PDA

View Full Version : Happy birthday hibernian football club: 145 years old today

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2020, 05:39 AM
The Harp Awakes:

Hibernian Football Club was co-founded on this day on 6th August 1875 by Canon Edward Joseph Hannan of St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church, Cowgate, Edinburgh and Michael Whelahan of the Catholic Young Men’s Society attached to St Patrick’s

Many Happy Returns

Who are we playing to celebrate 150 years?

:partyhibb

Since452
06-08-2020, 05:50 AM
The Harp Awakes:

Hibernian Football Club was co-founded on this day on 6th August 1875 by Canon Edward Joseph Hannan of St Patrick’s Roman Catholic Church, Cowgate, Edinburgh and Michael Whelahan of the Catholic Young Men’s Society attached to St Patrick’s

Many Happy Returns

We should play The Rangers to coincide with their big 13th birthday

The Harp
06-08-2020, 05:51 AM
Wells done BllyHibs and Happy Birthday Hibernian. Not looking bad for 145 years eh.

Still wanting that plaque on the wall, of what was St Mary's Street Halls, maybe for our 150th Anniversary? The Club deserve it.

God Bless the Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2020, 05:52 AM
:greengrin

FilipinoHibs
06-08-2020, 06:30 AM
Happy Birthday to our beloved Hibernian FC. To all that have played, supported and kept the club going, thank you.

Just_Jimmy
06-08-2020, 07:25 AM
I remember the programme from Dundee game for the 125th.

20 years. Jeese...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

G15 Hibs
06-08-2020, 07:32 AM
Happy birthday me (slightly younger than 145).

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2020, 07:50 AM
I remember the Centenary Match. Dave Mackay brought English Champions Derby County to Easter Road on a hot summer’s night . Derby won 1-0 the only goal of the game being scored by Bruce Rioch

Greenbeard
06-08-2020, 08:06 AM
The Harp Awakes:

Many Happy Returns

6 Aug 2025 falls on a Wednesday so it will be a Champions League qualifier.
Malta Hibs would be ideal!

DaveF
06-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Happy Birthday to our beloved Hibernian FC. To all that have played, supported and kept the club going, thank you.

Well said. Happy Birthday Hibernian FC.

surreyhibbie
06-08-2020, 08:24 AM
I remember the Centenary Match. Dave Mackay brought English Champions Derby County to Easter Road on a hot summer’s night . Derby won 1-0 the only goal of the game being scored by Bruce Rioch

I was there, couldn't remember the score though.

Still got my Centenary tie, everyone in the Musselburgh Hibs SC got one.

Happy Birthday Hibs!

Pagan Hibernia
06-08-2020, 09:16 AM
A day to remember the courage, vision and charity of our founders.

happy birthday Hibs.

Keith_M
06-08-2020, 09:35 AM

DarlingtonHibee
06-08-2020, 09:46 AM
A day to remember the courage, vision and charity of our founders.

happy birthday Hibs.

And still a grand old team to play for 😊

06-08-2020, 09:48 AM

Bit presumptuous to think they'll still exist in 5 years time. 😄

weecounty hibby
06-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Thank you to Cannon Hannan and Michael Whelahan. Without you there would have been no Hibs and I dread to think what I would be doing on a Saturday if you hadn't made Hibernian. Happy birthday Hibs. Another Scottish cup would be a good birthday present

Feed McGraw
06-08-2020, 12:08 PM
I remember the Centenary Match. Dave Mackay brought English Champions Derby County to Easter Road on a hot summer’s night . Derby won 1-0 the only goal of the game being scored by Bruce Rioch Do you think that was played on a weeknight Billy ? I was at the game, can`t remember too much about it, but the reason I asked about a weeknight was that all the Derby players were up at Walkers disco/nightclub after the match which makes me think it was a Saturday. Me and my pals got to meet quite a few of the players - some really big names, including of course Archie Gemmill. Incidentally, Des Bremner used to go to Walkers ( later Fagans) in those days too on a Saturday night, he had a pal called Sean a young Irish guy ( Ha, we were all young) who was on Hibs books at the time, can`t remember his surname and don`t think he ever played for the first team.

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2020, 12:11 PM
Do you think that was played on a weeknight Billy ? I was at the game, can`t remember too much about it, but the reason I asked about a weeknight was that all the Derby players were up at Walkers disco/nightclub after the match which makes me think it was a Saturday. Me and my pals got to meet quite a few of the players - some really big names, including of course Archie Gemmill. Incidentally, Des Bremner used to go to Walkers ( later Fagans) in those days too on a Saturday night, he had a pal called Sean a young Irish guy ( Ha, we were all young) who was on Hibs books at the time, can`t remember his surname and don`t think he ever played for the first team.
Monday 4th August 1975

Feed McGraw
06-08-2020, 12:15 PM
Monday 4th August 1975 Never expected a Monday ! I can only presume it was the Saturday before the match then, I can`t see them hanging about till the next weekend ! :greengrin

Feed McGraw
06-08-2020, 12:17 PM
Anyone else in Walkers the night the English champions were in ? :greengrin

DaveSo
06-08-2020, 12:36 PM

My first ever Hibs game. Right down the front wall at the half way line.
And it was a cracking sunny evening.
I remember I got to wear my Hibs strip with no jacket required !

My dad recalls the game was crap though !

1 8 7 5
06-08-2020, 12:40 PM
Happy Birthday Hibernian FC
Heres to another 145yrs. :flag:

Quite an achievement in the bigotted cesspit that is Scottish Fitba.

Pagan Hibernia
06-08-2020, 12:48 PM
Happy Birthday Hibernian FC
Heres to another 145yrs. :flag:

Quite an achievement in the bigotted cesspit that is Scottish Fitba.

they’ve tried to kill us off a few times but we’re still here!

1 8 7 5
06-08-2020, 12:51 PM
they’ve tried to kill us off a few times but we’re still here!

Exactly Pagan :agree:

We're still here. Stronger than ever.

BILLYHIBS
06-08-2020, 09:58 PM
My first ever Hibs game. Right down the front wall at the half way line.
And it was a cracking sunny evening.
I remember I got to wear my Hibs strip with no jacket required !

My dad recalls the game was crap though !

Yip! Wasn’t the best IIRC

Still got the programme somewhere and it was the first season of the brand new top ten the Premier League

Pretty Boy
06-08-2020, 10:12 PM
I can't imagine when our founding fathers formed a team from members of the CYMS they could have envisaged that we would be closing in on the 150th anniversary of Hibernian as a club. Given the hostility faced in our formative years they may regard it as a miracle.

I know there are more pressing matters to attend to at the momebt but as and when it becomes possible we should be planning for a 150th birthday celebration to remember. Hibs have a wonderful history and a present to be proud of and we should be looking to show that off. As a club we mean so much to so many people and a year of celebration to pay homage to our past and look to the future is a must.