate or quarantine because you have been in contact with someone that has returned from Spain, it is only a requirement to self isolate if you have been in contact with someone that has tested positive. Boli hasn’t tested positive, he just didn’t follow quarantine rules when he returned and massively breached protocol all players/clubs should be adhering too.

Aberdeen players did test positive so I would have thought it is a requirement for anyone in contact with the positive players to self isolate hence their game being postponed at weekend.

What if the players involved (Aberdeen/Bolingoli) are asymptomatic?

Isn't the incubation period upto 14 days too, so there is a potential that he could still test positive?

Sir David Gray
And that could be how he was caught?

It may well have been, I wasn't trying to imply that they haven't done their job. I was just responding to someone who was calling for the UK Home Secretary to be sacked because of it.

Iain G
I was on an Edinburgh bus last week and nearly every teenager never had a mask on so all buses in Edinburgh should be shut down by your rules ?

No the rules should be inforced, no mask no bus ride! But if its like it is in London people are being allowed to do what they please.

Second wave is a coming our way due to selfishness and stupidity. Not sure why people, including these idiot footballers, are finding some basic rules of this so hard to follow?

Sammy7nil
Why doesn’t he just say he was checking his eyesight? That’s allowed, isn’t it?

I think the politicians need to be careful not to treat football differently from other businesses when it comes to clamping down on individual employees breaking rules, but at the same time, footballers need to realise quickly that they are putting everything at risk by not competing some pretty basic rules.

Yeah perhaps he was piloting the plane to test his eye sight and alcohol consumption solely to test his taste buds.

Chorley Hibee
11-08-2020, 10:14 AM
So you can’t go to an outdoor stadium to watch football but you can go to an indoor cinema to watch football? Worlds going mental.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/people/watch-these-uefa-champions-league-and-europa-league-football-games-live-big-screen-edinburgh-week-2938283

That makes no sense whatsoever. Whole thing is becoming a farce now as more and more contradictions are appearing by the day.

KingPat4
11-08-2020, 10:14 AM
Points deduction for Aberdeen should have been immediate. Now Celtic, the same.

Should have been nipped in the bud right at the start.

KingPat4
11-08-2020, 10:15 AM
I'd fine the guy for having a stupid name.

Unbelievable.....,

Sammy7nil
11-08-2020, 10:16 AM
You're not getting it. They broke rules on number of households allowed to congregate. It doesn't matter if they were in a pub with 200 others or standing in the middle of a field miles away from anybody. 8 different households are not allowed to meet up.

But they are allowed to shower together ? :aok:

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Unbelievable.....,

Aw come on... Boli Bolingoli?

That's like being called Pat Patterson or Tam Tamson.

Surely his parents could have given him a more sensible first name.

Iain G
11-08-2020, 10:20 AM
Aw come on... Boli Bolingoli?

That's like being called Pat Patterson or Tam Tamson.

Surely his parents could have given him a more sensible first name.

or Duncan Duncanson? :greengrin

Gloucester Hibs
11-08-2020, 10:20 AM
No different from Dominic Cummings. If you piled in on him (rightly so) we should all be equally outraged at this clown.

The SPFL have had since late March to work on back to football governance, what have they been doing in lockdown?!?

There should be very clear, agreed protocol for breaches. Including points dropped and isolation procedures.

Also hearing that Sparky had a house party for his missus? Wonder how many people were at his house for that one?

J

Spot on. The pandemic caught us all on the hop back in March, now there's no excuse.

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 10:21 AM
or Duncan Duncanson? :greengrin

Even worse!!

Alex Trager
11-08-2020, 10:25 AM
Apparently tonight is not going ahead, as the scottish game gets suspended.

I really hope not

The_Exile
11-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Just cancel the whole thing and give the title to whoever is top at the moment........

Sammy7nil
11-08-2020, 10:27 AM

I really hope not

Source ?

04Sauzee
11-08-2020, 10:28 AM

I really hope not

If that is correct then Celtic in Europe must be a doubt??

Ozyhibby
11-08-2020, 10:28 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/e407d3747e1ed05bb14fe89851d9ba7e.png

Why we have to quarantine for 14 days. Negative test on day three but positive by day 12.

Alex Trager
11-08-2020, 10:29 AM
Source ?

Twitter [emoji849]

As i say I am counting on it being ***** tbh

Alex Trager
11-08-2020, 10:30 AM
If that is correct then Celtic in Europe must be a doubt??

A mate is suggesting it will be postponed until the day before they play in europe next week.

As I say I have no clue if it’s true and I really hope it is not

Keith_M
11-08-2020, 10:33 AM

I really hope not

The Evening News article (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scottish-premiership-could-be-paused-hibs-top-league-after-celtic-star-breaks-quarantine-protocols-reports-2938417)says they're considering it. Nothing definite yet.

mal
11-08-2020, 10:34 AM
Twitter [emoji849]

I'm sure this has been said many times before but "Twitter" isn't a source. BBC News on Twitter would be a source. Some Random on Twitter is not a source.

Andy74
11-08-2020, 10:35 AM
The Evening News article (https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scottish-premiership-could-be-paused-hibs-top-league-after-celtic-star-breaks-quarantine-protocols-reports-2938417)says they're considering it. Nothing definite yet.

That quote was also just from the twitter of a minister I think. When it was quoted last night I assumed it had actually come from a government statement, but it hasn’t.

Chorley Hibee
11-08-2020, 10:36 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/e407d3747e1ed05bb14fe89851d9ba7e.png

Why we have to quarantine for 14 days. Negative test on day three but positive by day 12.

Doesn't this back up my point that both Aberdeen and Celtic's squad should all be isolating now?

B.H.F.C
11-08-2020, 10:42 AM
Doesn't this back up my point that both Aberdeen and Celtic's squad should all be isolating now?

Whether anyone agrees with it or not, football has agreement in place that players don’t need to do that. That’s what’s happened in all countries when a player or staff member have tested positive. Presumably because of the other things football clubs have in place.

Golden Bear
11-08-2020, 10:52 AM
Its a farcical situation if the actions of a few idiotic players has jepordised the future of the entire season.

Let's face it, the whole of society wasn't shut down as a consequence of those who participated in the supposed illegal protest marches.

Gatecrasher
11-08-2020, 11:05 AM
The more I think about it the more I think it would be a farce to stop the season. No other section of society is being put under this kind of scrutiny or regulation and it would be unfair to the rest of the league to be stopped.

I do however think the players and their clubs who have been proven to have broken rules should be made an example of and future deterrents put in place to stop this in future.

GreenCastle
11-08-2020, 11:09 AM

J

Yup.

Should be a published document so fans and clubs are aware of consequences. Would stop all this debate.

Could you imagine if they stop the season..they would need to pay back missed Sky matches.

I think Aberdeen situation was the 1st major wake up call - especially since 8 players involved and the city went back into lockdown.

This latest issue is a players own stupidity- it’s not right but they won’t stop the season because of this.

A 3rd incident though If involving a group and they may well suspend it as not worth the hassle and risk.

But there would be also a massive back lash as the fixtures pile up and affects Europe and Scotland Euro qualifying games etc. They won’t want that mess.

Ozyhibby
11-08-2020, 11:11 AM
The more I think about it the more I think it would be a farce to stop the season. No other section of society is being put under this kind of scrutiny or regulation and it would be unfair to the rest of the league to be stopped.

I do however think the players and their clubs who have been proven to have broken rules should be made an example of and future deterrents put in place to stop this in future.

Youth football still not allowed to play at all. There a section of society who have it worse.

JimBHibees
11-08-2020, 11:12 AM

They simply have to screw the nut and act within the guidance all others do or do they have stricter guidance?? Are they able to go to pubs at all?

Kaff
11-08-2020, 11:15 AM
[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;6263454]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200811/e407d3747e1ed05bb14fe89851d9ba7e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

The potential failure in quarantine at a central quarantine location (I'm reading between the lines that this is a quarantine 'centre') is the person going in with no infection but actually being passed it when in this facility. I think there were cases in Australia of this. Its not proof of incubated infection for me without more details.

]

Gatecrasher
11-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Youth football still not allowed to play at all. There a section of society who have it worse.

Yep I don’t disagree but football has managed to work an agreement with regular testing and guidelines and the majority are working to that. It would be a shame to allow a few idiots to ruin the whole league.

They simply have to screw the nut and act within the guidance all others do or do they have stricter guidance?? Are they able to go to pubs at all?
They have regular testing in place and have agreed to certain conditions around travel and changing rooms etc.

Other than possibly the health sector does anyone else get tested as much as the footballers?

The dalmeny
11-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Twitter [emoji849]

the source isn’t Twitter, it’s the person who posts it on twitter

Alex Trager
11-08-2020, 11:25 AM
the source isn’t Twitter, it’s the person who posts it on twitter

Twitter themselves tweeted it...

Golden Bear
11-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Plus the fact that if our illustrious leader decided to freeze or cancel the football season in order to prove the consequences of breaching guidelines/legislation to others, then there's absolutely no guarantee that exactly the same thing will not happen again on resumption.

Boys will be boys and idiots will always be idiots.

Bishop Hibee
11-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Farce if the season is halted. Aberdeen should have forfeited the games 3-0 rather than having them postponed. Same with Celtc.

Golden Bear
11-08-2020, 11:27 AM
Farce if the season is halted. Aberdeen should have forfeited the games 3-0 rather than having them postponed. Same with Celtc.

Waxy
11-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Cant punish clubs here whos players have stuck to the rules.
If this was going to be the case we’d might as well not started the league.

Lago
11-08-2020, 11:33 AM
The guys an absolute idiot & unfortunately for Scottish football it's happened at a perfect time for the Scottish government to take the spotlight away from the current exam stushie.

Sir David Gray
11-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Sturgeon says that there will be more announced this afternoon, doesn't sound like the season will be ended but Aberdeen and Celtic won't play for the next week.

One more incident and it's off.

we are hibs
11-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Sheep and celtic games off

PH91
11-08-2020, 11:36 AM

Hypothetically, what happens if they do that then it emerges that a Hibs player broke he rules last week? Overturn saturdays win and award livi a 3-0 win?

Skol
I would be surprised if the season is paused after this incident although I would have thought Celtic and Killie may need to have had clear tests for an appropriate length of time before they can train/play. Its hard to see how they can be allowed to mix with the risk that someone has the virus and can pass it on.

What should happen is a clear and unambiguous document that states clearly whats not allowed and the consequences. The warning being clear thatr any future breaches will have consequences

Iain G
Sturgeon says that there will be more announced this afternoon, doesn't sound like the season will be ended but Aberdeen and Celtic won't play for the next week.

One more incident and it's off.

Yellow card, final warning to Scottish football....

PH91
11-08-2020, 11:37 AM
I would be surprised if the season is paused after this incident although I would have thought Celtic and Killie may need to have had clear tests for an appropriate length of time before they can train/play. Its hard to see how they can be allowed to mix with the risk that someone has the virus and can pass it on.

What should happen is a clear and unambiguous document that states clearly whats not allowed and the consequences. The warning being clear thatr any future breaches will have consequences

Totally agree

Andy74
11-08-2020, 11:39 AM
So Aberdeen will have at least 3 games to fit in in future.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2020, 11:39 AM

That would cause a legal minefield, as the clubs aren't responsible for what the players do in their own time. Nobody fined for breaching lockdown have also had their employer punished; it isn't the employers' fault. If clubs had given the okay to such behaviour, that's another matter. Perhaps it was a mistake to re-start at this time.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2020, 11:40 AM

Aye, and what happens if this continues, and they end up with a dozen games in hand? It's a mess.

Diclonius
11-08-2020, 11:40 AM

Tough.

we are hibs
11-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Aye, and what happens if this continues, and they end up with a dozen games in hand? It's a mess.

Then they will need to play every day for a week if needs be. Its their problem. They need to Deal with it.

Andy74
11-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Tough.

Indeed.