Remember Sportscene is back on Saturday nights :thumbsup:

It's on BBC Scotland at 7.30:aok:

erin go bragh
01-08-2020, 06:29 PM

Great shout 👍

01-08-2020, 06:46 PM
Expecting Craig Gordon to critcise Rocky for the Killie goal. We'll see if he can keep his Jamboness in check and give a decent pundits view on it. Don't have a problem if questions if Rocky could have done better but will see if he goes overboard because it's us.

Lago
01-08-2020, 06:48 PM
Good to see football back, but without fans it sucks.

erin go bragh
01-08-2020, 06:49 PM
Expecting Craig Gordon to critcise Rocky for the Killie goal. We'll see if he can keep his Jamboness in check and give a decent pundits view on it or if he goes overboard because it's us.

Quite a few jambos not happy that Gordon is on sportscene but as he is at a championship club , he has to try and up his wages somehow.

01-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Quite a few jambos not happy that Gordon is on sportscene but as he is at a championship club , he has to try and up his wages somehow.

😀

Just showed Doncaster at the Dundee United game.
Probably free hospitality courtesy of United as a thank you. 😀

The 90+2
01-08-2020, 06:57 PM
😀

Just showed Doncaster at the Dundee United game.
Probably free hospitality courtesy of United as a thank you. 😀

Well deserved.

hibee_girl
01-08-2020, 07:01 PM
We're on now :aok:

erin go bragh
01-08-2020, 07:01 PM
F s Helen Chamberlain is no aging well 😉😁

calumhibee1
01-08-2020, 07:15 PM
CG very fair there

hibee_girl
01-08-2020, 07:16 PM
CG very fair there

:agree:

Was just about to post the same

Ryan91
01-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Gordon giving majority of credit to Burke, but does say felt that 4 in the wall would be better, not slating Rocky

delbert
01-08-2020, 07:21 PM
Expecting Craig Gordon to critcise Rocky for the Killie goal. We'll see if he can keep his Jamboness in check and give a decent pundits view on it. Don't have a problem if questions if Rocky could have done better but will see if he goes overboard because it's us.

And he was correct to criticise him, it was a dreadfully set up defensive wall against a guy who has blasted them in from distance for years. However nice to see Jamboscene getting a nice balance with two people with connections to a new championship club coming on to comment on the top flight, gives Gordon something to aspire to. As per normal Sutherland also missed a trick when asking about the Killie keeper rushing out for the first goal as of course Gordon’s speciality in that situation is to try to decapitate the onrushing forward while pretending to be interested in the ball.

LaMotta
01-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Gordon giving majority of credit to Burke, but does say felt that 4 in the wall would be better, not slating Rocky

Fair analysis :agree:

hibsbollah
01-08-2020, 07:29 PM
It’s nice to see Craig has sorted out his dermatology issues. Totally spot free.

RoYO!
01-08-2020, 08:25 PM
And he was correct to criticise him, it was a dreadfully set up defensive wall against a guy who has blasted them in from distance for years. However nice to see Jamboscene getting a nice balance with two people with connections to a new championship club coming on to comment on the top flight, gives Gordon something to aspire to. As per normal Sutherland also missed a trick when asking about the Killie keeper rushing out for the first goal as of course Gordon’s speciality in that situation is to try to decapitate the onrushing forward while pretending to be interested in the ball.

If only he had shown that intent with a certain 'arry Kane.

01-08-2020, 08:31 PM

Yeah, I was wrong, his comments were fair. He hinted on the radio earlier that there was going to be a wee analysis piece on it. I was expecting a Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson inside the action segment.

Spike Mandela
01-08-2020, 10:34 PM
Thought it was a bit crap bringing up he's a Hearts player(we know) and then sarcastically talking about him following our progress. Do they do that with McCoist or Hartson?

He then goes on to talk about the semi final which is 3 months away ffs. Is he going to mention it every week?

Felt a bit like the way the patronising BBC radio presenters try to get performing monkey Preston to say something funny about Hibs.

They just wouldn't dare treat a Rangers or Celtic player like that. Pathetic.

Renfrew_Hibby
01-08-2020, 10:54 PM
Craig Gordon getting to analyse Hibs with full access to all the technology the BBC sports department has to offer for three months before the cup semi?

The 90+2
01-08-2020, 10:59 PM
Craig Gordon getting to analyse Hibs with full access to all the technology the BBC sports department has to offer for three months before the cup semi?

Craig Gordon is a good guy to be fair.

CMurdoch
01-08-2020, 11:03 PM
No Stewart and Thompson made for a boring show.
I like to be entertained by them, Strachan etc.
Most pundits are very po-faced. Football pundits without patter are poor fare.

SJNB Hibby
02-08-2020, 12:29 AM
If only he had shown that intent with a certain 'arry Kane.

Thanks for reminding us

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2020, 07:10 AM

I’m sure they’ve got the same (if not better technology) at the Uni? Anyway - he’s a goalie so what does he know about football?

Nicho87
02-08-2020, 07:34 AM
Jambo fest. Get Stewart back. Craig Gordon drab as hell. Don’t understand how you can have a player for a team of your main rivals but no one of a hibs background to even it up

JimBHibees
02-08-2020, 07:41 AM

Is he on every week or is this just a one off? Surely not every week on BBC jambo

green day
02-08-2020, 08:11 AM
Was a bit surprised that the highlights didnt catch the handball in the second half - was at the very least a talking point, surely?

Keith_M
02-08-2020, 08:27 AM
Was a bit surprised that the highlights didnt catch the handball in the second half - was at the very least a talking point, surely?

A clear penalty missed by the Ref?

Nah, why would they be interested...

1van Sprou7e
02-08-2020, 08:38 AM
On another note, that fake crowd noise they're pumping through the tannoys is horrendous, do we really need that?

Since452
02-08-2020, 08:54 AM
Craig Gordon came across well

green day
02-08-2020, 09:21 AM
A clear penalty missed by the Ref?

Nah, why would they be interested...

Sure it would be over analysed if it had happened at a Rangers / Celtic match.

On another note, that fake crowd noise they're pumping through the tannoys is horrendous, do we really need that?

I disagree, did you watch it at the beginning of the second with no mikes on? It was awful.

RyeSloan
02-08-2020, 09:39 AM
While happy it’s back on a Saturday it had a rather lacklustre / barebones feel.

They mentioned possessions stats and heat maps a couple of times but unless I blinked and missed them I didn’t see anything presented to the viewer along this ilk. No focus on particular players runs, touches or influence in any of the games. And no speed given for the Killie free kick etc etc etc. In other words I’d expect a football show in 2020 to be more than just a cobbled together section of bits of the game followed by bland unsupported comments from the pundits.

As for the pundits....Shelley Kerr is not someone I can really take to. She just seems a bit emotionless when talking about the game. Gordon was OK but again dull as dishwater. That said, as per the above, they weren’t really given much to work with when asked for their insights.

Dr What If?
02-08-2020, 09:53 AM
While happy it’s back on a Saturday it had a rather lacklustre / barebones feel.

They mentioned possessions stats and heat maps a couple of times but unless I blinked and missed them I didn’t see anything presented to the viewer along this ilk. No focus on particular players runs, touches or influence in any of the games. And no speed given for the Killie free kick etc etc etc. In other words I’d expect a football show in 2020 to be more than just a cobbled together section of bits of the game followed by bland unsupported comments from the pundits.

As for the pundits....Shelley Kerr is not someone I can really take to. She just seems a bit emotionless when talking about the game. Gordon was OK but again dull as dishwater. That said, as per the above, they weren’t really given much to work with when asked for their insights.
That is not a bad summary of the show, I would also add that there was a complete lack of chemistry between the pundits/presenters....made the whole thing rather one dimensional and just a bit boring. I guess it just wasn't much fun, its meant to be an entertainment programme.
TV footie is the biggest advert our game gets, it is how it gets into every livingroom in Scotland. If that is the best the BBC are prepared to put out then maybe there is an argument that giving the highlights to ITV, C4, etc. for free on the agreement that the spend big on the format may have a better longer term benefit for the clubs.

hibeejeebies
02-08-2020, 09:56 AM
As for the pundits....Shelley Kerr is not someone I can really take to. She just seems a bit emotionless when talking about the game.

She's a great laugh when she's had a drink.

02-08-2020, 12:01 PM

Give her a few vodkas in the green room beforehand then we might get a George Best on Wogan moment.

hibsbollah
02-08-2020, 12:11 PM

The said that about Chairman Mao. Doesn’t mean I want him on Sportscene.

Northernhibee
02-08-2020, 12:27 PM

Shelley Kerr called Kevin Nisbet “Nesbet” which is my new pet peeve.

Eyrie
02-08-2020, 12:55 PM

He was one of the top left wingers in his day though.

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2020, 01:15 PM
Shelley Kerr called Kevin Nisbet “Nesbet” which is my new pet peeve.

I clocked that as well although I’m wondering if it’s a weegie thing like how they say “wur” instead of “our”?

hibsbollah
02-08-2020, 01:16 PM
He was one of the top left wingers in his day though.

A ‘cultured’ left foot. Revolutionised the game and never lost the dressing room.

hibsbollah
02-08-2020, 01:19 PM
I clocked that as well although I’m wondering if it’s a weegie thing like how they say “wur” instead of “our”?

:agree: I think weegies just end up saying Nezbit, even when it’s spelt with an I. If you raise your top lip and speak through your nose everyone can sound like one.

tonyrougier123
02-08-2020, 01:41 PM
Anybody catch the hearts highlights?was a bit miffed why they never showed them.mind you only so much they can fit into one hour.diddy wee show!even got gordon in pfft!

hibsbollah
02-08-2020, 01:49 PM
Anybody catch the hearts highlights?was a bit miffed why they never showed them.mind you only so much they can fit into one hour.diddy wee show!even got gordon in pfft!

It was nice of them to allow Craig Gordon to take part in Sportscene with his converse Chuck Taylor's. If I was Anne Budge I would be getting all their players to boycott top level coverage. Real football doesn’t start for 2 weeks until the Famous lock horns with their lower league opponents. Arbroath away on the 24th will be a toughie also.

AgentDaleCooper
02-08-2020, 02:05 PM

to be fair, he was alright as long as you weren't a landlord.

AgentDaleCooper
02-08-2020, 02:06 PM
A ‘cultured’ left foot. Revolutionised the game and never lost the dressing room.

give or take few peasants...

Tambo
02-08-2020, 03:47 PM

Is it just me or does she remind you of the comedians name that's in all the Scottish comedy, lazy to google her name.

1van Sprou7e
02-08-2020, 03:51 PM
That is not a bad summary of the show, I would also add that there was a complete lack of chemistry between the pundits/presenters....made the whole thing rather one dimensional and just a bit boring. I guess it just wasn't much fun, its meant to be an entertainment programme.
TV footie is the biggest advert our game gets, it is how it gets into every livingroom in Scotland. If that is the best the BBC are prepared to put out then maybe there is an argument that giving the highlights to ITV, C4, etc. for free on the agreement that the spend big on the format may have a better longer term benefit for the clubs.

Agree, bit if an awkward feel to the whole thing and that presenter (forget his name) is a ****ing weirdo, get majorly creepy vibes from the guy

Sir David Gray
02-08-2020, 03:54 PM

:agree: I think weegies just end up saying Nezbit, even when it’s spelt with an I. If you raise your top lip and speak through your nose everyone can sound like one.

What about people from Broxburn? :greengrin

JimBHibees
02-08-2020, 03:59 PM

Or Polbeth? :greengrin

Hiber-nation
02-08-2020, 04:07 PM
Is it just me or does she remind you of the comedians name that's in all the Scottish comedy, lazy to google her name.

Not just you, her voice is like Karen Dunbar doing the lonely wifie in the wee shop selling the individual fruit trifles 😄

Danderhall Hibs
02-08-2020, 04:58 PM

The accent starts at Hermiston Gait and gets progressively worse so you’re not too far along the road :greengrin

The 90+2
02-08-2020, 05:01 PM
Shelly Kerr and Gordon both Jambos. Stays the same next week I’ll stick to the Sunday show.

mcohibs
02-08-2020, 07:17 PM
Is Steven Thompson the new host of the Sunday show? What happened to the other boy, Sutherland?

hibee_girl
02-08-2020, 07:24 PM
Is Steven Thompson the new host of the Sunday show? What happened to the other boy, Sutherland?

He’s on the Saturday show, Thompson does Sundays

Biggie
02-08-2020, 07:30 PM
Shelly Kerr and Gordon both Jambos. Stays the same next week I’ll stick to the Sunday show.

Bet its not for long mate....mcfadden reckoned our lad should have been sent off, but airfields challenge was OK. I thought airfield went in with 2 feet as well.

Tully
02-08-2020, 07:38 PM
Bet its not for long mate....mcfadden reckoned our lad should have been sent off, but airfields challenge was OK. I thought airfield went in with 2 feet as well.

Sent off for what

Biggie
02-08-2020, 07:49 PM
Sent off for what

sorry mate it was late on and in their analysis, they said this was a bit contentious....a challenge late on just outside our box....looked a nothing challenge to me.

erin go bragh
02-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Is he on every week or is this just a one off? Surely not every week on BBC jambo

Cmon , it’s the only way a Hearts player can get near the spfl. Thought the bearded lady done ok .

The 90+2
02-08-2020, 09:22 PM

I usually like Faddy too.

hibsbollah
02-08-2020, 09:32 PM
to be fair, he was alright as long as you weren't a landlord.

‘Time gentlemen please! And I mean permanently, comrades!’

hibsbollah
02-08-2020, 09:34 PM

Anything West of Edinburgh Airport is basically semi Weegie :agree:

The 90+2
02-08-2020, 09:37 PM
Anything West of Edinburgh Airport is basically semi Weegie :agree:

Correct 👍 it’s why I’m delighted my daughter and son was born at the ERI and not Livi (yes I am petty) 😃

ekhibee
02-08-2020, 10:35 PM
Last time I saw Craig Gordon commenting on Sportscene was years ago when he agreed with the referee who cancelled out Griffith's free kick that was clearly over the line in a derby game. I lost any kind of respect for Gordon after that, whether he's a good goalie or not.

KingPat4
02-08-2020, 10:41 PM
Watched it tonight. Thought it was total ******. Nothing has changed. Well, yes it has. More irritating than ever. FFS just copy MOTD.

KingPat4
02-08-2020, 10:42 PM
Last time I saw Craig Gordon commenting on Sportscene was years ago when he agreed with the referee who cancelled out Griffith's free kick that was clearly over the line in a derby game. I lost any kind of respect for Gordon after that, whether he's a good goalie or not.

Guy is a welt. Never forget the Dean Sheils penalty incident.

davhibby
02-08-2020, 10:47 PM
I think the pundits will be changing most weeks, the only thing that’ll be the same every week is Sutherland presenting on Saturday and Thompson on Sundays

mjhibby
03-08-2020, 12:33 AM

Agreed. To analyse in any depth takes time and planning and unless you get pundits who either know what they are talking about or get the editors to tee it up for them it will be the bland rubbish we get just now. Leenne Crichton I thought was actually ok on the sat afternoon show. Made some very good observations.

Scouse Hibee
03-08-2020, 04:33 AM

Yes.

Since452
03-08-2020, 07:08 AM
Steven Thompson shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans at his age

I'm going to give Sportscene a bit of credit. We get English football rammed down our throats and have been moaning about the lack of Scottish coverage so to get a results show and highlights show on Saturday and another show on Sunday is great. Fair play.

JimBHibees
03-08-2020, 07:23 AM
Didn't see theSaturday show but saw most of the Sunday one, didn't really like the inserted Manager comments when highlights were being shown. I know it isn't universal but personally thought the layout last season was very good with Sutherland presenting and Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson analysing. There seemed to be a bit of chemistry and banter between them and seemed more natural. Don't change was isn't broke imo. Is Stewart going to be seen again as he is by a distance the best pundit the game has or have Rangers banned him forever?

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2020, 07:38 AM
Didn't see theSaturday show but saw most of the Sunday one, didn't really like the inserted Manager comments when highlights were being shown. I know it isn't universal but personally thought the layout last season was very good with Sutherland presenting and Michael Stewart and Steven Thompson analysing. There seemed to be a bit of chemistry and banter between them and seemed more natural. Don't change was isn't broke imo. Is Stewart going to be seen again as he is by a distance the best pundit the game has or have Rangers banned him forever?

He was on bbc radio on Saturday (at our match) so not on a bbc ban - and I think he was on Celtic tv yesterday.

JimBHibees
03-08-2020, 07:40 AM
He was on bbc radio on Saturday (at our match) so not on a bbc ban - and I think he was on Celtic tv yesterday.

The Celtic connection will be the reason used now for not being on BBC as often.

hibee_girl
03-08-2020, 09:49 AM
Steven Thompson shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans at his age

I'm going to give Sportscene a bit of credit. We get English football rammed down our throats and have been moaning about the lack of Scottish coverage so to get a results show and highlights show on Saturday and another show on Sunday is great. Fair play.

It’s on again tonight too

soul_driver
03-08-2020, 10:54 AM

I agree. I haven't watched Sunday's show yet but watched Saturday nights show and I thought it was good. Pundits weren't the best (that'll change each week) but at least they gave pretty equal coverage to each game. I can't really see what else they can do to be honest.

03-08-2020, 11:39 AM

Didn't like the inserted comments either, thankfully they weren't on the Saturday show.

Danderhall Hibs
03-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Didn't like the inserted comments either, thankfully they weren't on the Saturday show.

I think they’re just trying to make the Sunday show different to the Saturday show.

hibee_girl
07-08-2020, 11:38 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53683603

Michael Stewart back on Saturday night

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2020, 11:56 AM
Craig Gordon again 🥱

HibbyAndy
07-08-2020, 12:30 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53683603

Michael Stewart back on Saturday night

Good :aok:

Since452
07-08-2020, 02:26 PM
Craig Gordon again 🥱

Thought he came across well but yeah he's as dull as dishwater

Peevemor
07-08-2020, 05:27 PM
Thought he came across well but yeah he's as dull as dishwater*ditchwater

(sorry, can't help myself)

Billy Whizz
07-08-2020, 05:34 PM
Craig Gordon again 🥱

He’s not got anything else to do

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2020, 08:15 PM
Thought he came across well but yeah he's as dull as dishwater

Dull, no personality and he’s a goalie so what does he know about football?

Danderhall Hibs
07-08-2020, 08:16 PM
He’s not got anything else to do

Let him sit there then but no questions directed towards him.

hibee_girl
08-08-2020, 06:32 PM
Our game up first :aok:

Gatecrasher
I like the new opening, it’s like a sticker album.

Jones28
Mickey Stewart back in the studio thank ****

Jones28
08-08-2020, 06:42 PM
No sign of the Bartley tackle on Hanlon?

hibsbollah
08-08-2020, 06:43 PM
Is this on later tonight too?

Is It On....
08-08-2020, 06:43 PM

What time is the Hearts game on ? 😂

hibee_girl
08-08-2020, 06:45 PM
Is this on later tonight too?

:agree: 10.30 on BBC1

Eyrie
08-08-2020, 06:49 PM

Probably only shown after the watershed.

No intent but it was studs first and over the ball.

hibsbollah
08-08-2020, 06:51 PM
:agree: 10.30 on BBC1

:aok: Trying to get my boy off Fortnight now would just start a riot.

Keith_M
Just switched it on and it's the Motherwell game.

Has the Hibs game already been shown?

Tyler Durden

Crazy not to include this as if it’s not a talking point. Blatant red card

tanfield
08-08-2020, 06:53 PM

Yeah, first game on

hibee_girl

:agree:

greenlex

Aye.

Keith_M
Yeah, first game on

OK, thanks guys

:aok:

I'll watch it later.

Since452
08-08-2020, 06:55 PM
Looks like big Doidge is going to "sclaff" his way to 500 goals again this season 😉

Billy Whizz

He works for the Beeb
Not wanting him sent off, but why didn’t Marv get a 2nd yellow for our penalty, when Porteous gets booked for their one?

uwxm07
:aok: Trying to get my boy off Fortnight now would just start a riot.

I know that feeling

Hibernian Verse
08-08-2020, 06:59 PM
He works for the Beeb
Not wanting him sent off, but why didn’t Marv get a 2nd yellow for our penalty, when Porteous gets booked for their one?

Because our refs don't do consistency.

hibsbollah
08-08-2020, 06:59 PM
Looks like big Doidge is going to "sclaff" his way to 500 goals again this season 😉

Tommy Tap In keeps Tapping In :agree:

08-08-2020, 07:01 PM

You can go back to the start on the BBC iplayer.

Nicho87
08-08-2020, 07:07 PM
Stewart harsh on Newell not to mention him - but say if hibs got doc we would be a real force in so many words. Newell has been tremendous.

Onion
08-08-2020, 07:24 PM
Watched this piece of crud from 4.30 to FT of matches and it is a pathetic excuse for a football program. Just a group of boring no-marks talking about general stuff that could be aired anytime during the week, with no updates, analysis or anything remotely relevant to the matches that were actually going on at the time.

Hibs sealed a significant win at Livi with a late 4th goal, and a top league hat trick for Nisbet, but it was not reported or commented on until close to the final whistle. Bunch of amateurs, best avoided.

Bobby's Cinema
09-08-2020, 09:31 PM
Had a chance to watch the recording, How dour is this sportscene highlights show Thompson/Maloney/Gordon not an ounce of excitement between then wow absolutely terrible.

Disappointing they have also focused more on a poor Livingston performance than an outstanding Hibs one.

CentreLine
09-08-2020, 09:34 PM
Hopefully keeps us under the radar a little if it’s more important to talk about our opposition.

09-08-2020, 09:49 PM
Had a chance to watch the recording, How dour is this sportscene highlights show Thompson/Maloney/Gordon not an ounce of excitement between then wow absolutely terrible.

Disappointing they have also focused more on a poor Livingston performance than an outstanding Hibs one.

On the Saturday show they were talking about Nisbet in terms of a Scotland call up. Perhaps a bit premature bit if he's banging them in for us then you never know.

JOD
10-08-2020, 04:01 AM
No league table shown at end of programme.
It is well noticed that Hibs are top of the table. Bunch of amateurs.

Since452
10-08-2020, 05:08 AM
People love a moan. Actually think Sportscene is ok this season. Massive improvement on last

JimBHibees
10-08-2020, 06:33 AM
People love a moan. Actually think Sportscene is ok this season. Massive improvement on last

Actually thought last year with Sutherland presenting and Stewart and Thompson analysing was very good. Seemed to have good rapport and the analysis in the main was pretty good.

green day
10-08-2020, 07:07 AM
Think its generally fine with the odd funny.

Thompson amused me when he said that Hibs would be pleased with their 2 clean sheets so far :aok:

WestCoastHibby
10-08-2020, 07:17 AM

You need to get out more. Absolutely pathetic comment

we are hibs
10-08-2020, 07:24 AM
Actually think Maloney speaks well. Shame that Thompson not only still stinks the place out but actually presents the show. Quite the achievement for a guy who admitted he doesnt like football.

mjhibby
10-08-2020, 08:54 AM
Stewart harsh on Newell not to mention him - but say if hibs got doc we would be a real force in so many words. Newell has been tremendous.

Don’t think he was being harsh on Newell just that we were Outfought in midfield a lot last year and we can see the difference Gogic has made but me need another like him for certain games plus cover for him. Sportsound was gushing in praise of us in the few mins they mentioned us. English tipped us for third would you believe. For all their bias guys like Gordon love watching us when we are at our attacking best.

mjhibby
10-08-2020, 08:57 AM
Tommy Tap In keeps Tapping In :agree:

How the jambos would love a tommy tap in.

Hibernian Verse
10-08-2020, 08:58 AM
Actually think Maloney speaks well. Shame that Thompson not only still stinks the place out but actually presents the show. Quite the achievement for a guy who admitted he doesnt like football.

Last nights sportscene was depressing. The analysis is ml
Monotonous and they don't even get it right. Hibs have started with two clean sheets according to Thompson.

brog
10-08-2020, 10:30 AM

Agreed. I thought that compared to Thompson, Maloney & Gordon were articulate & vibrant! No sign of the Marv tackle though. While I don't have a problem with that on it's own, last week they showed the much milder challenge by McGinn which McFadden thought was a red! If Porteous had made that tackle on Saturday it would have been analysed to death with every punter telling us it was a certain red & Ryan has to learn quickly etc etc. Unsurprisingly no sign of Marvin. It would actually have made good TV to ask Marv to analyse his own tackle but that's far too cutting edge for BBC Scotland!

IrnBru22
10-08-2020, 10:54 AM
Craig Gordon completely avoided the question when asked if rangers could stop 10 IAR. Just talked for ages without saying much. He done the exact same last week when asked who was gonna win the semi between Hibs v Hearts.

EdinMike
10-08-2020, 11:01 AM
Think its generally fine with the odd funny.

Thompson amused me when he said that Hibs would be pleased with their 2 clean sheets so far :aok:

And I’m sure he’s still saying “Nesbitt” 😡 anything for a nitpick !

JimBHibees
10-08-2020, 11:01 AM
Agreed. I thought that compared to Thompson, Maloney & Gordon were articulate & vibrant! No sign of the Marv tackle though. While I don't have a problem with that on it's own, last week they showed the much milder challenge by McGinn which McFadden thought was a red! If Porteous had made that tackle on Saturday it would have been analysed to death with every punter telling us it was a certain red & Ryan has to learn quickly etc etc. Unsurprisingly no sign of Marvin. It would actually have made good TV to ask Marv to analyse his own tackle but that's far too cutting edge for BBC Scotland!

Agree disappointing not to have the tackle as was clearly one of the most controversial moments of the game and simply has to be analysed. There was also a tackle they reviewed in Well United match. Seems very selective and obviously as a Hibby the fact they didn't review our penalty shout last week as well is even more annoying.

matty_f
10-08-2020, 11:02 AM
Agree disappointing not to have the tackle as was clearly one of the most controversial moments of the game and simply has to be analysed. There was also a tackle they reviewed in Well United match. Seems very selective and obviously as a Hibby the fact they didn't review our penalty shout last week as well is even more annoying.

Very little, if any, discussion on Livi’s phantom penalty award either. Would have been good to have seen that discussed (as well as the one they should have had moments later).

KeithTheHibby
10-08-2020, 12:16 PM
Big Chris Iwelumo (sp) was good on the Saturday night show.

hhibs
10-08-2020, 12:32 PM

Yep,impressive.

Nicho87
10-08-2020, 12:38 PM
Craig Gordon drab as they come.

Since452
10-08-2020, 01:12 PM

Yeah he was very good

Since452
10-08-2020, 01:12 PM
Craig Gordon drab as they come.

Actually thought it was Craig Levein until I saw it was Gordon

Baader
10-08-2020, 01:20 PM

Speaks very well. Seen him on the Football League Show before on 5. Good pundit.

Tom Hart RIP
25-10-2020, 09:34 AM
Just watched Sportscene which was woeful. The highlights missed several Hibs chances, ie, Mallan's superb pass with outside of foot that found Paul McGinn who shot wide, Kevin Nisbet's great cross which just evaded Christian Doidge, the Hibs' break when we were 4 on 2 but Kevin Nisbet passed to Christian Doidge and he was dispossessed, Melker Hallberg's looping header near the end. (off the top of my head, I think there were more)

Instead they showed several Killie 'chances' that were nowhere near scoring.

The commentator also said that Joe Newell should have hit the target with his early volley.

Steven Thomson said that Kilmarnock didn't have a shot on target yet Kevin Nisbet cleared the ball off the line from Kiltie's shot in the first half.

No sign of Kambamba twice catching Ryan Porteous in the face or Power fouling Martin Boyle as he was breaking clear then commiting a bad challenge on Stevie Mallan.

BoomtownHibees
25-10-2020, 09:37 AM
Steven Thomson said that Kilmarnock didn't have a shot on target yet Kevin Nisbet cleared the ball off the line from Kiltie's shot in the first half.

I think it’s only “officially” counted as a shot on target if the goalie saves it. It is from a betting perspective anyway:

· Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Not sure the Sportscene guys were using this definition or not. Probably just forgot about it tbf

green day
25-10-2020, 09:44 AM
Just watched Sportscene which was woeful. The highlights missed several Hibs chances, ie, Mallan's superb pass with outside of foot that found Paul McGinn who shot wide, Kevin Nisbet's great cross which just evaded Christian Doidge, the Hibs' break when we were 4 on 2 but Kevin Nisbet passed to Christian Doidge and he was dispossessed, Melker Hallberg's looping header near the end. (off the top of my head, I think there were more)

The commentator also said that Joe Newell should have hit the target with his early volley.

No sign of Kambamba twice catching Ryan Porteous in the face or Power fouling Martin Boyle as he was breaking clear then commiting a bad challenge on Stevie Mallan.

Quite happy with that, hopefully Jambos assume we made next to no chances and we do them next week.

S4uzee
25-10-2020, 09:49 AM
Quite happy with that, hopefully Jambos assume we made next to no chances and we do them next week.

They’ve almost had their whole team on the show analysing Hibs since the season started 😂

green with envy
25-10-2020, 10:52 AM

Seeing as their manager was in the stand,I very much doubt it.

JimBHibees
25-10-2020, 11:01 AM
Seeing as their manager was in the stand,I very much doubt it.

Didn't realise who it was until noticed he was wearing a Hearts jacket, how classy. :greengrin

Greenbeard
25-10-2020, 11:17 AM

Watched the extended highlights last night and thought they were dicks saying it was a tight evenly balanced scrappy game. What did they see/not see? We were by far the better team, played some nice football, and on another day it could easily have been 3-0 or more.
Mind, it was good to hear Naismith say Doidge was right to go down, even after taking a stride, and force the ref to make a decision. He's gone up in my estimations. He's now just a prick, not a big prick.
Telling too that there are no comments on the "player watch" thread about any Killie players.

Dr What If?
25-10-2020, 11:21 AM
Having a decent highlights programme shouldn't be rocket science, three presenters with a bit of knowledge, passion, personality and chemistry coupled with clips of a football match. Its not like the the BBC can't do it, match of the day is a prime example. An excellent programme that is only let down by the endless amount of VAR chat.
And its not as if those people aren't out there, Nevin is a great pundit, McCoist has the personality, Collins is a expert reader of games. Out of the pundits used this season only Iwelumo looks like he actually enjoys watching football and only Stewart actually says anything interesting.

Even the commentary on the games themselves, I want to hear excitement and a bit of fun. This is our games biggest and most accessible advert, not too many would buy a ticket based on that sales pitch.

Stanton Spence
25-10-2020, 11:44 AM
I think it’s only “officially” counted as a shot on target if the goalie saves it. It is from a betting perspective anyway:

· Is a clear attempt to score that would have gone into the net but for being saved by the goalkeeper or is stopped by a player who is the last-man with the goalkeeper having no chance of preventing the goal (last line block).

Not sure the Sportscene guys were using this definition or not. Probably just forgot about it tbfThere was also a save by rocky in the first half which I thought was a shot on target, the one where he seemed to punch it away volleyball style.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

Callum_62
25-10-2020, 11:51 AM

Not sure the Sportscene guys were using this definition or not. Probably just forgot about it tbfI wonder if it's counted as a blocked shot rather than a "save"

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Iain G
25-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Naismith is so nasal and miserable to listen to, and he looks like a shaved bawbag which doesn't help...

Phil MaGlass
27-10-2020, 02:43 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/aberdeen-chief-dave-cormack-fumes-sky-sports-over-humiliating-celtic-video-and-wants-apology-3014750

glad one Chairman has the nuts to take a broadcaster to task.

PatHead
27-10-2020, 03:30 PM
An advert for the semi final was on BBC Scotland yesterday. It cuts to a commentator holding a microphone. He is wearing a maroon tartan scarf.

Nuff said.

green day
27-10-2020, 03:43 PM
An advert for the semi final was on BBC Scotland yesterday. It cuts to a commentator holding a microphone. He is wearing a maroon tartan scarf.

Nuff said.

Is it on terrestrial TV?

PatHead
27-10-2020, 03:49 PM
Is it on terrestrial TV?

Bbc

green day
27-10-2020, 03:53 PM
Bbc

Probably that bawbag Paul Mitchell with the scarf then - he is a Jambo throbber.

Moulin Yarns
27-10-2020, 03:53 PM
Bbc

But are they a terrestrial channel? The football folk are usually on a different planet

JimBHibees
27-10-2020, 03:55 PM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/aberdeen-chief-dave-cormack-fumes-sky-sports-over-humiliating-celtic-video-and-wants-apology-3014750

glad one Chairman has the nuts to take a broadcaster to task.

This plus the ridiculous coverage of our game v Rangers when 2 ex Rangers players were on sums up the obsessive old firm agenda. Well done on Cormack speaking out. Very watchable game as was ours v Rangers.

jeffers
27-10-2020, 04:00 PM
It comes as no surprise, every other team in the league are no more than opposition for one of the Old Firm as far as SKY are concerned.

Brunswickbill
26-12-2020, 11:42 PM
McCann is a balloon.

EI255
26-12-2020, 11:43 PM
McCann is a balloon.That's an insult to balloons.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

SouthMoroccoStu
27-12-2020, 06:15 AM
What was their opinion of both our blatant penalties?

Radium
27-12-2020, 08:18 AM

Newall was a stonewaller.

Porteous wasn’t, replays showed that a Hibs player had stepped across Tavernier and bumped him into Porto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alfred E Newman
27-12-2020, 10:54 AM

That thicko McCann didn't think any of the claims were penalties, Rangers included. When Michael Stewart said that the high boot was a definate penalty he said "yes that was a penalty". An idiot.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 11:01 AM
Newall was a stonewaller.

Porteous wasn’t, replays showed that a Hibs player had stepped across Tavernier and bumped him into Porto.

I thought Porteous, as he made his run towards front post, was being held back by his left arm and that was part of the incident. I thought it was a more than decent claim. The Newell one was blatant.

gaz1875
27-12-2020, 11:08 AM
That thicko McCann didn't think any of the claims were penalties, Rangers included. When Michael Stewart said that the high boot was a definate penalty he said "yes that was a penalty". An idiot.

Last week McCann slated Eduardo for dinking the penalty and that justified Gordon throwing the ball at him :hilarious Stewart had a wee dig at him yesterday about the Eduardo penalty against Hamilton.

Radium
27-12-2020, 02:18 PM
I thought Porteous, as he made his run towards front post, was being held back by his left arm and that was part of the incident. I thought it was a more than decent claim. The Newell one was blatant.

Not sure that there was enough in it but maybe I am conditioned by some of the marginal VAR decisions to push back at the grappling that goes on in the box always being a foul.

CMurdoch
27-12-2020, 03:45 PM

Nisbet nudged Tavernier causing him to fall into Porteous.

Iggy Pope
27-12-2020, 05:56 PM

Porteous had his arm held before any nudge. Seen that on the very first replay during the 90.

Stonewall
27-12-2020, 09:57 PM
Porteous had his arm held before any nudge. Seen that on the very first replay during the 90.

Trust me VAR is an abomination.

It goes against the soul of the game. It’s only because football people are too stupid to understand what makes the game great and and a bone headed refusal to take learn rom Rugby and Cricket who introduced it years ago and learned the lessons.

Idiots.

JimBHibees
27-12-2020, 10:06 PM
Neil McCann said both weren't penalties and went out his way not to give Hibs any credit. Absolute slaver full of self important points and trying to make himself appear knowledgeable while getting players names wrong.

Sammy7nil
27-12-2020, 10:16 PM

It goes against the soul of the game. It’s only because football people are too stupid to understand what makes the game great and and a bone headed refusal to take learn rom Rugby and Cricket who introduced it years ago and learned the lessons.

Idiots.

VAR has its problems there is no doubt however it remains the only chance we have to stop all “honest mistakes” going in favour of the Old Firm. For that reason we won’t see it in Scotland anytime soon.

Northernhibee
27-12-2020, 10:19 PM
VAR has its problems there is no doubt however it remains the only chance we have to stop all “honest mistakes” going in favour of the Old Firm. For that reason we won’t see it in Scotland anytime soon.

VAR won't solve that if it's implemented in Scotland because it'll be the same corrupt officials hand picked that already make the dodgy decisions running it.

It would only work if an ex player who doesn't have any bias towards either side running it, and even then it slows things down.

The best thing we could do is to reform how we pick top flight referees in this country which is even less likely than getting VAR in.

Danderhall Hibs
27-12-2020, 10:20 PM
Neil McCann said both weren't penalties and went out his way not to give Hibs any credit. Absolute slaver full of self important points and trying to make himself appear knowledgeable while getting players names wrong.

I’m no fan of McCann but he definitely gave Hibs credit. In fact the whole piece felt quite a positive section about us.

matty_f
27-12-2020, 10:29 PM
I’m no fan of McCann but he definitely gave Hibs credit. In fact the whole piece felt quite a positive section about us.

:agree: I actually thought that Rangers fans watching would be getting annoyed at the analysis all centring around us.

Brunswickbill
27-12-2020, 11:56 PM

He’s still a 🎈

Hibs Giant
28-12-2020, 12:33 AM
VAR...remains the only chance we have to stop all “honest mistakes” going in favour of the Old Firm. For that reason we won’t see it in Scotland anytime soon.

Correct

JimBHibees
28-12-2020, 08:42 AM

Personally thought the credit he did give was limited, said something like it was quite brave to play as we did. The bottom line is all teams including decent European teams have been getting horses at Ibrox and while we obviously got nothing from it we should be getting enormous credit from the performance and the way we matched up to the best team ever. I mean Hagi motm :faf::faf:

Since452
28-12-2020, 09:02 AM
If McCann was made of chocolate he'd eat himself

Eyrie
28-12-2020, 10:23 AM

Idiots.

Other sports still make boneheaded mistakes even with reviews.

Watching the Eagles against Dallas last night and a turnover against our QB was reviewed. Both the commentators and the ex-official in the studio were confident it would be overturned and even Dallas thought that as their defence stayed on the field. Yet the referee decided there was insufficient evidence to overturn the original decision, which is the correct way to operate a review system. It's just that he ignored the clear evidence that the play was over before the ball came loose.

worcesterhibby
28-12-2020, 10:27 AM
Those of us who were brought up with Archie McPherson and Arthur Montford, didn't know how lucky we were. Even Dougie Donnelly was a king of presenters compared to the current incumbents.

The 90+2
28-12-2020, 10:31 AM
Neil McCann used to be quite decent on SKY but looks a complete clown on the BBC.

Is it because a) his chat was rehearsed and scripted before asking him anything at half time or b) he was in a studio with Tanner and Boyd? :greengrin

Has he just become a bitter **** against Hibs because he was interviewed for the **** job

Lago
28-12-2020, 11:45 AM
If McCann was made of chocolate he'd eat himself
He's not alone in that respect.

greenlex
28-12-2020, 01:54 PM
I’ve watched it several times. Anywhere else on the park the “nudge” it isn’t a foul. Not even close. In fact Nisbet if anything moves out of the way of Tavernier.

SaulGoodman
02-02-2021, 10:21 PM
21 mins talking about Celtic so far.

SaulGoodman
02-02-2021, 10:39 PM
Okay I forgive them, it’s seems every game gets 20 minutes tonight 😂

matty_f
02-02-2021, 11:52 PM
Okay I forgive them, it’s seems every game gets 20 minutes tonight 😂

Don’t think they were especially balanced about our penalty, tbf.

Don Giovanni
03-02-2021, 06:42 AM

Does that surprise you?

DH1875
03-02-2021, 08:26 AM

In what way? What they supposed to say if no one thinks it's a penalty? I'm not even convinced it was.

DH1875
03-02-2021, 08:28 AM
21 mins talking about Celtic so far.

21 mins about the celtic game and they didn't even mention or talk about the perfectly good goal killie scored and was disallowed.

Since452
03-02-2021, 08:28 AM

There was absolutely no complaints from the St Mirren player or his teammates. Says to me it was a penalty.

matty_f
03-02-2021, 09:06 AM
There was absolutely no complaints from the St Mirren player or his teammates. Says to me it was a penalty.

Same here, you could tell by the defender's reaction but also in how Murphy went down that it was a penalty.

With reference to the poster above asking in what way were they not objective, Craig Gordon saying Murphy went down too easily after saying there's maybe something that he couldn't see is an example.

Gordon, also, is the last person to be commenting on folk going down too easily, FWIW.

mjhibby
03-02-2021, 09:14 AM
None of the st Mirren team moaned so that tells you all you need to know. Horrendous decision for celtics penalty and the third a foot offside. Not even discussed. The decisions in our vital games certainly haven’t evened out that’s for sure so due a break.

CentreLine
03-02-2021, 09:31 AM
Thought Cadden took a dive in the first half. He was in a great position on the byline with the goalie coming at him but instead of driving the ball in to the six yard box he takes a dive. Should have been booked in my opinion but mostly his team mates should be pulling him up fir the wasted chance

rossevenil
03-02-2021, 09:52 AM
None of the camera angles showed the St Mirren players left hand which is obviously the 1 used for the tug or pull on Murphy wether it was his arm or shirt,referee actually looked well positioned to call it and as mentioned none of the St Mirren
players complained which is always a sign that there was a foul.

matty_f
03-02-2021, 10:00 AM
None of the camera angles showed the St Mirren players left hand which is obviously the 1 used for the tug or pull on Murphy wether it was his arm or shirt,referee actually looked well positioned to call it and as mentioned none of the St Mirren
players complained which is always a sign that there was a foul.
I think he catches Murphy's leg as well. The defender knew fine well it was a penalty.

matty_f
03-02-2021, 10:01 AM
Thought Cadden took a dive in the first half. He was in a great position on the byline with the goalie coming at him but instead of driving the ball in to the six yard box he takes a dive. Should have been booked in my opinion but mostly his team mates should be pulling him up fir the wasted chance
I thought he fell, rather than dived.

SouthMoroccoStu
03-02-2021, 10:13 AM
None of the camera angles showed the St Mirren players left hand which is obviously the 1 used for the tug or pull on Murphy wether it was his arm or shirt,referee actually looked well positioned to call it and as mentioned none of the St Mirren players complained which is always a sign that there was a foul.

Yet 3 of them went mental at the ref for the red card

Peevemor
03-02-2021, 10:19 AM

I thought he fell, rather than dived.

I thought he fell too, and he didn't claim for anything - he never even looked at the ref.

kaimendhibs
03-02-2021, 10:42 PM
Shelley Kerr didnt think Roofe intended to hurt Davidson. Aye belter

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

CentreLine
03-02-2021, 11:02 PM
Shelley Kerr didnt think Roofe intended to hurt Davidson. Aye belter

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

It’s incredible the hoops the BBC will jump through to avoid offending the The’s. Contrast that with the way they “analysed” the Hibs penalty incident last night

ACLeith
06-02-2021, 06:57 PM
Naismith very fair tonight. Agreed it was a penalty and praised our attacking play and recruitment.

Billy Whizz
06-02-2021, 07:36 PM
Why does Pressley get a mention as a candidate for the Killie job, seems bizarre

matty_f
06-02-2021, 11:35 PM
Can’t understand why Naismith is on, or why Craig Gordon was on the other day. ****ing Hearts love-in, is there not a Championship highlights show they can go on?

Jdawg
06-02-2021, 11:42 PM
Can’t understand why Naismith is on, or why Craig Gordon was on the other day. ****ing Hearts love-in, is there not a Championship highlights show they can go on? nah. Hilarious watching them having to praise us. Funny they are pundits watching top flight football when (Naismith) they went down so easily. Think we had more points in October than they did in 30 games

truehibernian
06-02-2021, 11:44 PM
Can’t understand why Naismith is on, or why Craig Gordon was on the other day. ****ing Hearts love-in, is there not a Championship highlights show they can go on?

Oh I don't know Matty, it must grind their gears having to comment on Hibs wins these last few episodes :greengrin I quite enjoy knowing they have inner seethe making positive noises about the real 'big team' in the city :aok:

hibee316
07-02-2021, 05:15 AM
Two goals for St Johnstone yesterday... from two free kicks.
Specialists!

mjhibby
07-02-2021, 07:39 AM
Much as I detest Naismith on the pitch he actually is quite a decent analyst even on hibs games. He gave a very decent summing up of the game and pointed out we looked like we knew our game plan where the dons just hoped something would happen. McCann earlier shows his bias by saying Ferguson couldn’t get out of the way which is bs and he clearly blocks Murphy. Plus both Naismith and maloney said it was a penalty. Actually a decent episode though Jonathon is poor and doesn’t ask any probing questions.

The Harp Awakes
07-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Must be painful for BBC Sportscene/Sportsound not being able to give gushing praise and foam at the mouth over their beloved Aberdeen any more. Not going according to script for them.

Dmas
07-02-2021, 08:32 AM
Must be painful for BBC Sportscene/Sportsound not being able to give gushing praise and foam at the mouth over their beloved Aberdeen any more. Not going according to script for them.

I was out and about during first half, they where nearly crying at the penalty decision on sportsound, it was almost as if they where only commentating on the game for the benefit of Richard Gordon, Gordon actually scoffed when Michael Stewart said someone near him thought it was a pen because that person was from ‘the east coast’
I get the guys a fan I’m not bothered if it would be an occasional reference towards it, but it’s totally biased reporting, every time aberdeen are playing the opponent is cast aside needs to be some sort of impartiality even a touch of professionalism and report the game for benefit of both sets of fans, was almost a relief when they switched coverage to the rugby at half time.

Cat Stanton
07-02-2021, 09:00 AM
On a slightly different issue, what did people who had watched the full game live think of the sportscene highlights?

I ask because I couldn't watch it live, but managed to hear a lot of it on the radio. They were talking it up on the radio, and there seemed to be lots of incidents and chances. But the highlights seemed pretty minimal - first half seemed over in a blink - so I just wondered if they had missed anything obvious/of importance?

Since452
07-02-2021, 09:08 AM
I hope Richard Gordon is ok

Tom Hart RIP
07-02-2021, 02:21 PM
Did I hear the commentator saying that if there is no Scottish Cup this year, the team that finishes third will be 'guaranteed European football after Xmas'?
That's not my understanding. I think third goes into the final play off match for the Europa League ??

JimBHibees
07-02-2021, 02:22 PM
I hope Richard Gordon is ok

Think he said it was karma at the end of the game.

04Sauzee
07-02-2021, 02:25 PM
Did I hear the commentator saying that if there is no Scottish Cup this year, the team that finishes third will be 'guaranteed European football after Xmas'?
That's not my understanding. I think third goes into the final play off match for the Europa League ??

And if they loose the play off they go straight intto the league section of the new european competition.

jeffers
07-02-2021, 02:26 PM

From what I understand if you don’t win the Europa League tie you go straight into the group stages of the Conference League, so would be playing after Xmas.

Tom Hart RIP
07-02-2021, 02:28 PM
And if they loose the play off they go straight intto the league section of the new european competition.

Cheers, didn't know that. GGTTH

07-02-2021, 03:43 PM

Yes, as others have confirmed. I think that spot should go to 3rd in the league anyway and not the Scottish Cup winners. The cup winners should get one of the places in the new UEFA conference league, which would put it on a par with 4th place rather than winning the cup being better than 3rd place.

hibby rae
07-02-2021, 04:33 PM
I was out and about during first half, they where nearly crying at the penalty decision on sportsound, it was almost as if they where only commentating on the game for the benefit of Richard Gordon, Gordon actually scoffed when Michael Stewart said someone near him thought it was a pen because that person was from ‘the east coast’
I get the guys a fan I’m not bothered if it would be an occasional reference towards it, but it’s totally biased reporting, every time aberdeen are playing the opponent is cast aside needs to be some sort of impartiality even a touch of professionalism and report the game for benefit of both sets of fans, was almost a relief when they switched coverage to the rugby at half time.

Really annoys me that if it's an Aberdeen game, then Willie Miller will always be the one covering it

mayo hibee
07-02-2021, 04:38 PM
From what I understand if you don’t win the Europa League tie you go straight into the group stages of the Conference League, so would be playing after Xmas.

Yes, although they were still wrong if they said that because the group stage finishes up in December. You'd have to qualify from the group to be playing after Christmas.

Highwayman
07-02-2021, 06:45 PM
Doesn’t appear that you need any connection with the SPFL to get a gig as a pundit on Sportscene.Not too keen on Naismith and Gordon for obvious reasons but much prefer them to the likes of Julie Fleeting.Last time I saw on the programme,she churned out one stale tired cliche after another.Her co.pundit was Mikey Stewart who looked like he wished he was somewhere else.I shall not express my views on Jane Lewis in case I get blocked from this thread.

Davy Mac
07-02-2021, 09:28 PM
Really annoys me that if it's an Aberdeen game, then Willie Miller will always be the one covering it

To be fair and i hate the Beeb and all their anti Hibs cronies but Willie Miller actually spoke quite highly of us and confirmed we thoroughly deserved their win.

Now ask about the Willie Miller the player from back in the day and he was a rocket, can't tell you ho many humpings I've watched up there, pished mind from our Laurencekirk base :-)

Magpie
13-02-2021, 10:42 PM
What’s going on in the stand at Fir Park? Are they getting some some work done on it?

Glory Lurker
13-02-2021, 10:53 PM
What’s going on in the stand at Fir Park? Are they getting some some work done on it?

Wondered that too. Also wondered why the second-lowest scoring game of the day was the first one shown.

Magpie
13-02-2021, 11:04 PM
Wondered that too. Also wondered why the second-lowest scoring game of the day was the first one shown.

Imagine the outrage if it wasn’t shown first..

Callum_62
14-02-2021, 08:35 AM
What’s going on in the stand at Fir Park? Are they getting some some work done on it?I noticed they had big areas of seating removed

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

O'Rourke3
14-02-2021, 08:40 AM
What’s going on in the stand at Fir Park? Are they getting some some work done on it?https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/motherwell-overhaul-fir-park-club-prepares-return-fans-3130017

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Renfrew_Hibby
14-02-2021, 09:06 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/motherwell-overhaul-fir-park-club-prepares-return-fans-3130017

I would like to see us replace the seating, certainly in the FF, West & South stands. 26 year old weathered and washed out green doesn't look too great. There's many examples of how new seating can make a world of difference to the look and perception of a stadium.
Best examples that can easily be googled would be Sunderland and in Spain both Sevilla and R. Betis.

One Day In Time
14-02-2021, 10:26 AM
I would like to see us replace the seating, certainly in the FF, West & South stands. 26 year old weathered and washed out green doesn't look too great. There's many examples of how new seating can make a world of difference to the look and perception of a stadium.
Best examples that can easily be googled would be Sunderland and in Spain both Sevilla and R. Betis.

I'd rather focus on the players on the pitch and deal with ground issues on a needs must basis. Faded seats isn't a big issue for me. Still lots of unanswered questions about next season and getting fans back into the stadium.

Renfrew_Hibby
14-02-2021, 11:01 AM
I'd rather focus on the players on the pitch and deal with ground issues on a needs must basis. Faded seats isn't a big issue for me. Still lots of unanswered questions about next season and getting fans back into the stadium.

I agree but we if big screens and wraparound led boards are being discussed surely the basic look and feel of the stadium should come before that.

Good on Motherwell, it seems to be a complete overall of that stand. Always good to see any Scottish club upgrade facilities.

jacomo
14-02-2021, 11:14 AM

Stadium renovations make a lot of sense right now. Trying to do this work by fitting it in around a normal season when fans are in the ground every fortnight is more complex and more expensive... and in the close season everyone is chasing the same contractors.

Of course, the problem is finding the money to do it.

Wilson
14-02-2021, 11:17 AM
I agree but we if big screens and wraparound led boards are being discussed surely the basic look and feel of the stadium should come before that.

Good on Motherwell, it seems to be a complete overall of that stand. Always good to see any Scottish club upgrade facilities.

What happens to the old plastic seats? In the current climate of not being wasteful and watching our carbon footprint I hope they aren't discarded.

I wouldn't like to see seats that are functioning and fit for purpose ripped out because they're a bit faded.

Put the money into the playing side.

Renfrew_Hibby
14-02-2021, 11:42 AM
What happens to the old plastic seats? In the current climate of not being wasteful and watching our carbon footprint I hope they aren't discarded.

I wouldn't like to see seats that are functioning and fit for purpose ripped out because they're a bit faded.

You're greener than the seats!

Magpie
14-02-2021, 11:44 AM
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/motherwell-overhaul-fir-park-club-prepares-return-fans-3130017

Thanks for that. Fairplay to the club splashing out to improve the match experience for the fans.

Moulin Yarns
14-02-2021, 03:19 PM

That's unreadable. The scotsman website just jumps about all the time because of advertising.

where'stheslope
15-02-2021, 09:43 AM

The way they are playing at this time, it could be a total waste of money?
It now looks like between them and Ross County for the drop, and the way things are going it could well be both!!!!

Keith_M
15-02-2021, 05:22 PM
That's unreadable. The scotsman website just jumps about all the time because of advertising.

Try using the 'Reader View (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages)' in Firefox. It makes it a lot easier to read articles on ****ty websites like that.

G B Young
15-02-2021, 06:04 PM

I'd say the colour of the green seats is still holding up well when you see the stadium on tv or in a pic. Sure, they might look a bit faded if you see them close up but compared to the seats at Tynie, many of which look like a washed-out smudgy pale pink in TV (probably a cheaper plastic) they look great.

Peevemor
15-02-2021, 06:08 PM
I'd say the colour of the green seats is still holding up well when you see the stadium on tv or in a pic. Sure, they might look a bit faded if you see them close up but compared to the seats at Tynie, many of which look like a washed-out smudgy pale pink in TV (probably a cheaper plastic) they look great.Some colours fade quicker in the sun others - browns & reds are the worst.

GreenCastle
15-02-2021, 06:19 PM

You would hope they would sell them to fans ? But maybe tricker than the old east seats!

There are definitely seats in the FF which are well over due being replaced same with the South stand but they get wrecked most weeks by away fans.

The stadium needs some improvements - painting of steps - cleaned up - jet washed outside and improvements in concourse.

Hopefully they still have some plans to improve supporter experience as it all sounded very exciting.

Obviously playing side always comes first but said for years many Scottish teams stadia need improved especially in top league. I’ve been to some grounds that are shocking compared to say Spartans and lower league teams / facilities.

G B Young
15-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Some colours fade quicker in the sun others - browns & reds are the worst.

Given that the Hearts shirt is oft described as bloodied turd in tone then I guess they've got the most sun-unfriendly seat colour possible!