PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Nisbet

AugustaHibs
08-08-2020, 08:32 PM
Superb performance.

Great first touch, great finishing and gets himself in the right positions

gazzag70
08-08-2020, 08:45 PM
A long way to go but he looks very promising indeed.He seems to be a real instinctive forward. Bring on the days when we can get in the ground to see him!

04Sauzee
08-08-2020, 08:51 PM
60 goals in his last 80 games

08-08-2020, 08:57 PM
The boys class. Showed glimpses last week with his movement but it paid off today after an outstanding performance from Horgan.

He has more goals in 90 minutes than Boyce got in 90 days for any of the bitter straw clutching JKB fuds who might be reading this thread.

Northernhibee
08-08-2020, 09:13 PM
60 goals in his last 80 games

That’s an incredible stat.

04Sauzee
08-08-2020, 09:16 PM
That’s an incredible stat.
Aye I should go double check 🤣

neil7908
08-08-2020, 09:27 PM
We have a player on ours hands. Him and Doidge are going to score 20+ each this season.

Northernhibee
08-08-2020, 09:31 PM
We have a player on ours hands. Him and Doidge are going to score 20+ each this season.

If that happens then we will finish third at worst.

I think Doidge will get 12-15 but will provide plenty assists, KevNiz will get 15-18.

Dmas
08-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Not even his goals or his movement there was a couple of times he was inches shy of providing great passes through on goal he’s got good Vision was really impressed with Nisbet today he showed a flash or two last week but was right on it today

Northernhibee
08-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Sportscene asking how far away he is from a Scotland call up already.

147lothian
08-08-2020, 09:43 PM
I now understand why the Pars fans were unhappy about losing their best player.

neil7908
08-08-2020, 09:45 PM
If that happens then we will finish third at worst.

I think Doidge will get 12-15 but will provide plenty assists, KevNiz will get 15-18.

I may be getting carried away! But between them I'd bet my flat they'll get 30+.

Baader
08-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Not even his goals or his movement there was a couple of times he was inches shy of providing great passes through on goal he’s got good Vision was really impressed with Nisbet today he showed a flash or two last week but was right on it today

Noticed that too. Good vision to try a ball over the top from out right that was just cut out. Very promising. Excited about our strikeforce this season.

BILLYHIBS
08-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Perfect fit for HIBS

Enjoy him while he is here

:not worth

EVENTUALLY
08-08-2020, 09:55 PM
Florian who?

Onceinawhile
08-08-2020, 11:27 PM

Really annoys me how negative some Hibs fans are.

They'll both be putting 30+ goals each.

Whataball
08-08-2020, 11:31 PM
Really annoys me how negative some Hibs fans are.

They'll both be putting 30+ go's each.

Brilliant. 3 goals at Livingston. Not been an easy place to go recently. Great start.

Hibs4185
09-08-2020, 12:02 AM
Too fat for the big team

PS love his twitter! Def hibee!

HendoDelivered
09-08-2020, 12:04 AM
“ Timmy tap in “ 😂😂

Big90inOz
09-08-2020, 04:10 AM
You could see his movement against Kilmarnock but he wasn’t being found. He pulls defenders around, drops deep at times dragging defenders with him. Watches the line well and times his run, has a knack of getting 1-2m on his opponent which has them looking for him and taking their eye off the play.
He is looking good but still has to prove it against the better defenders.

And that is how to take a penalty !!

Is It On....
09-08-2020, 06:15 AM

Maybe we will stop Celtic winning the league 🙂

Badabing
09-08-2020, 07:42 AM
Maybe we will stop Celtic winning the league 🙂
If we did it would have to have an asterisk against it because “the famous” were not there to do it ahead of us. Back on topic absolutely buzzing at the moment walloping Livi on their plastic pitch and look who we had on the bench. Nisbet and Doige are going to do some damage this year.

calumhibee1
09-08-2020, 07:48 AM
I may be getting carried away! But between them I'd bet my flat they'll get 30+.

They’ll definitely get 30+ I reckon. Not sure it’ll be much more than that though. If it is then we’ll be walking third place.

Dr What If?
09-08-2020, 08:34 AM
I remember the Jim Duffy season, top of the league in the final game of the first round of fixtures and beating Old Rangers 3-1 at HT. I was starting to think 'hell, maybe we could win the league'!!! We lost that game 4-3 and went on to get relegated that season.....not getting carried away after 2 games :greengrin
I am getting just a bit excited by this team though.....defense starting to gel, midfield has a bit of bite and upfront we know where the goal is....even more so, well, we actually look like a team! Michael Stewart called it spot on on Sportscene when he said we probably need someone to play alongside Gogic to properly cement the midfield, then we have a real team. Very early doors but promising signs.

Northernhibee
09-08-2020, 09:15 AM
What I really like is that I feared that he and Doidge would be too similar but yesterday showed real promise. Both are tall, strong and can find half a yard of space out of nowhere and be in the right place at the right time but if they can work together up front without getting in each others way then it could be a very exciting partnership indeed.

RoYO!
09-08-2020, 09:56 AM
How many offside calls were made?! Dont recall any!

HendoDelivered
09-08-2020, 10:32 AM
Boy I know stuck a 10 sheet on him to score a trick @ 125/1.

Sammy7nil
09-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Way too early but I will throw it out there could we have a new Keith Wright ?

EI255
09-08-2020, 02:29 PM
60 goals in his last 80 gamesThat's quite incredible. Long may it continue.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Peevemor
09-08-2020, 03:34 PM
What I really like is that I feared that he and Doidge would be too similar but yesterday showed real promise. Both are tall, strong and can find half a yard of space out of nowhere and be in the right place at the right time but if they can work together up front without getting in each others way then it could be a very exciting partnership indeed.

I know the thread's about Nisbet, but if you watch the replay of Nisbet's second goal, you'll see Doidge is there to usher the ball into the net and be ready if there was a rebound. That sort of work ethic and instinct is what converts pressure and missed chances into goals.

Northernhibee
09-08-2020, 05:16 PM
I know the thread's about Nisbet, but if you watch the replay of Nisbet's second goal, you'll see Doidge is there to usher the ball into the net and be ready if there was a rebound. That sort of work ethic and instinct is what converts pressure and missed chances into goals.

That's exactly it. Defenders aren't going to get a seconds rest against the two of them as they're always looking for the ball, always looking for space, always applying pressure, always looking for rebounds or mistakes.

mixu83
12-09-2020, 08:43 PM
Class act, always looking for the ball, drops deep, great touch, great vision, pace, power, threat in behind, knows where the goal is. Well worth whatever the fee was.

gazzag70
12-09-2020, 09:10 PM
We have a player here, his all round play is very good. He is a class act and I am sure we are going to benefit greatly from his eye for a pass as well as his goal scoring prowess.

Carheenlea
12-09-2020, 09:18 PM
A proper striker, bangs them in on a regular basis. He’s going to fit in well here :agree:

Unseen work
12-09-2020, 10:21 PM
I can’t speak highly enough of him, as a striker I think he has a bit of everything.

With him it’s the old “he has a really good touch for a big guy”, plucked it out the air beautifully for the second and he’s done it time and time again this season

Fantastic addition and I think he will keep getting better. Looks an absolutely nightmare to play against.

The 90+2
12-09-2020, 10:35 PM
This time next year every club in Scotland will be gutted they didn’t go for him.

B.H.F.C
12-09-2020, 11:24 PM
He’s a very good player.

The 90+2
13-09-2020, 12:18 AM
He’s a very good player.

He’s clever. You don’t get many clever Scottish forwards.

calumhibee1
13-09-2020, 10:55 AM
Cracking player. I was gutted when we didn’t get him in January even though I’d never saw him play. His record just screamed that he’d be a great signing.

Think he’ll easily clear 20 goals this season. I’d even fancy him for 25+.

wandering_hibee
13-09-2020, 11:10 AM
I didn't think that he looked up to much in the first game v Kilmarnock and wondered if he was being rushed but since then he been excellent. For someone who has not been playing at this level he has settled right in and never looks out of his depth. I know he still has to face Rangers and Celtic defences but I think he will cope with them.
It is early days but I have a feeling that we have a real star in the making. A better all round player than Shankland too although perhaps one day we may see both of them together in a Scotland team.

inglisavhibs
13-09-2020, 01:00 PM
I didn't think that he looked up to much in the first game v Kilmarnock and wondered if he was being rushed but since then he been excellent. For someone who has not been playing at this level he has settled right in and never looks out of his depth. I know he still has to face Rangers and Celtic defences but I think he will cope with them.
It is early days but I have a feeling that we have a real star in the making. A better all round player than Shankland too although perhaps one day we may see both of them together in a Scotland team.
Impressed like everybody else although I think there is a lot of improvement still to come. Holding the ball up under pressure from big strong centre backs is not his forte at the moment and he needs to learn to use his physical presence. A really good signing for us and let’s hope he continues to improve.

EI255
13-09-2020, 01:28 PM
He's turning out to be a very, very good capture.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Hibee Mac
13-09-2020, 02:13 PM
He's got a wee bit of everything, eye for a pass, good touch, great finishing and most importantly he's in the box making runs into the ball when you need it.

Complements Doidge very well, sometimes when Doidge is up top on his own I think he doesnt make enough runs in front of defenders if a wingers gets in behind, usually because he's been doing the dirty work elsewhere on the pitch so it's great to see that's one of Nisbet's strengths.

NorthNorfolkHFC
13-09-2020, 02:15 PM
I know this thread is about our starting forward but I was wondering how good young Shanley is?

A few players and ex players really talking him up?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro