PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: HIBEES LEARN BETFRED CUP FATE

RSS Bot
10-08-2020, 05:00 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10700)

DIXIHIBS
10-08-2020, 05:36 PM
Thats some set of games. All other sections seem to be fairly 'local'. We are sent all over the place. Huge amount of travelling for the team.

tamig
10-08-2020, 05:39 PM
Thats some set of games. All other sections seem to be fairly 'local'. We are sent all over the place. Huge amount of travelling for the team.

Thats because there are too many teams in the “south” so we’ve been lumped in with the north teams.

Steven79
10-08-2020, 06:21 PM
Thats because there are too many teams in the “south” so we’ve been lumped in with the north teams.

I think it would make more sense to split them into 3 lots.

North
Central
South

Having the likes of Edinburgh City in the south while the likes of Stirling in the North just makes no sense.

tamig
10-08-2020, 06:30 PM

North
Central
South

Having the likes of Edinburgh City in the south while the likes of Stirling in the North just makes no sense.

Are hertz in the south too?

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Are hertz in the south too?

They're in the north.

RoYO!
10-08-2020, 06:58 PM
Am I missing something? Why are we playing this as a group? Hibs and top league teams should have joined at a later stage.

Games we could have really done without.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Am I missing something? Why are we playing this as a group? Hibs and top league teams should have joined at a later stage.

Games we could have really done without.

That's been the format for about 6 years now. Only the sides in Europe get a bye into the knockout stage.

Sir David Gray
10-08-2020, 07:23 PM

That is essentially the problem. If you look at the actual map of Scotland the north teams would have been;

Inverness
Brora Rangers
Cove Rangers
Forfar (borderline)
Brechin (borderline)
Peterhead
Elgin
Montrose (borderline)
Ross County

So that's just 9 teams out of 20 that are in the true north of the country.

With the way the draw's done, you need 20 teams in each section and you also need a certain amount of these sides to be seeded.

Out of the 8 top seeds across both sections, only 1 (Ross County) is in the true north of Scotland. That leaves 7 teams left for 3 spaces in the north section. We are the 3rd most northerly top seed in the competition hence why we're in the north section and not the south.

davhibby
10-08-2020, 07:26 PM

North
Central
South

Teams that are in it every year are getting the same teams every year as it is, nevermind if you started splitting it into smaller geographical areas

RoYO!
10-08-2020, 08:41 PM
That's been the format for about 6 years now. Only the sides in Europe get a bye into the knockout stage.

No I get that, I just dont know why we are persevering with it. I'd have thought a bit of a re-jig would have been a good shout this year. Lots of unnecessary travel and contacts imo.

hibbysam
10-08-2020, 10:02 PM
No I get that, I just dont know why we are persevering with it. I'd have thought a bit of a re-jig would have been a good shout this year. Lots of unnecessary travel and contacts imo.

A decent sized tv and sponsorship deal is one of the main reasons I’d imagine.