PDA

View Full Version : HibsPass Production Values

Monts
01-08-2020, 04:20 PM
I was impressed with the coverage from the game today. There are definitely some teething problems with bandwidth and microphone volume, but overall I thought it was very professional. Especially the graphics, and videos.

Well done hibs :thumbsup:

Diclonius
01-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Biggest improvement for me was the addition of multiple camera angles!

Saturday Boy
01-08-2020, 04:23 PM
Bearing in mind we’re a football team and not a broadcasting company, I thought it was excellent.

Well done everyone involved.

smithy_hibees
01-08-2020, 04:26 PM
Loved every minute of that, missed around 10mins trying fix the stream mid first half but the overall experience was first class.. All 4 pundits we’re great 3 pure hibees tae helps
Well done all involved oh wait
We are top 💚

Onceinawhile
01-08-2020, 04:36 PM
Had a few issues with the stream and I've said on another thread that they could maybe make the studio a bit less non descript, but for a first effort, it wasn't too bad at all.

Hibee Mac
01-08-2020, 04:38 PM
Fantastic job by the club, solid 8/10 for me.

I had issues with the stream and audio jumping for about half of the first half, but from 2nd half on it was perfect. Also the production value and extras were properly well done, club deserve some real credit!

Barney McGrew
01-08-2020, 04:39 PM
For an in-house production it was fantastic. There was always likely to be a few teething troubles, but I’m sure they’ll have them ironed out next time.

David Tanner is a great host and holds it together very professionally, Tam and Joelle were good value, Cliff is a good commentator and I thought Fred’s half time analysis from Oz was better than most ex-pros on the telly do it :greengrin

9/10 for me today.

Golden Bear
01-08-2020, 04:43 PM
I was mightily relieved at 2.30 when the broadcast went live . Not a bad first effort at all. I'll be back.

Hiber-nation
01-08-2020, 04:46 PM
I was disappointed in the picture but everything else was great. I was surprised at Cliff, never took to his style before but I thought he toned it down a bit today and was much better. Tam is excellent.

Can't say I enjoyed it though!

hibeejeebies
01-08-2020, 04:47 PM
Excellent coverage, well done to everyone involved.

theonlywayisup
01-08-2020, 04:48 PM
For an in-house production it was fantastic. There was always likely to be a few teething troubles, but I’m sure they’ll have them ironed out next time.

David Tanner is a great host and holds it together very professionally, Tam and Joelle were good value, Cliff is a good commentator and I thought Fred’s half time analysis from Oz was better than most ex-pros on the telly do it :greengrin

9/10 for me today.

I must admit I was impressed.

First time I've really listened to Tam, but I thought he spoke very well and was interesting to listen too.

Joelle spoke very well too. It was good that both her and Tam are Hibs fans so could relate to those watching.

David Tanner is such a good pro. Amazing that he's doing Hibs TV. Is he a Hibs fan?

pogo
01-08-2020, 04:49 PM
I've mentioned it on another thread, but they need to light the presenter/guests in the studio. With all the light from behind through the window it made it difficult to see faces. There was a bit of distortion on some of the microphones as well, but without knowing the audio kit they are using it's difficult to suggest improvements. On the whole though, a solid start, and very enjoyable.

01-08-2020, 04:53 PM
I must admit I was impressed.

First time I've really listened to Tam, but I thought he spoke very well and was interesting to listen too.

Joelle spoke very well too. It was good that both her and Tam are Hibs fans so could relate to those watching.

David Tanner is such a good pro. Amazing that he's doing Hibs TV. Is he a Hibs fan?

Hearts fan I believe but did a good job.

Sir David Gray
01-08-2020, 04:55 PM
A few issues throughout but overall it was passable.

smithy_hibees
01-08-2020, 04:56 PM

Hearts fan ? Why wasn’t he doing heartstv today?

calumhibee1
01-08-2020, 04:59 PM
Hearts fan ? Why wasn’t he doing heartstv today?

:greengrin

oneone73
01-08-2020, 05:02 PM

He's a Hun, apparently

Irish_Steve
01-08-2020, 05:03 PM
I really enjoyed it and the only problem I had was the volume. Sometimes it would be quite low so you would have to turn it up and then something exciting would happen and the volume would go through the roof. Tam need to learn to turn his microphone on when starting commentary lol

whiskyhibby
01-08-2020, 05:03 PM
The production was excellent, very professional but let down by the technical issues of jittery picture and sound, mic levels all over the place, some continuity issues when going from trackside to studio and the studio lighting could be improved but overall far better than I expected

Billy Whizz
01-08-2020, 05:05 PM
Well done Hibs and Co, this was great today, keep it up

Onceinawhile
01-08-2020, 05:05 PM
He's a Hun, apparently

His comment to joelle Murray made me think he was a hun.

01-08-2020, 05:06 PM
He's a Hun, apparently

OK. Thought I'd read on here that he's a Jambo.

Keith_M
01-08-2020, 05:08 PM
Had a very jittery video for the last 15 minutes of the first half but the stream quality was OK the rest of the game.

I thought the commentary was decent enough, though occasionally a bit biased...

Billy Whizz
01-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Had a very jittery video for the last 15 minutes of the first half but the stream quality was OK the rest of the game.

I thought the commentary was decent enough, though occasionally a bit biased...

Our stream was much better when we changed from PC and cable, to IPhone screen mirroring the TV, much better picture

Keith_M
01-08-2020, 05:13 PM
Our stream was much better when we changed from PC and cable, to IPhone screen mirroring the TV, much better picture

Good tip.

Shame I don't have an iPhone ;-)

DTS
01-08-2020, 05:16 PM
Stream was laggy however I was watching on a 4G in Spain so considering I would say it was excellent. Very good product

AFKA5814_Hibs
01-08-2020, 05:17 PM
Image quality excellent. Sound a bit fishy at times. Overall given I'm casting from PC to TV cant complain and will be happy to watch until were back to the stadium.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2020, 05:22 PM
Good tip.

Shame I don't have an iPhone ;-)

Can you do similar with other phones

Irish_Steve
01-08-2020, 05:22 PM

If you watch it in the mirror, isn't everything backwards???????

matty_f
01-08-2020, 05:28 PM
I thought it was good - few wee teething problems but overall a decent experience.

There's a big opportunity to make a very marketable Hibs TV product - I don't think Hibs TV has ever felt like an essential purchase but if you took those production values into creating regular content then I think you'd see a big chunk of Hibs fans willing to pay monthly for it.

Billy Whizz
01-08-2020, 05:32 PM
I thought it was good - few wee teething problems but overall a decent experience.

There's a big opportunity to make a very marketable Hibs TV product - I don't think Hibs TV has ever felt like an essential purchase but if you took those production values into creating regular content then I think you'd see a big chunk of Hibs fans willing to pay monthly for it.

And a few ads at ht etc, brings in a few pennies too

MyJo
01-08-2020, 05:52 PM

Would be a good option for things that aren’t covered by a TV deal and broadcast restrictions like pre-season friendlies, reserve and youth games and the womans team.

Even things like the Betfred Cup could allow non-televised games to be broadcast in the same way with the PPV money brought in split between the teams involved in the same way ticket money would be.

Irish_Steve
01-08-2020, 06:08 PM
Is it only the match day games season tickets holders get to watch today. I thought we were getting Hibs TV for free as well but I could be mistaken on that one - if so, how do we login in. I had a look and it said I should use my HibsPass but then I couldn`t find anything else to watch lol

MyJo
01-08-2020, 06:11 PM
Is it only the match day games season tickets holders get to watch today. I thought we were getting Hibs TV for free as well but I could be mistaken on that one - if so, how do we login in. I had a look and it said I should use my HibsPass but then I couldn`t find anything else to watch lol

I’m sure it said they would send out separate log-ins for that content

Irish_Steve
01-08-2020, 06:16 PM
I’m sure it said they would send out separate log-ins for that content

Aye, it would help if I actually read all the email that Hibs sent out lol

ACLeith
01-08-2020, 06:20 PM
For a first show I thought it was excellent I’m sure there’ll be improvements as we go. Best thing for me though, apart from the result, was I didn’t have to queue for a pee at half time 😀

Wee Effen Bee
01-08-2020, 06:30 PM
If you watch it in the mirror, isn't everything backwards???????

Aye, and Killie won 2-1!

SingaporeHibs
01-08-2020, 06:53 PM
As a 8 year veteran of Hibs TV (international) I’ve always been a big supporter of the product. It’s come a Long way in the 8 years, from streaming quality to the chat the Hibs TV team have given pre-Match, HT and post game although post match was always a very brief summary from cliff before signing off.
For many of you, today was your first experience so maybe interesting (maybe not) to note my comparison.

You need to excuse me if I get any of this wrong but I believe Hibs TV has mostly ‘employed’ free labour, media students etc to gain experience so there were many different voices over the Seasons. Sometimes not polished in presentation or asking questions but you could hear them learning and you could hear the improvement over the years.

Match commentary
Cliff - thank the lord it’s still his dulcet tones on the mic through the game. Wonderful passion and commentary for Hibs TV. Hibs TV would not be the same without him waxing over the proceedings. My son said “ah there he is” as he started his pre-kick off chatter. Legend!!!

Keith@leithsansiro - cliffs regular sidekick. Where is he now? Tam was a good sidekick as a co-commentator today but we regularly enjoyed a special guest along side Cliff and Keith. Maybe an injured player for example. My question would be where has Keith gone and is there still room for him along side Cliff and Tam? (Keith could just be on holiday or maybe got another job as far as I know but just saying).

Pre-match/HT/ FT
Today proceedings started 15 mins earlier than we are used to with a ‘studio’ which was situated around the normal police box area in the south stand. It was different for sure. Kind of looked like it was thrown together last minute though. I would question if looking at this studio was better value than having the video camera panning around the pitch/warm up while just listening to the Hibs TV team chatting over the build up to the game, usual stuff, players in/out, opponents etc etc.
Tanner - others have said it, he is a pro and gave a performance of one. He isn’t Hibs though and I thought that showed. David Gray gets mentioned, tanner whispered “sir David Gray in these parts” or something like that in such a quiet inaudible Whisper that Jo had no idea what he said. He didn’t mean it, condescending was my thought. Look, he is a pro. He isn’t Hibs. The question is - is he providing value add to the service at the cost he comes with vs the previous model that was perfectly good. The extra 15 mins of chatter, great. Does it need his face on it? Does it need anyone’s face on it? The pitch is perfectly beautiful as we saw today.
Tam is great, jo is great. Do they need the stress of being on camera? They may both be perfectly happy and more natural without the camera. Neither are trained for being on camera as far as I know. It was a touch awkward to watch at times when actually the sound would have been perfectly fine without a camera.

Extra stuff - ads, perfectly good. Videos from training, manager chat etc etc. Excellent. Again, didn’t need a studio to add this content.

Overall, Hibs TV continues to deliver. Does it need a studio??. In a time when money is tight do we need to be paying a professional presenter????

Overall, a more costly presentation and most of the really good additions didn’t really require any extra cost in my opinion.

Some small things the team will learn from, sound quality etc. Small things that didn’t make a huge difference (not at my end anyway).

TOP of the league. Could of been better in the pitch but it’s a start!!!

KingFranck
01-08-2020, 06:57 PM
He's a Hun, apparently
I don't care his comment welcome to Easter Road the home of the only premier league team in Edinburgh. He's a top bloke 👍

01-08-2020, 07:01 PM
I don't care his comment welcome to Easter Road the home of the only premier league team in Edinburgh. He's a top bloke 👍

It was amusing when he said “Boyles first double since his one against Hearts, remember them?”

MyJo
01-08-2020, 07:01 PM
As a 8 year veteran of Hibs TV (international) I’ve always been a big supporter of the product. It’s come a Long way in the 8 years, from streaming quality to the chat the Hibs TV team have given pre-Match, HT and post game although post match was always a very brief summary from cliff before signing off.
For many of you, today was your first experience so maybe interesting (maybe not) to note my comparison.

You need to excuse me if I get any of this wrong but I believe Hibs TV has mostly ‘employed’ free labour, media students etc to gain experience so there were many different voices over the Seasons. Sometimes not polished in presentation or asking questions but you could hear them learning and you could hear the improvement over the years.

Match commentary
Cliff - thank the lord it’s still his dulcet tones on the mic through the game. Wonderful passion and commentary for Hibs TV. Hibs TV would not be the same without him waxing over the proceedings. My son said “ah there he is” as he started his pre-kick off chatter. Legend!!!

Keith@leithsansiro - cliffs regular sidekick. Where is he now? Tam was a good sidekick as a co-commentator today but we regularly enjoyed a special guest along side Cliff and Keith. Maybe an injured player for example. My question would be where has Keith gone and is there still room for him along side Cliff and Tam? (Keith could just be on holiday or maybe got another job as far as I know but just saying).

Pre-match/HT/ FT
Today proceedings started 15 mins earlier than we are used to with a ‘studio’ which was situated around the normal police box area in the south stand. It was different for sure. Kind of looked like it was thrown together last minute though. I would question if looking at this studio was better value than having the video camera panning around the pitch/warm up while just listening to the Hibs TV team chatting over the build up to the game, usual stuff, players in/out, opponents etc etc.
Tanner - others have said it, he is a pro and gave a performance of one. He isn’t Hibs though and I thought that showed. David Gray gets mentioned, tanner whispered “sir David Gray in these parts” or something like that in such a quiet inaudible Whisper that Jo had no idea what he said. He didn’t mean it, condescending was my thought. Look, he is a pro. He isn’t Hibs. The question is - is he providing value add to the service at the cost he comes with vs the previous model that was perfectly good. The extra 15 mins of chatter, great. Does it need his face on it? Does it need anyone’s face on it? The pitch is perfectly beautiful as we saw today.
Tam is great, jo is great. Do they need the stress of being on camera? They may both be perfectly happy and more natural without the camera. Neither are trained for being on camera as far as I know. It was a touch awkward to watch at times when actually the sound would have been perfectly fine without a camera.

Extra stuff - ads, perfectly good. Videos from training, manager chat etc etc. Excellent. Again, didn’t need a studio to add this content.

Overall, Hibs TV continues to deliver. Does it need a studio??. In a time when money is tight do we need to be paying a professional presenter????

Overall, a more costly presentation and most of the really good additions didn’t really require any extra cost in my opinion.

Some small things the team will learn from, sound quality etc. Small things that didn’t make a huge difference (not at my end anyway).

Don’t much like Tanner if I’m being honest, wonder if we had considered Pat Nevin for that role given he would have more of a connection and interest in the club

Vault Boy
01-08-2020, 07:06 PM
For a debut effort from an in-house, largely new team, they did a superb job.

Transitions were really good quality, lots of angles and the wee bits of filler were an excellent touch. From all the folk chatting about it 'inevitably not working,' they've shown up really well.

tamig
01-08-2020, 07:10 PM
Don’t much like Tanner if I’m being honest, wonder if we had considered Pat Nevin for that role given he would have more of a connection and interest in the club

Pat is regularly on the BBC these days and he’s a pundit rather than a presenter.

calumhibee1
01-08-2020, 07:16 PM
Superb effort from Hibs on the TV front. Glad it all went to plan. Bar the odd stuttering in 1st half it worked great.

Hibernia&Alba
01-08-2020, 07:16 PM
It was amusing when he said “Boyles first double since his one against Hearts, remember them?”

Playing to his audience; I like it.

I thought it was very good. There will always be one or two problems in this situation, but they did a really good job, IMHO.

Brunswickbill
01-08-2020, 07:27 PM
I found the crowd noise very poor in the first half. Seemed to turn it off or tone it right down for the second half which solved the problem. I thought that the overall show was great, Well done Hibs and the production team. And Tam was on his best behaviour.

CockneyRebel
01-08-2020, 07:28 PM
Playing to his audience; I like it.

I thought it was very good. There will always be one or two problems in this situation, but they did a really good job, IMHO.

Watched it on my laptop. Login flawless. First class video on stream 1. Sound quality occasionally drifting but overall - well done Hibs.

SingaporeHibs
01-08-2020, 07:32 PM
I found the crowd noise very poor in the first half. Seemed to turn it off or tone it right down for the second half which solved the problem. I thought that the overall show was great, Well done Hibs and the production team. And Tam was on his best behaviour.

I’m no expert but i did wonder if the crowd noise which I believe was over Tannoy had some impact on the sound quality overall in the first half. The crowd noise did seem lower 2nd half and the overall sound was much better. Nae idea if connected or just coincidence

Power
01-08-2020, 07:37 PM
Very good feedback in here (club looking in will appreciate it) - I will pass verbatim and more too onto the club, each game in this manner being a learning opportunity ✅

01-08-2020, 07:40 PM

Match commentary

Pre-match/HT/ FT

I get what you're saying re the existing product, Cliff with Keith alongside him do a very good job. I think the club has taken the view that they want to make the product even better given that there were so many more of us watching and to give season ticket holders as much value for their season ticket investment as possible. I liked the additional pre-match build up and the half-time and post-match chat, which we don't normally get.

Cliff's 10-15 minute build-up is always good though I can't remember how long he got today before kick-off. That's the one thing I'd like not to change too much, give Cliff a decent amount of time and not just hand over to him a minute before kick-off.

Really looking forward to the next one.

18Craig75
01-08-2020, 07:44 PM
Top marks. Few hitches but that’s to be expected. Great start and I’m sure it’ll go from strength to strength.

Ryan91
01-08-2020, 08:46 PM
The frame stuttering/drops were a bit irritating, but I'd rather take the dropping of a frame or two every couple seconds as the stream continues rather than large occasional frame drops.

Not sure if this is an issue with the bandwidth or if it's an issue with the encoding, but it does seem like an issue more with Hibs/SD than it does with end-users.

Other minor issue was with Tam's mic, seemed like for a while it was either too quiet or too loud.

It's not a massive deal breaker and overall the quality was very good, and all those involved deserve to be commended for their efforts

Hibee Mac
01-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Seems there are a couple saying they are not fond of Tanner.

For what it's worth I thought I'd voice up the other side of things, I thought he was great. Brought a really professional side to things and not only that he even squeezed in a few pops at the Jumbos and sevco.

It was nice to listen to and watch a professional piece of coverage without the severe weegie bias that you usually have to put up with.

DaveF
01-08-2020, 08:54 PM
I struggled to take to Tanner but that aside, I thought the whole thing went very well. Slightly annoying stuttering picture in that 1st half but the 2nd was fine.

A good effort from all concerned.

Peevemor
01-08-2020, 09:08 PM
I'm not as big a fan of Cliff as some on here. I appreciate that he's a volunteer and does a tremendous job for us that rely on Hibs TV, but he's often guilty of verbosity and at times would fit in pretty well with the much berated Malaprop sisters.

I do like both Keith & Dave, but I was pleased that Tam was with Cliff today as he didn't just agree with everything Cliff said and it was good that he corrected Cliff a couple of times.

Juniper Greens
01-08-2020, 09:43 PM
I thought Tanner was quite good. Added a bit a professionalism to the thing and held it all together well.
I have used Hibs TV internationally extensively when I've been travelling and couldn't get use of my ST and thought today was a big improvement, both during the match and the analysis that was added.
Particularly liked Tanner saying "what's the goalie dain Tam" in the post match analysis.
Stream was almost flawless, bar a few jitters in the last 15 mins of the first half, but was uninterrupted the whole time.
I'd take more of the same quite happily until I'm back in Easter Road

CMurdoch
01-08-2020, 09:51 PM
Most importantly we were able to log in easily and never lost the stream at any point.
Big thumbs up for that especially being the 1st game. Well done all.

Commentary from Cliff was fine as usual but almost kicked the telly in when the phrase "big unit" was uttered for the 5th time.

Lots of issues with the sound which i am confident will improve next time.

David Tanner was okay but probably not worth what they are paying him. Joelle and Tam weren't very interesting, however, i am pleased Joelle is getting the chance to be a pundit and she did well. Tam needs to up his game and entertain us when in the studio but was fine when he was beside Cliff.

Overall no issues that won't improve next time out and it sounds like we all saw and heard the whole game which is all that really mattered.

hibeejeebies
02-08-2020, 06:23 AM
The lingering shot during one of the video packages of SDG in the shadows of the green neon lit tunnel was, as I believe the kids say, ******* EPIC.

macca70
02-08-2020, 06:55 AM
Had it on the telly through the PlayStation, worked perfectly.

The stream was a bit stuttery 1st half but overall the coverage, commentary etc was excellent.

Robbo6-2
02-08-2020, 07:15 AM
I thought the product was great.

Really impressed with the whole package. Tanner was good and I thought Joelle spoke very well. Tam was decent too apart from the time he was criticising Nisbet for not holding the ball up after yet another aimless shell from Marciano or drey wright bouncing the ball into him at 100mph. Tam your forgetting we seen your hold up play...

Overall the only thing that spoiled it was the stream itself. From about 30mins to half time ours was extremely jumpy and became almost un watchable. I never have issues with streaming matches previously Amazon prime for example. Was this an issue at Hibs end? If so needs sorted asap.

Ronniekirk
02-08-2020, 07:42 AM
I had a great picture and was just watching it on my I phone A few times it stuck but only fir a few seconds Was impressed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GreenCastle
02-08-2020, 07:54 AM
I agree about the studio. Surely the lighting can be improved or lmaybe a bad idea filming into light? Though it’s a great view of the stadium.

Personally would rather just see the players warming up on the pitch for 30 mins with any bits in between.

I absolutely loved the video at half time - another poster mentioned David Gray in the tunnel. That video needs wider coverage. (ST video?)

Maybe with Ron’s media side he will have content on the big screens one day if they ever get installed.

Can anyone comment about the noise in the stadium ? Is this a league wide thing with noise being played though or do clubs get to decide ? I know some players in England trialled it and really didn’t like it - hence sky adding it on or having channels where it’s not on.

Finally any suggestions as I felt the picture was a bit darker than the laptop - is it tv settings or ?

The Captain....
02-08-2020, 08:03 AM
Overall coverage was decent.

Not a fan of Tanner's style tbh but that's personal preference. Hes a bit safe and dull imo but hes very competent.

Like Hibs on the park today a successful first outing with room for improvement. Im sure some of the initial glitches will be ironed out as it beds in.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden
02-08-2020, 08:04 AM
I thought it was pretty good overall. Had a bit of buffering but nothing too bad

Only downside for me was the commentary. When Hibs changed to a back 4 after 30 mins or so, I don’t think Cliff and Tam picked up on it at all? Maybe I missed some comments but they seemed oblivious to something that was well worth discussing. A minor moan overall

Brightside
02-08-2020, 08:28 AM
It dropped out a few time for me. But quality was good overall. Not sure about the studio guests. I’d really like someone who give proper analysis of our line up and how we will play.

Keith_M
02-08-2020, 08:32 AM
My sound conked out for a while a while at half-time, so...

Who was the bloke (presumably) being interviewed just before the 2nd half started?

Hillsidehibby
02-08-2020, 08:41 AM

Who was the fat bloke (presumably) being interviewed just before the 2nd half started?

A bit harsh....

That was Fred Legett (sp) He started up the Hibs supporters club in Australia.

GreenCastle
02-08-2020, 08:49 AM
It dropped out a few time for me. But quality was good overall. Not sure about the studio guests. I’d really like someone who give proper analysis of our line up and how we will play.

Agreed - don’t think Tam or Joelle gave much depth - found them pretty boring - also I’m not a fan of Tams style on twitter etc. If they are doing this for free fine but if they are getting paid then I would expect more. Would be better to have guests who don’t sit on the fence as much - obviously Joelle is employed by foundation so won’t say anything too controversial. But just some more tactical analysis would be better - get the tactics board out!

GreenCastle
02-08-2020, 08:50 AM

Who was the fat bloke (presumably) being interviewed just before the 2nd half started?

Is this personal insult needed ?

thebakerboy
02-08-2020, 10:03 AM
Thought the coverage was pretty decent , a couple of burblings on sound at start and Tam and Joelle need to smile more when on camera. Thought it was slightly amusing when David Tanner couldnt get his tongue round "Happy Hibee Half Time Draw" at half time. Next game is away to Livingston and we are supposed to be able to get it on PPV with away commentary , does anyone know how. Next 4 games after that or maybe 5 are on Sky so dont know when I will be using service again.

Big90inOz
02-08-2020, 11:22 AM
Cannot say I’m a fan of Tanner, just didn’t work for me. Bring back Boozy !!!! Use to love it when Boozy commentated, mad as a hatter but Hibs through and through.

Billy Whizz
02-08-2020, 11:34 AM
Cannot say I’m a fan of Tanner, just didn’t work for me. Bring back Boozy !!!! Use to love it when Boozy commentated, mad as a hatter but Hibs through and through.

He’s the assistant manager at Hamilton, so hardly likely to be a commentator on Hibs TV just now

Forza Fred
02-08-2020, 11:37 AM

I thought he was pretty good myself😉

Hibby70
02-08-2020, 11:41 AM
Once we are back to attending in person I'd be quite happy to pay £18 per month if there was a replay at say 8pm and 10pm that night and the quality was similar.

Eyrie
02-08-2020, 11:42 AM

Would you describe yourself as neutral in the matter? :greengrin

Came over well and spoke fluently, which can be a challenge if you're not used to it.

Forza Fred
02-08-2020, 11:50 AM
Would you describe yourself as neutral in the matter? :greengrin

Came over well and spoke fluently, which can be a challenge if you're not used to it.

Totally unbiased.

hibby6270
02-08-2020, 12:01 PM
Pretty decent start for a first broadcast to a much bigger ‘tv audience’ than usual. 7 or 8 out of 10.

I watched first half via my Firestick on to main TV but the sound and picture was ‘unwatchable’. I put that down to the Firestick and TV combination (they are, like myself, older models:wink:) and not the actual transmission by HibsTV. Watched the 2nd half directly on my iPad. Smooth as you like and much better picture, which I think proved my thought on my Firestick/TV combo not being ideal.

Will try a laptop direct to tv on HDMI next time. Possibly even cast the iPad via Apple TV box.

From a personal point of view, trial and error will get me there.

Meantime, thanks to HibsTV and Stream Digital for their efforts in what was essentially a step into the unknown for them, certainly as far number of viewers was concerned.

oneone73
02-08-2020, 12:11 PM
Pretty decent start for a first broadcast to a much bigger ‘tv audience’ than usual. 7 or 8 out of 10.

I watched first half via my Firestick on to main TV but the sound and picture was ‘unwatchable’. I put that down to the Firestick and TV combination (they are, like myself, older models:wink:) and not the actual transmission by HibsTV. Watched the 2nd half directly on my iPad. Smooth as you like and much better picture, which I think proved my thought on my Firestick/TV combo not being ideal.

Will try a laptop direct to tv on HDMI next time. Possibly even cast the iPad via Apple TV box.

From a personal point of view, trial and error will get me there.

Meantime, thanks to HibsTV and Stream Digital for their efforts in what was essentially a step into the unknown for them, certainly as far number of viewers was concerned.
Firestick was absolutely fine for me. Were you using the Silk browser?

Keith_M
02-08-2020, 12:41 PM

He got the highest ratings of the day.

:wink:

Golden Bear
02-08-2020, 01:12 PM

:agree:

Absolutely fine with me as well.

There was a 10 minute spell in the first half when both the sound & picture quality deteriorated but it soon picked up again.

hibeejeebies
02-08-2020, 03:19 PM

Well done Sir, thought you spoke very well indeed.

Andy74
02-08-2020, 03:27 PM
Well done Sir, thought you spoke very well indeed.

Certainly did. Very natural.

Pete70
02-08-2020, 04:09 PM
No real complaints from me given it was the first game.

No connection problems but the picture & sound stuttered a little a couple of times but it didn't really spoil the game.
Studio lighting could be brighter.
Tanner brought a wealth of experience as a presenter and was ok.
Joelle & Tam were fine and I think will settle well into their roles.
Tam was better whilst commentating beside Cliff and said a lot of things I was thinking.
Cliff was, well, Cliff was Cliff. :greengrin
I liked the half time chat with the bloke from Oz. I think it would be an idea to do this sort of thing regularly with fans from around the world.
The graphics were decent.

Overall they got of to a good start and with a bit of fine tuning it will be better.

calumhibee1
02-08-2020, 04:20 PM
Ye enjoyed the fan input at HT. the guy spoke well

matty_f
02-08-2020, 07:27 PM
Ye enjoyed the fan input at HT. the guy spoke well

I think that having that kind of fan interaction is a great way to connect to the support. I thought it was a great idea.

Greenio
03-08-2020, 12:04 AM
Like some others, I've been watching HibsTV for a long time.

For a completely new system and a lot more going on, they pulled it off really well.

As people have said, the issue with the stream for about 20 mins or so was not ideal, but got fixed. Few other small glitches with sound and sound levels also got sorted pretty quickly.

Personally, I thought the host and cohosts were good. They focused on the football, made intelligent comments and came across well. Joelle was a little nervous and could do with some coaching to stop her looking at her notes as much as she did, but I think that will come as she gets more confident. Also good to have a women on there too I think.

The studio set up needs work. It wasn't so much the lighting for me, more the tables, the wires going into plugs, the angle of the camera. I realise options and budgets are limited, but I think there is room to create a better designed set - even if it was just central table for them all to sit around, like sky have done. So much better actually seeing people, than just listening to the talk

Cliff and Tam were good in the commentary. I liked Keith but there was room to be better and I think this new set up was of a higher standard. I'm not a fan of people acting daft while calling the game, so liked the balance of commentary they had.

Was great to hear from the boy in Aus - would like to see that as a regular feature, seeing as we don't have The Wall anymore. Hearing from Hibs fans across the world.

Anyway, well done to Hibs and their partners for pulling this off. Really keen to see how they develop and enhance this new online viewing experience as the season goes on.

ozhibs
03-08-2020, 12:49 PM

I did too , well done Fred

CMurdoch
03-08-2020, 07:39 PM

Well done Fred, more interesting than the pundits.

hibby6270
03-08-2020, 11:45 PM

:agree:

Absolutely fine with me as well.

There was a 10 minute spell in the first half when both the sound & picture quality deteriorated but it soon picked up again.

Yeah - I was using Silk. Is that best or should I switch to Firefox?

It was the sound and picture stuttering in first half that made me switch to iPad only in 2nd half.
Maybe I should have persevered with Silk if you say it got better.

Forza Fred
04-08-2020, 12:13 AM
I did too , well done Fred

Thanks Dad...:wink:

Golden Bear
04-08-2020, 06:39 AM
Yeah - I was using Silk. Is that best or should I switch to Firefox?

It was the sound and picture stuttering in first half that made me switch to iPad only in 2nd half.
Maybe I should have persevered with Silk if you say it got better.

Yes, I used Silk, overall it was ok apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half when it looked as though the broadcast was starting to break up but thankfully both the picture quality and sound picked up again.

oneone73
04-08-2020, 07:12 AM
Yes, I used Silk, overall it was ok apart from a 10 minute spell in the first half when it looked as though the broadcast was starting to break up but thankfully both the picture quality and sound picked up again.

Exactly the same for me

PatHead
04-08-2020, 06:39 PM
Thought he was like an Australian Stephen Craigen myself.
😂

The Baldmans Comb
05-08-2020, 07:11 AM
For an in-house football club production and a first attempt it was a good effort apart from the sound quality which was very poor.

Listening to doors banging and people laughing nearby to Cliff Pike was basic stuff and McManus microphone took about 20 minutes to work properly.

Joelle Murray did very well and Tanner cleverly got a few preplanned digs at Hearts and was clearly in a good mood after his old mates on the "BishopBriggs Loyal" bus texted him "The Rangers" score.

Tam is really just a fan with a microphone and doesn't offer any depth but he is affable and fills out the time well and Cliff Pike is a good commentator.

Camera angles were decent during match play though more replays would have helped but apart from the sound and the lighting of the studio it was a good opening broadcast.

keep the faith
12-08-2020, 11:10 PM
David Tanner was on rangers TV tonight according to twitter.

Obviously not exclusive to hibs tv.

Beefster
13-08-2020, 05:47 AM

I doubt we’re paying him remotely enough for him to turn down other paying gigs.

Brightside
13-08-2020, 05:54 AM
I doubt we’re paying him remotely enough for him to turn down other paying gigs.

Be lucky if he’s getting a few hundred a show.

Danderhall Hibs
13-08-2020, 06:57 AM

I saw a bit of outrage about it on Facebook - I’m not really sure why it’s a surprise to some?

Sir David Gray
13-08-2020, 08:55 AM

LTHF. :greengrin