PDA

View Full Version : Rugby Park Has A New Name

04Sauzee
07-08-2020, 02:43 PM
Billy Bowie Special Projects has been unveiled as the club’s stadium naming rights partner.

The six-figure deal will see increased investment from our majority shareholder, Billy Bowie as we head into one of our most challenging seasons yet, during these unpreceded times.

The stadium will now be known as The BBSP Stadium, Rugby Park.

Always thought Hibs may have tried to sell naming rights to HTC, might not be that attractive to sponsors mind

CropleyWasGod
07-08-2020, 02:58 PM
Does it bother anyone that Billy Bowie made his money in "Waste Management"?

:cb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1rcmpOOJAw

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 03:08 PM
I’ll be calling it Rugby Park.

cant stand these stupid corporate sponsorship names for stadiums, training grounds and the like

calumhibee1
07-08-2020, 03:09 PM
Should be selling ours. Nobody other than the media will ever use it and it could bring in decent cash.

04Sauzee
07-08-2020, 03:10 PM

cant stand these stupid corporate sponsorship names for stadiums, training grounds and the like

Not a huge fan either but can understand it to some degree in the current climate

jacomo
07-08-2020, 03:46 PM
Should be selling ours. Nobody other than the media will ever use it and it could bring in decent cash.

Depends on the deal. Who remembers what Arsenal’s new stadium was called before it was named the Emirates?

04Sauzee
07-08-2020, 03:48 PM
Depends on the deal. Who remembers what Arsenal’s new stadium was called before it was named the Emirates?

Ever so slightly different as its a different site but I get what you mean

Since452
07-08-2020, 03:53 PM
They could name Easter Road anything they wanted if it brought extra money in. Would always be Easter Road to me

hibbyfraelibby
07-08-2020, 03:59 PM
So what do folk think would be an acceptable sponsor's name to be linked to our stadium?

I think we should link up with a famous confectionary company like Cadbury

Imaging heading down to the Cadbury's Easter Bunny Stadium.

04Sauzee
07-08-2020, 04:02 PM
The Anderson Arena 👀😁

Callyballybe
07-08-2020, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with this as long as it was done correctly - Namely, keeping Easter Road in the name. I.e. 'enter sponsor name here' @ Easter Road.

Murrayfield's current full name is BT Murrayfield. No one calls it this, but they're still benefiting from the extra income of the name change.

Killie have done it right as well. I very much doubt anyone will actually call it the 'BBSP Stadium', of course it'll still be Rugby Park.

The Emirates example is a bit different as that is the first name the stadium has ever had. Once this deal ends, I assume it'll be a new stadium sponsor, or failing that, there will be some sort of agreement between the owner and the fans on what the stadium should be named next.

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 04:26 PM
So what do folk think would be an acceptable sponsor's name to be linked to our stadium?

I think we should link up with a famous confectionary company like Cadbury

Imaging heading down to the Cadbury's Easter Bunny Stadium.

I think Guinness would be appropriate

Keith_M
07-08-2020, 04:26 PM
They could name Easter Road anything they wanted if it brought extra money in. Would always be Easter Road to me

So you'd have no problem with Hibs renaming it The Ann Summers Arena?

bigwheel
07-08-2020, 04:28 PM

As long as it vibrates when the ball hits the net !

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 04:36 PM
In all seriousness, if hibs have to go down this road, and I sincerely hope they wouldn’t, i would really hope it’s with a decent ethical company.

maybe even a green energy company or something like that. We are supposed to be the greenest club in Scotland after all.

Waxy
07-08-2020, 04:38 PM
Hearts could change to
The bus stop on gorgie rd.

Pretty Boy
07-08-2020, 04:39 PM
I don't have an issue with clubs selling naming rights. Easy money and the fans will still call it Rugby Park.

Stuart93
07-08-2020, 04:39 PM
In all seriousness, if hibs have to go down this road, and I sincerely hope they wouldn’t, i would really hope it’s with a decent ethical company.

maybe even a green energy company or something like that. We are supposed to be the greenest club in Scotland after all.

Your post is worded so strangely

Like you’re already having a pop at hibs for it without hibs even having done it

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 04:46 PM

Like you’re already having a pop at hibs for it without hibs even having done it

not how it was intended at all. I’m certainly not having a go at hibs or anyone else for that matter

green&left
07-08-2020, 05:30 PM
It's a ****ing stupid name.

Regarding Hibs, something's should never be for sale and a 100+ year old stadium name is one of them.

What do you do when there is no more advertising to sale? Replace the harp with the Tennant's logo? Squeeze a corporate name inbetween Hibernian and Football Club? Already getting ridiculous with every inch of strip and shorts covered in ads.

tamig
07-08-2020, 05:31 PM

Thought it was worded fine and agree entirely with the sentiment.

Just_Jimmy
07-08-2020, 05:37 PM
It's a ****ing stupid name.

Regarding Hibs, something's should never be for sale and a 100+ year old stadium name is one of them.

What do you do when there is no more advertising to sale? Replace the harp with the Tennant's logo? Squeeze a corporate name inbetween Hibernian and Football Club? Already getting ridiculous with every inch of strip and shorts covered in ads.Oh there's much more shirt and shorts to be covered in logos. Look at rugby or formula one for example.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Hibernia&Alba
07-08-2020, 05:40 PM
As long as it vibrates when the ball hits the net !

:hilarious

:top marks

weecounty hibby
07-08-2020, 06:03 PM
Probably said somewhere else in the thread but the SRU got £50m for calling Murrayfield BTMurrayfield. I have never heard anyone except the media, who have to, call it anything other than Murrayfield. If we got a heap of cash for naming rights I would be grabbing it. As long as it was along the lines of BT Easter Road. It would always be Easter Road to fans

Since452
07-08-2020, 06:12 PM

As long as we ****ged plenty teams there

Glory Lurker
07-08-2020, 06:25 PM
The Microsoft-Apple Easter Road Arena is the reserve price for me.

Scouse Hibee
07-08-2020, 06:31 PM
Get Premier Foods to sponsor it, then we could officially call it The Premier stadium in Edinburgh

Stuart93
07-08-2020, 07:06 PM
not how it was intended at all. I’m certainly not having a go at hibs or anyone else for that matter

Fair enough man apologies. I must’ve picked it up completely wrong

Hibiza
07-08-2020, 07:15 PM
Billy Bowie Special Projects has been unveiled as the club’s stadium naming rights partner.

The six-figure deal will see increased investment from our majority shareholder, Billy Bowie as we head into one of our most challenging seasons yet, during these unpreceded times.

Always thought Hibs may have tried to sell naming rights to HTC, might not be that attractive to sponsors mind
We're away Ma , to the Billy Bowie Special Projects , back in a few hours. They laddies , always getting in trouble.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2020, 10:04 PM
i'm still giggling at the name billy bowie :greengrin

Iggy Pope
07-08-2020, 10:10 PM
Billy Bowie is a stupid name. What was his Ma thinking.

Sammy7nil
08-08-2020, 08:07 AM

Shanks says no 😁

Juniper Greens
08-08-2020, 08:08 AM
Definitely should have called it the Bernabowie

Sammy7nil
08-08-2020, 08:08 AM
Billy Bowie is a stupid name. What was his Ma thinking.

Willie 👀

hibeejeebies
08-08-2020, 08:43 AM

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👍🏽

Eyrie
08-08-2020, 09:15 AM

:not worth

Speedy
08-08-2020, 09:24 AM

Nobody calls it Ashburton Grove but I do remember. Also a bit different as it was only known as that for a year or two.

Upton Park is a good comparison.

Onceinawhile
08-08-2020, 11:14 AM
I'll continue to call it rugby pugby.

Sudds_1
08-08-2020, 11:53 AM

Highbury...me an old smart alec 😇

Bright_Hibee
08-08-2020, 12:11 PM
Highbury...me an old smart alec 😇

Highbury was the last stadium, the Emirates was called Ashburton Grove originally though

Sudds_1
08-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Highbury was the last stadium, the Emirates was called Ashburton Grove originally though

* bows gracefully!* 😁😁

ABZHFC
08-08-2020, 04:33 PM
Should be an SPFL-wide rule that you cannot change your stadium name, for commercial reasons or otherwise, simple as that. Heritage matters

AZhibee
08-08-2020, 04:43 PM

Pepsi Cola’s Hibs.net

EI255
09-08-2020, 02:32 PM

Always thought Hibs may have tried to sell naming rights to HTC, might not be that attractive to sponsors mindSilly name and even sillier mascot.

Silly club.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

cabbageandribs1875
09-08-2020, 02:33 PM
Silly name and even sillier mascot.

Silly club.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

the silly killie boys

04Sauzee
09-08-2020, 02:36 PM
the silly killie boys

😅

Irish_Steve
09-08-2020, 03:20 PM
I was telling my wife about this and what Billy Bowie did for a business.

She said it should have been renamed "Poo Park" lol