PDA

View Full Version : Liam Fontaine

Irish_Steve
03-08-2020, 06:35 PM
Just watching the build up for the Ross County/Motherwell game on Sky and noticed that Liam wasn't listed as playing or on the subs bench.

So I checked Wiki to see if he was still at the club and learned two things

He played 3 games on loan at Killie in 2004 (nearly ten yrs before he signed for us)

His full name is Liam Vaughan Henry Fontaine - surely that has to be the poshest name of anyone who played for us lol

Pretty Boy
03-08-2020, 06:38 PM
Legend.

I remember being at his debut v Alloa and he really struggled. He was like Bambi on ice. He done not bad after that.

I was surprised he got such a muted reception on his return to ER last season.

Billy Whizz
03-08-2020, 06:38 PM
He must be injured, as he’s their captain

EAZY-ME
03-08-2020, 06:40 PM
I had no idea he played for killie..... was a fantastic player for us

B.H.F.C
03-08-2020, 06:44 PM
Legend.

I remember being at his debut v Alloa and he really struggled. He was like Bambi on ice. He done not bad after that.

Aye, I thought the same. When you compare it to the reception the likes of Bartley got. Thought Fontaine was a big part of the rebuilding of the club.

MWHIBBIES
03-08-2020, 07:42 PM
Legend.

Pretty sure his debut was a league cup tie vs Dumbarton.

That Alloa game is a bad memory. I was pretty worried for us after that.

EI255
03-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Would Ross County, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock or Hamilton etc really notice any difference if socially distanced crowds are allowed from mid September? It'll feel just like any other season. Probably a plus for them.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

J-C
03-08-2020, 07:49 PM
I had no idea he played for killie..... was a fantastic player for us

I think he met his missus when he was at Killie, hence why he moved to us and stayed up here at County.

Sir David Gray
03-08-2020, 08:45 PM
I've known for a while that he played for Kilmarnock but I do remember thinking at the time that I couldn't remember him playing for them.

jacomo
03-08-2020, 09:53 PM
Would Ross County, St Johnstone, Kilmarnock or Hamilton etc really notice any difference if socially distanced crowds are allowed from mid September? It'll feel just like any other season. Probably a plus for them.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

I’ve resolved to be as understanding and kind to other Scottish football clubs as possible this season. In that spirit, I would like to applaud the fans of all the clubs mentioned above and I hope that their crowds swell when normal service resumes.

1van Sprou7e
04-08-2020, 10:19 AM
Legend.

Was that his first game back at ER? Thought he would have returned earlier, maybe other thought the same hence the muted reception

O'Rourke3
04-08-2020, 10:33 AM
Was that his first game back at ER? Thought he would have returned earlier, maybe other thought the same hence the muted receptionThe first home game he was injured and was sitting with the injured Hibees in the centre stand

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lendo
04-08-2020, 01:39 PM
Got chatting to him and Grant Holt one evening when the players were on a Christmas night out. Seemed like a genuinely nice guy and ended up hang about talking to us after all the other players had moved on to the next bar.