PDA

View Full Version : Team V Livingston

Unseen work
07-08-2020, 05:03 PM
With Jack Ross’ press conference what are we thinking the team will be tomorrow?

He mentioned the following will be our injured;

Mallan
Wright
Jackson
Mackie

With that in mind I think it will be a straight forward swap, Doidge in for Wright and move Boyle to wing back.

........................Marciano................

..........McGinn.....Porteous......Hanlon.....

Boyle.........Gogic...........Newell.............D oig......

............................Allan............

...................Doidge..........Nisbet....

B.H.F.C
07-08-2020, 05:07 PM
Think ten of them will play. Only potential change, IMO, would maybe be Horgan for Nisbet if we set up a bit differently.

bigwheel
07-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Think ten of them will play. Only potential change, IMO, would maybe be Horgan for Nisbet if we set up a bit differently.

Think we may also see Stevenson in for Doig

B.H.F.C
07-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Think we may also see Stevenson in for Doig

Maybe but hope not. Think we need to give Doig a decent number of games to see how he looks.

bigwheel
07-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Maybe but hope not. Think we need to give Doig a decent number of games to see how he looks.

Yes. He may give him a run . I thought he struggled a bit last week - but was up against one of the most experienced wingers , so won’t face that every game

B.H.F.C
07-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Yes. He may give him a run . I thought he struggled a bit last week - but was up against one of the most experienced wingers , so won’t face that every game

I thought he was OK last week, certainly not much better than that.

I just think, if you’re going to give a young player like him a chance you need to stick with them even if they’ve found it a wee bit tough. Big step up from what he’s used to and going to somewhere like Livingston will probably be a totally different challenge to anything he’s ever faced. That’s how he’ll learn though.

Leitherhibs
07-08-2020, 05:36 PM

Rocky

Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Hallberg
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

scoopyboy
07-08-2020, 05:41 PM

Rocky

Mcginn
Porto
Hanlon

Boyle
Hallberg
Gogic
Newell
Doig

Nisbet
Doidge

Happy with ten of your choices and set up but I personally don't see what Hallberg brings to the table. I would have Scott Allan in place of him.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2020, 05:43 PM
Happy with ten of your choices and set up but I personally don't see what Hallberg brings to the table. I would have Scott Allan in place of him.

He runs around. Doesn’t really do anything with the ball, but running around is more desirable to some I think.

supermcginn
07-08-2020, 05:44 PM

Yip hallberg seems to become a better player in some people's eyes every single time Ross doesn't pick him, he couldn't lace Allan's boots.

MyJo
07-08-2020, 06:16 PM
He runs around. Doesn’t really do anything with the ball, but running around is more desirable to some I think.

Runs around, picks up the ball skins a player carries the ball up the park and plays in Boyle to score the goal that won us the game last week. I’d happily take him not doing stuff with the ball like that most weeks.

What a load of nonsense

bingo70
07-08-2020, 06:16 PM

I think he brings a better work rate then Allan, which arguably is important in a game like tomorrow.

That said, I’m not sure I’m a fan of 3-5-2. Seems to inevitably fall back to a 5-3-2, hopefully if Boyle’s plying there then that might not be the case.

I worry about the link between midfield and attack in this side, not Newells biggest fan, without Allan I could see us just punting it forward to our front two and hoping for the best.

B.H.F.C
07-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Runs around, picks up the ball skins a player carries the ball up the park and plays in Boyle to score the goal that won us the game last week. I’d happily take him not doing stuff with the ball like that most weeks.

What a load of nonsense

Aye I know Scott Allan did that but I was responding to Scoopyboy’s point about Hallberg.

hfc rd
07-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Marciano

McGinn
Porteous
Hanlon

Boyle
Allan
Gogic
Newell
Stevenson

Doidge
Nisbet

MyJo
07-08-2020, 06:19 PM
Aye I know Scott Allan did that but I was responding to Scoopyboy’s post about Hallberg.

My bad, I thought you were referring to Allan with that post :hilarious

scoopyboy
07-08-2020, 06:20 PM

What a load of nonsense

I thought his comments were referring to Hallberg, not Allan.

AlbertK86
07-08-2020, 08:36 PM
With Jack Ross’ press conference what are we thinking the team will be tomorrow?

He mentioned the following will be our injured;

Mallan
Wright
Jackson
Mackie

With that in mind I think it will be a straight forward swap, Doidge in for Wright and move Boyle to wing back.

........................Marciano................

..........McGinn.....Porteous......Hanlon.....

Boyle.........Gogic...........Newell.............D oig......

............................Allan............

...................Doidge..........Nisbet....

Agree that this will be the team and hope your right.

Thought we were very professional last week and should only change Wright as he is injured.

Might actually work out even better having Nisbet and Foidge up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04Sauzee
07-08-2020, 08:55 PM
Same team as last week with Doidge in for Wright.

Hopefully be able to use some subs with another game coming up on Tuesday

JimBHibees
08-08-2020, 08:11 AM

That's what team will be I think suppose other change may be Lewis in but personally would keep Josh in.

Brightside
08-08-2020, 11:17 AM

I think this will be the team.

Tambo
08-08-2020, 11:18 AM
We need another good early start again like past week, I hope doig starts at would be a good test for him early on in his career and hopefully 2 up top.

Eyrie
08-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Doig did nothing wrong last week, so he needs to play again this week. With five subs, it's easy enough to bring Stevenson on for him.

We can then start Stevenson on Tuesday.

147lothian
08-08-2020, 12:06 PM
Tricky game today on that plastic pitch, a draw wouldn't be a bad result IMO, better teams than us lost there last season, I want to see both Doig and Nisbet playing, they both need a run of games to reach there level, I can see a bright future for both once they have had time to settle and find their form.

erin go bragh
08-08-2020, 12:07 PM
He might not risk playing Doidge on that carpet . About time the top league banned such surfaces.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2020, 12:26 PM
He might not risk playing Doidge on that carpet . About time the top league banned such surfaces.

As the do in, even league in 2 in England

GordonHFC
08-08-2020, 12:41 PM
I think this will be the team.

One other change.

Radium
08-08-2020, 12:46 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200808/80dae97a45fcbeb9b0b6d4ca94b2259d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.H.F.C
08-08-2020, 12:47 PM
Attacking team that. Just looks like a straight 442 to me.

147lothian
08-08-2020, 12:50 PM
As the do in, even league in 2 in England

And for a very good reason, I used to hate how commentators were saying what a fantasic record Livi have got at home last season yet failing to mention the unfair advantage they have on their artificial surface, against teams who play on real grass

Vault Boy
08-08-2020, 12:50 PM
That selection and shape will suit us today IMO. All about using the width and having numbers joining the attack. Midfield battle probably won't be particularly pretty, Allan making way makes sense.

Scooter
08-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Look at the bench. Almost nothing on the bench

supermcginn
08-08-2020, 12:53 PM

3 5 2 Horgan behind strikers

hibsmad
08-08-2020, 12:56 PM

Cant agree with that...

A potential match winner in Scott Allan. Jamie Gullan who I am eager to see played up top. Plenty of experience in defence in case required.

I agree that overall it could be stronger with more attacking threat, but I wouldn't call it almost nothing.

Scooter
08-08-2020, 12:58 PM
Cant agree with that...

A potential match winner in Scott Allan. Jamie Gullan who I am eager to see played up top. Plenty of experience in defence in case required.

I agree that overall it could be stronger with more attacking threat, but I wouldn't call it almost nothing.

I'm not having a go at the players. But if we need to change the game there is only Scott Allan that we know can do it. I've high Hope's for Gullan but hes still untried at this level

erin go bragh
08-08-2020, 01:00 PM

Looks like 3 at the back ,with Boyle and Doig the wing backs to me .
But both of us could be wrong and it’s a 433 😉😃

erin go bragh
08-08-2020, 01:03 PM

Just the three immortals 😉and Allan !

GordonHFC
08-08-2020, 01:14 PM
I like it. Some saying we don't have the players to change the game but we are discussing whether we will be 3-5-2 or 4-4-2.

Brightside
08-08-2020, 01:18 PM

Eh?

BlackSheep
08-08-2020, 01:23 PM

Lol.

Billy Whizz
08-08-2020, 01:26 PM

Just the 9 players

keep the faith
08-08-2020, 01:44 PM

Apart from the best midfielder in the country outside celtic....