PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: FLORIAN KAMBERI DEPARTURE CONFIRMED

RSS Bot
06-08-2020, 11:00 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10696)

Since452
06-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Good riddance

06-08-2020, 11:03 AM
Got him for an undisclosed fee and sold him for an undisclosed fee. Glad to see we recouped our outlay. 😀

weecounty hibby
06-08-2020, 11:04 AM
Could have been a very good player for us but seemed to think he was above us, was a bit huffy, likes to fall out with managers and made some ridiculous comments about the Hun. Best that he is gone

tonyrougier123
06-08-2020, 11:05 AM
Big doidge doing the business with the right attitude keeping the "superstar"on the bench,so we loaned him to the rangers for game time.😂😂

Billy Whizz
06-08-2020, 11:05 AM
Had some good moments for Hibs, but time to move on
Hope we use his fee and salary wisely

The 90+2
06-08-2020, 11:06 AM
Good luck in your career Kamberi. Hopefully learn by his mistakes.

Groathillgrump
06-08-2020, 11:06 AM
Kamberi: A legend in his own mind. :bye:

Bostonhibby
06-08-2020, 11:08 AM
Kamberi: A legend in his own mind. :bye:Touch of a ball hitting off a wardrobe and leapt like a tin of salmon.

Next.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

Diclonius
06-08-2020, 11:09 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

https://static1.bigstockphoto.com/5/5/3/large1500/355915763.jpg

ABZHFC
06-08-2020, 11:12 AM
Will still look back very fondly on some of his goals, the last minute winner against Asteras Tripolis especially

Hibs90
Rat

Peevemor
Big doidge doing the business with the right attitude keeping the "superstar"on the bench,so we loaned him to the rangers for game time.[emoji23][emoji23]That's the first sign I've seen Hibs having the slightest hint of a dig at a player leaving.

Andy74
06-08-2020, 11:14 AM
Big doidge doing the business with the right attitude keeping the "superstar"on the bench,so we loaned him to the rangers for game time.😂😂

Yeah I liked that context.

Gloucester Hibs
06-08-2020, 11:15 AM
Cheers for the memories Flo. A couple of bangers v Celtic in 2018, and a decent strike against the Sheep last season some of his standout moments 👏🏻

Greenbeard
06-08-2020, 11:18 AM
Hallez loo

HoboHarry
I've seen much much worse in a Hibs jersey but it was time for him to leave without doubt. Good luck for the future.....

NC1875
Bye bye. You won’t be missed

Pagan Hibernia
06-08-2020, 11:19 AM
Good goalscorer and a good player.

his comments after going to them have wrecked his reputation.

Squealing pig
06-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Good riddance, average player who thought he was a worldie. Tbf he was on the very odd occasion .

Sir David Gray
06-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Cheerio.

J-C
06-08-2020, 11:24 AM
Official site says it all, he came, he played, he's gone and not much else.
Petty much summed it up for me too, played out his skin to get his move, became a superstar in his mind and didn't like it when he was not centre of attention, definitely not a team player. Won't be missed, got our money back and a wee % if sold again.

Moulin Yarns
06-08-2020, 11:27 AM
a goals per game ratio in all games of a goal every 2.79 games is a decent return by any account.

tonyrougier123
06-08-2020, 11:27 AM
That's the first sign I've seen Hibs having the slightest hint of a dig at a player leaving.

Aye me too👏😄

Hibs Class
06-08-2020, 11:31 AM
Scored a couple of excellent goals. IIRC, when he first arrived his penalties were unsaveable, but he later went on to miss a few and that seemed to sum up his overall confidence and contribution. I was really excited when we got him permanently, which just increases the disappointment, but ultimately he's little more than a footnote in our history which we'll chalk up to experience.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2020, 11:32 AM
That's the first sign I've seen Hibs having the slightest hint of a dig at a player leaving.

I'm assuming this has been edited? :confused:

Cabbage East
06-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Good. Bolt.

Peevemor
06-08-2020, 11:43 AM
I'm assuming this has been edited? :confused:No.

" The form of Christian Doidge limited his first-team opportunities around the halfway point of last season and he spent the remainder of the campaign on loan with Rangers, with Greg Docherty moving in the other direction on a temporary basis."

When has the club ever cited the form of other, named players when confirming that someone is moving on?

RoYO!
06-08-2020, 11:52 AM
I remember a half volley as the ball dropped over his shoulder from a cross field pass v Celtic which was top class. Also remember him using his body to dummy an Aberdeen player- in a split second there was 10 yards between the two players!

Some real quality in there and I'm sure the physicality of the league will have done him good going forward.

It's just whether or not he can stay hungry and motivated.

Play well, score goals and earn us some more money please!

The Spaceman
06-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Would not have played this season ahead of Doidge and Nisbet IMO, even if he had stayed. Good riddance! There’s a player in there but a honking attitude.

danhibees1875
06-08-2020, 11:57 AM
It's a shame it didn't work out. He had a lot of good attributes and in his first stint here was quite prolific. I thought he had the potential to make a good partnership with Doidge but clearly things fell apart behind the scenes. Didn't help himself by losing most of the fans due to that tweet about rangers either!

Spike Mandela
06-08-2020, 11:59 AM
Showed great promise in his early Hibs careerbut then tailed off. Not the first or the last with that story. Good luck to him, not getting all the hate really.

biotech
06-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Next stop FC Barcelona!

Greenbeard
06-08-2020, 12:04 PM
Cheers for the memories Flo. A couple of bangers v Celtic in 2018, and a decent strike against the Sheep last season some of his standout moments 👏🏻
His only recent standout moment was being told by JR to stand outside East Mains.

jeffers
06-08-2020, 12:11 PM
At times, especially in his loan spell, he looked a great player and worked really well with Scott Allan. For a professional footballer though his control was atrocious at times and his unwillingness to challenge for the ball in the air made him too easy to play against. Add in his comments when he signed for the Huns and it was time to move on. Not what Hibs were hoping for when he signed permanently but for the best that he moves on.

Broken Gnome
06-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Far better in his loan spell than anyone would have envisaged.

Played with an injury early in his permanent spell, I think? Ended up being a disaster and the fall guy under Lennon, and was pretty rank stuck out on the left wing under Heckingbottom.

Still think the effort was there and that's the one thing that didn't sit quite the right amongst the abuse he was getting. His attitude might've looked all wrong but it's not like he coasted through every game in a huff.

He was also putting a shift in until the end - had two decent games against United in the cup.

Hero in his loan spell, too much went wrong during the season after and wasn't the guy to have around in a struggling side. And unfortunately wasn't the guy to pick his words wisely...

Greencore
06-08-2020, 12:18 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/10696)

Goodbye Flo, I'll miss your step overs. Arschloch.

Sir David Gray
06-08-2020, 12:19 PM
No.

" The form of Christian Doidge limited his first-team opportunities around the halfway point of last season and he spent the remainder of the campaign on loan with Rangers, with Greg Docherty moving in the other direction on a temporary basis."

When has the club ever cited the form of other, named players when confirming that someone is moving on?

Ah right got you now, I just assumed they had used the word "superstar" in a Twitter post or something since the other posted the word in quotation marks but I understand now.

Speedway
06-08-2020, 12:20 PM
The shot of a cannon and the touch of an elephant, the kind of rough diamond that comes to Hibs.

We decided to go with the Flo and now we've decided to go without the Flo.

No complaints here.

hibeedonald
06-08-2020, 12:25 PM
anyone itk got an idea about the fee?

ancient hibee
06-08-2020, 12:25 PM
I think he’ll do well.Made childish remarks about Rangers but if grown men didn’t make childish remarks the post count on here would plummet.

04Sauzee
06-08-2020, 12:31 PM
anyone itk got an idea about the fee?

Yip but unfortunately I can't disclose it 😁😁

Keith_M
06-08-2020, 12:39 PM
I'm not going to be bitter so I'll just wish him well.

jacomo
06-08-2020, 12:42 PM
Good luck in your career Kamberi. Hopefully learn by his mistakes.

:agree:

Northernhibee
06-08-2020, 12:43 PM
Let's be reasonable folks. Who are we to deny him his dream move to *checks notes* St Gallen?

Pretty Green
06-08-2020, 12:44 PM
A massively frustrating player who had a terrible touch and ability to be offside. Saying that he did have something and scored a few crackers! Time to move on.

Ceebs
06-08-2020, 12:45 PM
Personally I hope he does very well and commands a big transfer fee which we will receive a percentage of.

green with envy
06-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Delighted with that. Oh, and good riddance.

7 Up
06-08-2020, 12:51 PM
It all seemed so promising when he first arrived at the club so it's a shame it didn't really work out. Now everyone is happy to move on.

lord bunberry
06-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Good player with a dreadful attitude, good riddance.

Billy Whizz
06-08-2020, 01:05 PM
https://www.fcsg.ch/home/espen-inside/

Since452
06-08-2020, 01:09 PM
Gone from saying how Rangers was his dream move since he first played in Ibrox with 50k fans to signing for a team with a lower average attendance than Hibs. Karma.

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-08-2020, 01:17 PM
I see St Gallen is well fancied in the 1550 @ Ripon today, William Buick on board.

MrRobot
06-08-2020, 01:30 PM
Absolute rat who was nowhere near as good as he believed he was.

06-08-2020, 01:33 PM
https://www.fcsg.ch/home/espen-inside/

Don't wish him any ill but glad something has been sorted. Shame it didn't work out as well as we'd hoped. Something changed somewhere along the way and I felt he was more interested in trying to get himself on Soccer AM, which he did a couple of times.

https://twitter.com/SoccerAM/status/1205850177438916608?s=09

Thought he only had a year left on his contract, it says there his contract with us was until 2022. Maybe Graeme Mathie told a wee white lie to squeeze a few more quid out of them.

G B Young
06-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Showed great promise in his early Hibs careerbut then tailed off. Not the first or the last with that story. Good luck to him, not getting all the hate really.

Yep, along with Maclaren and Allan he turned our season around when he arrived and helped secure Hibs a place in Europe. Definitely one of our best ever January window signings. For a while, he looked like he might be something special (he could produce some terrific finishes) but I got the impression he was maybe a bit dim and didn't really take on board what he was being told in terms of how to develop his ability.

Maybe I just don't take football as seriously as I used to but like you I don't feel any resentment towards him at all. Endless players have talked up their 'dream' of moving to Celtic or Rangers when the opportunity arises. It's not really a big deal and there are far more important things to get angry about.

Speedy
06-08-2020, 01:48 PM
Don't buy into the whole 'rat' thing, few ill-advised comments but on the whole he's just a young guy wanting to move on from a job that isn't working out.

Good player but something obviously changed and wasn't meant to be. Thankfully we have other options.

Waxy
06-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Potential to be a decent player. Has to grow up.Shot himself in the foot with his Rangers comments.

Lago
06-08-2020, 01:59 PM
Frankly there is no need to use that language to describe anyone.

CmoantheHibs
06-08-2020, 02:03 PM
Can't say I'm disappointed. Disrespectful weasel.

Moulin Yarns
06-08-2020, 02:08 PM
Can't say I'm disappointed. Disrespectful weasel.

First, a couple of posters call him a rat, now he is a weasel.

Flo was a sometimes excellent and sometimes frustrating player, animal he wasn't.

HibbyAndy
06-08-2020, 02:09 PM
You cannae say what you said Flo and expect to come back to Hibs

Time to move on . Far to many step overs he thought he was Ronaldo

Billy Whizz
06-08-2020, 02:11 PM
You cannae say what you said Flo and expect to come back to Hibs

Time to move on . Far to many step overs he thought he was Ronaldo

Surprised he wasn’t christened Flonaldo

SChibs
06-08-2020, 02:20 PM
The next Matt Doherty in here probably. He'll still be mentioned on here for years to come over some naive throwaway comments.

Hibernia&Alba
06-08-2020, 02:24 PM
He has talent, but he doesn't always make full use of it. Needs to knuckle down. I don't have a problem with the guy; he's left the club and will soon be forgotten.

Hibee Mac
06-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Played a big part in one of our most enjoyable league campaigns in living memory.

That being said, the situation has deteriorated so much that I am now so glad this guy is out the door. Good riddance and wish him well for the future purely for Hibs to benefit from a sell on. Then he can drop like a stone through the Swiss leagues till he's playing for the Swiss equivalent of Cowdenbeath for all I care.

So long.

Since452
06-08-2020, 02:29 PM
The next Matt Doherty in here probably. He'll still be mentioned on here for years to come over some naive throwaway comments.

Can only hope the boy learns from it. They may have been throw away comments but they were enough to end his career at his club, a good club that gave him a decent platform. Very foolish.

JohnMcM
06-08-2020, 02:48 PM
It's a pity he left us with a sour taste in our mouth about him. Gave us some good moments but he made his bed and now he lies in it. Will probably only be remembered for those ill-fated comments and his supposed falling out with NL.

Diclonius
06-08-2020, 02:49 PM

No chance.

Wilson
06-08-2020, 02:59 PM
Frankly there is no need to use that language to describe anyone.

Certainly isn't worth offending any rats!

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-08-2020, 03:00 PM
Hopefully he can look back and learn some lessons for his own sake. Now on to his third club after fall outs. If we get a slice of any sell on fee then for our own interest, I hope that he knuckles down.

HoboHarry
06-08-2020, 03:01 PM
Childish remark at best.

Jim44
06-08-2020, 03:05 PM
It's a pity he left us with a sour taste in our mouth about him. Gave us some good moments but he made his bed and now he lies in it. Will probably only be remembered for those ill-fated comments and his supposed falling out with NL.

From what I hear, it wasn’t only Lennon he fell out with......... fairly universally disliked throughout the club.

erin go bragh
06-08-2020, 03:12 PM
Plenty talent but a honking attitude . Plenty players with less talent will have better careers . Was going to say ,silly laddie but he’s all the man he is going to be at 25 .

PeeJay
06-08-2020, 03:23 PM
Sorry to see a pretty good player leave us - always looked forward to seeing him play. Wish him all the best
... Uf Wiederluege, Flo

LancsHibs
06-08-2020, 03:26 PM
Kamberi completes his ‘dream move’ to FC St.Gallen, he tells their fans “Since arriving back in Switzerland it has been my dream to play for St.Gallen”

J-C
06-08-2020, 03:36 PM
From what I hear, it wasn’t only Lennon he fell out with......... fairly universally disliked throughout the club.

:agree:
Dressing room is a far nicer place without him.

GRA
06-08-2020, 03:46 PM
He looked great during is initial loan spell. One he signed permanently he only showed in flashes what he was capable of. Very much a confidence player. After his despiration to suck up to The Rangers, despite it only being a panic stop-gap loan because of Defoe's injury, there was only one thing for him to do. BOLT!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Bostonhibby
06-08-2020, 03:52 PM

Flo was a sometimes excellent and sometimes frustrating player, animal he wasn't.[emoji106]

He's more to be pitied than scorned.

What we need is a proper pagger between a rat and a weasel to sort the bigger issue than Kamberi's time at Hibs and future career out.

I'd probably go for the weasel over 10 rounds.

CmoantheHibs
06-08-2020, 06:58 PM
[emoji106]

He's more to be pitied than scorned.

What we need is a proper pagger between a rat and a weasel to sort the bigger issue than Kamberi's time at Hibs and future career out.

I'd probably go for the weasel over 10 rounds.

:greengrin:greengrin Cmon the weasel

jacomo
06-08-2020, 07:07 PM

Lennon fell out with Jason Cummings, then Stokes, then Kamberi. I’m sure all three players were partly at fault, but still... a manager who keeps on falling out with his main striker is a bit of a concern.

J-C
06-08-2020, 07:18 PM
Lennon fell out with Jason Cummings, then Stokes, then Kamberi. I’m sure all three players were partly at fault, but still... a manager who keeps on falling out with his main striker is a bit of a concern.

Where is Cummings and Stokes now? Shrewsbury (div 1) and no club after travelling around middle east clubs. JC proved to be a bit of an arse off the pitch and Stokes we all know likes a bevvy and not the best trainer, I'm pretty sure any fallout was largely their own doing.

Doesn't seem to have any bother with any Celtic striker or any of the players apart from Leigh who can be his own worst enemy as we've seen.

Callyballybe
06-08-2020, 07:23 PM
Glad the whole episode is over now. A disappointing end to a promising start.

As long as we have at least recouped what we paid, happy to leave it there and move on.

jacomo
06-08-2020, 09:26 PM
Where is Cummings and Stokes now? Shrewsbury (div 1) and no club after travelling around middle east clubs. JC proved to be a bit of an arse off the pitch and Stokes we all know likes a bevvy and not the best trainer, I'm pretty sure any fallout was largely their own doing.

Doesn't seem to have any bother with any Celtic striker or any of the players apart from Leigh who can be his own worst enemy as we've seen.

Yeah fair enough. Just a bad run of bams then?

AgentDaleCooper
06-08-2020, 09:56 PM
i thank him for the good times, but i'm not sorry to see him go at all. seems like an ego we can do without :aok:

Greenbeard
06-08-2020, 10:06 PM

Flo was a sometimes excellent and sometimes frustrating player, animal he wasn't.

Chameleon

JOD
06-08-2020, 10:22 PM
Even forgetting all the stuff with sevco.
Remember all the I'm getting bullied by NL.
Good Riddance son maybe you grow up eventually.

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2020, 10:37 PM

Lennon proved to be pretty hopeless at replacing Stubbs team. Rightfully punted. Easiest job in the world at Celtic.

MWHIBBIES
06-08-2020, 10:39 PM
Even forgetting all the stuff with sevco.
Remember all the I'm getting bullied by NL.
Good Riddance son maybe you grow up eventually.

He can still have received unfair treatment from Lennon despite his hun comments, they aren't mutually exclusive.

Andy74
06-08-2020, 10:40 PM
Lennon proved to be pretty hopeless at replacing Stubbs team. Rightfully punted. Easiest job in the world at Celtic.

Total nonsense.

hibbysam
06-08-2020, 10:50 PM
Total nonsense.

Not sure it is. He had a great second half of the season when we came back up, but that midfield was always going to be broken up. Some would have you believe that lennon left us flying high, we were 8th in the league. And the job he’s had at Celtic has been fairly straight forward. Team was already strong and has had plenty money when he has needed to sign. Massive test of his mettle this season.

There’s no doubt his man management leaves something to be desired. Players are too soft, but there’s a balance to be struck.

J-C
07-08-2020, 06:05 AM

And you get that from my post how?

Nowhere did I say anything about replacing Stubbs team, it was about him falling out with players and not being all Lennon's fault and more than likely the fault of the players due their professionalism, similar to Kamberi.

He was punted for personal stuff at Hibs and nothing to do with his management style, he's a volatile character who goes over the top sometimes, this time it cost him his job, hence why there was no compensation and all hushed up for he papers. He probably knew Celtic wanted him back so wasn't too bothered.

sambajustice
07-08-2020, 06:15 AM
Not seen it mentioned, but only skimmed over the thread...

Rangers new striker has come from... St Gallen...

Cannot be a mere a coincidence surely?

Last Minute
07-08-2020, 07:24 AM

Where have you been the last few days ?

Keith_M
07-08-2020, 07:29 AM

Also, Hibs play in green and white... St Gallen play in green and white... and The Rangers hate teams that play in green and white.

Coincidence? I think not!

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 07:42 AM
Not sure it is. He had a great second half of the season when we came back up, but that midfield was always going to be broken up. Some would have you believe that lennon left us flying high, we were 8th in the league. And the job he’s had at Celtic has been fairly straight forward. Team was already strong and has had plenty money when he has needed to sign. Massive test of his mettle this season.

There’s no doubt his man management leaves something to be desired. Players are too soft, but there’s a balance to be struck.

Lennon has revitalised a Celtic team that was showing clear signs of growing stale towards the end of Rodgers reign. Rodgers Celtic team usually struggled against Lennons hibs team.

the 2018/19 season was undeniably disappointing as it was always going to be after ‘that’ midfield was decimated, and the promotion season of 16/17 was a tough slog at times, but I still remember lennons time here fondly.

Smartie
07-08-2020, 07:44 AM

None of them are exactly easy to manage.

Lennon’s most recent high profile spat with a striker has seen one of the country’s most talented players shape up in a big way.

He’s not perfect, but I don’t think Lennon should be criticised for not accepting mediocrity from obviously talented players.

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 07:47 AM

leaving aside the fact that humans are just another type of animal, I agree.

leave the horrible ‘vermin’ talk to the wee championship team over the road.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 07:49 AM
Total nonsense.

It's not nonsense. Improved goalie and one central defender. That's about it. Awful run of form, correctly removed.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 07:57 AM
And you get that from my post how?

Nowhere did I say anything about replacing Stubbs team, it was about him falling out with players and not being all Lennon's fault and more than likely the fault of the players due their professionalism, similar to Kamberi.

He was punted for personal stuff at Hibs and nothing to do with his management style, he's a volatile character who goes over the top sometimes, this time it cost him his job, hence why there was no compensation and all hushed up for he papers. He probably knew Celtic wanted him back so wasn't too bothered.
Folk are putting this all on Flo and pretending the sun shines out of Lennon's arse. He was a shambles in his last 3 months at Hibs. Blaming everyone and everything.

His comments about telling Parker not to celebrate against Celtic are just as unprofessional as anything Kamberi did. When you start getting up to 4 and 5 players who didn't get on with the manager, there starts to become a problem with the manager. Stubbs never had issues with Mcgeouch either, he's another one who doesn't like Lennon.

Flo definitely didn't help himself but he's a young man with a big ego. Lennons behaviour was poor. You only have to look at the celebrations after the St Mirren win, the first game after Lennon was punted, to see how much weight the players had lifted from them.

J-C
07-08-2020, 08:26 AM
Folk are putting this all on Flo and pretending the sun shines out of Lennon's arse. He was a shambles in his last 3 months at Hibs. Blaming everyone and everything.

His comments about telling Parker not to celebrate against Celtic are just as unprofessional as anything Kamberi did. When you start getting up to 4 and 5 players who didn't get on with the manager, there starts to become a problem with the manager. Stubbs never had issues with Mcgeouch either, he's another one who doesn't like Lennon.

Flo definitely didn't help himself but he's a young man with a big ego. Lennons behaviour was poor. You only have to look at the celebrations after the St Mirren win, the first game after Lennon was punted, to see how much weight the players had lifted from them.

Was this actually witnessed or confirmed or is it one of those .net fact like the £50K bid for Griffiths.

Lennon called out McGeouch as faking injury or it was all in his head, many people on here also questioned Dylan's injury problems and it was no surprise he played his best football at the end of his contract.

Kamberi fell out with his Grasshoppers coach and got his move, he then fell out with Lennon because he wasn't a team player. Lennon knew he was good but started showing it on fewer occasions, Lennon played him wide left where he'd played before at Grasshoppers but Flo went in the huff because he wanted to play through the middle and be centre of attention.

Lennon was a hard task manager, he called Hibs a boy band and wanted to see us being more ruthless, it frustrated him that we were so inconsistent and he knew we could be so much better, in fact we still are to this day, there's a soft centre to the team. His main problem at ER is he forgot he was just a head coach and stood on a few toes, he didn't like the scouting system which worked well for Stubbs and started bringing in his own players. As much as Efe was a good player and one of Lennon's signings, he peed off a lot of players due to the huge amount of leeway he got from Lennon and this was why a good few senior players didn't get on great with him, he had his favourites.

Since452
07-08-2020, 08:40 AM

Lennon is the luckiest manager in world football. Took over Hibs when we were at our highest ever ebb. Whole club riding a wave of euphoria. Ian Cathro would have won that Championship with a chronic Dundee United our only real threat . Even then Lennon made hard work of it with 15/16 draws I think. Then he leaves us 8th and toiling in the Premiership for the easiest job in world football at Celtic. Lucky *****er. Anyway it's been done to death.

we are hibs
07-08-2020, 08:44 AM
Was this actually witnessed or confirmed or is it one of those .net fact like the £50K bid for Griffiths.

Lennon called out McGeouch as faking injury or it was all in his head, many people on here also questioned Dylan's injury problems and it was no surprise he played his best football at the end of his contract.

Kamberi fell out with his Grasshoppers coach and got his move, he then fell out with Lennon because he wasn't a team player. Lennon knew he was good but started showing it on fewer occasions, Lennon played him wide left where he'd played before at Grasshoppers but Flo went in the huff because he wanted to play through the middle and be centre of attention.

Lennon was a hard task manager, he called Hibs a boy band and wanted to see us being more ruthless, it frustrated him that we were so inconsistent and he knew we could be so much better, in fact we still are to this day, there's a soft centre to the team. His main problem at ER is he forgot he was just a head coach and stood on a few toes, he didn't like the scouting system which worked well for Stubbs and started bringing in his own players. As much as Efe was a good player and one of Lennon's signings, he peed off a lot of players due to the huge amount of leeway he got from Lennon and this was why a good few senior players didn't get on great with him, he had his favourites.

Called hibs a boyband then tried to fit Hyndman and Mallan in the same midfield. Two players who epitomise that.

J-C
07-08-2020, 08:53 AM
Called hibs a boyband then tried to fit Hyndman and Mallan in the same midfield. Two players who epitomise that.

2 players we knew already and unfortunately trying to make a quick fix but 2 players so similar it would never work. Not saying I thought Lennon was a great/good manager, but decidedly average and made mistakes that he didn't learn from.

Wilson
07-08-2020, 09:04 AM
leaving aside the fact that humans are just another type of animal, I agree.

leave the horrible ‘vermin’ talk to the wee championship team over the road.

Rat (informal) an unpleasant person perceived as disloyal

Seems to fit well enough for me.

If he behaves like a rat then call him a rat.

mjhibby
07-08-2020, 09:05 AM
None of them are exactly easy to manage.

Lennon’s most recent high profile spat with a striker has seen one of the country’s most talented players shape up in a big way.

He’s not perfect, but I don’t think Lennon should be criticised for not accepting mediocrity from obviously talented players.

As with everything in life just now we seem to need to take sides. Lennon imho was good and bad in equal measure. Good in that he got players to believe in themselves but bad that he didn’t know what to do when it went wrong. Unfortunately calling out players seems lennons way so it is what is. He does seem to fall out with players a lot. Not our concern now.

mjhibby
07-08-2020, 09:08 AM

Agreed but good managers take players with them.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 09:23 AM

Lennon literally said it. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-reveals-celtic-telling-14107763

Dylan played his best football every time he was fit. Excellent player throughout his 4 years with us. It was nothing to do with his contract ending. If he was having psychological issues he should've received support, not accusations of faking injury and Lennon trying to sell him. Lennon especially should know all about mental health issues. The questioning of Dylan and saying he was faking injury was very poor, on here and by Lennon.

Thats all just speculation. Did he fall out with Lennon because he wasn't a team player? Where are the quotes on that one? More speculation.

He called Hibs a boy band in reference to the team he played against in 2005. Not the one that won the cup. Stubbs team had plenty of balls.

His problem at Easter Road was signing 4 poor/average players for every good one. He made the team soft again, he made us lose at home to Hearts, lost late goals to St Johnstone etc. It was Stubbs guys, McGinn, Bartley, McGregor etc who made us tough and harder to beat.

Since452
07-08-2020, 10:05 AM
Lennon literally said it. https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-lennon-reveals-celtic-telling-14107763

Dylan played his best football every time he was fit. Excellent player throughout his 4 years with us. It was nothing to do with his contract ending. If he was having psychological issues he should've received support, not accusations of faking injury and Lennon trying to sell him. Lennon especially should know all about mental health issues. The questioning of Dylan and saying he was faking injury was very poor, on here and by Lennon.

Thats all just speculation. Did he fall out with Lennon because he wasn't a team player? Where are the quotes on that one? More speculation.

He called Hibs a boy band in reference to the team he played against in 2005. Not the one that won the cup. Stubbs team had plenty of balls.

His problem at Easter Road was signing 4 poor/average players for every good one. He made the team soft again, he made us lose at home to Hearts, lost late goals to St Johnstone etc. It was Stubbs guys, McGinn, Bartley, McGregor etc who made us tough and harder to beat.

Signed Hyndman, Swanson, Gauld, Rherras, Agyepong, Nelom deary me. That's a throwback to 2010-2014 powderpuff Hibs. Even his best signing Mallan gets pelters for not being able to tackle

CapitalGreen
07-08-2020, 10:12 AM
2 players we knew already and unfortunately trying to make a quick fix but 2 players so similar it would never work. Not saying I thought Lennon was a great/good manager, but decidedly average and made mistakes that he didn't learn from.

Why was it a quick fix? Lennon would have known for a year that McGinn would leave in the summer of 2018 and would have known for about 6 months McGeouch wouldn’t be signing. It only required a quick fix because he’d failed miserably in planning for their departure and finding suitable replacement.

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2020, 10:15 AM

What a load of crap.

The best football I’ve seen at ER in years was under Lennon. He had the place bouncing.

Then we got Heckingbottom......

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 10:15 AM

i loved Stubbs team but in the afterglow of winning the Scottish cup it’s easy to forget the numerous bottle jobs in the years leading up to that success.

lennon did not make us lose at home to Hearts. The game in December 2018 was a tight contest that we shaded. We lost because of a hearts wonder goal and an unlucky hibs effort that cannoned off the post and rolled along the line. Overall, lennons teams were great in derbies.

J-C
07-08-2020, 10:16 AM
Why was it a quick fix? Lennon would have known for a year that McGinn would leave in the summer of 2018 and would have known for about 6 months McGeouch wouldn’t be signing. It only required a quick fix because he’d failed miserably in planning for their departure and finding suitable replacement.

I agree, aa good as Lennon could be, he was also just as bad and stubborn with it.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 11:03 AM
i loved Stubbs team but in the afterglow of winning the Scottish cup it’s easy to forget the numerous bottle jobs in the years leading up to that success.

lennon did not make us lose at home to Hearts. The game in December 2018 was a tight contest that we shaded. We lost because of a hearts wonder goal and an unlucky hibs effort that cannoned off the post and rolled along the line. Overall, lennons teams were great in derbies.What bottle jobs? The falkirk promotion playoff? Otherwise Stubbs bottled very little. League cup final with 3 vital players missing and against a top flight team? No chance.

Lennon was where the derby record started to go south again. Knocked out the cup by them, wrong team costing us second place, beat at home for the first time in over 4 years by them. He won 1 of his last 5 derbies.

What a load of crap.

The best football I’ve seen at ER in years was under Lennon. He had the place bouncing.

Then we got Heckingbottom......Yeah, it was definitely bouncing when he won 2 of his last 14 league games.

Signed Hyndman, Swanson, Gauld, Rherras, Agyepong, Nelom deary me. That's a throwback to 2010-2014 powderpuff Hibs. Even his best signing Mallan gets pelters for not being able to tackle

His 2 best were Rocky and Ambrose. Otherwise it was like for like or downgrades.

J-C
07-08-2020, 11:05 AM

It's amazing how you've taken a comment about Lennon and 3 strikers he's fell out with and suddenly it's a whole new thread about Lennon and his whole management style, you can be very tiresome at times. :rolleyes:

He called them boyband after the semi defeat to Aberdeen in 2017
https://news.stv.tv/sport/1386463-lennon-blasts-boyband-hibernian-players-after-cup-defeat?top

His problem was using players he knew and using his contacts instead of using the scouting system that worked with Stubbs, he doesn't have a good eye for a player. I was no fan of Lennon but accept he had high expectations from his players and fell out with the ones who didn't step up, he's at a club now where he can do no wrong and it suits him.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 11:15 AM
It's amazing how you've taken a comment about Lennon and 3 strikers he's fell out with and suddenly it's a whole new thread about Lennon and his whole management style, you can be very tiresome at times. :rolleyes:

He called them boyband after the semi defeat to Aberdeen in 2017
https://news.stv.tv/sport/1386463-lennon-blasts-boyband-hibernian-players-after-cup-defeat?top

His problem was using players he knew and using his contacts instead of using the scouting system that worked with Stubbs, he doesn't have a good eye for a player. I was no fan of Lennon but accept he had high expectations from his players and fell out with the ones who didn't step up, he's at a club now where he can do no wrong and it suits him.

Dont reply if you find me tiresome, otherwise keep it on topic. Kamberi/Stokes/Cummings aren't blamless but Lennon is the common theme. He causes issues as much as those players.

Oh yes, the Aberdeen semi, one of his finest tactical disasters. Jason up front on his own :faf:

The boyband stuff is utter nonsense and doesn't stand up at all. Maybe in 2005 when we would beat the old firm then lose away at Inverness every time but not in the 3 or 4 years before that semi. Its just rubbish. Boyband soft teams don't win the cup in the way did. He initally said it when he joined, right after we beat Rangers to win the cup. He then said it again after losing a semi final sighting us being 2-0 down which was 90% his fault. He got it desperately wrong. If Holt had started we'd have won that game comfortably. We aboslutely battered Aberdeen when he came on. He never once took any responsibility for his own glaring failures. Even after his sacking he had all his pals in the media sticking the boot into Hibs.

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 11:28 AM
What bottle jobs? The falkirk promotion playoff? Otherwise Stubbs bottled very little. League cup final with 3 vital players missing and against a top flight team? No chance.

Lennon was where the derby record started to go south again. Knocked out the cup by them, wrong team costing us second place, beat at home for the first time in over 4 years by them. He won 1 of his last 5 derbies.

Yeah, it was definitely bouncing when he won 2 of his last 14 league games.

His 2 best were Rocky and Ambrose. Otherwise it was like for like or downgrades.

please. The Ross County final was classic Hibs.

battered them, yet we looked like falling to pieces every time they attacked. Cup double opportunity thrown away.

stantonhibby
07-08-2020, 11:32 AM
What bottle jobs? The falkirk promotion playoff? Otherwise Stubbs bottled very little. League cup final with 3 vital players missing and against a top flight team? No chance.

Yeah, it was definitely bouncing when he won 2 of his last 14 league games.

Surely to be in with a chance of 2nd with two games to go is deserving of credit?

As ever on here everything is so black & white. Stubbs is a legend but also had his crap spells with defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton for example.
Lennon also had some great results v Hearts.....pretty sure the 3-1 is the first time we'd beaten them by more than 1 goal at ER for ages.

You don't need to reply to this as you'll prob just make stuff up and/or argue me into submission. (Ps....yeah I know, stay on topic)

J-C
07-08-2020, 11:33 AM
Dont reply if you find me tiresome, otherwise keep it on topic. Kamberi/Stokes/Cummings aren't blamless but Lennon is the common theme. He causes issues as much as those players.

Oh yes, the Aberdeen semi, one of his finest tactical disasters. Jason up front on his own :faf:

The boyband stuff is utter nonsense and doesn't stand up at all. Maybe in 2005 when we would beat the old firm then lose away at Inverness every time but not in the 3 or 4 years before that semi. Its just rubbish. Boyband soft teams don't win the cup in the way did. He initally said it when he joined, right after we beat Rangers to win the cup. He then said it again after losing a semi final sighting us being 2-0 down which was 90% his fault. He got it desperately wrong. If Holt had started we'd have won that game comfortably. We aboslutely battered Aberdeen when he came on. He never once took any responsibility for his own glaring failures. Even after his sacking he had all his pals in the media sticking the boot into Hibs.

You took it off ****ing topic. My reply was about Lennon and 3 particular strikers he's fallen out with and my reply was those 3 strikers more than likely caused the fall out due to their attitudes. You then jumped in and made the whole thread about Lennon, his whole management style and players he's signed etc, we've discussed Lennon to death on here and quite frankly it's bloody boring, move on.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 11:34 AM

battered them, yet we looked like falling to pieces every time they attacked. Cup double opportunity thrown away.

We had Hanlon, Fyvie and McGeouch missing. That meant we really struggled to get out from the back and had to play a lot of long balls because Bartley couldn't do that role in front of the back 4. Had those guys been fit, we'd have skooshed it. County weren't a bad side then, they finished 6th and had beaten Celtic in the semi.

I don't think losing to a team in the league above is a bottle job, especially with those players injured. Considering we've won 10 major trophies in our clubs history, its a bit of a nonsense to say we threw it away. That season was a big win.

J-C
07-08-2020, 11:35 AM
Surely to be in with a chance of 2nd with two games to go is deserving of credit?

As ever on here everything is so black & white. Stubbs is a legend but also had his crap spells with defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton for example.
Lennon also had some great results v Hearts.....pretty sure the 3-1 is the first time we'd beaten them by more than 1 goal at ER for ages.

You don't need to reply to this as you'll prob just make stuff up and/or argue me into submission. (Ps....yeah I know, stay on topic)

:faf::faf:

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 11:37 AM
You took it off ****ing topic. My reply was about Lennon and 3 particular strikers he's fallen out with and my reply was those 3 strikers more than likely caused the fall out due to their attitudes. You then jumped in and made the whole thread about Lennon, his whole management style and players he's signed etc, we've discussed Lennon to death on here and quite frankly it's bloody boring, move on.

Ooft, calm down bud.

So basically you spoke about Lennon and I replied about Lennon? Every Lennon fall out can be explained when you look at them individually. When you actually take a step back and realise the amount of people he fell out with, including our CEO (does she have an attitude problem?) you realise he is the problem.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 11:41 AM

Yes, of course he deserves credit for that. Everyone gives him credit for that season.

Yeah, the defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton weren't great but the squad he inherited must be considered. Also his first job in management. Horrible pitches to go to etc. I think Stubbs time was up but the work he done in turning the club around, signing players, cup runs etc was incredible. He doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for the work he done outside of the 21st of May.

Stubbs beat Hearts 2-0. Farid and Cummings.

What exactly have I made up?

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 11:56 AM
So anyway.... bye Flo :greengrin

WhileTheChief..
07-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Yeah, it was definitely bouncing when he won 2 of his last 14 league games. .

There weren’t many folk questioning Lennon at the time. Folk were blaming the crap transfer window and asking about the McGinn money.

There’s not been a game at ER since he left with the same kinda atmosphere we had when he was here.

Heckingbottom was a disaster and if it hadn’t been for Kamberi, Lennon would have seen the season out, or at least until the Celtic job came up and we’d have got some compo instead of paying him off.

cabbageandribs1875
07-08-2020, 12:03 PM

that league cup should have been ours, i often wonder if in losing that final it made the players even more determined to win our next final

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 12:03 PM
There weren’t many folk questioning Lennon at the time. Folk were blaming the crap transfer window and asking about the McGinn money.

There’s not been a game at ER since he left with the same kinda atmosphere we had when he was here.

Heckingbottom was a disaster and if it hadn’t been for Kamberi, Lennon would have seen the season out, or at least until the Celtic job came up and we’d have got some compo instead of paying him off.

There definitely were folk questioning Lennon. and his crap transfer window.

Kamberi didn't get Lennon sacked. He should've got rid of Flo if he was such a problem. Instead, he played him every week and we kept losing.

Of course Hecky was a disaster. So was Lennon that season.

Keith_M
07-08-2020, 12:21 PM
At the beginning of season 2018/19, Hibs were on a decent run of games, culminating in a 6-0 win at home to Hamilton. We then went to Celtc Park and, despite playing quite well, we lost 4-2.

After that game, Lennon made some uncomplimentary comments about the standard of players he was able to sign at Hibs (the word 'rejects' was used). It felt like being beat by Celtc had really affected him and he was making excuses (none were needed, Celtc were just very good)

That was the point that Lennon appeared to lose interest at Hibs and the only time he really seemed up for it before he left was when we next played Celtc at home and beat them 2-0 (after a rather drab 1-0 win to Hamilton).

The next five games weren't against his beloved Celtc and we failed to win a single one of them. After he left, we moved up from 8th to 5th.

Make of that what you will.

stantonhibby
07-08-2020, 12:21 PM
Yes, of course he deserves credit for that. Everyone gives him credit for that season.

Yeah, the defeats to Alloa and Dumbarton weren't great but the squad he inherited must be considered. Also his first job in management. Horrible pitches to go to etc. I think Stubbs time was up but the work he done in turning the club around, signing players, cup runs etc was incredible. He doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for the work he done outside of the 21st of May.

Stubbs beat Hearts 2-0. Farid and Cummings.

What exactly have I made up?

Ah...right enough on the Hearts result...maybe it was 3 goals against them.

Listen, you're leaning on an open door with me on Stubbs, by and large he was a great manager for us. I was just pointing out for the sake of balance that he had some guff results/spells.

Re making stuff up.......in one of your many digs at Mallan you said that Morton had walked all over a midfield of Mallan & Vela. The midfield that day was Slivka & Vela. I'd say that was made up. Suited your argument that Mallan is rubbish and Slivka was good though.

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 12:26 PM
Ah...right enough on the Hearts result...maybe it was 3 goals against them.

Listen, you're leaning on an open door with me on Stubbs, by and large he was a great manager for us. I was just pointing out for the sake of balance that he had some guff results/spells.

Re making stuff up.......in one of your many digs at Mallan you said that Morton had walked all over a midfield of Mallan & Vela. The midfield that day was Slivka & Vela. I'd say that was made up. Suited your argument that Mallan is rubbish and Slivka was good though.

Absolutely certain I've never said that. I actually wasn't at that match because I was seeing the Foo Fighters in Glasgow so I doubt I mentioned it as an example. I've only ever seen goal highlights from that game. If you can find me the post, be my guest. Otherwise, it isn't me making stuff up...

Just looked up, Slivka got 2 assists that day. Don't think I've have missed that if I was mentioning his quality...

Pagan Hibernia
07-08-2020, 12:48 PM
that league cup should have been ours, i often wonder if in losing that final it made the players even more determined to win our next final

I wonder that too. Could well be.

i do know that as frustrating as it was at the time (and it still annoys me now), that experience, and the Falkirk playoff, just made 21st May even sweeeter

stantonhibby
07-08-2020, 12:59 PM
Absolutely certain I've never said that. I actually wasn't at that match because I was seeing the Foo Fighters in Glasgow so I doubt I mentioned it as an example. I've only ever seen goal highlights from that game. If you can find me the post, be my guest. Otherwise, it isn't me making stuff up...

Just looked up, Slivka got 2 assists that day. Don't think I've have missed that if I was mentioning his quality...

This was your post from the 13th Jun on the summer transfer thread........fair enough I didn't get it quite right however you're clearly implying Mallan & Vela were rubbish against Morton. Mallan wasn't even on the bench that day.

Na. That midfield would be much better than what we had. Not good enough still but a big improvement on Mallan and Vela. That midfield easily strolled the United and ICT cup ties and would be fine against the lower half of the league. Mallan and Vela needed extra time against Morton.

Greenbeard
07-08-2020, 01:02 PM
Has Kamberi really gone? Wouldn't know it reading the last page or two!

MWHIBBIES
07-08-2020, 01:08 PM
Has Kamberi really gone? Wouldn't know it reading the last page or two!Read the opening post or the offical website, they'll fill you in :aok:

This was your post from the 13th Jun on the summer transfer thread........fair enough I didn't get it quite right however you're clearly implying Mallan & Vela were rubbish against Morton. Mallan wasn't even on the bench that day.

Na. That midfield would be much better than what we had. Not good enough still but a big improvement on Mallan and Vela. That midfield easily strolled the United and ICT cup ties and would be fine against the lower half of the league. Mallan and Vela needed extra time against Morton.

Yeah, right enough. Definitely shows that I wasn't at the game that day. Will do a better job of backing myself in future.

I don't have some crusade against Mallan, though. I just don't think he is good enough based on the 2 years he's been here.