PDA

View Full Version : Is Tuesday's game on TV anywhere apart from Sky?

Cat Stanton
09-08-2020, 10:30 AM
Is there a way of watching the Utd game without (a) giving any money to Sky (I refuse) or (b) watching on some dodgy stream with links to viruses (I've had problems in the past with that).

E.g. Are Utd showing it? Is there a PPV available through them?

All/any helpful suggestions/links much appreciated.

Ta.

BoomtownHibees
09-08-2020, 10:31 AM
Is there a way of watching the Utd game without (a) giving any money to Sky (I refuse) or (b) watching on some dodgy stream with links to viruses (I've had problems in the past with that).

Ta.

Just Sky. Utd will only be showing it to their own season ticket holders

Sir David Gray
09-08-2020, 10:35 AM

Ta.

PPV's not allowed if the game's on Sky.

If you know a Dundee Utd season ticket holder then you could watch it with them, otherwise it's Sky only.

GordonHFC
09-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Any pub outside of Aberdeen?

Cat Stanton
09-08-2020, 11:48 AM
OK, that's helpful - many thanks, all.

jgl07
09-08-2020, 11:48 PM

Ta.
Do you seriously think that Sky would pay vast sums to the SPFL for exclusive coverage and allow anyone else to screen it?

Either overcome your aversion to paying money to Sky or your worries about catching something nasty from an illegal stream or suck it and listen on the radio.

You could of course watch it at a pub? Would than contravene any moral issues?

G15 Hibs
10-08-2020, 08:02 AM
Do you seriously think that Sky would pay vast sums to the SPFL for exclusive coverage and allow anyone else to screen it?

Either overcome your aversion to paying money to Sky or your worries about catching something nasty from an illegal stream or suck it and listen on the radio.

That's a strangely aggressive response. The original poster was just asking a question and has since thanked people for their replies.

Bobby's Cinema
10-08-2020, 08:40 AM

unnecessary, what's that all about? The OP has only asked for advice on how to watch his team.

Hibee Mac
10-08-2020, 09:05 AM
[emoji23] where's the chill pill dispenser when you need it?

JohnMcM
10-08-2020, 09:17 AM

You are Stephen van Rooyen CEO of Sky UK Ltd and I claim my £10 reward.

jonny
10-08-2020, 10:02 AM

Ta.

International Hibs TV subscribers will get video footage of the game. I realise that if you're in the UK then that's completely useless though.

Cat Stanton
10-08-2020, 10:28 AM

Are you ok? Is there someone near you that you can talk to? You seem a bit stressed.

It was a genuine question. If you know the history of the Murdochs and Sky, you'd know why a lot of people aren't fans. And I explained that I had had problems before with online streaming and asked for advice. I got some helpful advice, and I thanked folks for it. I'm really not sure why you felt the need to be so aggressive about it.

Maybe there is a self-help meditation programme on Sky you could watch to help you?

MWHIBBIES
10-08-2020, 10:52 AM

Been a long time since illegal streams were nasty. Top quality for free :greengrin

Tambo
10-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Shop around online for a sky sports month's pass, I'm sure I've seen them for £25 on some websites and you'll get to see all four of Hibs next matches.

JohnMcM
10-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Shop around online for a sky sports month's pass, I'm sure I've seen them for £25 on some websites and you'll get to see all four of Hibs next matches.

I think you need to be careful though. I'm sure the £25 pass automatically renews at around £40 per month unless you cancel it.

Tambo
10-08-2020, 03:14 PM
I think you need to be careful though. I'm sure the £25 pass automatically renews at around £40 per month unless you cancel it.

Yes sorry forgot to mention that it is auto renewal but you can cancel it the day you apply the pass and you still get your month's worth.

BS44
10-08-2020, 04:49 PM
Yes sorry forgot to mention that it is auto renewal but you can cancel it the day you apply the pass and you still get your month's worth.

Is this a nowtv 25 quid pass? And, is it a stream that can be watched on laptop or smart tv

Hibernia&Alba
10-08-2020, 05:05 PM

That's a bit harsh, mate. It was just a question.

RoYO!
10-08-2020, 05:12 PM
With the next 4 games on sky then a month for 25 quid seems good to me.

Fair dos for the sky blackout though!

Pub, orrr a utd fan m8 that has both sky and a ST and is fine for you to use his ST details?! :)

Juniper Greens
10-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Is this a nowtv 25 quid pass? And, is it a stream that can be watched on laptop or smart tv
Think you can watch on 2 devices at once, so could even go halfers with someone

Tambo
10-08-2020, 05:31 PM

I have seen it advertised on some websites at £25 but the official price is £33 if you buy it from now tv website and I watch mine on the ps4 so I'm sure there is now tv on most smart TVs.

Jack Hackett
10-08-2020, 05:50 PM
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/now-tv-sky-sports-pass-1-week-10078580-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=4d7eb93e-055f-499d-8ee5-1cdcc50d67d1&istItemId=mtxtrlwm&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0042+(PLA)+VISION+CONTENT~0042+(PLA)+ VISION+CONTENT+ad+group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700051674822660&tgtid=0042+(PLA)+VISION+CONTENT&=--present--&gclid=CjwKCAjw4MP5BRBtEiwASfwAL3ZOh28UoytCqUerGWII axu71mnbJsIaEEzx3RZMwJdpNdHzPxtpkRoC_f4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

£10 for a week

Irish_Steve
10-08-2020, 10:28 PM
Are you ok? Is there someone near you that you can talk to? You seem a bit stressed.

It was a genuine question. If you know the history of the Murdochs and Sky, you'd know why a lot of people aren't fans. And I explained that I had had problems before with online streaming and asked for advice. I got some helpful advice, and I thanked folks for it. I'm really not sure why you felt the need to be so aggressive about it.

Maybe there is a self-help meditation programme on Sky you could watch to help you?

You could always ask jgl07 if he would mind giving you his login for Sky Go so he could help out a fellow Hibby

10-08-2020, 11:37 PM
https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/digital-and-smart-tv/set-top-boxes/now-tv-sky-sports-pass-1-week-10078580-pdt.html?istCompanyId=bec25c7e-cbcd-460d-81d5-a25372d2e3d7&istFeedId=4d7eb93e-055f-499d-8ee5-1cdcc50d67d1&istItemId=mtxtrlwm&istBid=tztx&srcid=198&cmpid=ppc~gg~0042+(PLA)+VISION+CONTENT~0042+(PLA)+ VISION+CONTENT+ad+group~Exact&mctag=gg_goog_7904&kwid=GOOGLE&device=c&ds_kids=92700051674822660&tgtid=0042+(PLA)+VISION+CONTENT&=--present--&gclid=CjwKCAjw4MP5BRBtEiwASfwAL3ZOh28UoytCqUerGWII axu71mnbJsIaEEzx3RZMwJdpNdHzPxtpkRoC_f4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

£10 for a week

This is still sky. Just use a stream and don’t click the ads for ***** enlargement devices.

Hibernia&Alba
11-08-2020, 09:36 AM
This is still sky. Just use a stream and don’t click the ads for ***** enlargement devices.

Aye, they don't work anyway.....so I hear:offski: