PDA

View Full Version : Midfield

gbhibby
07-08-2020, 12:41 PM
Hopefully we get McCrorie and Docherty. There is some games when we need a bit more physical in the middle of the park even if it means Scott Allan on the bench. There have been far too many games where other teams have dominated us in the middle of the park and the midfield don't press the ball the game against Killie was a prime example. Allan and Mallan are luxury players who can impact from the bench or they need to up their workrate.

RoYO!
07-08-2020, 12:44 PM
I'd lump Hallberg into the Alan and Mallan debate. Decelerating into challenges and people jogging by too often.

hughio
07-08-2020, 03:11 PM
An
Alex Cropley
Alex Edwards
Gattuso
Scott Brown type:

A ball-winning tackler who can pass.
Kevin Thomson when he was with us.That type of player please.

Hard to find.

Maybe Docherty and McCrory.

Where's the home grown talent?
:confused:

Stuart93
07-08-2020, 03:16 PM
An
Alex Cropley
Alex Edwards
Gattuso
Scott Brown type:

Hard to find.

We have one in Gogic. Tackled well, passed well and carried well.

I purely thought he was going to remain static in front of the defence but I was wrong.

In saying that I would like one of Mcrorie or Docherty

erin go bragh
07-08-2020, 04:27 PM
An
Alex Cropley
Alex Edwards
Gattuso
Scott Brown type:

Hard to find.

We sold that player to Villa 😜

ancient hibee
07-08-2020, 04:47 PM
Hopefully we get McCrorie and Docherty. There is some games when we need a bit more physical in the middle of the park even if it means Scott Allan on the bench. There have been far too many games where other teams have dominated us in the middle of the park and the midfield don't press the ball the game against Killie was a prime example. Allan and Mallan are luxury players who can impact from the bench or they need to up their workrate.

I always think it is a mistake to describe a player who consistently wins matches for you as a luxury player.I tend to call him a necessity.

PPZPOL
07-08-2020, 05:00 PM
I always think it is a mistake to describe a player who consistently wins matches for you as a luxury player.I tend to call him a necessity.

Excellent post 10/10

Brooster
08-08-2020, 06:12 AM
If Kilmarnock are bossing the midfield at Easter Road I can only imagine what better teams will do to us. Work rate and ball retention needs to be so much better, starting today.

GreenCastle
08-08-2020, 06:39 AM
We have one in Gogic. Tackled well, passed well and carried well.

I purely thought he was going to remain static in front of the defence but I was wrong.

In saying that I would like one of Mcrorie or Docherty

Gogic was doing 2 players job last week!!

The balance in the middle isn’t right and several teams in Scotland just have grafters.

You need to win the battle / match that first or you are up against it.

Another Gogic type will allow him to play better and allow us to control the game. As others have pointed out - 2nd half we struggled.

Allan, Mallan, Newell and Hallberg I like but we need more energy to get in the faces of the opposition.

The thing SJM / Dylan lacked was goals and assists so shows the challenge finding this type of all round player.

Docherty / Omeonga definitely helped this issue.

calumhibee1
08-08-2020, 07:36 AM
We should be going flat out for Docherty imo. Keeping in mind we don’t have the funds to bring in another 3 or 4 I’d be happy enough with just him to complete our squad.

Ronniekirk
09-08-2020, 07:45 PM
We should be going flat out for Docherty imo. Keeping in mind we don’t have the funds to bring in another 3 or 4 I’d be happy enough with just him to complete our squad.

Was Ross not quoted as saying Mcrorie of Rangers was his priority target Docherty will be out our price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibiza
09-08-2020, 07:54 PM
Docherty in , Mallan out.

04Sauzee
09-08-2020, 08:06 PM
Was Ross not quoted as saying Mcrorie of Rangers was his priority target Docherty will be out our price range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
From the interview I have seen he didn't denny it nor say there was truth in it. He said we have been and will be linked with players, some will be true some will be nonsense