PDA

View Full Version : Longbangers 61: Kieran Power

matty_f
06-08-2020, 10:08 PM
We recorded a special episode tonight where we caught up with Hibs Director, Kieran Power where we talked about the highs and lows of his time with the club, including steering through the current covid crisis.

Don’t want to blow our own trumpet but we had a great time recording it and it should mean it’s well worth a listen!

*Sound is a wee bit quiet in a couple of places

Apple podcasts:
https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/longbangers/id1474463560#episodeGuid=498b4acc-9f26-4bcc-9fff-25d1ac68d9ea
Spotify:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/4ddSeRyDAsz4e0EHePjphG?si=i0i-Y9KFTQSO8oSQQpdOVQ

Anchor/web:
https://anchor.fm/longbangers/episodes/Longbangers-ep-61-Kieran-Power-and-Pat-Scranton-ehpm7e

The 90+2
07-08-2020, 05:13 AM
Best episode yet so far. ****in brilliant 😂😂

You’re on fire for a change Matt. KPs no the best connection but I’m sick ay him talking anyway 😁

The 90+2
07-08-2020, 05:21 AM
A proud election announcement, Brian never change mate.

The 90+2
07-08-2020, 05:57 AM
Squidier Agathe and Pat Scranton. Brian’s a ****in legend. “Scotty Allans hair” 😂😂😂

The 90+2
07-08-2020, 06:12 AM
Not even kidding folks best podcast ever 😂😂😂😂

MagicSwirlingShip
07-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Leslie Nielsen from Aeroplane 🤣

Togs91
07-08-2020, 07:35 AM
Can't believe we missed out on "Garry O'Donner"

The 90+2
07-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Alen Mormon disapproves:

Newcastlehibby
07-08-2020, 08:14 AM
Great listen. KP is very much the right person for the job. I hope he feels he can put himself up for re-election.

Keith_M
07-08-2020, 08:25 AM
Great listen. KP is very much the right person for the job. I hope he feels he can put himself up for re-election.

Only if he promises to stop saying 'ken'

:wink:

matty_f
07-08-2020, 09:14 AM

:agree: he’s done a great job.

Power
07-08-2020, 12:44 PM

Feedback taken. Ken and Barry are used a lot in my vocabulary.

Enjoyed last night - appreciated the invite. Something I’ve missed over the last 5 months is not shooting the **** with fellow Hibs fans - discussing, debating, musing and bantering.

As always, available any time over the next 9 months via the usual channels if I can help with anything.

matty_f
07-08-2020, 02:17 PM
https://youtu.be/8D42dX1A9yA

YouTube link for the episode.

Bostonhibby
07-08-2020, 02:29 PM

Enjoyed last night - appreciated the invite. Something I’ve missed over the last 5 months is not shooting the **** with fellow Hibs fans - discussing, debating, musing and bantering.

As always, available any time over the next 9 months via the usual channels if I can help with anything.I don't mind Ken and his girlfriend Barbie was great but Barry had got to be a Jambo surely?[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

hibsbollah
07-08-2020, 02:34 PM

I’d expect a sizeable number of Hibs fans say Ken a fair bit, ‘Barry’ not so much, unless in the sarcastic sense which is very prevalent these days, as in ‘oh aye that’s ‘baaaaary’.

I always assumed fan reps/directors must be folk with a fair bit of spare time to do the job, it’s interesting and impressive that KP has a young family and a job at the same time, kudos to him, certainly not something I would have the energy and mentality to do.

LongJohnBanger
07-08-2020, 09:44 PM
I’d expect a sizeable number of Hibs fans say Ken a fair bit, ‘Barry’ not so much, unless in the sarcastic sense which is very prevalent these days, as in ‘oh aye that’s ‘baaaaary’.

I always assumed fan reps/directors must be folk with a fair bit of spare time to do the job, it’s interesting and impressive that KP has a young family and a job at the same time, kudos to him, certainly not something I would have the energy and mentality to do.

One thing Kieran left out last night in describing the many things that takes up his time is his cycling - I'm surprised he wasn't on the bike during the podcast.

DaveF
08-08-2020, 07:15 AM
Enjoyed that and thought KP spoke really well. The one thing I hope he reviews is his answer to the advice to his replacement question.

While I understand his response (due to the obvious time pressures of the 'job') the reason he has connected with the role so well is his ability to communicate with the online fraternity the way he does.

Sammy7nil
08-08-2020, 08:01 AM
KP has done a great job to date I will definitely give it a listen.

Keith_M
08-08-2020, 05:20 PM

As always, available any time over the next 9 months via the usual channels if I can help with anything.

I thought maybe Ken and Barry were mates of yours.

Thanks for all your hard work on our behalf

:aok:

KDY Hibs
09-08-2020, 08:16 PM
Great work lads, another quality listen!

04Sauzee
09-08-2020, 08:20 PM
KP will be a huge loss when his time at Hibs is up

matty_f
09-08-2020, 11:13 PM
Great work lads, another quality listen!

Thank you :aok:

matty_f
09-08-2020, 11:13 PM

:agree:

DaveF
10-08-2020, 07:29 AM

I think that is a bit over the top as there is every chance his successor (should he not stand and win again) will see the positive impact his actions have brought and pick up with the same drive and determination KP has shown.

Any of the other candidates who stood last time might have done just as well. KP has been good but he isn't irreplaceable - and I'm sure he would say the same.

G15 Hibs
10-08-2020, 08:00 AM

I tend to find that people who volunteer for stuff are motivated folk who already have a lot on or are involved in other things through a sense of responsibility or just being pretty active, while folk with a lot of time on their hands enjoy having a lot of time on their hands. A general life observation I guess, and unrelated to Hibs, Longbangers (excellent episode, gents) or, to an extent, Mr Power.

matty_f
10-08-2020, 10:16 AM
I think that is a bit over the top as there is every chance his successor (should he not stand and win again) will see the positive impact his actions have brought and pick up with the same drive and determination KP has shown.

Any of the other candidates who stood last time might have done just as well. KP has been good but he isn't irreplaceable - and I'm sure he would say the same.

That’s fair, i think Kieran has put a marker down as to what the role could be, though (as did Tracey), and whoever follows him needs to be at least at that level.

JimBHibees
10-08-2020, 11:12 AM
I tend to find that people who volunteer for stuff are motivated folk who already have a lot on or are involved in other things through a sense of responsibility or just being pretty active, while folk with a lot of time on their hands enjoy having a lot of time on their hands. A general life observation I guess, and unrelated to Hibs, Longbangers (excellent episode, gents) or, to an extent, Mr Power.

What was that saying, "if you want something done give it to a busy person".

Keith_M
10-08-2020, 12:33 PM

I wouldn't have posted that if I thought anybody was actually going to take it seriously.

matty_f
10-08-2020, 12:52 PM
I wouldn't have posted that if I thought anybody was actually going to take it seriously.

Story of my life...

Keith_M
10-08-2020, 02:31 PM
Story of my life...

:greengrin

hibsbollah
10-08-2020, 04:11 PM

Ah ken:agree:

Keith_M
10-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Ah ken:agree:

Oh that's barry.

:aok:

:greengrin