PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy your promotion Dundee Utd

EI255
27-07-2020, 08:34 PM
Welcome to the elite league our Dundee friends. Mind and wave bye bye to the bitter losers on the way up [emoji16][emoji123]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Del Boy
27-07-2020, 11:12 PM
Welcome to the elite league our Dundee friends. Mind and wave bye bye to the bitter losers on the way up [emoji16][emoji123]

They’ll struggle without Shankland. Read on kickback couple weeks ago that Hearts would be signing him as cover for Boyce and Naismith....

Dont tell me that’s another sure thing from kickback that’s not happening?

calumhibee1
28-07-2020, 12:09 AM
They’ll struggle without Shankland. Read on kickback couple weeks ago that Hearts would be signing him as cover for Boyce and Naismith....

Dont tell me that’s another sure thing from kickback that’s not happening?

Is that with the £8m compo?

Since452
28-07-2020, 05:46 AM
Dundee United for Hearts, great swap. Hope it's permanent.

EI255
28-07-2020, 08:45 PM
Is that with the £8m compo?It's a cardboard cut out of Shankland they're trying to buy (but can't afford to).

erin go bragh
28-07-2020, 09:13 PM
They have just signed Luke Bolton from Man City on a season long loan .
Sure he is a speedy winger .

The Spaceman
28-07-2020, 09:23 PM
A very warm welcome to Dundee United :aok: good addition to our league and good for the game in general.

Carheenlea
28-07-2020, 09:32 PM
Dundee Utd are a good addition to the top flight.

Always a good away day with an easy city to travel to and a tidy stadium.

MWHIBBIES
28-07-2020, 09:34 PM
Folk forgetting the Skacel nonsense. Hope we pump them and send them right back down. Tinpot club.

Del Boy
28-07-2020, 09:41 PM
Folk forgetting the Skacel nonsense. Hope we pump them and send them right back down. Tinpot club.

One player acting the dick years ago. A good club who deserve their place in the top league.

matty_f
28-07-2020, 09:44 PM
I had a soft spot for United for their UEFA Cup final team back in the 80's when I was a kid. They haven't done much to endear themselves to me since then, other than properly trolling Rangers during the banter years, and the whole big nose stuff was pretty naff, but they have a decent support and so when we're all back in stadiums it will be good to have a decent away crowd in.

RoYO!
28-07-2020, 09:50 PM
Welcome utd. They'll play football making for entertaining games- as witnessed in the cup ties, with a noisy and busy away end (hopefully) will make for more entertaining games.

A good addition.

BILLYHIBS
28-07-2020, 09:58 PM

����

Need to improve 100 fold to survive

Watching them in the Scottish Cup even with Shankland they were soft in every position

Greenfly
28-07-2020, 10:35 PM
Sevco fans hate them, Hearts fans hate them - they must be doing something right.

WeeRussell
28-07-2020, 11:49 PM

Most mature folk would forget it aye...Couple of players acting like clowns to try and wind a few daft grown men up.. apparently still working many years later.

Good luck to United. Decent club.

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2020, 12:00 AM
Most mature folk would forget it aye...Couple of players acting like clowns to try and wind a few daft grown men up.. apparently still working many years later.

Good luck to United. Decent club.

It was just sad and pathetic that a club allowed a player to do that. He took the utter piss out of them. Didn't he refuse to take a penalty against Hearts as well?

Don't really wish any other club in Scotland good luck, especially not one associated with guys like Levein, Houston and Skacel. Hope they have a miserable season, along with the other 10 SPL teams that aren't Hibs.

BILLYHIBS
29-07-2020, 07:40 AM
It was just sad and pathetic that a club allowed a player to do that. He took the utter piss out of them. Didn't he refuse to take a penalty against Hearts as well?

Don't really wish any other club in Scotland good luck, especially not one associated with guys like Levein, Houston and Skacel. Hope they have a miserable season, along with the other 10 SPL teams that aren't Hibs.
:agree:

F##k them !

We are all HIBS

Wilson
29-07-2020, 08:59 AM

Yeah. That and their nonsense over the Matty Jack 'incident '. No time for them personally and not sure many would have, save for the fact that its hearts going in the other direction.

F*** them.

TelaStella
29-07-2020, 09:46 AM
Aye I’m not really subscribing to the big old Good Fer United love in either, granted it be at the expense of Hearts but somebody had to always come up.

I don’t disregard their place in the premiership this season both on and off paper. They had a fantastic season last season and will bring a welcoming addition of a new decent sized away following to grounds (lockdown off obviously), a decent sized stadium, competitive team and bringing top flight football back to Scotland’s 4th largest city.

The 10 years of Potter, Houston, Lazlo, Neilson, the Skacel incident, the hearts esc superiority attitude over Dundee, the abandonment of our name and total disregard of the early history, that championship season, WILLO FLOOD are just some of the things that put me off as a Hibs fan, of course.

I wish them well for the season ahead but if it were to come down to them vs St Mirren for example I know where my preference would be. I had a good chuckle when they went down years ago and would be the exact same this season though I think they will do just fine with what should be a comfy top 6 squad and positively rated manager. Looking forward to seeing what they bring to the season ahead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 09:51 AM
Wow, some people really are bitter.

Also somewhat lacking in awareness of sarcasm/humour

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2020, 10:31 AM

Tinpot (adj):- a club who have won more Scottish Cups in the last 100 years, more leagues in the last 40, been to more UEFA finals and European Cup semi-finals in the last 40, than Hibs.

TelaStella
29-07-2020, 10:41 AM
Tinpot (adj):- a club who have won more Scottish Cups in the last 100 years, more leagues in the last 40, been to more UEFA finals and European Cup semi-finals in the last 40, than Hibs.

Are you saying Hibs are more of a tinpot team than United then?

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2020, 10:47 AM
Are you saying Hibs are more of a tinpot team than United then?

I think we're more pewter, no?

"a malleable metal alloy composed of 85–99% tin, mixed with approximately 5–10% antimony, 2% copper, bismuth, and sometimes silver. "

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2020, 10:50 AM

Tinpot - a club with a wooden stand, crap fans, living in the past, lost their manager to a team a tier below.

Del Boy
29-07-2020, 10:52 AM
Wow, some people really are bitter.

Also somewhat lacking in awareness of sarcasm/humour

Exactly, are folk really holding grudges because 5 years ago an ex Jambo (hated by hibs the world over) does a childish wind up whilst a United player? and, even worse, 20 years ago United waste time in a game against us (and incidentally a hibs player dives for a penalty during the 7 minutes of added time and we score the penalty!). No wonder folk hate them.... :-)

MWHIBBIES
29-07-2020, 10:55 AM
Exactly, are folk really holding grudges because 5 years ago an ex Jambo (hated by hibs the world over) does a childish wind up whilst a United player? and, even worse, 20 years ago United waste time in a game against us (and incidentally a hibs player dives for a penalty during the 7 minutes of added time and we score the penalty!). No wonder folk hate them.... :-)

We won both games, why are we bitter?

You can dislike something without being bitter. United have been kind to us recently. Beat them in the cup semi, beat them for promotion, beat them this year in the cup. No reason to be bitter, I'm just not joining the circle jerk over them.

TelaStella
29-07-2020, 10:57 AM
I think we're more pewter, no?

"a malleable metal alloy composed of 85–99% tin, mixed with approximately 5–10% antimony, 2% copper, bismuth, and sometimes silver. "

I’ll take your word on that one. To rephrase my question though, based on your original comment do you see Dundee United as a bigger team than Hibs?

CropleyWasGod
29-07-2020, 11:02 AM
I’ll take your word on that one. To rephrase my question though, based on your original comment do you see Dundee United as a bigger team than Hibs?

My original comment wasn't wholly serious. It was mean to be a gentle poke about the word "tinpot". Sorry if that wasn't clear.

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 11:15 AM

Do you really think his comment was serious?

Bronson
29-07-2020, 11:15 AM
Dundee Hibernian have been top drawer in the hearts court battle, they’re alright in my book👍

TelaStella
29-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Do you really think his comment was serious?

The joke went over me, move on. My question still stands as a valid one regardless.

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 11:44 AM
The joke went over me, move on. My question still stands as a valid one regardless.

Fair enough.

My take on the answer to your question would be... 'who's the tallest in a room full of dwarves?'

TelaStella
29-07-2020, 11:49 AM
Fair enough.

My take on the answer to your question would be... 'who's the tallest in a room full of dwarves?'

Haha, fair enough mate.

Keith_M
29-07-2020, 11:50 AM
Haha, fair enough mate.

:greengrin

WeeRussell
30-07-2020, 01:05 PM
Tinpot - a club with a wooden stand, crap fans, living in the past, lost their manager to a team a tier below.

Living in the past...

the main reasons for folk disliking them is due to two isolated incidents that occurred many years ago.

There’s no “circle jerk”.. just a bit of humour due to the fact it’s hearts going the other way. But United do happen to be a club that ‘annoy’ me less out of those we play fairly regularly.

None of the mentioned ‘connections’ are associated with their club currently. It’s like someone saying they don’t like Hibs because we’re connected to Paul Hartley and Billy Brown. That would be living in the past.

People are entitled to dislike whoever they want (I have plenty against the grain myself), I just find the reasons on here a bit strange.

EI255
30-07-2020, 01:16 PM
Dundee Hibernian have been top drawer in the hearts court battle, they’re alright in my book[emoji106]Hear, hear [emoji4][emoji106]