PDA

View Full Version : Horgan

Pretty Green
09-08-2020, 08:28 AM
Appreciation thread, top performance from the lad yesterday. He is quick, tricky and sometimes has the perfect end result. Well done sir!

Billy Whizz
09-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Appreciation thread, top performance from the lad yesterday. He is quick, tricky and sometimes has the perfect end result. Well done sir!

I agree. Thing I’ve been most critical of him was his final ball into box. Yesterday was completely different

Anyone know how bad his injury is?

Speedway
09-08-2020, 08:30 AM
Delighted for him, here’s hoping that this sours him on to fulfil his potential with us.

Booked4Being-Ugly
09-08-2020, 08:38 AM
Yesterday was a good example of what he can do but he needs to do it more consistently as before yesterday I’d have happily seen him punted.

He should really be tearing this league up as he has the potential.

This will be a big season for him but hope he kicks on.

hibbysam
09-08-2020, 08:40 AM
No idea when the last time I seen someone with two ridiculously good feet was. Seriously comfy on both left and right foot, must be a defenders nightmare, especially when he is so quick.

B.H.F.C
09-08-2020, 08:45 AM
Have always thought there is a player in then but we’ve only ever seen it now and again. If he can get some consistency he can be like a new signing because last season was a bit of a non event for him.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2020, 08:50 AM
No idea when the last time I seen someone with two ridiculously good feet was. Seriously comfy on both left and right foot, must be a defenders nightmare, especially when he is so quick.

Horgan has scored from outside the box with both feet for Hibs. Probably quite a rareity. Riordan definitely done it.

Santi Cazorla scored free kicks for Arsenal with both feet.

tamig
09-08-2020, 09:05 AM
Horgan has been good in the stuff I’ve seen of him all the way through pre-season and now taking that into the season proper. He was excellent yesterday and put in some great crosses that should have ended up adding to our tally. Hopefully he’ll be ok for Tuesday. Long may his positive form continue.

Pretty Boy
09-08-2020, 09:12 AM
Has he given up the fags? He was all over the place yesterday (in a good way) and looked full of running right up to the point he got injured.

Northernhibee
09-08-2020, 09:13 AM
I wonder if starting the season with no fans in the stand is allowing him to start the season in a more relaxed fashion. Perhaps one of the players who will really benefit from this.

Bostonhibby
09-08-2020, 09:15 AM
Player who can win us games,I've always rated his ability just needs consistency. Enjoyed his interviews as well. Sounds a really decent guy and helped Doig yesterday for sure.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
09-08-2020, 09:19 AM
I wonder if starting the season with no fans in the stand is allowing him to start the season in a more relaxed fashion. Perhaps one of the players who will really benefit from this.

Being in the last year of his contract might have more to do with it IMO.

B.H.F.C
09-08-2020, 09:21 AM
Has he given up the fags? He was all over the place yesterday (in a good way) and looked full of running right up to the point he got injured.

Lives just round the corner from me and during lockdown, particularly, he was out running all the time. Certainly looked like he was taking the fitness side of things serious and that seems to be reflected in his performance.

tamig
09-08-2020, 09:22 AM

There was a feature on Horgan from one of these stats/analysis sites. Might even have been posted on here. Apparently he is one of the fittest guys at the club and covers more distance at a higher intensity that any other player in the squad. Part of the reasoning for him “blowing out his erse” - as a few on here put it - after 60/70 mins.

HendoDelivered
09-08-2020, 09:29 AM
If he performed like that week in, week out, he probably wouldn’t be at Hibs. Top notch from him yesterday, hoping he can replicate that more often as there is defo a player in there, of that there is no question.

MWHIBBIES
09-08-2020, 09:40 AM
Being in the last year of his contract might have more to do with it IMO.

Or a new manager coming in has put a new fire in his stomach to push on? Doesn't always have to be something cynical like wanting a new deal.

B.H.F.C
09-08-2020, 09:54 AM
Or a new manager coming in has put a new fire in his stomach to push on? Doesn't always have to be something cynical like wanting a new deal.

I don’t think it’s cynical. It’s human nature when you realise that, as things stand, you’ll be unemployed in 8 or 9 months to maybe do that bit extra. The new manager isn’t really that new.

147lothian
09-08-2020, 10:13 AM
I remember when we signed Darl Horgan, I was thrilled because I saw his performances for Dundalk in the UEFA cup, he was outstanding, maybe folk that keep tabs on Irish football will be better able to say if he was that good in general for Dundalk or if was just in the UEFA cup?

The Modfather
09-08-2020, 10:27 AM
Didn’t see yesterday’s game, only the highlights. Credit where it’s due Horgan appears to have been very good yesterday. I’ve been critical of him and still think he’s been poor value for money, but more performances like yesterday, more frequently, and he’ll start to win me round.

Del Boy
09-08-2020, 10:31 AM

Is his injury a bad one?

Iain G
09-08-2020, 10:42 AM
I don’t think it’s cynical. It’s human nature when you realise that, as things stand, you’ll be unemployed in 8 or 9 months to maybe do that bit extra. The new manager isn’t really that new.

Yeah it's a pretty cynical view in that you suggest the reason he played well today is his contract runs out next summer and that is his only motivation. Can't be any of the other positive reasons already mentioned perhaps?

B.H.F.C
09-08-2020, 12:14 PM
Yeah it's a pretty cynical view in that you suggest the reason he played well today is his contract runs out next summer and that is his only motivation. Can't be any of the other positive reasons already mentioned perhaps?

Don’t think I said at any point it was the only reason that he played well. But do I think it gives added motivation? Definitely.

As for being positive, if you read the thread back you’ll see I commented positively about his fitness, how I think there is a player in there etc.

1 8 7 5
09-08-2020, 12:46 PM
Lives just round the corner from me and during lockdown, particularly, he was out running all the time. Certainly looked like he was taking the fitness side of things serious and that seems to be reflected in his performance.

Was just about to post the same thing. Im out in a new estate in Bonnyrigg and have seen daryl out jogging loads during the lockdown etc. (when I say jogging, i really mean running fast as **** :greengrin). I got the impression he was taking his fitness very seriously.

Well played yesterday. More please DH.

Bronson
09-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Said it for ages he’s one of our best players. You look at guys in the team who can make it happen and you’re talking horgan, allan and boyle. Thought it was madness that so many wanted shot of him before the season, glad he’s changing a few minds.

The Wireless
09-08-2020, 01:05 PM
No doubt yesterday the boy done good. Well played Daryl Horgan.:not worth

B.H.F.C
09-08-2020, 01:29 PM
Said it for ages he’s one of our best players. You look at guys in the team who can make it happen and you’re talking horgan, allan and boyle. Thought it was madness that so many wanted shot of him before the season, glad he’s changing a few minds.

He definitely has loads of ability. But he needs to do it consistently to be considered one of our best players.

We’ve seen performances like yesterday from him before but he needs to back it up now. Hope he was just taken off As a precaution yesterday and he can go and kick on now.

JohnMcM
09-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Is his injury a bad one?
I hope not. He showed the consistent form yesterday we've been waiting for. No wonder he usually looks knackered with 15 minutes or so to go. His final balls yesterday pretty much made the game for us.

CentreLine
09-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Any news on Horgan’s injury?

SChibs
10-08-2020, 02:28 PM
It used to be a nightmare starting Horgan because the manager knew he'd be blowing out his erse after 60 mins but now we have 5 subs it gives us a bit more flexibility

Diclonius
10-08-2020, 02:33 PM
I've admitted on here before that I'm not a fan and wouldn't have been too bothered if he'd left in the summer, but more performances like that and I'm quite happy to eat humble pie. Well done. :aok:

JohnM1875
10-08-2020, 02:39 PM
Did the pre-match interview today. So would assume he's good to play tomorrow.

https://youtu.be/ezsHMWOe_08

Since452
10-08-2020, 03:16 PM
With players like him consistency will come and go. Same with Boyle. Saturday was a top class performance. Hopefully he can produce that level more often because he's a match winner when he's playing like that.

SouthMoroccoStu
10-08-2020, 03:17 PM
And Happy Birthday today to Daryl Horgan

JimBHibees
10-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Any news on Horgan’s injury?

Seemed like he trained today and was interviewed about tomorrow's game so assume all fine which is good.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCXKLs14yjDc5s7GJ1txkWxw